Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,292 members, 7,780,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:30 PM

Despite All Odds - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Despite All Odds (127292 Views)

Despite All Odds - (An Interesting Story) / AGAINST ALL ODDS By Akpem Terese Shadrach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 11:10am On Feb 28, 2013
::::::::::::
Mr Williams Brown; exhaled slowly as he relaxed into a sofa, he smiled at his wife-Barbra before turning his attention to his children. His children were his source of joy, what more can a fulfilled man like him ask for?

Kemi-28yrs was married and living in a different state.
Dapo- 25yrs was preparing to go for his NYSC
Cassandra-22yrs was in her first year in the state university.
Sasha-17yrs was in her final year in secondary school.
Kola-14 yrs was in secondary school too.

He smiled absent mindedly, he was a fulfilled man.
"Honey, what are you smiling at?" Barbra queried.

"At your beautiful face" williams said winking at her,

"Dad, mom, can you please lower your voices." Kola quipped his eyes glued to the huge TV.

"Why?" Williams laughed

"this movie is very interesting and...and...your voice is distracting us." cassandra replied with her eyes fixed to the TV too.

"Oh yeah! End of season 1, Kola please slot in the next season." Dapo said excitedly as the movie stopped playing.

"what the name of the movie?" Barbra asked him

"Merlin" Dapo replied in a deep voice to the amusement of his siblings.

"Where's Sasha?" Williams directed the question to no one in particular.

"In the room" Cassandra replied.

"Why? Why isn't she watching the movie with you?" He queried.

The children exchanged glances before chorusing...
"She said she can't watch devilish movies."

"Devilish movies?" he echoed.

"yes dad" Cassandra laughed before adding.
"I wonder which one is devilish between the chinese movies she watches and Merlin."

"that girl is just an..."Dapo cut his remark short when he saw Sasha walking into the livng room.

The room fell silent as everybody fixed their gaze to the Tv. Williams laughed quitely, was it that they were all scared of her or what?

"Hi chacha..."Kola smiled at her.

"hi pukeface" Sasha replied curling up in a sofa

"stop calling me pukeface!" Kola pouted his lips

"stop calling me chacha." she replied shuffling through the pages of a novel.

Dapo made some signs to Kola to keep him shut, they all weren't ready for Sasha's trouble.

Williams watched his daughter as she peered at the novel she was holding, she was just a different specie in the family, no wonder Barbra calls her an 'oddball'. She've got wierd behaviours.
Sometimes he is forced to believe she is possessed, the way she does things; the dreadlocks on her head is even worsening the situation.

She looked up momentarily, their eyes locked for a while, he smiled at her, she didn't smile, she just peered into her novel some more.

"Oh my God....Authur is so funny!" Kola laughed out loud.

"and what's so funny, that you can't keep it to your self? Do you have to cackle this loud?" Sasha queried.

Cassandra pressed pause on the remote control, before turning to face her sister
"He wasn't laughing with your mouth oddball" she snapped.

"You need not remind me -big mouth!" Sasha sat up.

"now that enough! Sasha apologise to Cassie, you should never insult someone older than you." Dapo said authoratively.

"Who made you the judge? You had better pray for your name to be enlisted amongst the next NYSC batch, Mr Cheapskate!" Sasha relied making a face.

"Sasha!" Barbra reprimanded her daughter.

"Oh please mom! Spare that! You all heard Cassie when she called me an Oddball." she rose to her feet.

"Well that's what you are," Cassandra quipped.

"Being an oddball is a talent you would never have! Rubbish!" Sasha shot at her before stamping out of the room.

Barbra rubbed her forehead, she suddenly felt a pang of headache, she groaned softly as she snuggled into a sofa.

Cassandra hissed angrily, what was wrong with her sister anyway? She thought.
Irritated she unpluged the Tv from the socket. Dapo stood up and quitely walked into his room with Kola following suit.

Williams shuddered, the atmosphere was tensed. He wasn't a fulfilled man after all. His family wasn't at peace.

3 Likes

Re: Despite All Odds by Bwaal(m): 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2013
Datz mai bukkydan 1st to comment kip it up swit@ want more
Re: Despite All Odds by FoxyUltimate(m): 1:17pm On Feb 28, 2013
Following
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 2:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
Hy Bwaal...I see ya.

::::::::.::
Sasha yawned loudly as she knotted her tie. Monday mornings were always her best, she preferred weekdays to weekends; maybe its because she sits at home doing nothing during weekends.

She applied some olive-oil to her long;jet-black dreadlocks, she stood to examine herself before her mirror. Good to go she thought as she searched her locker for a rubberband, she needed to tie her locks into a ponytail else it'll keep falling to cover her face.

"Morning Sassy-Locks!" Kola bounced into the room, he was dressed for school too.

"thank God you're here, help me tie it into a ponytail." Sasha handed over the band to him

"Beautiful" He laughed
"Mum said you should come to the dinning." he added

"breakfast ready? Wow! Bring my bag along." Sasha said excitedly as she ran out of the room..

Kola watched her leave. His sister can be nice if she choose to be. He wondered why she always turned into a Tigress during weekends.
"She is a mystery." he shook his head meditatively.

"Morning mum, morning dad.." Sasha chirped as she walked into the dinning room.
"Hy cassie, morning brother Dapo." she hugged her brother and sister.

"You seem to be in a good mood, this morning." Barbra said biting into her bread

"yeah! Its monday!" she smiled slipping into a chair beside her father.

"Whats so special about mondays?" Kola asked pulling out a chair.

"my secret!" Sasha smirked.

"let me see.....errm...you weren't born on a monday..so?" Dapo sipped his coffee.

"so...so...so...eat your food quitely." SaSha pushed a plate of chips towards him.

"holla Kola, lets get going, bye everybody.." Sasha squeaked as she collected her pocket money from her father..

:::::::::::
"Sassy-locks! Sassy lockie-lockie! I hail thee!" Kenny sang as his bestfriend/cousin-Sasha walked into the class room

"Kenny noni! I see you jare!" she saluted him.

"How far nah?" she said as she hugged him.

"how are your parents?" Kenny asked as she squeezed into the desk they both shared.

"Fine and you?"

"Fine too, I and Dapo spoke yesternight on phone" Kenny added.

"Okay..." she whispered as she wiped some dust off the desk.

"Good morning class!" A fair lady in NYSC uniform walked into the class.

"Good morning ma!" the whole class chorused.

"This is S.S.3 right?" she asked

"Yes ma!" they chorused again.

"Okay...my name is Chinyere Akosa" she scribbled her name on the board
"I'll be taking you Biology, now let's start by you telling me your names." she motioned a boy

"My name is Naetochukwu Clement, I'm the time keeper" the boy said.

"Good, next..." Chinyere continued.

On and on the introduction continued till it got to the back seat.
"My name is Kenny Jide, I'm the head boy."

"Next.."

"My name is Sasha Williams, you can call me Sassy-locks. I'm the health prefect". Sasha said with grin.

"Sasha? Wow! I've heard alot about you." Chinyere couldn't hide her suprise.

"Really? Hope you heard the good part" Sasha winked.

Chinyere shuddered a little, she had heard about Sasha's wierd behaviours from other teachers, she just prayed she won't be a victim to Sasha's tactics.

"you know your mock exams are just few weeks away, so we're going to start revising some topics you don't inderstand clearly." Chinyere explained.
"So lets have suggestions..."

"I aunty" were the words that filled the air.
Majority of the class suggested Reproduction as a topic.

"So what don't you understand about reproduction?" she asked.

Sasha cleared her throat, Chinyere's heart missed a beat.
"Personally, I don't understand the sexual reproduction in humans." Sasha said with a smirk.

"Okay, then, lets start from the beginning, that's the asexual reproduction" Chinyere said opening her books.

"No need for that ma." Kenny stood up.
"We all understand all those ones, we even understand sexual reproduction in plants, its just the one in humans that we don't understand." Kenny explained before sitting down.

"Yes" The class chorused in support.

"You see..aunty, what we don't understand is how the thing happens, like how the sperms gets to meet the eggs..." Sasha added.

"Yes ma! And how the sperms came into existence, how are they produced, and how can they get out and meet the eggs." Kenny added further.

Chinyere couldn't help but blush all over.
"Aunty, you are blushing?" Sasha sniggered.

"See you in the next class" Chinyere said as she hurriedly packed her books.

"Aunty, are you running away?" Kenny sneered.

"Aunty come back nah! Aunty come nah!" the class called after her as she left in a hurry.

"No she shouldn't run away, she should come and teach us Biology! Rubbish!" Sasha hissed, amidst the uproar of laughter.

Ever since their set came into the school, no teacher ever taught them in peace, they are known as 'danger zone' with Sasha and Kenny as their Empress and Emperor respectively.

2 Likes

Re: Despite All Odds by IZUKWU(m): 2:45pm On Feb 28, 2013
Bukky, am following you like twitter. Ride on.
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 28, 2013
My lovely bukky has start am following you lyk wen cock is following hen.
Re: Despite All Odds by bigsholly(f): 3:43pm On Feb 28, 2013
I see ya, dnt worry am @ ur back following

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
Hi Bukky, I've been following your stories. I swear down, you're good.

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by Hadesparks(f): 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2013
Bukky am here 4 u o....
Re: Despite All Odds by oyestephen(m): 8:47pm On Feb 28, 2013
Fantastic as usual...abi isn't it bukkydan
Sis...very impressive start....
Re: Despite All Odds by Splendblex(f): 8:22pm On Mar 01, 2013
Bukky is here again!cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Despite All Odds by Ollyfad(f): 2:14am On Mar 02, 2013
hmmm dis sasha gal is sumtyn else.luv ur wrks kip it rollin
Re: Despite All Odds by bigsholly(f): 12:29pm On Mar 02, 2013
@ bukkydan op no say u don 4get dis trend
ooo cos me dey look for update since bt
Never saw one. Abed update asap
Re: Despite All Odds by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2013
Bukky don forget us 4 here o.
Re: Despite All Odds by buskeske: 8:28am On Mar 03, 2013
Thank God Bukky don start another story
Re: Despite All Odds by CaptCindie(f): 12:00pm On Mar 05, 2013
Gooooooooo onnnnnnnnn
Re: Despite All Odds by Bluediamond1(f): 8:37pm On Mar 05, 2013
Ahn ahn!!!kilo de?i cnt wait o.
Grt piece bt dnt take long abeg.
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 7:21pm On Mar 06, 2013
I'm sooo sorry my sweerie pies for for not updating all this while, different unexplainable things happened to my phone, but i'm still sowi o
Re: Despite All Odds by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
BukkyDan: I'm sooo sorry my sweerie pies for for not updating all this while, different unexplainable things happened to my phone, but i'm still sowi o
# the witches from my village are responsible#
story of my life, throw that phone into the ditches
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 10:06pm On Mar 06, 2013
::::::::::::::
Barbra stole glances at her daughter from below the fashion magazine she was reading. She wasn't interested in magazine, she just had to read it cos of boredom. Being alone with Sasha at home was an experience she feared, she wondered if the girl was truly her offspring.

"Mum?" sasha's voice rang out.

"Ehn ehn?" Barbra said startled.

"Are alright?" Sasha asked drawing some imaginary images in the air.

"Erm...ermm...i'm fine"

"Okay." she sighed.

Barbra watched Sasha as she made some kind of wriggling movements with her hands, she smiled, nodded, frowned, bit her lips at intervals.
"Gosh! This girl is demonic!" she muttered to her self.

She had tried taking Sasha to a pastor for deliverance, but there wasn't any positive outcome. The man of God asked them to cut her dreadlocks, but the girl refused.

The giggles coming from her daughter increased her fear, she stood up quitely and slipped into her room, she picked her phone to call her husband, he should come home quick.
She changed her mind, because her husband won't leave the golf club for any reason, she decided to visit her younger sister; Ashley-Kenny's mother.

"Sasha?" She said in a quite voice.
"I'm going out." she added not minding the girl's silence.

"To where?"

"To my sister's place." she replied holding her bag closely.

"You wanna leave me all alone?" Sasha asked

"No..."

"No don't worry, just go!" Sasha said with a frown.

"But..."

"Go now!" Sasha waved her off.

She watched her mother scramble out of her presence, a mischievous smile playing on her lip. That was gross! Her mother succumbs to her authority.

"Everybody believes I'm possessed!" she laughed

"I love my dreadlocks jor! Everybody believes a dada is fetish!" she tossed her locks.

Time to do expliots, she thought as she ran towards her father's bedroom.

:::::::::::::
Sasha bit graciously into the chocolate Kenny offered her.
"Chocolicious!" she smacked her lips

"my dad bought it yesterday." Kenny said with pride.

"Hmn, omo daddy!" Sasha sat on a stone.
Kenny sat beside her too, and they both watched other students as the played and loitered around.

"excuse me, the principal wants to see you please." a junior student told Sasha.

"Principal?" Sasha glanced at Kenny.

"Let me follow you." Kenny suggested.

"no don't worry! I can handle him." Sasha dusted her skirt as followed the path that led to the principal's office.

"Sasha williams!" Mr Duru-the principal glared at her.

"sir?" came the timid reply

"Is this the list you gave Miss Chinyere for the items needed in the first aid box?" he asked giving her a piece of paper.

"Yes" a smile played on her lips

"read it out,"

"two packet of contraceptive pills, four packet of con-doms, fifteen injections, a scanning machine, twenty bags of sanitary pads, a bag of tissues, twenty pants and bras...fourteen boxers,fifteen..."

"Shut up! Useless girl, are those the things needed in a first aid box?" Mr Duru interrupted her.

"But sir, those things are important, most expecially the contaceptive pills and con-doms, you know..." she explained in an important tone.

"Sharrap you she-devil!" Mr Duru scowled at her.
"I'm sick and tired of your behaviours, I've lost many teachers due to your devilish acts, I need to teach you some lessons as the health prefect, go and wash those toilets!" he continued.

"Why?" Sasha quipped.

"You'e asking me ehn? Here, take this, you are hereby suspended for three days." he handed a later to her.

"Three days break! Wow! Thanks man!" Sasha joyfully collected the letter as she bounced out of the office to inform Kenny about the 'good news'
Re: Despite All Odds by Bluediamond1(f): 11:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
Hian!!!which kind stronghead pikin be dis sasha
Bukky,gud job but 2 short.
Re: Despite All Odds by kajoula(m): 1:36am On Mar 07, 2013
@bukola....this your writeup is the bomb,but please let get to continue the flow..........God bless ya
Re: Despite All Odds by Bwaal(m): 6:01am On Mar 07, 2013
Waiting........
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 9:16am On Mar 07, 2013
::::::::::::
Mr williams heart skipped beats as his secretary called to tell him his daughter was there to see him.
What on earth was she doing there? Shouldn't she be in school? He thought.

"Hy popsie!" Sasha bounced into the office.

"What are you doing here?" Williams asked as he hugged her.

"Here!" she placed an envelop on his table before going to raid his fridge.

"Oh my God! Sasha!" he shouted as he read the letter.

"What?" Sasha asked in a relaxed tone as she scooped generous amounts of bournvita into a mug and sipping from a glass of juice.

"You are suspended? What on earth happened?" Williams rose to his feet bewildered.

"I don't wanna talk about it." she said sipping from her mug of choco.

"but Sasha..."

"Dad please! I'm so hungry...call your driver to take me to an eatery." Sasha said firmly.
Mr williams sighed as he called his driver.

"which eatery are taking me to?" Sasha asked Okon-the driver as they drove out of her father's company.

"Tantalizers."

"No, take me to 'meal n bites'"

"but.." Okon was confused.

"I don't see any reason why I should go to another eatery when my mother owns one" Sasha scratched her locks.

"Let me have the money!" she ordered as they got to the eatery.

"hy momma!" she bumped into her mother at the door.

"Oops you're going out?" she eyed her mothers bag.

"stop looking at me like that! Or...never mind, I'm gonna pay for everything I eat." she brushed past her mother.

Barbra walked on the balls of her feet towards her car, she picked her phone to call her husband, what's going on?

Sasha squeezed into a table at the far end of the eatery, waving at a waiteress,

she gave her order
"one hollandia strawberry flavoured milk-one litre size, two spring rolls, four samosa, that's all."

she sipped from her milk drink slowly, surveying the eatery with her hawk eyes.
A young boy in his early twenties, wearing dreadlocks caught her attention, she rubbed her own locks absent-mindedly. The boy smiled at her, she frowned and bit into her spring rolls.

"Hy? Can I join you?" the boy walked to her table holding his plate of food.

He pulled out a chair without waiting for her reply.
"I'm micheal, and you?"

"Sasha." she shook his hands.

"Your hair, is it natural?" he asked.

"Yep! Like it?" Sasha smiled running her hands through her locks.

"Yea, I never knew girls wear natural Dada." he laughed.

"I do, yours is natural i guess."

"Yea, so what are you doing in a restaurant in school uniform?" he asked.

Sasha smiled, held his eyes for a while, before chuckling, he chuckled too, they seem to understand each, the aura around them is too big for people who just met few minutes ago. Well maybe, it's their Dreadlocks.

"I was suspended for being stubborn."

"Aww! All dadas are stubborn!" Micheal laughed.

"well...and you, do you school or work?"

"I school in the fedral uni, a level two student." he replied munching his food.

And on, their conversation went, till her father called her phone

"I need to go now." she rose to her feet.

"Your number?"

quickly she typed her number into his phone
"I need to go now, my driver is waiting." she waved.

"Okay, I'l call ya!" Micheal waved as he watched her leave.
The girl has a confidential friendly manner, she'll make a good friend- he thought.
Re: Despite All Odds by Splendblex(f): 8:01pm On Mar 07, 2013
Bukky weldone o
Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 11:17pm On Mar 07, 2013
Hy splendblex....

:::::::::::::::::
Sasha scratched her head furiously, as she watched her father gesticulate as he spoke; family meeting-he called it.
Her mum, kola, even Kenny and his parents were present.

"Sasha, explain how your suspension came to be." Jide-Kenny's father said.

She frowned a bit, this man should just maintain the respect she's giving him.

"There's nothing to explain." Kenny said uninvited.

"Shut up Ken!" Ashley yelled at her son.

"I went to see the principal, you need to listen to the unimaginable things, my own daughter did." Williams said through his teeth.

"I don't know why God gave me this kind of child." Barbra said with regret.

"Don't talk like that now." Ashley consoled her sister.

"Hmn, this is serious!" Kola chirped.

"Abeg park well jor!" Sasha and Kenny chorused.

"The only solution is this, the link between Ken and Sasha should be cut off, atleast no more communications, that should reduce the truancy." Jide suggested.

"Hian! What did you just say? You mean You would separate us?" Kenny squeaked eyeing his father,

"No, keep your cool, he's just making a suggestion." Sasha said quitely.

Williams sighed heavily, this was too big for him to handle. Sasha was an odd number in his even life, he must live with it.

"Kola please get I and Kenny some chilled juice, while we listen to this boring meeting." Sasha said carelessly.

"Gosh! This children are ridiculous!" Ashley laughed.
She isn't bothered by their stubborness, whats wrong there?

"Ridiculous ehn?"Jide eyed her.

"Hello?" Sasha said into her phone

"Hello I can hear you." she walked out of the sitting room, while the rest watched her.

"This girl lack manners." Jide said shaking his head.
The others to gave an affirmative grunt.

:::::::::::::::
Sasha ran to the door as soon as she heard a knock, she's expecting Micheal.

"Hi sister!" Cassandra hugged her.

"Cassie...what..I mean...why did you come home today?" she couldn't hide her disappointment.

"I heard of your suspension,..."

"So you came to give me a sermon?" Sasha smiled.

"Nope..."

A knock came again. Cassandra watched her sister run towards the door excited.

"Hi...you're welcome, please come in." Sasha held Micheal's hand leading him into the living room.

"Errm, mike, this is my sister cassandra, cassie meet mike-a friend"

"Hy" Micheal shook hands with cassandra.

"Please sit." Sasha gestured to a chair.

"Noo, I need to go now, I've got an appointment to keep, just passed by to say hi." Micheal explained

"hmmm" Sasha gave him a disappointed look.

"Hey, not that face! Promise to come during the weekends." Micheal assured her.

"Promise?" she brightened up.

"Yea.." he smiled, pushing her locks off her face.

"Bye." he told Cassandra who was watching them in keen interest.

"so girlie, who is he?" Cassandra asked after he left.

"A friend." Sasha frowned.

"a lover, i rather say!" Cassandra eyed her.
"But I don't like him"

"Did he ask you to like him before?" Sasha retorted.

"Nope! I think I know his face.."

"yep, he's from your school." Sasha said impatiently.

"that's right! His name is mike right? I know him well" Cassandra added.

"Okay cassie! Thank God you know him, can you keep quite now?" Sasha replied irritated.

"Do you know he belongs to the ?" she asked in gossip fashion.

"Which one is again?" Sasha almost yelled.

"A cult group!" She said grithing her teeth.

"Cassie, come.." Sasha edged closer to her.

"Are you sure you don't have fever? You need some drugs." she felt her sister's forehead.

"Leave me!" Cassandra pushed hands away.

"Cassie, if you're aint sick, then stop telling lies" Sasha said firmly walking into her room.
Re: Despite All Odds by Ice4jez(m): 12:01am On Mar 08, 2013
sasha is seventeen and talks to pple older than her by lowest five years.my dear this ur story if na naija setting dey for don beat her die..

2 Likes

Re: Despite All Odds by MsPweshy(f): 12:01am On Mar 08, 2013
Seems interesting@Bukkydan..carry on
Re: Despite All Odds by CaptCindie(f): 9:15am On Mar 08, 2013
Stop cutting it short cry

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by BukkyDan(f): 7:08pm On Mar 08, 2013
:::::::::::::::
Wiping imaginary dirts off the wall; Sasha sat on the rug,squeezed into a corner of the sitting room. High pitched laughter came from her siblings, they were playing the scrabble game, she took a quick glance at Dapo and Cassandra,
shouldn't they be in their place of primary assignment and hostels respectively? She thought.
Coming home to spend the weekend like some toddlers!

"What kinda word is that?" she heard Dapo say.

"read it now.." Cassandra replied.

"Oddball?" Kola read it out.

"Cassie , you're looking for trouble." Dapo warned as they both laughed.

"I wonder what she's wiping off the wall." Dapo whispered.

"Maybe, she's having a meeting with her fellow demons." Cassandra said loudly.

"The association of Dada's!" Kola chirped in.

Sasha swallowed hard, she heard them all, they were actually looking for her trouble, and she won't disappoint them.

"I want to play scrabble." she walked towards them.

"well Sassy, we aint done yet, wait till the game is over." Kola told her.

"I want to play scrabble now!" her voice was pitched high.

"Wait, till we're done" Dapo said irritated.

"No!" she said adamantly.

"what are you gonna do? we are'nt through yet." cassandra yelled at her.

Sasha grabbed the board, scattered the keys all over the place, before tearing the board in two.
"that's what I'm gonna do!"

"Are you out of your mind?" Dapo yelled infuriated.

"Yes!" came her reply.

"What the heck is your problem? Can't you live in peace for once?" he rose to his feet.

"Oh! Mr peace-maker, why don't you teach me how to live in peace"

"Don't you talk to me like that, okay? I'm far older than you!" Dapo wagged a warning finger at her face.

"What difference does it make? At 25 you're still depending on your parents for pocket money, when your mates are driving big cars with fat bank accounts?" Sasha sneered.

"Don't let me deal with you!"

"please do! Rubbish! What can you do? Kill me? You can do absolutely nothing Fool!" she spat into his face.

Infuriated, Dapo slapped her twice.
"Jeez!" Sasha glared at him, painful suprise written all over her face.

"Very good! Time to teach this brat how to use her tongue." Cassandra clapped.

"you slapped me?" Sasha's voice was low

Dapo wriggled his hands, did he just slap his sister? What on earth came over him?

"You dare raise your hands at me? Dapo you slapped me? Answer me! You slapped me?" she asked again in a painful whisper.

Dapo exhaled sharply, why couldn't he control his anger? What kind of example was he setting? He didn't just slap any female but his sister?
He glared at his hands, they moved to fast.

"Sasha!" Kola screamed, making him look up sharply.

Sasha slumped slowly to the ground, her rolled up. Kola rushed to hold her.
Dapo stared at her confused.

"Sasha!" he shook her, but she was unconscious.

"We're in trouble!" Cassandra wailed.

"bring some water." Dapo said, holding Sasha on his knees.

They poured a bowl of water on her, but couldn't revive her.

"Oh my God! Sasha please don't die!" Kola began to cry.

"Don't sit there crying, get the car key!" Dapo ordered.

"Cassie? Call mum and dad please" he added carrying Sasha on his shoulder.

"where are you taking her to?" Kola asked giving him the keys.

"Hospital." Dapo replied heading towards the garage.

His heart was heavy. For once he regretted coming home to spend the weekend. What if something happened to her? How would he face his parents to tell them he killed his sister?

"God please..." He said igniting the car.
Re: Despite All Odds by Dusha94(f): 7:39pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hmmmm......nthin shud happen to sasha oooo.

1 Like

Re: Despite All Odds by PetDancer(f): 7:41pm On Mar 08, 2013
Sasha is an ogbanje.....highly possesed...bukkydan keep it coming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.