Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,895 members, 7,806,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... (58507 Views)

VISA Denial 21 July 2015. / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again / Denial Of Licence To Airlines: Oduah Has Sectional Agenda - Rep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 04, 2013
Okija_juju:

[b]Like I said, my family and I all were awarded H-1 Visas.. #Fact!

Secondly, I got that Visa in France not Nigeria. I guess that must have also aided it somehow. Funny enough, my two youngest siblings were both 4 & 6 at the time. It was a company that sent us to France, but the American trip was personal. Simply vacationing. Now I am not sure if my father applied for a tourist or professional visa, but simply put, everybody in my house got a H-1 Visa. Infact, my American and U.K Visas (Both obtained in France) were the easiest Visas I have ever gotten in my life. If I tell you the story of my British Visa, you will prolly say I'm also lying. I didn't even have complete documentations with me on that one. Because I was running late and looking for a parking space in Paric (which is a nightmare), I rushed out of the vehicle and forgot one of my envelopes in the car. I thought I had lost it, only for the guy to say and I quote "You are really making my life difficult right now. Anyways, I'm hungry and need to go on my break. Go over there ( pointing towards a cubicle) and pay". I swear it.. That was it.

My belief was that our living and working in France helped. The guy actually said 'Wow! A Family of Professionals. I like that!'. The only Visa I have obtained from Nigeria is my French Shenghen Visa. The interviewer was such an arsehole that day. That was a company trip so I guess he had no choice but to issue me my Visa. ow, I have a French resident Permit. o and by the way, I have only been to the U.S once in my life. Intend to go again in September for my sister in laws wedding.

I know it's surreal, but that's my experience. If you have the patience to look through my post history, I believe I have once said it here that I have never been denied a Visa in my life before, Today, I have U.S H-1 Visa (expired), A British Tourist Visa (expired as well), a French resident permit ( expired) and a Canadian Passport (Recently gotten). Same for everyone in my family of 7.

Don't hate! [/b]
Look at you lying in broad day light and still yet you say i am hating.What am i hating in your case of multiple lies?Who issued you a Canadian passport without going through Canadian resident processing?For the issue of you being issued a H-1 visa the only way it is possible is if your Dad's company included his family for consular processing when they applied for his H-1 visa.Meanwhile on a serious note can you tell us how you got a Canadian passport while you were a Resident of France perhaps you all went through the Canadian skill worker program through your Dad working in Canada for a period of time also?

3 Likes

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Okijajuju1(m): 12:45pm On Mar 04, 2013
chingyjant:
Look at you lying in broad day light and still yet you say i am hating.What am i hating in your case of multiple lies?Who issued you a Canadian passport without going through Canadian resident processing?For the issue of you being issued a H-1 visa the only way it is possible is if your Dad's company included his family for consular processing when they applied for his H-1 visa.Meanwhile on a serious note can you tell us how you got a Canadian passport while you were a Resident of France perhaps you all went through the Canadian skill worker program through your Dad working in Canada for a period of time also?
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Okijajuju1(m): 12:54pm On Mar 04, 2013
chirpywest:
Tell that to ABOKI in Bauchi that ur family filled form for tourist visa and America issued work visa even to the minors. Guy! Do u think you are interacting with Zombees?

P.S: I never said we applied for a tourist visa. I never even saw what forms he filled out, I simply told you what I witnessed at the consulate.

Geddit!
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by mavinc4u(f): 5:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
Okija_juju:

P.S: I never said we applied for a tourist visa. I never even saw what forms he filled out, I simply told you what I witnessed at the consulate.

Geddit!

Alusi okija, you really have time to be replying this people. Is either you believe or you don't- is a 2 ways thing.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by nija50: 11:35am On Mar 09, 2013
this is the 4th time i have been refused a u.s visa in the last one and half years,even after haven travelled to usa for more than eight times in the last 5 years.iam 100% sure i did not break any rules.i have valid visas to many other countries including u.k and canada.my questions are ,
1)what could be the possible reasons?
2)is there any way to find out the reasons?
3)is there any right to appeal?
4)how do i correct this problem if there is any?
5)is there a general problem recently with people who say they are going to buy cars?because thats what i do.
6)how many times can one reapply in a year?

thanks for your candid suggestions

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by chirpywest(m): 11:45am On Mar 09, 2013
nija@50:
this is the 4th time i have been refused a u.s visa in the last one and half years,even after haven travelled to usa for more than eight times in the last 5 years.iam 100% sure i did not break any rules.i have valid visas to many other countries including u.k and canada.my questions are ,
5)is there a general problem recently with people who say they are going to buy cars?because thats what i do.

They see u as a deperado. I advise u not to apply for some years to come.

1 Like

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by deybowlah: 10:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
leonshom: Datz USA 4U, Dey dnt giv a f**k, even when u av all wot it takes, d consular culd stil decide on its own, despite d rules, though, he or she myt av a doubting mind on any application. If ur'e really attracted 2 d US, u can try nxt time, luk @where u fall, and try 2 make amendment. Best of luck nxt time !
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by AutoMahnn: 11:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
nija@50:

I think you should take a break from applying for now until status changes based on your question No. 5, and by the way the answer is yes.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by travelcare: 4:33pm On Mar 11, 2013
derbypiero: since dey av banned u before dey cnt issue u visa till ten yrs u shuld forget abt applying again cos dey will always denie u visa.dis is d new visa policy

Are you sure of what you posted here about 'new policy'? Sometimes, it pays to be silent that utter 'garbage'

3 Likes

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by uist: 9:01pm On May 30, 2013
Hello Nairalanders, Firstly i have to thank those Gurus on this forum, and your contributions and advice, May God continue to bless you all for your good advice and contribution.

Please i need your advice on getting a US visit visa. I am currently a student studying in Serbia, last year 2012 i applied for US B1 visa on a purpose of attending conference related to my field of studies, but i was denied at the US embassy in Serbia, and the CO told me that i don't have strong ties in Serbia. Now i am planning of coming to Nigeria to apply for B1 visa from Nigeria, i want to know the possibility of getting the visa in Nigeria.

i have travel experience in Sweden, Mexico and China on same conference. Please i need your advice on this, and i am applying as self sponsor. Your advice would be highly appreciated.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Nobody: 5:56am On Dec 07, 2013
Applying for US visa can be a daunting experience. I remember it was back in 2000, i was applying for a student visa.......Got there at 5:00am in the morning and waited in the line for hours and hours. I was able to get in at around 1pm noon. I think they let us in in groups of 10 (the main interview/waiting room). By that time i was already super tired /irritable and rightly so. I was so shocked at how everyone ahead of me were getting DENIED....Most if not all of the applicants there were F1-student visa applicants. There was a particular applicant that kept responding to the interviewer with a fake American accent and she was denied flat out. It got to my turn, my face was already hardened and i wasn't happy (I felt Nigerians were being mistreated, considering the stress of waiting for several hours outside in such hot weather). The first question he asked me was, What school are you going to? I answered. He asked what state it was in, i answered. Then he asked for my I-20 and passport, i gave him. Then he went inside for like 45 seconds to a minute. He now came back to tell me to come back for my visa......Since this wasn't the response i was expecting, I replied...OH....DID YOU DENY ME THE STUDENT VISA (With a stern voice)? To which he replied NO SIR, COME BACK FOR YOUR STUDENT VISA (HE GAVE ME A NUMBER AND TIME TO PICK UP). I said thank you and left. The whole experience was surreal cause at that point i was just so tired, the excitement of successfully getting the student visa did not set in until the following couple of days.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Olamotad: 11:40am On Dec 31, 2013
i was at the embassy with a friend last week. he applied for f1 visa. i had to wait praying hard enough for him. at a point i was tired of prayin cuz he was inside for almost 4hrs. this was is experience. the consular ask him. what is he going to do in the u.s?he repield. ask again which state? he repield. y the school. he replied. u didnt pay ur sevis fee. at this point he explained he paid tru a friend in the u.s. it didnt reflect here said the consular. he had to make the payment himself the second time after he was given a form that indicated nd make reference to it. he went back yestaday alone just to be told sorry. ur passport is nt qualified for a visa. this letter explains why. he wasnt even ask any question the second time.none of the evidence documents were checked. BUT on letter claims he has no family ties. what went wrong. this guys just use there free will of judgement to kill nigerians aspirations to school in usa. must u have a relative abroad to get a F1 visa?
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by worry359(m): 4:23pm On Dec 31, 2013
Olamotad
They are NOT saying that he needs family ties abroad!
They want to know his ties to home that will make him come back not stop there.
Things like family, job property.
But also the thing with his money will have been a black mark, so any excuse will do to refuse visa.
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Nobody: 12:40am On Jul 22, 2014
Can visa be granted after wedding or graduation date? Secondly I am single and unemployed, plus travel history to singapore and london. What are my chances?
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Abdulrafii: 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2014
Hnnnnnmmm...I can see people posting about US Visa. I have an extenuating story to share too. First, I am a muslim with two Muslim names and those who are well informed about the US embassy, u will know the possibility of me getting it 10%. My First application was in Belfast, northern Ireland, United Kingdom. I had 8k quid in my barclays bank account and 1year 3months UK Visa on my passport, a fresh masters student of Petroleum and Gas Engineering of University of Manchester UK, paid 20k quid for school fees already, 6k quid for 1year accommodation. ... With all this, i felt i dont have a reason to be denied. I went for the interview and infact i answered all the questions to the extent that the consular was laughed profusely.. I just felt i was going to be approved visa but ehhhhmmmm this man excused me for about 5minutes and came back to say he is sorry he couldnt approve me. He couldnt even look at me. I smiled and said to him "Mr Consular you dont have to feel bad, I understand you have granted alot of visas to people today, I will try my luck next time, He looked shocked and couldnt say a word, I left shaking and terribly disappointed. 7months later, my cohorts applied for a conference visa in embassy in London and they were all given 2years. This heightened my motivation, I also applied for a conference visa, went to the embassy in London. I answered all the questions too and it was same denial. I asked the woman consular this time why i was denied and she asked me to read the paper she gave me. I left the embassy and said to myself it was a deadlock and i wasnt gon apply again. But as my visa in the UK ran out, I became terribly scared, I didnt want to go back to Nigeria and start looking for Job, and Jobs in the Uk are hide and seek... This time my course was rounding off in 2weeks and i knew I may be forced to go back to Nigeria. This time I had about 650quid in ma account, my house accommodation was running out that same month and had just 3month 2weeks visa left in my passport. My friends told me I wont just be denied, but my passport will be seized because its obvious i was too desperate....Hnnnnmmm, unfortunately two of our friends applied for visitation and they were also denied that period which should make me never wanna apply again cos they told them at the embassy their course was finishing in 2weeks. I just woke up one of this days and felt its better to know i tried and was denied rather than to accept DENIAL. I registered for a conference in the US that same day and applied for another conference visa. It will also interest you to know when i applied for the visa, i didnt upload a passport. I was given an appointment day and you will be shocked to hear the only document i went to the embassy with aside the visa form was the conference invitation letter. Didnt print any bank statement or any school letter. I went for appointment and the only thing the beautiful lady asked me was what i was going to do in the US and my invitation letter. I gave her and asked her if she wanted me to tell her anything she said was fine. After a couple of minutes, she said my visa was approved. At first i thought i was hallucinating but then i realised VISA APPLICATION IS JUST LUCK......Never loose hope, always keep trying, there is power is persistence

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Nobody: 2:33am On Aug 17, 2014
@Abdulrafil

Is the conférence over?
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Abdulrafii: 6:52am On Aug 18, 2014
No....The conference is scheduled for the end of this month
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by bakandow11: 8:10am On Aug 23, 2014
please ANYONE WITH FULL DETIALS OF HOW BEST TO GET TO U.S FROM UAE
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by worry359(m): 8:39am On Aug 23, 2014
bakandow11: please ANYONE WITH FULL DETIALS OF HOW BEST TO GET TO U.S FROM UAE
Purchase ticket for airplane,
Get on plane
Fly to America!
SIMPLE grin grin shocked

2 Likes

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by bakandow11: 2:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
brox u dey vex?....pack well and let those with meaningful contribution get chance.

2 Likes

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by bakandow11: 4:47am On Aug 27, 2014
tankx yall, i think its very much okay with OP now unless u go follow him reach interview....ibeg anynews about DV lottery hope ebola wnt coz any omission this time?

2 Likes

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by itstpia1: 5:56am On Aug 27, 2014
i thought they said visa lottery was cancelled, has it been reinstated?

@ topic

i think what most people do is just keep going back until they are issued the visa.

1 Like

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by gennylota: 9:56am On May 05, 2015
ofeseluayakata:
What has God got to do with getting visa?
Everything my brother. God has indeed got everything to do with getting visas. How can you ask that question? document or no document, account or no account and even sometimes confidence or no confidence. its God's favour. I could remember in my case that I lacked confidence like there was never tomorrow and even managed to understand the accent after much much eh eh eh I got my visa. Pray for God's favour@Op

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by gennylota: 10:31am On May 05, 2015
bLacKGoLd3:
You sound like someone who's trying to prove a point....better put, you sound PROUD
Exactly. He sound proud. im even tired of pitying him cool kiss grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Moana(f): 10:42pm On May 05, 2015
Okijajuju1 how do i get h1 visa for my minor kids as well embarassed grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Moana(f): 10:43pm On May 05, 2015
bakandow11:
please ANYONE WITH FULL DETIALS OF HOW BEST TO GET TO U.S FROM UAE
look for a friend with a broom n fly at night

2 Likes

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by lemler: 1:41am On May 19, 2015
Wow It's been a long time I've been here. Man must work.
Ok, just my random thoughts on visa applications from Nigeria

1. Like someone said what has God got to do with a Visa (and you know you go to the embassy with fake documents)

2. People go to school in the US by borrowing i.e school loans- the consular officer is actually very nice by giving you a visa if anyone other than your parents are paying

3. Think for a minute about how many people all over the world apply for a USA visa everyday; your case is not special. To the consular officer, you are just the next number on a list.

4. Imagine you are a Nigerian embassy staff interviewing people who in Somalia, or Niger, or Iran, who want to come to Nigeria, how many people will you give visas to Nigeria. Be honest with yourself!

Peace.

5 Likes

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by lemler: 1:43am On May 19, 2015
I actually pity the consular officers. They have maybe 5 mins to decide whether to give you a Visa or not, and they don't know whether you are Boko haram........

1 Like

Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by sheg105: 3:21pm On Sep 02, 2015
babyfaiz:
I actually just joined nairaland so as to voice out my grievances or will i just say HUGE disappointment. This is my second time applying for US tourist visa within the space of 5 months. The first time I applied with my wife and daughter in the US embassy in Lagos. We were all denied without the consular checking any of our documents.

The reason for denial was quite understandable because I was very nervous after hearing all sorts about US visa interviews. I was almost stuttering at any question the consular put forward to me. On the other hand, my wife was very confident and she really spoke well (shame on me). Please note that I have never been denied visa before as this was my very first visa denial.

I have been to the UK several times, Dubai 3 times, have a schengen visa and I have also been to Turkey 3 times too. My answers in the first interview were not coherent at all. If I can figure out another reason for our denial besides my lack of confidence was that I told the consular that I am an electrical engr whereas I put graphics and interior design when i filled my ds160 form.

The reason is that I am actually an electrical engr and have worked as one in a renowned company, I stopped working as an electrical engineer and pursed another career in a passion of mine .. which is Graphics and interior design.

In my form, it was indicated there that I am graduate of electrical electronics and worked as an engineer for a year but I filled graphics and interior design as my primary occupation. I have been successful as an interior designer and I earn well too.

Now fast forward to my second interview which took place in Abuja, which i believe was more organized but not wot it in my opinion as there were a lot of visa denials and the interview didn't commence until after 3 hours of the scheduled time. Finally the die was cast after long hours of wait, listening to so many people faulter and few successful.

I was now gaining confidence when I found out that most applicant were fidgeting because they weren't confident in there english. Some couldn't even understand the consulars accent. It was really embarrassing watching them.

Now my turn and the interview went thus. where are u going to in the US.. I said Newyork city. Where in Newyork? Sumner place Brooklyn Newyork. Have u been denied before? Yes with my family. Why were u denied? I wouldn't know because the paper they gave me has a generic interpretation and does not address me as an individual? Why Newyork? Because thats like the Lagos of the US, its the commercial, fashion capital and i want to see some tourist attraction places in newyork, I will also take time to shop for my newborn. What do you do? I am a graphics and interior designer. I used to work as an Electrical engineer as I am graduate of elect engineering. How much do you earn monthly? I don't earn monthly because most of my works are contract based but I have been able to average 6 million naira annually in 4 years. how much is your trip going to cost you? I said one million naira because of my hotel acc, ticket and I am also taking time out to shop for my family and my new born. This time i was already broiling with confidence and he felt the sense that i was really prepared. He excused himself for one minute and at this time i was wondering maybe he wanted to ask someone something. I was just expecting him to ask me to present my documents but in his eyes I could see that he knew that I would have everything in place. So, he came back and said... sorry ur visa wont be granted, this paper will explain why. I was dazed, the other applicants were dazed too.

Immediately I came out they (other applicants) told me that they never saw my denial coming because I spoke really well and answered him confidently. I heard after me, he did not even give anybody. as all that came his way were denied.

I am now thinking what went wrong? I can't even place it so I am hoping someone who has experience can tell me what could have happened. is it whot it applying again because I am thinking of applying with my family again.

I also have a newborn. We are all well traveled to at least 4 countries except for the new born. The only relieve I have now is that I am as confident as ever because I believe those consulars can't even challenge me intellectually, they are just normal Americans who believe they are better than us, which is actually wrong.

I feel like I lost a battle to lesser person who couldn't rise to a challenge.

I am so vexed right now, that I am beginning to think..... will I ever visit the USA?
Re: How Painful US Visa Denial Could Be.... by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
babyfaiz:
I actually just joined nairaland so as to voice out my grievances or will i just say HUGE disappointment. This is my second time applying for US tourist visa within the space of 5 months. The first time I applied with my wife and daughter in the US embassy in Lagos. We were all denied without the consular checking any of our documents.

The reason for denial was quite understandable because I was very nervous after hearing all sorts about US visa interviews. I was almost stuttering at any question the consular put forward to me. On the other hand, my wife was very confident and she really spoke well (shame on me). Please note that I have never been denied visa before as this was my very first visa denial.

I have been to the UK several times, Dubai 3 times, have a schengen visa and I have also been to Turkey 3 times too. My answers in the first interview were not coherent at all. If I can figure out another reason for our denial besides my lack of confidence was that I told the consular that I am an electrical engr whereas I put graphics and interior design when i filled my ds160 form.

The reason is that I am actually an electrical engr and have worked as one in a renowned company, I stopped working as an electrical engineer and pursed another career in a passion of mine .. which is Graphics and interior design.

In my form, it was indicated there that I am graduate of electrical electronics and worked as an engineer for a year but I filled graphics and interior design as my primary occupation. I have been successful as an interior designer and I earn well too.

Now fast forward to my second interview which took place in Abuja, which i believe was more organized but not wot it in my opinion as there were a lot of visa denials and the interview didn't commence until after 3 hours of the scheduled time. Finally the die was cast after long hours of wait, listening to so many people faulter and few successful.

I was now gaining confidence when I found out that most applicant were fidgeting because they weren't confident in there english. Some couldn't even understand the consulars accent. It was really embarrassing watching them.

Now my turn and the interview went thus. where are u going to in the US.. I said Newyork city. Where in Newyork? Sumner place Brooklyn Newyork. Have u been denied before? Yes with my family. Why were u denied? I wouldn't know because the paper they gave me has a generic interpretation and does not address me as an individual? Why Newyork? Because thats like the Lagos of the US, its the commercial, fashion capital and i want to see some tourist attraction places in newyork, I will also take time to shop for my newborn. What do you do? I am a graphics and interior designer. I used to work as an Electrical engineer as I am graduate of elect engineering. How much do you earn monthly? I don't earn monthly because most of my works are contract based but I have been able to average 6 million naira annually in 4 years. how much is your trip going to cost you? I said one million naira because of my hotel acc, ticket and I am also taking time out to shop for my family and my new born. This time i was already broiling with confidence and he felt the sense that i was really prepared. He excused himself for one minute and at this time i was wondering maybe he wanted to ask someone something. I was just expecting him to ask me to present my documents but in his eyes I could see that he knew that I would have everything in place. So, he came back and said... sorry ur visa wont be granted, this paper will explain why. I was dazed, the other applicants were dazed too.

Immediately I came out they (other applicants) told me that they never saw my denial coming because I spoke really well and answered him confidently. I heard after me, he did not even give anybody. as all that came his way were denied.

I am now thinking what went wrong? I can't even place it so I am hoping someone who has experience can tell me what could have happened. is it whot it applying again because I am thinking of applying with my family again.

I also have a newborn. We are all well traveled to at least 4 countries except for the new born. The only relieve I have now is that I am as confident as ever because I believe those consulars can't even challenge me intellectually, they are just normal Americans who believe they are better than us, which is actually wrong.

I feel like I lost a battle to lesser person who couldn't rise to a challenge.

I am so vexed right now, that I am beginning to think..... will I ever visit the USA?

This is what I can see wrong.

1. Your salary is 6M per year. You are spending 1M on a trip that is almost 20% of your salary on a vacation. This is the biggest red flag. When I traveled to Nigeria from USA, I only spent about 5% of my salary.

2. Interior design. Graphics design was OK, the interior design part is sketchy. Interior design is a person who arranges furniture and curtains and stuff in houses.

We Americans do not think we are any better than any one else. I am American born and breed. I am my Nigerian fiance's equal. I don't think it was an intellectual challenge against the person. Think of it as a challenge against the presumption of intent to immigrate. If you were a consular officer, what would convince you that a person wasn't trying to immigrate. Go over your case and look for the holes in it and weak spots versus getting into an intellectual battle with someone who isn't fighting you. A refusal is tough, trust me I know. But if you are genuine, keep trying and strengthening your package and once you prove that you have a life in Nigeria that you will not abandon, you will get approved.

Hope that helps

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The New Lagos Airport Terminal That Will Be Commissioned In April 2020 / You Won't Believe This Road Is In Aba! / Photos From The Mass Burial Of Madonna Students Burnt To Death In Road Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.