Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics (33535 Views)

Fayose Inspects Dualized Awedele Road (Pics) / Beautiful Picture Of Completed Kano Underpass / Kwankwaso Inspects Construction Of Kabuga Underpass Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by babapupa: 3:34pm On Feb 26, 2013
Fashola Lights Up Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road

The seven kilometers stretch of Ikorodu Road from Jibowu flyover to Maryland Underpass popularly known as the Independence Tunnel on Monday night glowed brightly as Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Monday switched on the lights, stating that it demonstrates the State Government's commitment to safety and security more than anything else.

The Governor said when the idea was muted over five years ago that it was possible to light up Lagos at night, many said that it was not doable and doubted the resolve of the government, adding that from one street to two streets, the government has developed the capacity to light up many parts of Lagos today.

He added that the work continues and that in one single year from one street to two streets at a time, the state did over 40 streets and is going to do more this year.

Speaking specifically on the Ikorodu Road project, the Governor declared: "The project involves the erection of 192 poles stretched through an existing road and that was why it was most challenging. This is because in other situations we had the street lights built into the construction of the road project. And I believe that over 250 new bulbs were installed in the project. I must thank the resourcefulness of our contractors for this."

"This completes the lighting up of the main artery road in the heart of Lagos from Central Lagos where we started on the Marina, right through Eko bridge, down to Alaka through Agege Motor road on the other side all the way to Oshodi and now from Jibowu to Maryland. The work continues and by the time we complete the lighting up of the Mile 12 to Ikorodu town, the whole of that stretch driving from Lagos Island into the heart of Ikorodu would be lit up. We are taking it one pole at a time, one street at a time, but we are on our way", the Governor said emphatically.

Speaking earlier, the State Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Dr Obafemi Hamzat said the new street lights which is from the service lane of Jibowu from the flyover area to Maryland Underpass, the Independence Tunnel, is connected to PHCN and powered by two sets of 250 KVA generators.

He added that from today, the people passing through the route can enjoy their movement because it will be well lit.

He stated that the lights are made up of 91 4000watts double galvanized amps,67 250watts double amps galvanized lights, 11 250watts double cup galvanized bulbs and another 15 250watts wall bracket types.

The brief ceremony was witnessed by members of the State Executive Council including the Commissioner for Energy and Mineral Resources, Engineer Taofik Tijani, the Special Adviser on Public Private Partnerships, Mr. Ayo Gbeleyi among others

40 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
God bless you BRF.....

Driving on that road nowadays is simply captivating..

8 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Akshow: 3:53pm On Feb 26, 2013
Sentiment aside this man is what naija needs. If we can vote GEJ president without any antecedent as a governor, i think it will be foolhardy of us to not vote Fashola should he contest. Or is there any governor performin like this man?

75 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by hrmkz: 4:03pm On Feb 26, 2013
where are the haters?

3 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by FineBro(m): 4:10pm On Feb 26, 2013
WE GO CHOP STREET LIGHT?

12 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Gbawe: 4:14pm On Feb 26, 2013
Wow. What a display of "flower planting". Well, we can only hope other Governors enrol in the School of agriculture Fashola attended.

17 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by blacksta(m): 4:16pm On Feb 26, 2013
Akshow: Sentiment aside this man is what naija needs. If we can vote GEJ president without any antecedent as a governor, i think it will be foolhardy of us to not vote Fashola should he contest. Or is there any governor performin like this man?

1 million likes

it is time to put mediocrity aside and replace with national growth. Nigeria should be beautiful at night

17 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ypzilanti: 5:09pm On Feb 26, 2013
Dear Governor, anytime I boil inside over something that annoys me in Lagos, you fix it in a little while. I have always asked myself why that ikorodu road is not lighted up at Night...apparently Fashola was asking same question. grin

3 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 26, 2013
Fashola for President.

15 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 26, 2013
Is it my eyes, or do those streetlight poles look a little too long?

3 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
Front page plzz
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 26, 2013
EKO ONI BAJE O

3 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by skyfall: 6:07pm On Feb 26, 2013
This is very good. Imagine all our 36+1 governors thinking like Mr Fashola. Hmmmnn, I rest my case my lord.

3 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by stupor(m): 6:12pm On Feb 26, 2013
Uncle 'to strong'

No other governor does it better.

Can Nigerians just pull their support for this man of immense repute and goal-liner please.

Uncle Fashola for president please. EKO BAAJE TI !

2 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Jakumo(m): 6:12pm On Feb 26, 2013
Future Nigerian President Fashola delivers one master-stroke of good leadersip after another. He talks the talk, and walks the walk better than any other Nigerian political figure, living or dead.

Vote for President Raji Fashola. Vote for advancement.

36 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by juman(m): 6:32pm On Feb 26, 2013
Good governor.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by omiobo: 6:32pm On Feb 26, 2013
Nice!
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Rhino5dm: 6:34pm On Feb 26, 2013
God bless BRF.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 26, 2013
And who says he doesn't deserve to be our president.

3 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Ejine(m): 7:01pm On Feb 26, 2013
O boy, those street lights na mighty towers o.
Well done!
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by honeric01(m): 7:05pm On Feb 26, 2013
BRF, by 2015, you'd be the vice president, then by 2019 the president of this sinking boat, hopefully we'll rise again.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by OkparaIgbo: 7:08pm On Feb 26, 2013
This is great work from Fashola on this project however people asking that we should all come together and vote him in as President based on this should also ask Nigerians to come together and vote Sullivan Chime for the transformation he has carried out in Enugu state with the meager allocation and tax generated when compared to Fashola.! Sullivan Chime for Presidency 2015 and I call on all Nigerians to show support to this honorable and trustworthy candidate. Pictures from this thread to buttress my point www.nairaland.com/979128/enugu-pride-east/

9 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by GARRIx7(m): 7:09pm On Feb 26, 2013
Where is‎​ my CUTLASS?? Uduaghan needs to be beheaded!!!

Does Fash have 2 heads?? ...and his Head is‎​ FAR BIGGER than Fashola's Head!!!!

Why Always Fashola??

angry angry

60 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by baby124: 7:13pm On Feb 26, 2013
Now that there are street lights, can they install camera's? Also, can they advice drivers to now dim the lights of their cars. Na wa! The thing can almost cause accident.

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by mithel(m): 7:16pm On Feb 26, 2013
HNosegbe: Is it my eyes, or do those streetlight poles look a little too long?

pfftt,seems nigerians love vandalizing the short ones,so i think its better longer .. wink

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by slimfit1(m): 7:16pm On Feb 26, 2013
It's just a street light nothing magical about it. But well done for doing your job simple.

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Sweetapple007(f): 7:19pm On Feb 26, 2013
It a beautiful development
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 26, 2013
Akshow: Sentiment aside this man is what naija needs. If we can vote GEJ president without any antecedent as a governor, i think it will be foolhardy of us to not vote Fashola should he contest. Or is there any governor performin like this man?

Sentiments aside yet you are being so sentimental . . .

4 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by slimfit1(m): 7:21pm On Feb 26, 2013
Tell him to invest on 800 megawatts for Lagos instead.

2 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Akshow: 7:22pm On Feb 26, 2013
OkparaIgbo: This is great work from Fashola on this project however people asking that we should all come together and vote him in as President based on this should also ask Nigerians to come together and vote Sullivan Chime for the transformation he has carried out in Enugu state with the meager allocation and tax generated when compared to Fashola.! Sullivan Chime for Presidency 2015 and I call on all Nigerians to show support to this honorable and trustworthy candidate. Pictures from this thread to buttress my point www.nairaland.com/979128/enugu-pride-east/
is it not the same enugu that four days ago made front page wit the news and pix of its public schools in shambles wit students under tree?

15 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by coogar: 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2013
HNosegbe: Is it my eyes, or do those streetlight poles look a little too long?

too tall is good, it prevents potential criminals who might want to climb and steal the lights. i wish it was taller.

4 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Akshow: 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2013
DJTee:

Sentiments aside yet you are being so sentimental . . .
mind explainin how I'm been sentimental?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Saraki/presidency Cold War: Senators Avoid C’ttee Chairmanship / Biafra: Cross River Issues Stern Warning Against Protest - the Nation / Borno Recruits 1,000 ‘Ninja Hunters’ With ‘Powers To Disappear’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.