Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:12 PM

Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? (11875 Views)

Difference Between A Business Name And Limited Company (cac-wise) / Step By Step Guide On How To Register Your Business Name With The CAC / CAC Liquidates 30 Wonder Banks, As Depositors May Lose N106bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by thirty(m): 7:07am On Mar 08, 2013
CVHP: Can anyone be kind enough to tell me how much to register a Limited Liability Company with CAC would cost?
for Limited Liability- 55k for every 1million share capital. (3months duration). 80k for express (3weeks duration). 10k for business registration. Call 08025546052 or mail: taidexterity@yahoo.com
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by quemark(m): 7:48am On Mar 08, 2013
Drunk:
The last one i did for N1M shares was 45k or 50k. I someone referred me directly to one of their staff.

Drunk, link me up the their staff dt helped u in the processing pls
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by mikedanza(m): 7:54am On Mar 08, 2013
Before you place any blame on CAC kindly understand the rules governing reservation of name.
1. To reserve a name does not imply its yours indefinitely
2. It expires automatically after 30 days....unless....
3. You were supposed to complete the registration process (You buy necessary forms, court signs, all directors/promoters sign, assessment is done, you pay the fees and it is then properly registered)

So what you did, if it was just reservation of name, was not sufficient and what CAC did was not contrary to their existing rules.
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by nonysmith(m): 12:20pm On Mar 08, 2013
reading what alot of us have said on dis platform; really half information or wrong information is dangerous....the corporate affairs commission is in charge of any and all registration of companies that intend to do business in nigeria...companies are registered under have part A (LIMITED COMPANY), PART B(BUSINESS NAME) or PART C(INCORPORATED TRUSTEES) ANY individual can register a business name but only a lawyer can incorporate a limited company or register an ngo under part c.....now as regards delay most state corporate affair branches have to send the jobs down to the abuja head office of cac dats why there seems to be delay...also getting a cac staff to do an incorporation is totally wrong and frowned at by the commission and NBA as a whole..infact if anyone reports dat staff he or she may loose his job..this is so as to protect the profession and prevent touting.....also most prices have been changed due to the new regulation that was passed early dis year..now dis should not be confused with the NIPC(NIGERIA INVESTMENT PROMOTION COUNCIL).....THATS ANODA GIST FOR ANODA DAY AS DEY ARE CHARGED DIRECTLY WITH FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT.....on a final note getting the incorporation done in Abuja is faster cos most lawyers dat deliver incorporation jobs swiftly send it down to abj for the lawyers in abj to execute....generally the price of incorporation depends on the share capital, the client and professional fee so i laugh when i see pple say i did mine for 45k and den anoda psn say 65 and everyone cries foul...i wud end by saying go to a SAN office and ask them to incoporate a company for you and den listen carefully to the fees they wud call......effectiveness/legal professional fee has no price tag

1 Like

Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Drunk: 4:01pm On Mar 08, 2013
quemark:

Drunk, link me up the their staff dt helped u in the processing pls
PM and i would refer you to her.
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Drunk: 4:03pm On Mar 08, 2013
nonysmith: reading what alot of us have said on dis platform; really half information or wrong information is dangerous....the corporate affairs commission is in charge of any and all registration of companies that intend to do business in nigeria...companies are registered under have part A (LIMITED COMPANY), PART B(BUSINESS NAME) or PART C(INCORPORATED TRUSTEES) ANY individual can register a business name but only a lawyer can incorporate a limited company or register an ngo under part c.....now as regards delay most state corporate affair branches have to send the jobs down to the abuja head office of cac dats why there seems to be delay...also getting a cac staff to do an incorporation is totally wrong and frowned at by the commission and NBA as a whole..infact if anyone reports dat staff he or she may loose his job..this is so as to protect the profession and prevent touting.....also most prices have been changed due to the new regulation that was passed early dis year..now dis should not be confused with the NIPC(NIGERIA INVESTMENT PROMOTION COUNCIL).....THATS ANODA GIST FOR ANODA DAY AS DEY ARE CHARGED DIRECTLY WITH FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT.....on a final note getting the incorporation done in Abuja is faster cos most lawyers dat deliver incorporation jobs swiftly send it down to abj for the lawyers in abj to execute....generally the price of incorporation depends on the share capital, the client and professional fee so i laugh when i see pple say i did mine for 45k and den anoda psn say 65 and everyone cries foul...i wud end by saying go to a SAN office and ask them to incoporate a company for you and den listen carefully to the fees they wud call......effectiveness/legal professional fee has no price tag
It's your opinion. Totally entitled to it. You either go do it at CAC yourself or give it to Attorney General of Nigeria. Bottom line is getting it done.
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by Anka(m): 4:23pm On Mar 08, 2013
kissName availabilty at cac is aproved or denied based on whether theirs is a similar name or not. If you send in 10 names at a time, and they are similar 9 wil b denied based that if all is not denied. When entering a name jus pray its not denied.also its wrong for a cac staff to incorpoarte any company.if you giv it to them its stil the lawyers dey pay to incorporate same for them. Its stil boils down to giving it to your lawyer to register for you. If you must incorporate a company, get a lawyer. The fees for registration varies depending on d client. Don't b scared of the price thje vital tin is getting your company registered.pls wen it coms to corporate issues please get a lawyer
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by gowaga68: 2:10am On Mar 09, 2013
Drunk:
That's outrageous! Mine never lasted up to a month and still costs far lesser than what you quoted man. The highest i spent was 50k plus appreciating the CAC lady and i needed no lawyer to draft my memorandum...well, its because of exorbitant cost like this i confided in someone who referred me directly to a staff there
I would love to have your contact number? i was told getting a lawyer was a most before anything can be done gettin a LTD.
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by labiola: 12:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
[/b][b][/b][b][b][/b]nonysmith: reading what alot of us have said on dis platform; really half information or wrong information is dangerous....the corporate affairs commission is in charge of any and all registration of companies that intend to do business in nigeria...companies are registered under have part A (LIMITED COMPANY), PART B(BUSINESS NAME) or PART C(INCORPORATED TRUSTEES) ANY individual can register a business name but only a lawyer can incorporate a limited company or register an ngo under part c.....now as regards delay most state corporate affair branches have to send the jobs down to the abuja head office of cac dats why there seems to be delay...also getting a cac staff to do an incorporation is totally wrong and frowned at by the commission and NBA as a whole..infact if anyone reports dat staff he or she may loose his job..this is so as to protect the profession and prevent touting.....also most prices have been changed due to the new regulation that was passed early dis year..now dis should not be confused with the NIPC(NIGERIA INVESTMENT PROMOTION COUNCIL).....THATS ANODA GIST FOR ANODA DAY AS DEY ARE CHARGED DIRECTLY WITH FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT.....on a final note getting the incorporation done in Abuja is faster cos most lawyers dat deliver incorporation jobs swiftly send it down to abj for the lawyers in abj to execute....generally the price of incorporation depends on the share capital, the client and professional fee so i laugh when i see pple say i did mine for 45k and den anoda psn say 65 and everyone cries foul...i wud end by saying go to a SAN office and ask them to incoporate a company for you and den listen carefully to the fees they wud call......effectiveness/legal professional fee has no price tag

@ Nonysmith, i disagree with your comments on " only lawyer is allowed to register a company. By law 3 professionals are allow to incorporate a business in Nigeria they are 1. Lawyer 2. Chartered Accountant 3. Chartered Secretary. Please stop misleading people with your falacy.
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by ITbomb(m): 6:41pm On May 19, 2013
what is the maximum value of contract I can get with a registered enterprise in Nigeria compared with Limited Liability Company
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by LOUDmedia(m): 8:49pm On May 19, 2013
Afam4eva: It's not easy to come up with a name. I used to think it was. I've been trying to get a good name for my business for almost two months now but to no avail. Are there professionals who do these things

Yes, there are professionals who help clients get a brandable name for their businesses. Check my profile/signature for website details.
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by LOUDmedia(m): 8:53pm On May 19, 2013
ugees: You have to speak to a lawyer. only they can register a company for you. it should be less than 100k though, depending on the share size you want to get.

It's a wrong notion to think it's only lawyers that can file company registrations at the CAC.
CAC recognises only parties (lawyers, chartered accountants and chartered secretaries) accredited by them.
Also, firms that constitute accredited parties can also engage in registration services.
Re: Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? by LOUDmedia(m): 9:32pm On May 19, 2013
mikedanza: Before you place any blame on CAC kindly understand the rules governing reservation of name.
1. To reserve a name does not imply its yours indefinitely
2. It expires automatically after 30 days....unless....

60 days and not 30 days. However, you are not expected to wait till few days b4 expiration before you start filing registration.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Instead Of Selling Your Skrill Or Bitcoin To Me, You Can Withdraw It Directly To / In The Wake Of A Wave Of Fintechs, Banks Are Getting Personal / Cyber-attacks: ‘N150bn Depositors’ Monies At Risk’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.