Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,014 members, 7,799,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? (11867 Views)

Difference Between A Business Name And Limited Company (cac-wise) / Step By Step Guide On How To Register Your Business Name With The CAC / CAC Liquidates 30 Wonder Banks, As Depositors May Lose N106bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by temisafety: 11:16am On Feb 26, 2013
How Can You Prevent your chosen business name from being reallocated by the CAC?

I'm almost certain the people at Corporate Affairs Commission are being fraudulent with good/brandable names during name search. In the most recent experience I had with them,
1. We submitted 4 names for search.
2. They claimed 3 were not available but that the 4th one was.
3. We completed different documentations to complete the registration process.
4. CAC gave the go-ahead to publish the organization on a national newspaper and we published.
5. After some months (long after the publication), they told us that that name was no longer available and that we must find another name or add some word to the already approved and published one.
It's disheartening because we worked so had to come up with the names. Besides, we were only expecting to be informed that the registration had been completed after passing the name search stage.
My question is, how can you prevent CAC people from stealing a valuable/brandable name?
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 26, 2013
Same happened to me a few years back.....when will they automate the registration process?
Front page please Mod's.

1 Like

Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by temisafety: 2:26pm On Feb 26, 2013
I think ulterior motives is one of the major reasons they won't like to automate. After all, automation is quite cheap now and would make life much easier for themselves and for their customers. But they've been talking it and promising heaven and earth for like a decade now.
Brand_new: Same happened to me a few years back.....when will they automate the registration process?
Front page please Mod's.

1 Like

Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by temisafety: 2:26pm On Feb 26, 2013
I think ulterior motives is one of the major reasons they won't like to automate. After all, automation is much cheaper now and would make life much easier for themselves and for their customers. But they've been talking it and promising heaven and earth for like a decade now.
Brand_new: Same happened to me a few years back.....when will they automate the registration process?
Front page please Mod's.
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by fm7070: 5:38pm On Mar 05, 2013
if u have all your documents and documents approving the previous name, charge them to court and claim damages

3 Likes

Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by CVHP: 4:35am On Mar 06, 2013
Can anyone be kind enough to tell me how much to register a Limited Liability Company with CAC would cost?
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Afam4eva(m): 2:22pm On Mar 07, 2013
It's not easy to come up with a name. I used to think it was. I've been trying to get a good name for my business for almost two months now but to no avail. Are there professionals who do these things
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
the best way to go about it is to submit one name at a time. For instance I submitted for search through my lawyer yesterday and instructed him to submit each of the name separetely. If you put 4 names on the paper they know that u av arranged according to ur prefrence
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by ugees(m): 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
CVHP: Can anyone be kind enough to tell me how much to register a Limited Liability Company with CAC would cost?
You have to speak to a lawyer. only they can register a company for you. it should be less than 100k though, depending on the share size you want to get.
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Drunk: 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2013
temisafety: I think ulterior motives is one of the major reasons they won't like to automate. After all, automation is much cheaper now and would make life much easier for themselves and for their customers. But they've been talking it and promising heaven and earth for like a decade now.
Their Searches are all automated mate...please check your facts well.
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Drunk: 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2013
CVHP: Can anyone be kind enough to tell me how much to register a Limited Liability Company with CAC would cost?
The last one i did for N1M shares was 45k or 50k. I someone referred me directly to one of their staff.
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Drunk: 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2013
Afam4eva: It's not easy to come up with a name. I used to think it was. I've been trying to get a good name for my business for almost two months now but to no avail. Are there professionals who do these things
You're right. I had sleepless nights to conceive the 1st coy name i registered...What are you into? May be i could help with some suggestions
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Afam4eva(m): 2:34pm On Mar 07, 2013
Drunk:
You're right. I had sleepless nights to conceive the 1st coy name i registered...What are you into? May be i could help with some suggestions
I'm into technology products eg Web services, inventions etc.

I want a name that's not common but that means something positive. Preferably, a 2 syllable name. I was searching for the name of an animal or plant that has a unique feature that i can use. I don't just want to go for any name but a name that can easily be remembered and will sell itself else i would have joined by Alaba brothers in the way they name their business eg Chymmex enterprises.
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by omowolewa: 2:38pm On Mar 07, 2013
Drunk:
The last one i did for N1M shares was 45k or 50k. I someone referred me directly to one of their staff.

YES, ITS AROUND THAT PRICE RANGE BUT IT VARIES. I MEAN DUE TO ADVERT, NUMBER OF DIRECTORS, DIRECTOR/TRUSTEES' TAX CLEARANCE, PROFESSIONAL CHARGES, NATURE OF BUSINESS E.T.C.

1 Like

Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Drunk: 2:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm into technology products eg Web services, inventions etc.

I want a name that's not common but that means something positive. Preferably, a 2 syllable name. I was searching for the name of an animal or plant that has a unique feature that i can use. I don't just want to go for any name but a name that can easily be remembered and will sell itself else i would have joined by Alaba brothers in the way they name their business eg Chymmex enterprises.
Ok...lemme think for a while...
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
@OP...do you have the certificate of registration with you?
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by azeezakande: 2:42pm On Mar 07, 2013

If u want d process to be faster. It's #85,000 for a million shares. #50,000 for the same amount of shares but the process will take about 6 months. & u still hv to wash am for the cac ppl after the process is complete. (5 to10k)
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by labiola: 2:43pm On Mar 07, 2013
OP, Business name can never be allocated to someone else after the approval of such name, the only condition is when one fail to submit your documents for filling after maxmum of 60days, the name approval given will not be valid after the grace period, meaning the name will be available for anyone that needs to use it.

I can help you to register your company, you can send a mail to on labiola@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Nwaoguta(m): 2:48pm On Mar 07, 2013
Yes i can help you what about mumu international L.t.d
Afam4eva: It's not easy to come up with a name. I used to think it was. I've been trying to get a good name for my business for almost two months now but to no avail. Are there professionals who do these things
Yes i can help you what about mumu international L.t.d
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:50pm On Mar 07, 2013
highly interested in dz topic. Any1 with vital info plz!!!
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Positiveminds(m): 2:50pm On Mar 07, 2013
It depends on the share capital size. For N1M share capital you will have to budgetn N70k .
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Afam4eva(m): 2:50pm On Mar 07, 2013
Nwa oguta: Yes i can help you what about mumu international L.t.dYes i can help you what about mumu international L.t.d
What have i done to you?
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by momoohwos(m): 2:52pm On Mar 07, 2013
Please I need info on the requirements for opening a bank account with my business name. Thanks
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Nwaoguta(m): 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
What have i done to you?
Iwe ewela gi nwanne
Afam4eva:
What have i done to you?
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Nwaoguta(m): 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
What have i done to you?
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Afam4eva(m): 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2013
Nwa oguta: Iwe ewela gi nwanne
Maka gini kwanu? Ke ife mmere gi iji na kpom iyi?
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Drunk: 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2013
azeezakande:

If u want d process to be faster. It's #85,000 for a million shares. #50,000 for the same amount of shares but the process will take about 6 months. & u still hv to wash am for the cac ppl after the process is complete. (5 to10k)
That's outrageous! Mine never lasted up to a month and still costs far lesser than what you quoted man. The highest i spent was 50k plus appreciating the CAC lady and i needed no lawyer to draft my memorandum...well, its because of exorbitant cost like this i confided in someone who referred me directly to a staff there
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Drunk: 3:00pm On Mar 07, 2013
momoohwos: Please I need info on the requirements for opening a bank account with my business name. Thanks
Go to your choice bank customer care or better still google the banks name for their website and contact numbers...
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Nwaoguta(m): 3:06pm On Mar 07, 2013
Udo di.
Afam4eva:
Nwa oguta: [/quote]Udo di.[quote author=Afam4eva]
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Acidosis(m): 3:22pm On Mar 07, 2013

I can help...
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by gisoj: 3:27pm On Mar 07, 2013
momoohwos: Please I need info on the requirements for opening a bank account with my business name. Thanks
To open a bank account with your business name you need to get to Federal inland revenue service close to your address and apply for Tax identification number(TIN)then go to a bank of your choice. Without the TIN you cannot open a bank account. Other requirements to open the account include your business name certificate plus the form attached to it, money, your information etc.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Instead Of Selling Your Skrill Or Bitcoin To Me, You Can Withdraw It Directly To / Teach me how to make profit with football bet.plz / Commodity Prices To Rise In 2018; Oil Supply From Nigeria Could Be Volatile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.