Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,701 members, 7,802,085 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency (22444 Views)

The Newly-coined Full Meaning Of B-U-H-A-R-I / Who Coined The Word '9ja' and 'Naija'? / What Does 'Lagos' Mean & Who Coined The Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by milky3(f): 7:26pm On Mar 01, 2013
saintohia: If he did, what's the correct meaning?

The acronym "Naira" means what?

em em , it simply means Nairalander
Are
Into
Researching
Always angry
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by OneNaira6: 7:30pm On Mar 01, 2013
alj harem:

LOL you see you are very funny and yet you claim to be educated. Oh well, you are Igbo so I don't expect anything better grin grin grin

Now Okoro man listen, It is not every single book or article Google book would chose to show preview on. It all depends on the copy right law binding it. Although, you can find quotes from such books but not previews

Go check the thread, I replied you and if you watched the video, you would see that biafrans were being brought it by Nigeria soldiers to lagos for rehabilitation from the war. Also go watch videos on youtube concerning that.

You think because it's been months that I am not going to go back several of my post to bring out that thread and the video. I maybe lazy to go back several of my posts in address to others but in terms of you, i can't stand you and I like disgracing you so nigga give me 10 mins. i'll be back with the video and the thread. Don't you dare erase it. You go eat your words today.

Lastly, I'll ask since when did "book" turn to "newspaper interview"? to keep you company. I day wait for the reply. you are afterall Yoruba. You do what your people are known to do best, run to the media and recoin sh1t. Post and claim accuracy. We'll wait for how a supposed "interview" by ojukwu which we can't verify becomes his book that we can verify but cannot verify if that words is actually his from the book. We'll wait.

Give me 10 mins. The video and that thread will be here as well. I repeat again, don't you dare go back and erase it.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
One_Naira:

See this village girl wey think say she fine when she no reach. My post dey pain you reach so? mschewww, If it's paining you so much, go join am burn in the hellish fire for all I care.
i've seen ur other comments here,, and i just realised you're not worth replying. Ur post stinks of unintelligence..
No more from me.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
Tolexander: don't mind the novice. Though i have schooled him
you are very stupidd,if not you won't be focused on a minor discrepancy in statistical data.
The fact of the matter is;
FRANCE IS SMALL YET IT IS BIG ENOUGH TO BE A COUNTRY.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Malawian(m): 7:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
Degis:

Who is this idioit!. Did Awolowo ever went to jail the second time?. I don't blame you, it is those imbecilic opinion molders in your village that are feeding you with lies. You and your tribesmen are just tools in the hands of morons. Awolowo did not take his life, your brother Ojukwu rather was the one who took his own life. Ode o shi
WHAT EXACTLY DID AWOLOWO ACHEIVE SEF? ONE BONE HEAD JUST SAID FREE EDUCATION AND OUTLYING BLAH BLAH BLAH. I UNDERSTAND THE OUTLYING THOUGH.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by OneNaira6: 7:46pm On Mar 01, 2013
alj harem:

Go check the thread, I replied you and if you watched the video, you would see that biafrans were being brought it by Nigeria soldiers to lagos for rehabilitation from the war. Also go watch videos on youtube concerning that.

i found the article. Now I asked you the question in page 11 https://www.nairaland.com/898975/awo-knew-truth-biafra-he/11. Underneath my name, I saw no reply from you from that page 11 to the end of page 12. Where is your reply?

Now the video
http://www.itnsource.com/en/shotlist/ITN/1967/07/22/FS220767102/?s=arrive+baifra+lagos&st=0&pn=1

Everyone and anyone watch this video above coined "Biafran reguee in Lagos or whatever". In the boatride, all the passengers we saw are "white". At the end after the boat docked, the people exiting the boat are yet again "white" and two black girls so Alj_harem I ask again where did you see Biafrans in that video? and when did "Oyinbo" become "Biafrans"? I am waiting for the answer and I have been waiting for months. I know you didn't watch the video, instead of you to just admit it like the damn chameleon lying slowpoke that you are, you hold onto to it hoping noone would check. I can't stand chameleon lying mofos like yourself. After we are done with this one, we'll move on to the rest of the sh1t I've asked you to verify that you avoid like a plague.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by OneNaira6: 7:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
booqee: i've seen ur other comments here,, and i just realised you're not worth replying. Ur post stinks of unintelligence..
No more from me.

See this ugly b1tch. I am not worth replying? My dear did I ask you to reply my first post earlier? Did I drag your ignorant self to click reply, forcing me to give my attention for one second to a m0ron? You carry your stupidity into my post, like a mouse use some stupid insult and when insulted back, the b1tch crawls back. 1diotic buffon. As I said, join your leader in hell if my post is hurting you so much.

Btw: before calling someone "unintelligent" make sure you know how to spell and write. it is "realized" not "realised". It's a "z", not an "s". Also it's "unintelligent", not "unintelligence" but then again you might be the product of free Awolowo education so I am not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by ACM10: 8:14pm On Mar 01, 2013
9jaCrusade:

=First profound Educational System in Africa that left a people educationally outlying others even till today in the country...

=Founding the Legacy for a University that at the time of its creation was the 5th most valuable real estate in the third world and still is the best in Nigeria

=The First Television Station in Africa when a large part of Europe didn't have one...and England had just had one less than a decade before

=Minister of Finance of a country, employed from jail, who managed the country without a single debt, leaving a trade surplus during war and peace time, a feat that not even Britain's PMs could not achieve....

=A man awarded to do a doctorate Study in Economics for the prestigious foremost UK university-Oxford without an MSc in Economics..

=One still studied in the East in the area of Political Studies in a subject called Awoism

=First Skyscraper Building in Nigeria

=First and only leader in black Africa to institute a functioning Free Health Sysytem for His region for years....all these without the oil money of the present day

=Produced proteges who have also achieved great feats in the country like Jakande, Bola Ige etc... Still remains the Single Icon/mentor of Achievers like Governor Fashola

=Prime Minister of Britain Ed Heath confessed that Awo was fit and would succeed as President of the US and Prime Minister of England...No other testimony impresses me like this...Up till today, it has never been said of any African or Middle Eastern or Asian Leader...

This is the caliber of person you are asking what he has done to command the respect of Gen Ojukwu(of blessed memory)?
Do you know what you are saying? I bet you don't. Go and read more. Bless you!

I just came back from Ibadan the seat of Awo's government. In case you don't know, Ibadan is the largest squalor in Nigeria . .They say that "charity begins from home". If Awo's anarchist regime in Ibadan is what he intends to replicate throughout the country, then I remain grateful to God for keeping him away from the seat of president of Nigeria. The closest he came to the seat, he masterminded humanitarian and economic genocide.

By the way, do you know about the oil boom during Gowon government? Do you think that Awo is actually an economic genius? Think again. . .
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by ACM10: 8:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
alj harem: ^^^^^^ reading the above speech by Ojukwu, one would understand why Igbos are jealous and angry that they never had such a leader. Very well so, it is just envy that's all grin grin grin grin

It takes a great courage for someone to praise his political opponent. I read a book written by Nnamdi Azikiwe, he had only kind words to say about Awo. But when I read Awo's book, he had nothing positive to say about Zik. Now tell me who behaved like a statesman?

Again, remember that it is in our culture to say something positive aout someone when he dies.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 01, 2013
ACM10:

I just came back from Ibadan the seat of Awo's government. In case you don't know, Ibadan is the largest squalor in Nigeria . .They say that "charity begins from home". If Awo's anarchist regime in Ibadan is what he intends to replicate throughout the country, then I remain grateful to God for keeping him away from the seat of president of Nigeria. The closest he came to the seat, he masterminded humanitarian and economic genocide.

By the way, do you know about the oil boom during Gowon government? Do you think that Awo is actually an economic genius? Think again. . .

Dude why are so you obsessed with Ibadan sef? Where are you from? tell us if your state is Dubai of Nigeria. If you don't have anything good to say it will do you good to stop repeating the same thing over and over again.

You guys behave like touts, talk ill of other tribes and their leaders but when the table is turned you'll start to whinge and play victim.
Please tell us the achievements of your little god ojukwu and what he achieved for your race.

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by aljharem(m): 8:38pm On Mar 01, 2013
ACM10:

It takes a great courage for someone to praise his political opponent. I read a book written by Nnamdi Azikiwe, he had only kind words to say about Awo. But when I read Awo's book, he had nothing positive to say about Zik. Now tell me who behaved like a statesman?

Again, remember that it is in our culture to say something positive aout someone when he dies.

Tell me one positive thing Nnamdi Azikwe would be remembered for which is unique to him. angry

@ Bolded

Well our culture does not permit such, if you lived a wicked life, you would NOT BE praised and so is the Igbo culture so I don't know which culture you are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by dayokanu(m): 8:40pm On Mar 01, 2013
inufele2:

Dude why are so you obsessed with Ibadan sef? Where are you from? tell us if your state is Dubai of Nigeria. If you don't have anything good to say it will do you good to stop repeating the same thing over and over again.

You guys behave like touts, talk ill of other tribes and their leaders but when the table is turned you'll start to whinge and play victim.
Please tell us the achievements of your little god ojukwu and what he achieved for your race.

You dey mind them? Last December when people were voting that senile cripple into the Hall of Shame they all came out crying and whining

Ask them where they are from they cant say it

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Tolexander: 8:44pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: you are very stupidd,if not you won't be focused on a minor discrepancy in statistical data.
The fact of the matter is;
FRANCE IS SMALL YET IT IS BIG ENOUGH TO BE A COUNTRY.
stop exposing your folly and ignorance the more. The landmass is just a very minute criteria to exist as an autonomous nation. What do you wanna talk about andorra, san marino and vartican if it is all about size.
Better you go to the juvenile section of nairaland to mingle with your mates.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Nobody: 8:44pm On Mar 01, 2013
dayokanu:

You dey mind them? Last December when people were voting that senile cripple into the Hall of Shame they all came out crying and whining

Ask them where they are from they cant say it

He always make posts about how dirty Ibadan is almost on every thread yet he won't stop going to Ibadan! if the place is so filthy and unwelcoming I wonder what he and many of his brothers still doing in Ibadan. Why are these guys such a bunch of ingrates? I don't know of many Yorubas living in yiboland, I for one will count it as a curse to live there (for what? I'll rather live in Niger or cotonou instead).

6 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by dayokanu(m): 8:47pm On Mar 01, 2013
inufele2:

He always make posts about how dirty Ibadan is almost on every thread yet he won't stop going to Ibadan! if the place is so filthy and unwelcoming I wonder what he and many of his brothers still doing in Ibadan. Why are these guys such a bunch of ingrates? I don't know of many Yorubas living in yiboland, I for one will count it as a curse to live there (for what? I'll rather live in Niger or cotonou instead).

Whic Yoruba would go and live in Yiboland, When the sons of the soil sef cant wait to bail out of the extreme squalor, poverty and hopelessness that pervades the who Region.

Buncha ingrates, Check every bus terminal and see them coming in droves because their land cant save them

Its like a Somalian refugee granted stay in Canada and keeps yakking about how messed up Canada is

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Skmoda360(m): 9:01pm On Mar 01, 2013
Policewoman: So how does this affect the price of fuel in the market?
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: He was one of the so-called founding fathers of Nigeria,so he has to share some of the blame.
Split the goddamn country.
France is not bigger than the SE,yet they are big enough to be a country.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Dude you goofed big time! It seems geography is not your strong point at all grin grin grin
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by oboy3(m): 9:02pm On Mar 01, 2013
there are no yorubas living in yiboland
on a second though its true because there's no such place as Yiboland in Nigeria
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 01, 2013
o'boy:
there are no yorubas living in yiboland
on a second though its true because there's no such place as Yiboland in Nigeria

You call it Alaigbo, we call it yiboland grin grin grin
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by ACM10: 9:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
alj harem:

Tell me one positive thing Nnamdi Azikwe would be remembered for which is unique to him. angry

@ Bolded

Well our culture does not permit such, if you lived a wicked life, you would NOT BE praised and so is the Igbo culture so I don't know which culture you are talking about.

Need I mention them? Top of the list is that Zik was at the forefront of the fight for Nigeria's independence. He was a selfless leader who was willing to make the painful political compromise to favour the whole nation. He made compromises to the detriment of his tribe; to the detriment of his political career. This is why Zik is not celebrated in the east. Cos in his bid to appease other tribes, he forgot to bring back our share of national cake.

Nigeria still remembers Zik up till today. That is why they name many national monuments, streets, airports, etc were named after him.

In our culture, we say something positive about our enemies even when he dies. That's how gentlemen behave.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 9:15pm On Mar 01, 2013
Tolexander: stop exposing your folly and ignorance the more. The landmass is just a very minute criteria to exist as an autonomous nation. What do you wanna talk about andorra, san marino and vartican if it is all about size.
Better you go to the juvenile section of nairaland to mingle with your mates.
Thank you for highlighting my point,instead of jerking off on statistical irrelevances.
What a foool.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by solomon111(m): 9:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
inufele2:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Dude you goofed big time! It seems geography is not your strong point at all grin grin grin
yeah right.
I am sure you deliberately missed my other posts where i corrected that assertion.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Cusubaba(m): 9:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
dayokanu:

Whic Yoruba would go and live in Yiboland, When the sons of the soil sef cant wait to bail out of the extreme squalor, poverty and hopelessness that pervades the who Region.

Buncha ingrates, Check every bus terminal and see them coming in droves because their land cant save them

Its like a Somalian refugee granted stay in Canada and keeps yakking about how messed up Canada is
Senseless ape. Ugly dirty slowpoke doing what he know how to do best. Stupid internet warrior but coward in real world. I can't believe people like u exist in 21 century. Pig reason better than U. Pls retarded ape remember ur God ThiefAwolowo fought for one Nigeria, so lazy pig like u should wakeup from ur slumber and know that every hardworking Nigerian have right to live and do business every where in Nigeria. Even in those slums in Yoruba land like Ibadan, Ekiti, Ajegule, Lagos etc I.D.I.O.T.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by oboy3(m): 9:19pm On Mar 01, 2013
inufele2:

You call it Alaigbo, we call it yiboland grin grin grin
call it whatever you please,but still there is no such place in Africa called Yiboland
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by ACM10: 9:20pm On Mar 01, 2013
inufele2:

I can see that my uncomplimentary description of Ibadan is getting on your nerves. Take heart. Truth they say is bitter. Maybe, I should tone down. But since you guys are in the habit of elevating the failure called Awolowo, I can't stop talking about the outlook of his seat of government. My people say that "you determine how delicious a soup is from its aroma". Since Awo's seat of government is chaotic, how dare you tell us that we would have gotten a better deal under him?

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by oboy3(m): 9:24pm On Mar 01, 2013
Cusubaba: Senseless ape. Ugly dirty slowpoke doing what he know how to do best. Stupid internet warrior but coward in real world. I can't believe people like u exist in 21 century. Pig reason better than U. Pls retarded ape remember ur God ThiefAwolowo fought for one Nigeria, so lazy pig like u should wakeup from ur slumber and know that every hardworking Nigerian have right to live and do business every where in Nigeria. Even in those slums in Yoruba land like Ibadan, Ekiti, Ajegule, Lagos etc I.D.I.O.T.
am not happy with you at all
why waste your time and bandwit to educate an Ignoramus?
Leave him let him continue to swim in the pool of Ignorance

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Cusubaba(m): 9:26pm On Mar 01, 2013
o'boy:
call it whatever you please,but still there is no such place in Africa called Yiboland
Don't mind those ugly, dirty, lazy ,cowards Yorubish. Don't u know that average Yorubish man reason with his anus.
Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Tolexander: 9:52pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: Thank you for highlighting my point,instead of jerking off on statistical irrelevances.
What a foool.
you will never learn! Instead of u to sit down at my feet learning. Just continue to goof big time. Illiterate equating france to the south east.
I pity your parent wasting money on your education. Better go back and learn how to deal in spare part.
If all animals with horn are on nairaland discussing, does that mean a snail should interfere and pocknose?

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Nobody: 9:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
ACM10:

I can see that my uncomplimentary description of Ibadan is getting on your nerves. Take heart. Truth they say is bitter. Maybe, I should tone down. But since you guys are in the habit of elevating the failure called Awolowo, I can't stop talking about the outlook of his seat of government. My people say that "you determine how delicious a soup is from its aroma". Since Awo's seat of government is chaotic, how dare you tell us that we would have gotten a better deal under him?
Absolutely not! you may continue to say that till kingdom comes for all I care grin grin grin my attachment to NL and anything posted here is 0%
If you like keep looking at other man's yansh leaving your own yansh open for the whole world to see, na your problem be that not mine.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Tolexander: 9:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: yeah right.
I am sure you deliberately missed my other posts where i corrected that assertion.
out of the abundance in brain the hand types nonsense. FRANCE AND SOUTH EASTERN NIGERIA! A wandering madman wont even dared saying it.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
Cusubaba: Senseless ape. Ugly dirty slowpoke doing what he know how to do best. Stupid internet warrior but coward in real world. I can't believe people like u exist in 21 century. Pig reason better than U. Pls retarded ape remember ur God ThiefAwolowo fought for one Nigeria, so lazy pig like u should wakeup from ur slumber and know that every hardworking Nigerian have right to live and do business every where in Nigeria. Even in those slums in Yoruba land like Ibadan, Ekiti, Ajegule, Lagos etc I.D.I.O.T.

LMAO na so e dey pain you grin grin grin you go soon have hypertension because of Awolowo and Yorubas, I dey talk my own now make una take am easy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Coined The Name 'Naira' For Our Currency by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
its good to know that he gave our currency the name, although I truly dont know the meaning of "Naira" but I heard he committed suicide in order to exit honorably having been caught red-handed planning a takeover. Is it true ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari, Incorruptible, Honest – Gov. Sule Lamido / Betty Anyanwu-Akeredolu Tests Positive For COVID-19 With Her Security Aides / Ibe Kachikwu Visits Exxonmobil Headquarters (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.