Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,794 members, 7,798,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

An Adventure With Omalicha, A Responsive Template For Wordpress, Drupal And Joom - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / An Adventure With Omalicha, A Responsive Template For Wordpress, Drupal And Joom (769 Views)

Get Ogbongeblog Responsive Template FREE / How to embed video in smf / Drupal And Joomla Tuition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Adventure With Omalicha, A Responsive Template For Wordpress, Drupal And Joom by nollyj: 2:20am On Mar 01, 2013
This is a learning process and a journey I will undertake as long as time permits. On this post I will share new things I will learn and ask questions to gurus whenever I encounter any problem. Those who want to learn like I do can ride along with me.

I intend to develop a responsive template which will be ported to wordpress, drupal and Joomla. By doing so it will help me understand how the templating system in these three CMS are constructed.

I have mock-up the templates in Photoshop (I am not so good in design but the PSD mockup is free to use and you can modify or change it the way you like.). I used 960 Grid for the layout. Content font size of 13px and a baseline grid of 18px.

I will use Foundation 3 by Zurb as responsive framework on this project. Free feel to use your framework of choice

First I have to recreate the whole PSD mock-up in HTML5 and CSS. This will serves as a base for the three different templates.

The PSD files are more than 10 files and I will only show the home and service files in image format.

You can click the link below it see the home page that I have started coding. You can download all the files here

(Note the file size is 31 MB. If you like you can drop your email and I will send it to you)

I have started with the home page and so far this is what I was able to achieve. I will like your input since it is not yet the final product. The link to the first coded page is http://toscanyacademy.com/omalicha/

I am doing this because I want to improve my skills in web templating.

I will keep up with the updates on work done and questions arising. Feel free to contribute.

(Please note that this is a fictitious website beside its purpose is for learning something new)
Re: An Adventure With Omalicha, A Responsive Template For Wordpress, Drupal And Joom by nollyj: 7:05pm On Mar 09, 2013
I have worked a bit on my template though much is left to be done. I am still missing some few pages and couple of styling. Since it is a work in progress I will like to get feedback on what to improve on. You can see the project here http://toscanyacademy.com/omalicha/index.html

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

a / Obsolete Post! / Urgent Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.