Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,855 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage (53607 Views)

What does It Take To Make Frontpage / Poor Representation Of The Literature Section On The Frontpage. / Please Suggest Topics To Write In My Article Collection,thank You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Go Down)

Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Cuddlemii: 5:21am On Feb 28, 2013
Hello Everyone,

It has come to our attention that the literature section is not fully represented on the FrontPage.
Therefore, I have decided to create this thread, to ensure a long-lasting solution.

This thread would serve as an endorsement thread for topics(.i.e. FrontPage Recommendations).
The reason for using the word, "endorsement" rather than recommendation is to show the level of commitment.
We are not just selecting topics for the sake of it, but putting our signatures on them (.i.e. contract / testimonial)
Writers should set themselves apart from other posters. Much is expected!

RULES & STANDARDS

1) A Topic can be recommended by anyone apart from the writer itself.
The reason being that, writers would focus only/more on their own write-ups.
**We need to help, nurture & evaluate each other**

2) Topics must be worthy of the FrontPage:
The topic must be a reflection of the section.
Think of the topic as the section's brand.
To be candid, not all threads have quality write-ups.
Some need extensive work, some need little adjustments here and there.
**Proper spacing, paragraphing, punctuations, etcetera**

3) Topics must be selected from all Literature Genres:
Genres like Poems, Novels, Drama, Short stories, Fiction, Prose, Humor, Biography, etcetera must all be given a fair chance.
**Stories should not make the FrontPage all time. We should market, encourage and motivate all our writers alike**

4) Each day, I would select the first recommended topic from the pool of topics endorsed and submit it for the FrontPage.
You have until 8am in the morning to endorse a thread.
In the case where the first topic is not worthy, the second or third topic would be chosen.
**Please, review the threads thoroughly before recommending them**

5) The moderator & Super moderator(s) have the right to disregard topics that do not meet the standard
or do not conform with the rules and regulations of the forum.

**Sometimes, topics might not be included on the FrontPage.
Due to circumstances, interruption, disruption, eruption & uncertainties grin.
It's not automatic, it's not rocket science, it's a process!
The recommendation from the literature section might not get in on time. Just be patient!**

5 Likes

Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Emyo(m): 5:52am On Feb 28, 2013
Hmmm, I pray it works as planned.
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Cuddlemii: 6:00am On Feb 28, 2013
Emyo: Hmmm, I pray it works as planned.

Lol, why don't you try it out?
You can be the first endorser.
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Emyo(m): 6:14am On Feb 28, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Lol, why don't you try it out?
You can be the first endorser.
i will when i find one to.
have seen you trying to let writers know their difference with posters.

this a nice idea, if not abused later.
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Mobsync(m): 7:11am On Feb 28, 2013
First of all, it should be noted that I am the first "endorser" on this threadsmileywinksmileywink and I endorse Foxy Rebirth's the fart story, who mess?
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Emyo(m): 7:18am On Feb 28, 2013
Mobsync: First of all, it should be noted that I am the first "endorser" on this threadsmileywinksmileywink and I endorse Foxy Rebirth's the fart story, who mess?
I coment my observation.
have you critic her worl?
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by vallycan: 7:54am On Feb 28, 2013
Dis is a nice idea let's hopefully sees aw it works
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:30am On Feb 28, 2013
Noted madam Cuddles...its later for me to endorse a thread right? cheesy
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by firestar(f): 9:47am On Feb 28, 2013
Alright then:

Poems: Post Poems that tells a story.

Diaries: Sexkillz's Mynd's 'In my Opinion, uj_sizzle's 'Living among the Yorubas'...
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:01am On Feb 28, 2013
firestar: Alright then:

Poems: Post Poems that tells a story.

Diaries: Sexkillz's Mynd's 'In my Opinion, uj_sizzle's 'Living among the Yorubas'...

no offense but Diaries are not a part of literature section unless they are moved down here
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Mynd44: 10:01am On Feb 28, 2013
Erm.......Babe how will they put my diary on front page na? I no go gree ooo

1 Like

Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:02am On Feb 28, 2013
Mynd_44: Erm.......Babe how will they put my diary on front page na? I no go gree ooo
seconded
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by EzePromoe: 10:21am On Feb 28, 2013
Nice thread.
I don't know whether my debut meets the standard undecided
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Cuddlemii: 10:26am On Feb 28, 2013
Mobsync: First of all, it should be noted that I am the first "endorser" on this threadsmileywinksmileywink and I endorse Foxy Rebirth's the fart story, who mess?

wink winkYou are one classy broda. Thanks for using the word, "endorse".
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Cuddlemii: 10:31am On Feb 28, 2013
Eze Promoe: Nice thread.
I don't know whether my debut meets the standard undecided

If it does, someone else would endorse it.

HumbledbYGrace: Noted madam Cuddles...its later for me to endorse a thread right? cheesy

Yes.

Btw, congratulations on making the FrontPage.
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:36am On Feb 28, 2013
@ Cuddles thank you! Iam organising a Nobel award for you cheesy
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Uniquexty(f): 10:51am On Feb 28, 2013
Ekaette!!! Written by my favourite sebn.... The author of 'the day Jonah became a fish'
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by FoxyUltimate(m): 10:58am On Feb 28, 2013
Can "The Fart Story.... Who mess??" grace the front page...

Lest I forget, it was written by FOXY_REBIRTH

Thanks
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Cuddlemii: 11:02am On Feb 28, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate: Can "The Fart Story.... Who mess??" grace the front page...

Lest I forget, it was written by FOXY_REBIRTH

Thanks

Someone endorsed you already, Honey.

Writers are not allowed to endorse themselves.
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by FoxyUltimate(m): 11:03am On Feb 28, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Someone endorsed you already, Honey.

Writers are not allowed to endorse themselves.

Sowie... My bad grin grin grin
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by LarrySun(m): 12:03pm On Feb 28, 2013
I endorse Ekaitte!!! and Iyawo Nylon Bag They'll be wonderful works to come out of Literature/Writing Section.
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by FoxyUltimate(m): 12:05pm On Feb 28, 2013
Larry-Sun:
I endorse Ekaitte!!! It'll be a wonderful work to come out of Literature/Writing.

Seconded
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Cuddlemii: 12:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
grin Simple rule - all endorsements should be done by 8am.

I can extend the timeframe to about 9am or 10am but if they are not included on time, don't blame me embarassed.
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by LarrySun(m): 12:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
Cuddlemii: grin Simple rule - all endorsements should be done by 8am.

I can extend the timeframe to about 9am or 10am but if they are not included on time, don't blame me embarassed.
Noted.
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Cuddlemii: 12:33pm On Feb 28, 2013
Larry-Sun:

Noted.

Thank you wink
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Cuddlemii: 4:12am On Mar 01, 2013
Uniquexty: Ekaette!!! Written by my favourite sebn.... The author of 'the day Jonah became a fish'

I recommended Ekaette because Foxy's thread was filled with gigantic & magnificent fonts. It almost affected my eye sight.

@Foxy: please, you and your friends should edit or take down those fonts. I will recommend your topic next. Thanks
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Emyo(m): 7:00am On Mar 01, 2013
Cuddlemii:

I recommended Ekaette because Foxy's thread was filled with gigantic & magnificent fonts. It almost affected my eye sight.

@Foxy: please, you and your friends should edit or take down those fonts. I will recommend your topic next. Thanks
recommend? wtf happend to endose?
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:10am On Mar 01, 2013
Emyo:
We endorse the moderators recommend grin
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by FoxyUltimate(m): 8:49am On Mar 01, 2013
Cuddlemii:

How about if I copy and paste the story with this moniker because that one is still under detention, truth be told, I don't know where those guys that derailed that topic are right now....
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Cuddlemii: 9:43am On Mar 01, 2013
Emyo:

HumbledbYGrace: We endorse the moderators recommend grin

Lol! wink
Re: Endorse Topics To Make The Frontpage by Cuddlemii: 9:49am On Mar 01, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate:

How about if I copy and paste the story with this moniker because that one is still under detention, truth be told, I don't know where those guys that derailed that topic are right now....
Never mind, I will edit it. I just wanted you to be responsible.

So that, you wont paste pictures or huge fonts on your thread or any other thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33)

The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year / The Lover Next Door II / Two Can Play The Game - A Competition To Test Your IQ (Be A Critical Thinker)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.