Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Web Page to Inbox Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Page to Inbox Help (1495 Views)

How To Make Google Index Your New Blog Post, Web Page Quickly. / How Do I Send Mass Email Directly To Inbox For Internet Marketing And Promotion / Pls Help!how Do I Add A Forum Page To My Website? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Page to Inbox Help by WhiteBaby(m): 2:59am On Aug 13, 2005
I am presently designing a site for a client, who is insisting that stuff from a web form be sent directly to her inbox. Does anybody know cool ways to do this ?
And what webhosts (preferably in Nigeria) support this ?
Re: Web Page to Inbox Help by Seun(m): 3:09am On Aug 13, 2005
What kind of web form? A contact form? (please specify). See http://www.ibdhost.com/contact/

Any web host with PHP support can host scripts that do this thing you're asking. Even someone like me can the code for you if you are ready to pay a bit, or you can just look for free scripts available online especially contact form, and customize.
Re: Web Page to Inbox Help by WhiteBaby(m): 3:29am On Aug 13, 2005
It's a contact's form.
I thought to write such a script, one needs to know the mail program running on the server.
Re: Web Page to Inbox Help by WhiteBaby(m): 4:03am On Aug 13, 2005
Thanks men,
that pointer to ibdhost is all i need.

Thanks again grin cheesy
Re: Web Page to Inbox Help by hotangel2(f): 4:04am On Aug 13, 2005
You are welcome. Although i didn't help. lipsrsealed
Re: Web Page to Inbox Help by smartsoft(m): 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2005
Still need help on contact form
Re: Web Page to Inbox Help by Seun(m): 11:05pm On Aug 18, 2005
Have you even checked the link I offered in my first reply to this thread?
Re: Web Page to Inbox Help by smartsoft(m): 11:11pm On Aug 18, 2005
Yes thats why i pop that question sir... well if he knows php wella. i don't think he will ask.. that here.. so u can see that code on that site.. IF he really knows all about it.. he will customise it.. but just look at it on the other angle if at all he knows notting about it nko ?
Hey white baby.. open a notepad and cop this in and save it as mail.php <?phpinfo();?> and upload it.. that will rather test if the server mail funtion nis enabled. u know most ISP disable that cos of spammers.. so. chk cos if it's not all what u trying to do is notting man.
Re: Web Page to Inbox Help by Seun(m): 1:13am On Aug 19, 2005
Whitebaby: Thanks men,
that pointer to ibdhost is all i need.

Thanks again
lipsrsealed
Re: Web Page to Inbox Help by timmy(m): 4:00pm On Nov 22, 2005
guys relax joo, the guy is happy with what seun gave him, so smartsoft should not proof too smart tongue
Re: Web Page to Inbox Help by smartsoft(m): 2:46am On Nov 23, 2005
lol @ Timmy why you dey tackle me now Dude
Re: Web Page to Inbox Help by timmy(m): 6:19pm On Nov 23, 2005
grin well, u know ure my guy, well just felt like tongue
Re: Web Page to Inbox Help by joftech(m): 4:05am On Feb 01, 2006
Well i don't know if you have got what you want by now (i just saw this now now), but these little PHP script will do the magic for you.

<?
$your_to ="the email adddress you wan to send your msg to"
$your_subject ="the normal subject"
$your_msg = "Whatever your want to put in your mailbox content"
$your_head = "whatever you need for your header, you can even extract the IP address sef if you track"

mail($your_to, $your_subject, $your_msg, $your_head);

echo/print "Your messages has been sent to: $your_to".

?>

Save this script as mymailer.php, save this on the server (your normal directory)

You can jazz it up the way you want by putting up a fancy form and linking the form action to the mymailer.php.

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Javascript To Copy Text From One Field To Another / Hostgator Account Verification Issue! / Converting Html/webpage To Pdf With Php, Asp.net, Java And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.