Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Afcon Hero Sunday Mba: I Would Prefer To Play In Spain - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Afcon Hero Sunday Mba: I Would Prefer To Play In Spain (1212 Views)

Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Sunday Mba Vows To Shame Critics / Sunday Mba Seeks Dream Europe Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afcon Hero Sunday Mba: I Would Prefer To Play In Spain by honeric01(m): 1:37pm On Feb 28, 2013
Feb 28, 2013 12:44:00 PM

The Afcon winning midfielder has said that he would want to join a club in La Liga because he likes their pattern of play

Super Eagles midfielder Sunday Mba has revealed that he would prefer to play in Spain if he could make the choice for his future following the scamble by clubs to sign him. Mba told Goal.com that he the pattern of play in La Liga suits his style.

The midfielder, who scored the winning goal in the Africa Cup of Nations final game against Burkina Faso in South Africa, said his mind is in Spain and would consider any good club from that country because he would adjust to their style of play easily.

"Yes it is true that a lot of clubs are eager to sign me. If I have my way I would want to play for a club that is based in Spain," Mba told Goal.com.

"This is because apart from other considerations, the way they play their football suits exactly how I like to play my game.

"I have always admired players in Spain. But like I said, if it is in my power to choose where I will play in Europe, I would most definitely move to Spain. I believe I have the neccessary requirements to do well in that country."

Mba surprised many with his match-winning goals at the Afcon where he scored key strikes against Cote D'Ivoire and Burkina Faso. He was awarded the Goal.com World Player of the Week and Goal of the Week afterwwards.

"The 2013 Africa Cup of Nations has shown me that a player can achieve anything he sets out to do," said Mba.

"Nobody believed I would do well, but I braved the odds and God crowned my efforts. I will do well in any country, but Spain remains my first choice," Mba said.
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4093/nigeria/2013/02/28/3786890/sunday-mba-i-prefer-to-play-in-spain

Re: Afcon Hero Sunday Mba: I Would Prefer To Play In Spain by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
Well, Lets be realistic here, its not just about the trigger excitement of the La Liga style that would probably place a Move to spain on Mba's top wishlist, but also the Chance of stepping into the first team of any Club in Europe's major leagues.

Unlike Italy, England, Germany and France were the fight for a Jersey is like a gulf war, too much technicality and tempo of the game are fierce, Spain would surely serve him a good breeding ground for further Challenges.

Good Choice cool
Re: Afcon Hero Sunday Mba: I Would Prefer To Play In Spain by TableLeg(m): 10:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
Goodluck ooo .... Barca and Real Madrid are waiting for you cheesy
Re: Afcon Hero Sunday Mba: I Would Prefer To Play In Spain by honeric01(m): 8:24am On Mar 01, 2013
El Guapo:
Unlike Italy, England, Germany and France were the fight for a Jersey is like a gulf war, too much technicality and tempo of the game are fierce, Spain would surely serve him a good breeding ground for further Challenges.

Good Choice cool

What do you mean by this? he's more likely to get a first team shirt in England and France than in Spain. you think top Spanish clubside lack quality players? he's a midfielder and Spain aren't lacking in the midfield position. if he was a defender or a quality striker, it would have made more sense getting a first team shirt in Spain.
Re: Afcon Hero Sunday Mba: I Would Prefer To Play In Spain by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 01, 2013
honeric01:

What do you mean by this? he's more likely to get a first team shirt in England and France than in Spain. you think top Spanish clubside lack quality players? he's a midfielder and Spain aren't lacking in the midfield position. if he was a defender or a quality striker, it would have made more sense getting a first team shirt in Spain.

shocked shocked
Re: Afcon Hero Sunday Mba: I Would Prefer To Play In Spain by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
honeric01:

Hehe - France maybe Yes but would entertain doubts on him Coping with the Ruggedity of the Ligue 1 but England? Lol, unless u're talking about Southampton - Prowse would even be highly rated at the Saints ground than Mba, believe Me!

C'mon, Valencia needs an AM/CM! cheesy
Re: Afcon Hero Sunday Mba: I Would Prefer To Play In Spain by honeric01(m): 1:44pm On Mar 01, 2013
El Guapo:

Hehe - France maybe Yes but would entertain doubts on him Coping with the Ruggedity of the Ligue 1 but England? Lol, unless u're talking about Southampton - Prowse would even be highly rated at the Saints ground than Mba, believe Me!

C'mon, Valencia needs an AM/CM! cheesy

Even "powerless" midfielders from spain are making it in England and tearing the whole league apart, what makes you think he won't make it in England? it's easier to get into the first team in English clubs (as a midfielder) than in Spain where Midfielders are running away to play elsewhere for lack of space.

Take this serious bro. in Spain, Spanish players are considered first before foreigners unless in some special cases.

1 Like

Re: Afcon Hero Sunday Mba: I Would Prefer To Play In Spain by hollandis(f): 2:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
He is a sharp thinking player .I am sure we have more of his likes in the country.Its a shame that Nigeria won the african cup of nations after 19 years because we decided to field in local based players which we always relegared.

Sunda Mba i say to you.Go to spain.I love your determination
Re: Afcon Hero Sunday Mba: I Would Prefer To Play In Spain by Afam4eva(m): 11:19pm On Mar 03, 2013
El Guapo: Well, Lets be realistic here, its not just about the trigger excitement of the La Liga style that would probably place a Move to spain on Mba's top wishlist, but also the Chance of stepping into the first team of any Club in Europe's major leagues.

Good Choice cool
What exactly is this supposed to mean? How dare you call the La liga a breeding ground. It's easier to break into the first team in England, France and Germany than to do that in Spain. The spanish league is talented with a lot of good strikers and creative midfielders and it will be very difficult for Mba since he's a midfielder. Like honeric said, if he was a defender it would have been easier because imo, spain does not possess the best defenders in europe.
Re: Afcon Hero Sunday Mba: I Would Prefer To Play In Spain by komekn(m): 7:07pm On Mar 05, 2013
Your state of mind affects your state and quality of play.

I hope his advisers have told him about this consider how many Africans play in La Liga and have been able to forge a long term career, and then ask why ?

Mba is clearly talented I would advise him not to get carried away with the Hype, get a club in England's premiership that he can break into then make a name for himself be the shining star there, then watch the big money offers come in. He will learn, improve and become a proven established play maker. Remember JJ and Bolton the only problem age was not on his side.

Fortunately and unfortunately, I am not his adviser so he might think I am talking a load of Bull. Nuff Said
Re: Afcon Hero Sunday Mba: I Would Prefer To Play In Spain by honeric01(m): 10:06pm On Mar 05, 2013
komekn: Your state of mind affects your state and quality of play.

I hope his advisers have told him about this consider how many Africans play in La Liga and have been able to forge a long term career, and then ask why ?

Mba is clearly talented I would advise him not to get carried away with the Hype, get a club in England's premiership that he can break into then make a name for himself be the shining star there, then watch the big money offers come in. He will learn, improve and become a proven established play maker. Remember JJ and Bolton the only problem age was not on his side.

Fortunately and unfortunately, I am not his adviser so he might think I am talking a load of Bull. Nuff Said

Improve as a skillful midfielder in England? No
Make a name and also money in England? Yes!

(1) (Reply)

50 Greatest Nigerian Footballers Of All Time / Neymar's Girlfriend In Barcelona Beach.. She Is Hot Right? / Simeone: Di Maria Better Than Ronaldo & Bale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.