Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics (33526 Views)

Fayose Inspects Dualized Awedele Road (Pics) / Beautiful Picture Of Completed Kano Underpass / Kwankwaso Inspects Construction Of Kabuga Underpass Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ocelot2006(m): 7:44am On Feb 27, 2013
Akshow: i can see sentiment has becloud your sense of reasonin. So you think we are so despondent that we are praisin him jus cos of street light? Here is an assignment for you. Google Fashola's achievement and i dare you to compare it to any other state in naija. Perhaps then you will understand.

Uhmmmm......you reeeeeaally don't want to do that. Even Akpabio of Akwa Ibom has done a WAAAY better job than Fashola.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 27, 2013
jmaine:

On top which level . . .Street light things ? undecided . . .Guy comport abeg . . . . .

Guy I've told the fella a piece of my mind about his comment....

I know how dangerous and deadly that place can be when we don't use to have those lights.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by chucky234(m): 7:46am On Feb 27, 2013
Dibiachukwu: Niggerians celebrating street lighting by a governor that is taxing poor people to bits. Does nothing to help poor people. Kills local businesses. Mortgages all their future to foreigners. A Governor that deports poor Nigerians from Nigeria, instead of creating opportunities for them. And some one is saying that Niggerians should vote this man as president. I no fit laugh!!!!!
People are just too gullible in this country,just two days back they were all calling Fashola names because of the pregnant woman that had miscarriage in KAI detention but today they wants him president simply because he erected subtandard streetlights on a single road out of the over one thousand roads in the state.
They even went as far as spending extra hundreds of millions of naira to invite dignitaries for the commissioning,the poor masses in Olodi,Ajegunle,Okoko,Ketu,Mushin,Onireke/Tedi,Ajangbadi,Agege,Iba Town,Ipaja,Egbeda,Amukoko,Orile, are yet to feel the impact of Fashola's six years in government.

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Lerin(f): 7:49am On Feb 27, 2013
FineBro: WE GO CHOP STREET LIGHT?
You an animal that never know nor appreciate good thing.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by olekubaby: 7:55am On Feb 27, 2013
WITH THIS PLENTY ACCOLADES, I HOPE WE WONT WAKE UP ONE DAY TO HEAR THAT FASHOLA HAS BEEN ASSASSINATED. Hmmmmm. pls stop calling him out to be president oooh ,. NIGERIANS in politics dont like hard working people. enuff said. Well done Gov. Fashola.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ocelot2006(m): 8:00am On Feb 27, 2013
MODs, please we've got a burnt-offering Gaynian baboon infestation on this thread. Pls do something about it.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Jakumo(m): 8:08am On Feb 27, 2013
ocelot2006: MODs, please we've got a burnt-offering Gaynian baboon infestation on this thread. Pls do something about it.

Ha ha Wopa Gangam style hip hip hip hip
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Freiburger(m): 8:09am On Feb 27, 2013
Others are celeberating a direct energy from the sun and we 're here celeberating street lights. undecided
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by katunj: 8:14am On Feb 27, 2013
HNosegbe: Is it my eyes, or do those streetlight poles look a little too long?

Not your eyes, the poles are designed to be long so that it can also light up the service lines on both sides
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ocelot2006(m): 8:16am On Feb 27, 2013
scribble: I really cant blame some of these Ekaette and Akpan that come here and say we should go to their state and see development.

Is it Akpabio that builds roads that cave in only few months later. Akpabio that clubs in night clubs and pays undergraduates for threesomes.

You see Akpan is deluded because Akpabio is giving them free movie ticket every Christmas after subsidizing Ben Bruce's fortune in his State.

Or is it Imoke that after embezzling Power sector fund as power minister under OBJ and is now on hiatus in obodo poyibo for treatment after reckless living with the peoples money?

Surely our God will visit these people!!!

I am a Christian but will use both my hand to cast vote for any ticket I see Fashola name on.

Roads that caved in? Mr. Man, have you been to Akwa Ibom or Calabar before? Have you actually gone beyond the borders of Ajegunle, or Lagos? 'cos I sincerely doubt you have, else you'll explain how roads built by Julius Berger and Setraco caved in. But hey, keep spewing trash on the thread. When you're thru embarassing yourself, lemme know. Monkey.

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Jobig(m): 8:17am On Feb 27, 2013
our road safety are not up to standard,night drivers are they worst set insane in Nigerians road.head-light flashes as if they are looking for pin on the road.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Jakumo(m): 8:21am On Feb 27, 2013
Freiburger: Others are celeberating a direct energy from the sun and we 're here celeberating streets light. undecided

Lagos is infested with "pole monkeys" who in the past would shimmy up the poles of city street lights, one after the other, in order to harvest the fixtures for re-sale at Alaba International Market, Africa's one-stop shopping venue for all things electrical and stolen.

The taller poles used for these new lights are designed to frustrate pole-monkeys, and make sure that any falls that occur from that added height result in certain death that will eliminate those pole-monkeys from the gene pool.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by geeez: 8:21am On Feb 27, 2013
No one told us in an extensive interview that government will set up a committee to light up Ikorodu road. It just happened and it broke in the press afterwards. Way to go. Make it happen before inviting the media and not keep promising what you know you won't deliver on
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by naptu2: 8:21am On Feb 27, 2013
That's where that Channels Television guy died in the late 90s/early 2000s. I believe he was the head of their news and political desk. He ran into a parked tanker while driving home from work late at night.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Moukafoam(f): 8:22am On Feb 27, 2013
Akshow: Sentiment aside this man is what naija needs. If we can vote GEJ president without any antecedent as a governor, i think it will be foolhardy of us to not vote Fashola should he contest. Or is there any governor performin like this man?

Upon the money Tinubu is collecting from the state treasury there is still enough to work. Lagos is indeed rich. He should be drafted to a state like Ekiti cheesy and lets see Wђɑ̤̥̈̊† will happen cool

1 Like

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by naptu2: 8:25am On Feb 27, 2013
Jakumo:

Lagos is infested with "pole monkeys" who in the past would shimmy up the poles of city street lights, one after the other, in order to harvest the fixtures for re-sale at Alaba International Market, Africa's one-stop shopping venue for all things electrical and stolen.

True. I was a bit surprised when I read the headline. The street lights on Ikorodu Road did not work for many years (probably decades), but I do remember that the lights were fixed circa 2006/2007 and they've come on and gone off intermittently since then. After thinking about it, I later understood what happened. They took out the old poles and put in new and much taller poles.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ocelot2006(m): 8:28am On Feb 27, 2013
ACM10:
If streetlight is one of the criteria for becoming our president, then Goodluck rightly deserves to be at Aso rock. Seriously, Govs. Chime, Amaechi, Akpabio, and even Peter Obi, Martin Elechi, Orji had erected streetlights without it hitting the frontpage of NL.

You must be confined to only Lagos if you think that it is only Fashola that is working. Some other governors are outperforming Fashola with little or no funfare. Chime erected streetlights for all the major roads in Enugu without commissioning them. Why must Fashola continue to flaunt his meagre achievement?

My brother, mbok tell them oh.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by chucky234(m): 8:31am On Feb 27, 2013
Freiburger: Others are celeberating a direct energy from the sun and we 're here celeberating streets light. undecided
My brother the thing no tire you,we are 20 years behind the western world yet operates the most expensive government,what Lagos state generates and receives as allocation from FG on a monthly basis is enough to cover SA annual budget yet they are 15 years ahead of us in terms of infrastructural development and basic amenities.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Reference(m): 8:33am On Feb 27, 2013
Feed me more:

The highlighted got me Roflmao! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy smiley

Marshal plan indeed!

I tell you. Nairaland is such a fun place if you have the time to sit back and read some of these comments.

I'm neither here nor there on this one but I believe it is a sure sign our democracy is growing. Now that we can celebrate achievement while at the same time exact pressure for more. Hopefully the threshold for good governance will keep rising.

For the Fasholites, I hope this sort of frenzy will not be repeated and for those under the yoke of bandit chief servants, you've seen some good, now remove your task masters today.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by MadCow1: 8:33am On Feb 27, 2013
Akshow: Sentiment aside this man is what naija needs. If we can vote GEJ president without any antecedent as a governor, i think it will be foolhardy of us to not vote Fashola should he contest. Or is there any governor performin like this man?

Then if you see Uyo, you will probably make Akpabio World President!!

GEJ 2015.... Vote Umblerra or die trying!!.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by chucky234(m): 8:34am On Feb 27, 2013
naptu2: That's where that Channels Television guy died in the late 90s/early 2000s. I believe he was the head of their news and political desk. He ran into a parked tanker while driving home from work late at night.

Was he driving without headlights on,or was the car without a pair of headlights fitted on it?
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ocelot2006(m): 8:42am On Feb 27, 2013
born2fuck: Fashola will not even go for president now because I do not think Nigerian want good things, we will manage him within the west zone of Lagos,Ogun,Ondo,Oyo,Ekiti and probably Kwara (provided they beg).....

Praying for fashola to become president is like doing the northern and the eastern favour because they don't want to develop and civilised , we just need to pull our head together within west zone and make him head of west Nigeria ,making other west zone be like Lagos, Northerners do not want development, all they want is old fashion sharia law and the delta are the one bombing government properties similar to boko haram but as for easterner,if cares not taking they will sell the whole country to the European,I swear because all they care is about money

Let's build our home and leave the rest with their killing and corruption

Son, have you ever travelled out of the SW and visited other regions?
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by naylove(m): 8:44am On Feb 27, 2013
but the light for service lane no on now abi that one no need light
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ba7man(m): 8:45am On Feb 27, 2013
Is intelligence that rare in this country??...Its not about the Street Lights but the importance of the Ikorodu road. Can you compare its importance to any road tarred and lit by Akpabio?? NO!!...This is the most important road in Nigeria(I said it again). Lagosians are happy the most important road in Lagos/Nigeria/West Africa just got lit up. More than 4x the population of Akwa-Ibom use this route daily.....I'm sure it should be even more.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ba7man(m): 8:54am On Feb 27, 2013
This is a feat the Military regime attempted and failed. The Streetlights kept getting vandalized. It was later abandoned for up to 2 decades and suddenly its lit up again. I just hope they can maintain it. Its 5x harder to do things in Lagos than in Akwa-Ibom...If not more.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by MadCow1: 8:57am On Feb 27, 2013
ba7man: Is intelligence that rare in this country??...Its not about the Street Lights but the importance of the Ikorodu road. Can you compare its importance to any road tarred and lit by Akpabio?? NO!!...This is the most important road in Nigeria(I said it again). Lagosians are happy the most important road in Lagos/Nigeria/West Africa just got lit up. More than 4x the population of Akwa-Ibom use this route daily.....I'm sure it should be even more.

What exactly makes it the most important road in Nigeria sir?!

So because more than 4x the popuplation of Akwa Ibom uses that road makes it the most important road in Nigeria?! REALLY?! And where did you get your statistics from please?!

Have you been to Uyo to see how 21st century roads are supposed to look?!!

Do you know that there are more driving aids than streetlights?!!

Are you also a Mad Cow?! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by ba7man(m): 9:02am On Feb 27, 2013
Mad Cow:

What exactly makes it the most important road in Nigeria sir?!

So because more than 4x the popuplation of Akwa Ibom uses that road makes it the most important road in Nigeria?! REALLY?! And where did you get your statistics from please?!

Have you been to Uyo to see how 21st century roads are supposed to look?!!

Do you know that there are more driving aids than streetlights?!!

Are you also a Mad Cow?! undecided
The road that runs through the heart of the commercial nerve center of Nigeria should not be compared to any road in Akwa-Ibom. Its just the random population that use it i projected....Minus the goods and services to millions of people nationwide that pass through this road daily. Mention one road as important as the Ikorodu road or rest your case. Trust me, those Akwa-Ibom roads may look better but Ikorodu road is far more useful and important. So adding lights to it is a very good thing.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Olumideta(m): 9:07am On Feb 27, 2013
Fashola is th man!
Just keep up the good jobs.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 27, 2013
Am tired of all these people saying "have you ever travelled outside of SW", the story is the same EVERYWHERE!!!
All na wash! Especially this talk of calabar and uyo, why don't you talk of akwa ibom and cross river as a whole, then you'll understand that its really a case of 'the more you look the less you see'.
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by jmaine: 9:07am On Feb 27, 2013
naptu2:

True. I was a bit surprised when I read the headline. The street lights on Ikorodu Road did not work for many years (probably decades), but I do remember that the lights were fixed circa 2006/2007 and they've come on and gone off intermittently since then. After thinking about it, I later understood what happened. They took out the old poles and put in new and much taller poles.

The Street light poles at the Tejousho axis in Yaba are very short . . .And they also look very recent . . .
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by nkemKalu: 9:07am On Feb 27, 2013
FineBro: WE GO CHOP STREET LIGHT?
EWU FERNANDA PO..........YOUR ODEH JONATHAN HAS NOT EVEN PUT ONE STREET LIGHT SINCE HE BECAME PRESIDENT
Re: Streetlights At Jibowu To Maryland Underpass On Ikorodu Road. Pics by dayo8080(m): 9:08am On Feb 27, 2013
Why do we Nigerians unnecessarily applaud a political office holder for performing his/her responsibility. He use the public fund to execute the project which is the normal thing to do. Lagos generate revenue more than any other state. Am earning 84k and paying automatic tax of 10k. Imagine all other areas in which lagos generate from. Land use charge, etc if Fashola uses the funds well; he ought to be commissioning projects every day without advertising himself like what he just did.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Dress Code In Lagos House Of Assembly Worthy Of Emulation / I Will Leave No Inheritance For My Children – Buhari / Buhari Commissions Second Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.