Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos (12025 Views)

10,000 Traffic Cameras To Be Installed In Lagos. / Poor Quality Of Railway Gadgets Installed In The Eastern Nigeria: Photo / 2000 Cctvs Installed In Lagos, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 27, 2013
More Power Supply For Lagos: FG Installs Three Power Sub-stations In Lagos

The Federal Government, Wednesday, gave a boost to power supply in the country with the acquisition and installation of three units of 15 MVA (Megavolt Ampere) injection sub-stations in Lagos.

Speaking during the commissioning of the three new 15 MVA sub-stations and switch gears panel in Yaba, Orile-Coker and Kirikiri sub-stations in Lagos, Mr. James Olotu, Managing Director, Niger Delta Power Holding Company Limited, NDPHC, promoters of the National Independent Power projects, NIPP, said the project is part of the Federal Government’s transformation agenda, which places emphasis on improved power generation and supply among others.

Olotu said there are currently about 491 power projects across the country, while about 40 of the projects have been completed.
He however added that all the others yet to be completed have reached advanced stages of completion and would be completed before the end of the year.

He disclosed that the Federal Government set a target of June this year for the completion of all distribution projects, while all transmission projects and about 99 per cent of all generation projects are expected to be completed by the end of the year.

He said the federal government is set to begin an inspection of all the projects site across the country by March this year and warned that it might sanction contractors found to be delaying in the delivery of their project.

He said, “In March this year, the Vice President has announced he is sending outa crack team of project monitoring group to visit all the projects sites, so that actions can be taken on the spot if we find that the contractors are not meeting up with target given to them.

“While doing this, we are aware that it is also important that the delivery should be known to be actually effective and qualitative, not delivery that is fast and then as we move back and go away after commissioning, they say something has broken down. That is fraud. We want the contractors to deliver quality work.

“But the time for delay is over. No more delay again on this project. Every contractor has no excuse on why they should not deliver on their project.”

On the issue of supply of gas to the power stations, Olotu said all stakeholders in the power sector are working together to ensure that the challenges facing steady power supply, especially availability of gas, is dealt with.

Also speaking, Mr. Oladele Amoda, Chief Operating Officer, Eko Electricity Distribution Company said with the addition of the new 15 MVA 33KVA/11 KVA sub-stations each at New Yaba, Orile-Coker and Kirkiri sub-stations, the total capacity at Yaba has improved to 45 MVA, Orile-Coker has improved to 30 MVA 11 KVA while Kirikiri hasrisen to 30 MVA 33KVA.

He said the installation of the sub-stations and switchgears will help minimize load shedding and tackle the issue of epileptic power supply.

He said the new equipments are strategic, especially as they cater for the need of strategic areas of the state, areas.

He disclosed that the benefiting communities have started feeling the impact of the projects in terms of improved power supply.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/power-supply-fg-installs-three-power-sub-stations-in-lagos/

3 Likes

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The Federal Government, Wednesday, gave a boost to power supply in the country with the acquisition and installation of three units of 15 MVA (Megavolt Ampere) injection sub-stations in Lagos.

Speaking during the commissioning of the three new 15 MVA sub-stations and switch gears panel in Yaba, Orile-Coker and Kirikiri sub-stations in Lagos, Mr. James Olotu, Managing Director, Niger Delta Power Holding Company Limited, NDPHC, promoters of the National Independent Power projects, NIPP, said the project is part of the Federal Government’s transformation agenda, which places emphasis on improved power generation and supply among others.

Olotu said there are currently about 491 power projects across the country, while about 40 of the projects have been completed.
He however added that all the others yet to be completed have reached advanced stages of completion and would be completed before the end of the year.

He disclosed that the Federal Government set a target of June this year for the completion of all distribution projects, while all transmission projects and about 99 per cent of all generation projects are expected to be completed by the end of the year.

He said the federal government is set to begin an inspection of all the projects site across the country by March this year and warned that it might sanction contractors found to be delaying in the delivery of their project.

He said, “In March this year, the Vice President has announced he is sending outa crack team of project monitoring group to visit all the projects sites, so that actions can be taken on the spot if we find that the contractors are not meeting up with target given to them.

“While doing this, we are aware that it is also important that the delivery should be known to be actually effective and qualitative, not delivery that is fast and then as we move back and go away after commissioning, they say something has broken down. That is fraud. We want the contractors to deliver quality work.

“But the time for delay is over. No more delay again on this project. Every contractor has no excuse on why they should not deliver on their project.”

On the issue of supply of gas to the power stations, Olotu said all stakeholders in the power sector are working together to ensure that the challenges facing steady power supply, especially availability of gas, is dealt with.

Also speaking, Mr. Oladele Amoda, Chief Operating Officer, Eko Electricity Distribution Company said with the addition of the new 15 MVA 33KVA/11 KVA sub-stations each at New Yaba, Orile-Coker and Kirkiri sub-stations, the total capacity at Yaba has improved to 45 MVA, Orile-Coker has improved to 30 MVA 11 KVA while Kirikiri hasrisen to 30 MVA 33KVA.

He said the installation of the sub-stations and switchgears will help minimize load shedding and tackle the issue of epileptic power supply.

He said the new equipments are strategic, especially as they cater for the need of strategic areas of the state, areas.

He disclosed that the benefiting communities have started feeling the impact of the projects in terms of improved power supply.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/power-supply-fg-installs-three-power-sub-stations-in-lagos/
grin

Hello, Dr Effeanyi,this 40 laptop thingy is really keeping you busy these days cheesy but you deh enjoy your money sha.

Abeg.....What do you do to a guy who has just been electrocuted and is still attached to the source of electric shock?

A- Hit him on the head with a dry stick

B- Pour cold water on him

C- Pour warm milk on him

D- Give them mouth-to-mouth resuscitation(especially if na babe)

E-?

5 Likes

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
"Olotu said there are currently about 491 power projects across the country, while about 40 of the projects have been completed"

When the remaining 451 projects are completed, some fools will come here to remind us of how Pa Awolowo started those projects.

5 Likes

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by jmaine: 7:45pm On Feb 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: "Olotu said there are currently about 491 power projects across the country, while about 40 of the projects have been completed"

When the remaining 451 projects are completed, some fools will come here to remind us of [b]how Pa Awolowo started [/b]those projects.

I understand your grouse and align by it, but importing Pa Awolowo into is is over stretching it . . . .You wan turn this thread upside down be that . . .

3 Likes

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by manny4life(m): 7:45pm On Feb 27, 2013
The POWER Ministry 2013 budget looks promising, no doubt. I'm sure this year will usher in new beginnings now that Manitoba is finally taking over TCN.

2 Likes

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by otokx(m): 7:48pm On Feb 27, 2013
@sincere 9gerian today makes it 6 days of permanent darkness in University of Port Harcourt & its environs, we pay our bills regularly.
Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 27, 2013
otokx: @sincere 9gerian today makes it 6 days of permanent darkness in University of Port Harcourt & its environs, we pay our bills regularly.
I thought I advised your earlier to forward your complaints to PHCN office in your area?

Anyway, I heard a news report on NTA that one trailer fell several electric poles that transmits power to your area. It seems PHCN is already working on it

9 Likes

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by NeoXVI: 8:17pm On Feb 27, 2013
With 451 projects to be completed this year, looks like we are on the right track. I hope they fulfill that promise.

@sincerenigerian, pls what is the current installed generating capacity in Nigeria? Figures on the net are all over the place. And what is the projected capacity at the end of the year, with the current projects completed?
Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by HectorTroy: 9:18pm On Feb 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I thought I advised your earlier to forward your complaints to PHCN office in your area?

Anyway, I heard a news report on NTA that one trailer fell several electric poles that transmits power to your area. It seems PHCN is already working on it
Oga it seems you are a very hard worker. Your boss must be pleased with you. How do I get GEJ to recruit me for praise singing of mediocre projects? Where did you do the interview?

7 Likes

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

?

1 Like

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by braxjay(m): 10:23pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hmmm. Ok.

Well I've been deceived long enough. In naija I will only believe wen I c results. Shikina

2 Likes

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by EkoIle1: 10:25pm On Feb 27, 2013
Kamanda:
grin

Hello, Dr Effeanyi,this 40 laptop thingy is really keeping you busy these days cheesy but you deh enjoy your money sha.

Abeg.....What do you do to a guy who has just been electrocuted and is still attached to the source of electric shock?

C- Pour warm milk on him

E-?

lmao..
Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by ismhab(m): 10:27pm On Feb 27, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: "Olotu said there are currently about 491 power projects across the country, while about 40 of the projects have been completed"

When the remaining 451 projects are completed, some fools will come here to remind us of how Pa Awolowo started those projects.
DO U MEAN 491 OR 419 PROJECTS.

15 Likes

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by earthgreeners(m): 10:31pm On Feb 27, 2013
E be like say dem wan tell us wetin we never hear before!!

Enter Thread......
Noticed silly9gerian is the OP..
Quit thread immediately.......
Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by Maxymilliano(m): 10:36pm On Feb 27, 2013
Some folks are just incurable pessimist, nice effort from the government, what matters is how the various power project translate into improved standard of living for the average man...

Enough of the usual rhetoric.

4 Likes

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by NeoXVI: 10:38pm On Feb 27, 2013
Neo-XVI:
With 451 projects to be completed this year, looks like we are on the right track. I hope they fulfill that promise.

@sincerenigerian, pls what is the current installed generating capacity in Nigeria? Figures on the net are all over the place. And what is the projected capacity at the end of the year, with the current projects completed?
Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 27, 2013

You are looking for trouble
Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 27, 2013
The Discos and Gencos need to start working or be booted out. There is no time to pet anyone anymore. And APC should come kiss my ass for not praising PDP on this, but Tinubu is neck deep in power project purchases.

1 Like

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by earthgreeners(m): 10:45pm On Feb 27, 2013
Billyonaire: The Discos and Gencos need to start working or be booted out. There is no time to pet anyone anymore. APC all the way..Sai Buhari.

fixed.........

1 Like

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 27, 2013
earthgreeners:

fixed.........
You are digusting to like a semi-illiterate military coup plotter who overtook a legitimate civilian government of Shagari, I guess you were not born then.

7 Likes

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by manny4life(m): 10:53pm On Feb 27, 2013
No matter how anyone choose to twist and turn, we're gradually getting there... Bulk trader is coming online this year right? By the time 2015 gets here, GEJ will be sure to receive another vote.

4 Likes

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by Regiblinkz(m): 10:55pm On Feb 27, 2013
Kamanda:
grin

C- Pour warm milk on him

E-?
A..lol
Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by Scarpon(m): 10:56pm On Feb 27, 2013
GEJ FOR 2015

1 Like

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by talktimi(m): 11:12pm On Feb 27, 2013
I saw this news in todays Vanguard newspaper. E good sha but some people will never be happy.
By the way, how about Tinubu's ENRON project, is that how the case died out after payments had been made abi something else happened ?

1 Like

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by talktimi(m): 11:12pm On Feb 27, 2013
I saw this news in todays Vanguard newspaper. E good sha but some people will never be happy.
By the way, how about Tinubu's ENRON project, is that how the case died out after payments had been made abi something else happened ? Just asking sha

1 Like

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by executinal(m): 11:15pm On Feb 27, 2013
@Op why are calling Fashola project FG project?? careful before 20 IPAD got to hear this, else this place will not contain you and them

1 Like

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by OluEmmaAss: 11:16pm On Feb 27, 2013
manny4life: By the time 2015 gets here, GEJ will be sure to receive another vote.
Seems like you are a paid promoter of GEJ.
Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by taharqa: 11:21pm On Feb 27, 2013
Very GOOD in deed. I am very sensitive to work done in the Power Sector, as well as the Privatization going on there.

As many of these projects gets to the completion stage, hope the required efficiency would have permeated to the System through the take over of the Power Units by their Private owners.

Good work again.

1 Like

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by jmaine: 11:22pm On Feb 27, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:

And you a paid antagonist of GEJ init . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by manny4life(m): 11:22pm On Feb 27, 2013
talktimi: I saw this news in todays Vanguard newspaper. E good sha but some people will never be happy.
By the way, how about Tinubu's ENRON project, is that how the case died out after payments had been made abi something else happened ? Just asking sha

How do you expect them to be happy? If all power players take over - Manitoba takes over TCN, Discos and Gencos are on the go, bulk trader is online, anyone can generate and sell via bulk trader, the prospective result is competition. Since a reputable company like Manitoba will be handling Transmission and Distribution infrastructures, Gencos can focus on what they do best while Discos focus on what they do best.

All the IPP power plants that are coming online this year alone, imagine from the good governance tours, three plants with installed capacity of more than 1000mw is coming online, Geometrics isn't included o, tell me why Nigeria won't kick start immediately.

3 Likes

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by manny4life(m): 11:26pm On Feb 27, 2013
Olu-Emma & Ass.:

Did you say am I paif promoter of GEJ? Bros, I've ALWAYS stated this numerous times, GEJ has his failures but sometimes we got to give him credit for what he deserve. If speaking the truth makes me a paid promoter, no problem, I would put on my t-shirt, with my name tag on and my ball cap and promote very well.

If MAKU did not give us tour, whether FG or not, would you have know three plants in different regions were coming up? These are the ones we're aware of, without this news, will you have known that FG is doing it's best to transform the system? Abeg, let's leave all this double mouth like a GOV is very well known off.

4 Likes

Re: Three Power Sub-stations Installed In Lagos by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 27, 2013
Billyonaire: You are digusting to like a semi-illiterate military coup plotter who overtook a legitimate civilian government of Shagari, I guess you were not born then.

Mr billy, are you back from your forced nAiraland vacation?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo Of Kwakwanso Crying Before Newsmen After He Lost To Atiku / Toney Isenah ‘Resigns’ As Bayelsa Speaker After Rejecting ‘Impeachment’ / Crusoe Osagie: Oshiomhole Desperate To Revive His Drowning Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.