Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,028 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) (167028 Views)

My 3 Bedroom Bungalow Project / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / Building My Three (3) Bedroom Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 3:45pm On Mar 02, 2013
Elsafema: You have done well bro. Pls what is lenght and breadth in ft of this house

The length and breath of the house in ft is 40ft by 40ft
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by doctorgold(m): 9:42pm On Mar 02, 2013
@ OP, this is a job well done. God will continue to provide for you. I wish to point ur attention to the fact that it is bad practice to construct a building without oversite concrete. If your architect included the sections in the drawing document, that means you chose to ignore it. The wall of your building tends to draw water frm the ground with time and it may lead to peeling of the paints at the base of the wall in the rooms. That is what oversite concrete prevents. Weldone all the same. God will build you a bigger one .
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 10:31pm On Mar 02, 2013
doctorgold: @ OP, this is a job well done. God will continue to provide for you. I wish to point ur attention to the fact that it is bad practice to construct a building without oversite concrete. If your architect included the sections in the drawing document, that means you chose to ignore it. The wall of your building tends to draw water frm the ground with time and it may lead to peeling of the paints at the base of the wall in the rooms. That is what oversite concrete prevents. Weldone all the same. God will build you a bigger one .

Thanks a lot, duly noted.........will make sure not to make such mistake in subsequent building

1 Like

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by doctorgold(m): 11:30pm On Mar 02, 2013
Muyesky:

Thanks a lot, duly noted.........will make sure not to make such mistake in subsequent building
you are welCome
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Elsafema: 1:26pm On Mar 03, 2013
doctorgold: it is bad practice to construct a building without oversite concrete.
pls which one is oversite concrete
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 03, 2013
Elsafema: pls which one is oversite concrete

German Floor is what is called oversite concrete. We tend to over build in Nigeria. German floor is meant for water lodge area.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by jamace(m): 2:58pm On Mar 03, 2013
Thumbs up for you, OP.

Keep on keeping on.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 5:43pm On Mar 03, 2013
Can a German floor (oversite concrete) still be done after the building has started? Like in the case of OP. Instead of doing it and putting the blocks of the building on top of it. Thanks.

Mufutau

payless:

German Floor is what is called oversite concrete. We tend to over build in Nigeria. German floor is meant for water lodge area.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:11pm On Mar 03, 2013
jamace: Thumbs up for you, OP.

Keep on keeping on.

thanks a lot brother, God bless u
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 7:18pm On Mar 03, 2013
mufutau55: Can a German floor (oversite concrete) still be done after the building has started? Like in the case of OP. Instead of doing it and putting the blocks of the building on top of it. Thanks.

Mufutau

yes it can be done, in my own case, i actually filled the hole of the blocks round after the foundation level before putting blocks on it. the land itself is a very very dry land such that easiest well you can construct there is like 90 ft.

1 Like

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by lanrujay(m): 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2013
We are a world-class company engineered to delivering quality jobs that standout in design standards, we have taken sometime out to studying the technology of paved stones to beautify structures to highest standards! Our past works have metamorphose into being an authority in our areas of expertise!

Our products are in two variances on interlocks (also known as paving stones).
1) STANDARD
2) DELUXE
Each brand comes with unique qualities and can not be compared what obtains in the open market. We also give you a brand that can't be gotten anywhere else with a 10 years certificate of guarantee!

We focus on Production, supply and fixing (laying) are carried out by our experienced technicians from all over the country with proven track records. We offer free maintenance within the warrantee period and also help correct faults from existing jobs by previous installers to give your surroundings a palatial look.

REASONS TO PATRONISE US!!

* we have unique designs
* productions in split of seconds with state of the art equipment ( we do productions on site too)
* laboratory tested stones (10 years warrantied with free maintenance)
* quality finishing by professional installers
* world class certified jobs at affordable prices
* Money back guaranteed on all our services.

*Corporate Head Office/ Works Location

*Plot #3, Fattek Blocks industry, off baba-ode road, Onibuku, Atan, Sango ota, Ogun State.
*Tel: 07037088364, 08098411919
*Email: lanrujay@yahoo.com
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 5:05am On Mar 04, 2013
Muyesky:
yes it can be done, in my own case, i actually filled the hole of the blocks round after the foundation level before putting blocks on it. the land itself is a very very dry land such that easiest well you can construct there is like 90 ft.

Thank you for the response. I am trying to learn some things from this forums.

Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by jangbala2000: 8:07am On Mar 04, 2013
Muyesky, great job my brother, you have done very well. I am bulding something similar presently in Ikorodu and would like to get some insight from you as regards the roofing and Pvc work. I am impressed that you've managed to build something so beautiful with a very modest budget. Can you please send me your number/email address.

1 Like

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:36am On Mar 04, 2013
jangbala2000: Muyesky, great job my brother, you have done very well. I am bulding something similar presently in Ikorodu and would like to get some insight from you as regards the roofing and Pvc work. I am impressed that you've managed to build something so beautiful with a very modest budget. Can you please send me your number/email address.

Thanks a lot bro, am highly honored and will be glad to assist u in any way I can. My email address: muyiwaolakunde@rocketmail.com. Hope to hear from you soonest
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Shawls: 7:35pm On Mar 04, 2013
Pls,can I get the contact info of the person that did the arches and decorative pillars? How much did he charge? Is it per sqft or how? Thanks bro.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:08pm On Mar 04, 2013
Shawls: Pls,can I get the contact info of the person that did the arches and decorative pillars? How much did he charge? Is it per sqft or how? Thanks bro.

his name is Tony, his number is 08168277234. his charges will actually depend on the location of the building in particular. he stays not too far from LASU, iba-igando road. give him a call maybe both of you can strike a deal smiley
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 8:10pm On Mar 04, 2013
Shawls: Pls,can I get the contact info of the person that did the arches and decorative pillars? How much did he charge? Is it per sqft or how? Thanks bro.

his name is Tony, his number is 08168277234. his charges will actually depend on the location of the building in particular. he stays not too far from LASU, iba-igando road. give him a call maybe both of you can strike a deal
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by jangbala2000: 4:18am On Mar 05, 2013
Thanks a lot bro, am highly honored and will be glad to assist u in any way I can. My email address: muyiwaolakunde@rocketmail.com. Hope to hear from you soonest

Thanks my brother, i have just sent you a mail,check ur box.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Shawls: 4:47am On Mar 05, 2013
Thanks my man.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 3:54am On Mar 08, 2013
@Muyesky
Looking at the plan of the house.. The visitor has to come out from the Livingroom into the veranda to use the Toilet? Why?
I would have let the opening for the Toilet come from inside and seal the door space at the veranda.

Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 6:24am On Mar 08, 2013
mufutau55: @Muyesky
Looking at the plan of the house.. The visitor has to come out from the Livingroom into the veranda to use the Toilet? Why?
I would have let the opening for the Toilet come from inside and seal the door space at the veranda.

Mufutau

Well, for hygenic reasons, the door should be directed outside. You don't want any smell from the toilet which might occur in your sitting room. Its convenient to have the door inside but hygenic to have it outside.

3 Likes

Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 1:14am On Mar 09, 2013
Muyesky:

Well, for hygenic reasons, the door should be directed outside. You don't want any smell from the toilet which might occur in your sitting room. Its convenient to have the door inside but hygenic to have it outside.

If that is the case then the Master Bedrooms and other rooms with internal Toilet/Bath/WC should not be there.
As long as you keep the place clean there should not be any smell.. I thought it was in the old age that people
still go outside to use toilets. May be I have been living in abroad too long. smiley

Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 09, 2013
mufutau55:

If that is the case then the Master Bedrooms and other rooms with internal Toilet/Bath/WC should not be there.
As long as you keep the place clean there should not be any smell.. I thought it was in the old age that people
still go outside to use toilets. May be I have been living in abroad too long. smiley

Mufutau

My guy u defo has spent too much time abroad,remember that in 9ja sometimes toilet dey full and u'll then need pple to come and suck it away,.although my house was built like u described here,but I think d op has a point.

One love.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 8:27pm On Mar 09, 2013
euromilion:

My guy u defo has spent too much time abroad,remember that in 9ja sometimes toilet dey full and u'll then need pple to come and suck it away,.although my house was built like u described here,but I think d op has a point.

One love.

You guys are right. I guess every situation derserves a different solution. I am sure the OP's reason is also justifiable.
Thanks for the comments.

Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by AreaFada2: 10:51am On Mar 17, 2013
@Muyesky,

The Apocalypse has come out nicely. Very good job.

Is it really true that all the tiles in front of the house cost 20k and tiler charged 2.5k?

If so can you give the contact of the place you bought the tiles and the tiler please?
How many square metres of tiles did you buy?
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 5:59pm On Mar 17, 2013
@Muyesky
How much does the each Window Buglary Proof costs and what is the size of the windows.
Thanks.

Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
Area-Fada:
@Muyesky,

The Apocalypse has come out nicely. Very good job.

Is it really true that all the tiles in front of the house cost 20k and tiler charged 2.5k?

If so can you give the contact of the place you bought the tiles and the tiler please?
How many square metres of tiles did you buy?

9 square metres in total and d tiler charged about 300/sq metre and I only gave him 2.5k cos he will be laying the floor and wall tiles for the house totaling abt 260 sq metres very very soon.......provided baba God makes my expectation come thru.....will get his . I got the tiles frm odun ade market, alaba/suru. U will see varieties there so don't limit yourself to mine. The tiler's name is kenny and his numbers are: 08026229008, 07061527664.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 9:52pm On Mar 17, 2013
mufutau55: @Muyesky
How much does the each Window Buglary Proof costs and what is the size of the windows.
Thanks.

Mufutau

Each burglary proof cost 4.5k and the size of the window is 4 x 4
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by AreaFada2: 12:10am On Mar 18, 2013
Muyesky:

9 square metres in total and d tiler charged about 300/sq metre and I only gave him 2.5k cos he will be laying the floor and wall tiles for the house totaling abt 260 sq metres very very soon.......provided baba God makes my expectation come thru.....will get his . I got the tiles frm odun ade market, alaba/suru. U will see varieties there so don't limit yourself to mine. The tiler's name is kenny and his numbers are: 08026229008, 07061527664.

Thanks bro. More grease to your elbows. Baba God will provide.
As for the floor tiles and wall tiles to be done, have you checked out the prices yet?
What's the sqm prices of the floor tiles & wall tiles (I presume for kitchen & bathrooms)?

I know prices vary but the ones you have set your mind on, how much?
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by mufutau55(m): 12:34am On Mar 18, 2013
Muyesky:
Each burglary proof cost 4.5k and the size of the window is 4 x 4

Thanks for the info. What about the smaller ones for like the bathroom/Toilets?
Did you make any for the entrance door and the backyard door? How much are those?
Thanks. I am just trying to get an estimate.

Mufutau
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Muyesky(m): 12:31pm On Mar 18, 2013
mufutau55:

Thanks for the info. What about the smaller ones for like the bathroom/Toilets?
Did you make any for the entrance door and the backyard door? How much are those?
Thanks. I am just trying to get an estimate.

Mufutau

Didn't make any for the entrance and back door, but the toilet/bathrooms, I made them 2ft x 2ft.
Re: Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2013
Muyesky: smiley

My broda pls can u give me d phone number of d Aluminium and ceiling company where u bought ur pls.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House / Aloysius Nnamdi Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Building House In This Recession! / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.