Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency (22446 Views)

The Newly-coined Full Meaning Of B-U-H-A-R-I / Who Coined The Word '9ja' and 'Naija'? / What Does 'Lagos' Mean & Who Coined The Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by alosnika: 1:11pm On Mar 01, 2013
Awolowo was the best president Nigeria never had. Deep inside of us, we all know it.Many of our present leaders and politicians live on his achievements and legacy. Just as many of us....I graduated from the great Obafemi Awolowo University as at the time there was nothing like school fees in Ife and I paid N90 as accommodation fee throughout my studies. Till now OAU remains amongst the best in Nigeria. All with cocoa and agriculture money. what has our present politicians and leaders done with oil money? They cannot even fund our universities anymore. They cannot provide jobs for graduates coming out of those universities.....Appreciate Awolowo please, sentiment apart.

15 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 1:14pm On Mar 01, 2013
jadakiss213: Awolowo died Wretched ke that must be a joke.what he left behind will feed u and ur generations yet unborn.hehehe
where is the so-called wealth he left behind?
Which of his descendants are relevant in Nigeria today?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Nwaoguta(m): 1:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
Na dat man bring poverty and division in nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Freiburger(m): 1:18pm On Mar 01, 2013
It is just a waste of time wondering why the country look the way it is.
Unity brings prosperity, tribalism is a disgrace to any race.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 1:18pm On Mar 01, 2013
alosnika: Awolowo was the best president Nigeria never had. Deep inside of us, we all know it.Many of our present leaders and politicians live on his achievements and legacy. Just as many of us....I graduated from the great Obafemi Awolowo University as at the time there was nothing like school fees in Ife and I paid N90 as accommodation fee throughout my studies. Till now OAU remains amongst the best in Nigeria. All with cocoa and agriculture money. what has our present politicians and leaders done with oil money? They cannot even fund our universities anymore. They cannot provide jobs for graduates coming out of those universities.....Appreciate Awolowo please, sentiment apart.
Awolowo was the best president the 'odua nation' never had and not Nigeria.
He was responsible for the murder of millions of people.
God forbid such genocidal idiott as our president.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by yabadabado: 1:20pm On Mar 01, 2013
china phone don make even small village boys and girls to talk when learned people dey talk oh! this site runs on the spirit of tribalist and insecured yoriba and igbo people. i think the igbo people on the site are the most insecured people online and offline. i also think the yoriba people, although, the second largest tribe after the hausa/fulani...have the most illiterates using mobile phones.

i laugh everytime igbos talk about biafra... a nation of traders dont want the benefits of large population when a significant number of it people are traders.hahahahaha. a yoriba nation without nigeria would remain rural in most area, yes, educated minds abound in southwest but, take a look at any western nigeria city and you will agree.

i don't no much about awolowo but
no nigerian politician is still being spoken about 2 and a half decades after their death like him. ojukwu will be forgotten when ibos get a shot to be president, infact, his building is already being destroyed by ibo people.

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 1:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
Freiburger: It is just a waste of time wondering why the country look the why it is.
Unity brings prosperity, Tribalism is a disgrace to any race.
Guy go and sleep.
I wonder why i didn't see you preaching peace in the chinua achebe denigrating thread.
Hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by xrazzy(m): 1:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
AND OGA SEUN COINED NAIRALAND

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Freiburger(m): 1:25pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: Guy go and sleep.
I wonder why i didn't see you preaching peace in the chinua achebe denigrating thread.
Hypocrite.
It's time to fight back right? undecided
A normal being knows that this thread was mean't to serve a different purpose.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 1:26pm On Mar 01, 2013
yabadabado: china phone don make even small village boys and girls to talk when learned people dey talk oh! this site runs on the spirit of tribalist and insecured yoriba and igbo people. i think the igbo people on the site are the most insecured people online and offline. i also think the yoriba people, although, the second largest tribe after the hausa/fulani...have the most illiterates using mobile phones.

i laugh everytime igbos talk about biafra... a nation of traders dont want the benefits of large population when a significant number of it people are traders.hahahahaha. a yoriba nation without nigeria would remain rural in most area, yes, educated minds abound in southwest but, take a look at any western nigeria city and you will agree.

i don't no much about awolowo but
no nigerian politician is still being spoken about 2 and a half decades after their death like him. ojukwu will be forgotten when ibos get a shot to be president, infact, his building is already being destroyed by ibo people.
The only people that regard awolowo in Nigeria are his people.
Beyond the SW,he is known as a murderous,conniving,deceitful,backstabbing bastard that he is.
I hope yorubas are enjoying the one Nigeria,he help create.

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by hitleraldof(m): 1:26pm On Mar 01, 2013
speeder: Whats so special about the minister of finance of a country without a currency suggesting the name of a currency to be use? Owk, were they waiting for Ojukwu, a militarian to give the name?
[color=#006600][/color]maybe dey expected a commitee 2 be set up 4 it
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by wittytezzy(m): 1:28pm On Mar 01, 2013
mtew...d@s no news jarey...hear d gist 4 d tory ..."naira stand 4 no more any igbo reign again more so kobo means kill ojukwu before others"...leaps sealed homtew...d@s no news jarey...hear d gist 4 d tory ..."naira stand 4 no more any igbo reign again more so kobo means kill ojukwu before others"...leaps sealed homtew...d@s no news jarey...hear d gist 4 d tory ..."naira stand 4 no more any igbo reign again more so kobo means kill ojukwu before others"...leaps sealed ho
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 1:32pm On Mar 01, 2013
Freiburger:
It's time to fight back right? undecided
A normal being knows that this thread was mean't to serve a different purpose.
sorry,i don't see the purpose this thread would serve.
The Naira he created is currency of an almost failed state.
Nothing to be proud about.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by backtosender: 1:33pm On Mar 01, 2013
AWOLOWOA after all that they jail him again and again and again till he cant take it no more to the point he enter bathroom,drink and go angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Torch1(m): 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2013
He coined the name "Naira" and so fuckin what
A name we dont know the meaning!

Celebrating mediocrity!

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by yabadabado: 1:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
@solomon111.. ur user name suggest u have wisdom at least. how many places have you been to in nigeria. i just googled d guy and he sure has done some things. google is your friend. if there is anyone that has done more say and you would educated other people..don't come hear and be crying because some people don,t respect chinua achebe.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Akpaife(m): 1:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
Abeg next topic
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 01, 2013
Nwa oguta: Na dat man bring poverty and division in nigeria.

YES cool cool cool[b][/b]
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: Who cares?
Afterall lord luggard's hoe gave us the name 'NIGERIA'.
He lived and died a tribalist,and was no good to anybody beyond his tribespeople.
NEXT!!
Luggard? If he was good to his tribes ppl then you can't say he wasn't good to 'anybody'.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by oboy3(m): 1:38pm On Mar 01, 2013
alosnika: Awolowo was the best president Nigeria never had. Deep inside of us, we all know it.Many of our present leaders and politicians live on his achievements and legacy. Just as many of us....I graduated from the great Obafemi Awolowo University as at the time there was nothing like school fees in Ife and I paid N90 as accommodation fee throughout my studies. Till now OAU remains amongst the best in Nigeria. All with cocoa and agriculture money. what has our present politicians and leaders done with oil money? They cannot even fund our universities anymore. They cannot provide jobs for graduates coming out of those universities.....Appreciate Awolowo please, sentiment apart.
i graduated from Imsu and i payed all my school and Accomodation fees
give me one reason to Appreciate Him

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Freiburger(m): 1:40pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: sorry,i don't see the purpose this thread would serve.
The Naira he created is currency of an almost failed state.
Nothing to be proud about.
I don't think it will be wise tracing the nation's present syndrome to the man who created the naira.
What could be a possible solution to making us proud again?
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 01, 2013
Gosh i'm absolutely brimming with anger, i've got liked post, clicked on, and discovered like 10 of my post have been hidden! Damn! Wtf?! I'm sure some are from dis thread. Many thanks to those ethnic goats!

MicroBox:
na market u dey buy fuel abi
whaaaattt?!
I'm finding it hard it believe someone just asked dis question?!
So you think a definition of a market is tejuosho, idumota, or alaba market?!
Damn..dis dude just shot himself on the foot. A market is anywhere transaction take place even whether directly or indirectly. Ok

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Soso990240(m): 1:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
aieromon: Any contrary opinions?
na beef de hungry u dis aftanoon abi?,beta wait,aboki go soon cm 4 evenin.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by backtosender: 1:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
AWOLOWOA in his sick mind, thought he be celebrated after he terminate 2m igbos by food blockade,he rise up of hatred against d igbos and enforce all possible means to make it become reality,i don't think that history will ever ever forgive him..

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by 1shortblackboy: 1:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
*singing*Igbos and yorubas make una fight una be mate! *Ijaw boys standing at 1 corner and laffin* cheesy

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 1:49pm On Mar 01, 2013
Freiburger:
I don't think it will be wise tracing the nation's present syndrome to the man who created the naira.
What could be a possible solution to making us proud again?
He was one of the so-called founding fathers of Nigeria,so he has to share some of the blame.
Split the goddamn country.
France is not bigger than the SE,yet they are big enough to be a country.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Soso990240(m): 1:49pm On Mar 01, 2013
booqee: Gosh i'm absolutely brimming with anger, i've got liked post, clicked on, and discovered like 10 of my post have been hidden! Damn! Wtf?! I'm sure some are from dis thread. Many thanks to those ethnic goats!

whaaaattt?!
I'm finding it hard it believe someone just asked dis question?!
So you think a definition of a market is tejuosho, idumota, or alaba market?!
Damn..dis dude just shot himself on the foot. A market is anywhere transaction take place even whether directly or indirectly. Ok
dm go even Hide u join very soon.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 1:51pm On Mar 01, 2013
django1:
Luggard? If he was good to his tribes ppl then you can't say he wasn't good to 'anybody'.
Don't you understand English?
I said he was no good to anyone except his tribesmen.
He was a tribalist.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG Declares Tuesday 4th, Wednesday 5th Public Holidays For Eid-Al-Fitr / Buhari Directs Military, Others To Procure Kits From DICON / Farooq A. Kperogi: Hope Buhari Doesn’t Appear On New Naira Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.