Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Christians, Do You Agree With This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Do You Agree With This? (4048 Views)

I Have Decided To Help The Christians Do Some Concret Research / 5 Things Christians Do Now And Don't Consider It Sin Anymore. / Christians- Do You Follow Your Pastors Teachings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 28, 2013
Do you agree with this analysis of atheism?

Enigma:

1. If you read proper philosophers, including atheist philosophers that are honest to some extent, you will know that immorality is a natural and logical corrolary of atheism.

2. The example of the atheists on this forum tells us that immorality and lack of morals go together with atheism.

smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/1198534/cowardice-atheism/10#14364222
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 9:40am On Feb 28, 2013
Most certainly.
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Enigma(m): 9:40am On Feb 28, 2013
Hmmm smiley

Anyone who is sound logically, philosophically and who is honest with it will tell you that nothing, absolutely NOTHING is immoral if you hold to atheism.

I will start with a little example. From here https://www.nairaland.com/990487/morality-possible-without-authoritative-source/3#11440394

Enigma:

Kay 17:
I didn't say cannibalism is universally immoral, but that its unpleasant to admit it.

Oh sorry then; so you admit also that cannibalism can be moral? Then I have no problem with your atheism stance then and the issue of compatibility. smiley

. . . .

By the way, even the evangelical atheists' Daddy G.O. aka Richard Dawkins has admitted something to the same effect in the past. wink

smiley
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 28, 2013
This is good. I hope we get more christian input smiley
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Enigma(m): 9:49am On Feb 28, 2013
By the way, I can't believe this!!!!

I got the spelling of 'corollary' wrong in that old post! shocked

smiley
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 28, 2013
^^^ hehehehehe
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 28, 2013
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 28, 2013
^^^ There's a difference? grin

Seriously, man, all you need to do is show how the two are mutually exclusive and we'll consider taking your imaginary poll seriously. smiley
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 28, 2013
Ihedinobi: ^^^ There's a difference? grin

Seriously, man, all you need to do is show how the two are mutually exclusive and we'll consider taking your imaginary poll seriously. smiley

Are you ashamed that some of your theists were ready to be pedophiles before being atheists?

Or are you saying that there is no difference between a pedophile and an atheist? Anyway, you have already agreed that immorality is the way of an atheist.
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Are you ashamed that some of your theists were ready to be pedophiles before being atheists?

Or are you saying that there is no difference between a pedophile and an atheist? Anyway, you have already agreed that immorality is the way of an atheist.

Is it possible to be both an atheist and a paedophile?
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 28, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Is it possible to be both an atheist and a paedophile?

Wrong and irrelevant strawman.

The poll asks which of the two to pick.
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wrong and irrelevant strawman.

The poll asks which of the two to pick.

If I asked you to choose between strawberry and an ice cream flavor or between an apple and a fruit, which would you pick?
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by truthislight: 3:52pm On Feb 28, 2013
I will first say that i fully agree with what Psalm says about the notion that "there is No God".

That said.

One really needs to define what he meant by "immorality" in issues like the op.

I can still remember a lecturer defining "immorality" as being fraudulent in business.

The bible bend may go further to align it to sexual perversion.

Is the op saying an atheist most be both?

(It is very tempting to draw such conclusion i must say)

meanwhile, i have come across an experience where a man had both parent as lecturers that have no time for religion but ensured that their son was focus in his academic studies.

The young man red micro biology and ofcouse the theory of evolution and accepted it as the norm all the while, and prouding himself as an atheist while not being frodulent in his business.

Going by that, it is not really a straight and an absolute statement to arrive at the op.

Again, this is his own personal opinion, every man is entitle to his own personal opinion.

Even on this forum, atheist have criticised certain aspect that even religious people have gotten em wrong.

The bend that i know is peculiar with the atheist is the s.exual aspect, but then, i cannot make an absolute statement on "all" atheist.

So, his opinion i think.

Every man have an inbuilt conscience.

Some people turned atheist at mid life after ensuring he lives by morals on sex, but got disilusion due to religious HYPOCRISES and deceit. (like the scandals we have at hand with RCC).

Such people may turn atheist without going about shattering their family life by engaging in extra marital affair as though their loving spouse is the problem.

That been said, as a parkage/group, the atheist loses a very big incentive toward being upright in life.

Not saying all theist are upright.

However, the fear of God/love of God is a very big positive towards that end.
Peace
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by truthislight: 3:56pm On Feb 28, 2013
^
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 28, 2013
truthislight: I will first say that i fully agree with what Psalm says about the notion that "there is No God".

That said.

One really needs to define what he meant by "immorality" in issues like the op.

I can still remember a lecturer defining "immorality" as being fraudulent in business.

The bible bend may go further to align it to sexual perversion.

Is the op saying an atheist most be both?

(It is very tempting to draw such conclusion i must say)

meanwhile, i have come across an experience where a man had both parent as lecturers that have no time for religion but ensured that their son was focus in his academic studies.

The young man red micro biology and ofcouse the theory of evolution and accepted it as the norm all the while, and prouding himself as an atheist while not being frodulent in his business.

Going by that, it is not really a straight and an absolute statement to arrive at the op.

Again, this is his own personal opinion, every man is entitle to his own personal opinion.

Even on this forum, atheist have criticised certain aspect that even religious people have gotten em wrong.

The bend that i know is peculiar with the atheist is the s.exual aspect, but then, i cannot make an absolute statement on "all" atheist.

So, his opinion i think.

Every man have an inbuilt conscience.

Some people turned atheist at mid life after ensuring he lives by morals on sex, but got disilusion due to religious HYPOCRISES and deceit. (like the scandals we have at hand with RCC).

Such people may turn atheist without going about shattering their family life by engaging in extra marital affair as though their loving spouse is the problem.

[size=18pt]That been said, as a parkage/group, the atheist loses a very big incentive toward being upright in life.[/size]

Not saying all theist are upright.

However, the fear of God/love of God is a very big positive towards that end.
Peace

Have you looked at Japan, Denmark and Sweden compared to any religious country? If atheists as individuals can be upright, why then will you make the assumption that as a group they lose an incentive to be upright? They are already upright without incentive smiley
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 28, 2013
Ihedinobi:

If I asked you to choose between strawberry and an ice cream flavor or between an apple and a fruit, which would you pick?

apple and fruit?

Are you saying that pedophilia is a part of atheism?
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

apple and fruit?

Are you saying that pedophilia is a part of atheism?

Are you saying that atheists are never paedophiles?
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 28, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Are you saying that atheists are never paedophiles?

That is an irrelevant question. It would be like asking; are you saying that christians are never pedophiles?

Now answer my question
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 28, 2013
Dude, it was your question that I turned around to you. I did not submit a poll asking people to choose between Christianity and paedophilia, you submitted one describing a choice between paedophilia and atheism. The onus is on you to show that it was a real choice not a sham and you're skipping around crying, blue murder instead of making your poll real.
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
Ihedinobi: Dude, it was your question that I turned around to you. I did not submit a poll asking people to choose between Christianity and paedophilia, you submitted one describing a choice between paedophilia and atheism. The onus is on you to show that it was a real choice not a sham and you're skipping around crying, blue murder instead of making your poll real.

You are so silly. A poll asked people what would you choose "pedophilia or atheism". Two different things. People made their choice.
You are now trying some silly Anonyism to say that the poll is a sham?

Is there anything to argue here? Seriously? What are you arguing? That there is no choice or what? That if it was christianity vs pedophilia, it wouldnt be a choice? You trolling?
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

You are so silly. A poll asked people what would you choose "pedophilia or atheism". Two different things. People made their choice.
You are now trying some silly Anonyism to say that the poll is a sham?

Is there anything to argue here? Seriously? What are you arguing? That there is no choice or what? That if it was christianity vs pedophilia, it wouldnt be a choice? You trolling?

I did say you're dumb. Even if I spelt it out again letter by alphabetic letter you would still not comprehend.

I asked you to show that choosing atheism preventa someone from choosing paedophilia as well, or thay choosing paedophilia prevents the chooser from also choosing atheism. A poll is meaningless if the choices are not mutually exclusive. How dumb can you be!
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Enigma(m): 5:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
^^^ I've been chuckling at all this talk of polls because I was immediately reminded of the type of "poll" propounded by the immortal 'Sir Humphrey' in The Ministerial Broadcast.

smiley
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 28, 2013
Ihedinobi:

I did say you're dumb. Even if I spelt it out again letter by alphabetic letter you would still not comprehend.

I asked you to show that choosing atheism preventa someone from choosing paedophilia as well, or thay choosing paedophilia prevents the chooser from also choosing atheism. [size=18pt]A poll is meaningless if the choices are not mutually exclusive. How dumb can you be![/size]

Can everybody see the fool? The nonsense that you type sometimes.........

So people that conduct polls between choosing an Iphone and blackberry? Those are not polls because people can buy both abi?

So, people that conduct polls between choosing an PS3 and Xbox360? Those are not polls because people can buy both?

You are really silly. Same goes for your garbage supporter called Enigma
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

Can everybody see the fool? The nonsense that you type sometimes.........

So people that conduct polls between choosing an Iphone and blackberry? Those are not polls because people can buy both abi?

So, people that conduct polls between choosing an PS3 and Xbox360? Those are not polls because people can buy both?

You are really silly. Same goes for your garbage supporter called Enigma

You're quite adept at unveiling your dullness, my friend. There is a concept in economics (and you claim to be a business graduate) which is called opportunity cost. It holds that because resources are limited and wants are infinite in comparison, there is always a want or choice sacrificed when these limited resources are spent on another want. Those polls you mentioned are based on that principle.

If I had enough money to buy only one out of two, which would I choose? Now, that's the whole idea behind the poll. Mutual exclusivity still holds.

Captain of Dundee United. undecided

1 Like

Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Feb 28, 2013
Ihedinobi:

You're quite adept at unveiling your dullness, my friend. There is a concept in economics (and you claim to be a business graduate) which is called opportunity cost. It holds that because resources are limited and wants are infinite in comparison, there is always a want or choice sacrificed when these limited resources are spent on another want. Those polls you mentioned are based on that principle.

If I had enough money to buy only one out of two, which would I choose? Now, that's the whole idea behind the poll. Mutual exclusivity still holds.

Captain of Dundee United. undecided

I know what opportunity cost is. Opportunity cost has nothing to do with this poll. Big words wont save you. The very fact that you mentioned opportunity cost shows how foolish you are. The poll is hypothetical, you lose nothing by making a choice here and as such, there is no opportunity cost. You are choosing which you prefer. It is not a poll measuring sales but preference. If I choose an Xbox360 on the poll but I am given a PS3 for free, is there an opportunity cost?

The fact remains that you made a foolish claim for all to see.

Here is the foolish claim;

Ihedinobi:

I asked you to show that choosing atheism preventa someone from choosing paedophilia as well, or thay choosing paedophilia prevents the chooser from also choosing atheism. A poll is meaningless if the choices are not mutually exclusive. How dumb can you be!
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

I know what opportunity cost is. Opportunity cost has nothing to do with this poll. Big words wont save you. The very fact that you mentioned opportunity cost shows how foolish you are. The poll is hypothetical, you lose nothing by making a choice here and as such, there is no opportunity cost. You are choosing which you prefer. It is not a poll measuring sales but preference. If I choose an Xbox360 on the poll but I am given a PS3 for free, is there an opportunity cost?

The fact remains that you made a foolish claim for all to see.

Here is the foolish claim;

And what does preference mean, Captain Dundee?
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 28, 2013
Ihedinobi:

And what does preference mean, Captain Dundee?

empty barrel is empty. grin

So the definition of preference will make your argument correct? lmao grin

Yo ave nothing
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 28, 2013
Logicboy03:

empty barrel is empty. grin

So the definition of preference will make your argument correct? lmao grin

Yo ave nothing

Well, the word implies elimination. I can't prefer atheism to paedophilia if atheism still allows me to have paedophilia nor can I prefer paedophilia if it does not cost me atheism. That is, in that sham of a poll you're trying to scam us with.

Captain Dundee.
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Well, the word implies elimination. I can't prefer atheism to paedophilia if atheism still allows me to have paedophilia nor can I prefer paedophilia if it does not cost me atheism. That is, in that sham of a poll you're trying to scam us with.

Captain Dundee.

I prefer an Iphone to a blackberry but I have both because I like both and have enough resources to buy both. Preference does not mean elimination.

You are foolish. Stop using big words you dont understand.

Atheism allows pedophilia? Have you looked at the cases of pedophilia in christianity before you made that statement? Are you trolling?
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by victorNRceo: 8:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by victorNRceo: 8:33pm On Feb 28, 2013
@logical,ihedinobi can't make a preference because he bilivs pedophilia is a part of the whole lawless atheism. It's like asking a person who bilivs gaming is evil to pick btwin playin' ps3 & playin' live football.
@Ihedinobi,I think logicboy meant the character cases of most atheist(which they are rare immoral cases attributed to the affiliates(atheist)). Though pedophilia could be no sin with an atheist,only because atheism isn't yet a religion with a specific book of rules,notwithstanding this freedom of deeds atheists are rare affiliated to pedophilia reports. Any wayz,let's argue on the actual topic.
Re: Christians, Do You Agree With This? by victorNRceo: 8:46pm On Feb 28, 2013
Where is @muskeeto and @ooman,I'm missin' dis folks. «Come online plz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi Does Not Recognize 'prophetess' Who Visited Heaven, Hell And Came / Is There Any Spirituality Associated With First Rain Of The Year? / A Cool Yoruba Hymn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.