Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,644 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards (19745 Views)

Ibe Kachikwu And Wife, Elizabeth, At Thisday Awards (pic) / Another Bomb Blast At ThisDay Office In Kaduna, 10 Killed / Bomb Blast At Thisday Office, Jabi, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards by yokiti: 8:19pm On Feb 27, 2013
naptu2:

Yes! That's the link I was looking for (from the US State Department). Thanks.

Sir, I dont regret voting for you during the poster of the year award. Keep up the good work. God bless you with more wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
Re: American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards by ZeusI: 9:30pm On Feb 27, 2013
gramci: Obaigbena should be tried for treason
Shot up and try employing ratiocination in your judgements, was obaigbena the one who demanded for such nonsense? The announcer should be tried for TREASONABLE-FELONY!
Re: American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards by bukatyne(f): 9:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
@naptu2, thanks a lot. I've learnt dis today.
Re: American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards by Awoofawo(m): 10:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
jmoore:

Ever heard of the word treason? Go to school..

@jmoore no mind those jokers, na shooting practice our ogogoro inducted soldiers go take them do jawe! Dem born dem weluwelu to try am lialiacheesycheesy wink
Re: American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards by danieslim(m): 12:48am On Feb 28, 2013
I don't bloody care about the rationale behind the singing of USA anthem at that event,
But the protocol is my concern
So am Concluding that all those who said Nigerian anthem should come first are not university/polythecnic (full-time) graduates (who were below 30yrs as at when they graduated) so therefore they didn't participate in the NYSC scheme cos they would have noticed during parades the National Anthem comes Last after the NYSC anthem and that's because its the most important, and same goes for military parades also
So before you start hailing the people of ogun state for their patroitism pls be informed that they were VERY WRONG
Sometimes its sensible to SHUT-UP instead of making a complete fool of oneself
Re: American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards by Nobody: 5:37am On Feb 28, 2013
Dr young: Thank God, we still have people who are not willing to sell Nigeria.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed . As if that changes anything about the country. It is just a display of ignorance. A typical one showing what Nigerians feel inside of them as being the inferior, if not there is nothing wrong in following protocol. It is done in many countries around the world only in Nigeria people now see it as inferiority thing.

Please, try to clean the filthy country up first as I don't see how this bring about development but pride!
Re: American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards by Ngwakwe: 6:15am On Feb 28, 2013
How can a sensible person accept singing Ogun State Anthem and oppose one and only United Eastern States Anthem (Biafran Anthem) after singing Nigerian Anthem

Why are you afraid of a peoples' identity?

Am sorry for those acclaimed academicians, next time you quote me, just make your damn point and move ahead.
Re: American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards by toluene12: 7:26am On Feb 28, 2013
I think we've all learnt a big lesson now - half knowledge is a disease and the worrisome part is that its highly infectious.
The treatment is for we nigerians to develop a healthy reading habit and to be highly observant- majority of the ignorant ogun state audience and their fans on nairaland actually partcipated in the nysc scheme.
@naptu- a man's explanation seems right until another comes and corrects him. Keep it up.
Re: American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 28, 2013
justokey: But that is against protocol. Nigeria's anthem should always be sung last when we play host. Check football events!
Help me tell the mumus. Some of these Nigerians can't even tell the difference between their both hands.
Re: American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards by ChineduElem: 9:46am On Feb 28, 2013
dem 4 SLAP dat stupid Organizer.
Re: American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards by ULSHERLAN(m): 4:48pm On Feb 28, 2013
Over sabi dey worry some of una. Will or have you ever heard about a case in the USA that our anthem is included whether first or last on their agenda. Some people have just been infected with this western flu and I think boko needs to eradicate people like you. This event is nothing serious to follow such protocol y'all clamouring for. I can't just imagine how some educated people think. Nawa for una weh talk say una go sch sef en

1 Like

Re: American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards by naptu2: 12:01pm On May 07, 2013
A related thread: Nigerian anthem played before South African anthem in Cape Town.

https://www.nairaland.com/1282098/nigerian-anthem-sang-before-south-africas
Re: American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards by ULSHERLAN(m): 3:27pm On May 07, 2013
naptu2: A related thread: Nigerian anthem played before South African anthem in Cape Town.

https://www.nairaland.com/1282098/nigerian-anthem-sang-before-south-africas
I can choose not to acknowledge the fact that clinton was once a president of the united states but I cant ignore that fact about jonathan cos he still is the president of Nigeria. Clinton wasn't holdnt any post whatsoever for such recognition if not for 'high service'. Anyways these are 2 different scenerio which can't be compared. Protocols duly observed
Re: American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 07, 2013
ULSHERLAN:
I can choose not to acknowledge the fact that clinton was once a president of the united states but I cant ignore that fact about jonathan cos he still is the president of Nigeria. Clinton wasn't holdnt any post whatsoever for such recognition if not for 'high service'. Anyways these are 2 different scenerio which can't be compared. Protocols duly observed
What an excuse with baseless insinuation. It is a guest as such a representation of a nation in that particular time. That means he has right as to any person in charge to be given equal respect and to his country.

There is no more difference than your framed objection.
Re: American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards by naptu2: 4:20pm On May 07, 2013
naptu2: It pains me very much that I don't have the video I'd like to show (President Azikiwe being honoured by Howard University circa 1992. Arise O' Compatriots was played before Star Spangled Banner), however you can search for The Last Night Of The Proms (2001). The conductor was an american and the event was held not long after September 11th. Both The Star Spangled Banner and God Save The Queen were played. There was no official US delegation, neither was there a president or head of state in attendance.

Note that God Save The Queen is always the last piece of music played at the Last Night of The Proms.
Re: American Anthem Announced Before Nigeria’s At THISDAY Awards by naptu2: 4:23pm On May 07, 2013
naptu2: Thisday did not breach protocol in anyway in Ogun State. The event was a private event, not a state event. They could have chosen to play the Star Spangled Banner and they couldn't have chosen not to. Whether Clinton is not representing the US is totally immaterial. However, protocol states that when the national anthem is being played in an event in which another anthem will be played (it could even be your school anthem), the national anthem must be played last, because it is the most important anthem.

There is nothing that prevents or makes it illegal for Thisday to play the american anthem at their event.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Another Attack Looms In Benue As Fulani Herdsmen Declare 80 Cows Missing, Finger / Nigeria will not seperate, People suing for Biafra should drop the idea - Buhari / Obanikoro Denies Joining APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.