Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned (23824 Views)

How I Made At Least N7000 Daily From A Job I Discovered On Nairaland / Lady Fired 30mins After Getting Dream Job Because Of Her Tattoo / I Applied For A Job: I Got A Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by Ogbodavies(m): 10:48am On Mar 02, 2013
Guess u'r not in d priority list
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 02, 2013
Except she suspects you have a sketchy character,I don't see the reason why she is ignoring you.Besides why is it so important to you to the extent that you are asking for public help?If you help someone out of free will,you don't need to be the person calling,texting,etc.It shows you are stalking her!!! She is meant to be the caller not you.You have done a good deed by getting her a job,leave her thé hell alone to work for her pay! Abi you won still help her for her shift? undecided undecidedFriends with benefit I guess. undecided

1 Like

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by luvola(m): 10:49am On Mar 02, 2013
bro as i said earlier , you just have to move on.. One thing i had wish to be doing is to help people around me if i have the power... When i was in 300level , God used me to help a lady to secure admission into my dept , the lady later dissassociate her self from , so i just have to move on... I also helped a course mate to secure his nysc posting to ogun state (batch B 2012) without me collecting a dime from him but common to say thank u to the person that helped both of us he didnt yet i still communicate with him still .. The moral of the story is we human beings are different in characters . Expect your reward from God
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by luvola(m): 10:51am On Mar 02, 2013
bro as i said earlier , you just have to move on.. One thing i had wish to be doing is to help people around me if i have the power... When i was in 300level , God used me to help a lady to secure admission into my dept , the lady later dissassociate her self from , so i just have to move on... I also helped a course mate to secure his nysc posting to ogun state (batch B 2012) without me collecting a dime from him but common to say thank u to the person that helped both of us he didnt yet i still communicate with him still .. The moral of the story is we human beings are different in characters . Expect your reward from God ...
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 02, 2013
Wetin u want us to do na? Abeg free the gurl. She don see ordinary 100k for her account she go don de feel like say she be Madam First Lady. For a broke person to see 100k in his/her account for the first time in his/her life makes one start thinking he/she has reached his/her destination.
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by lasunray(m): 10:54am On Mar 02, 2013
lynpetra: Except she suspects you have a sketchy character,I don't see the reason why she is ignoring you.Besides why is it so important to you to the extent that you are asking for public help?If you help someone out of free will,you don't need to be the person calling,texting,etc.It shows you are stalking her!!! She is meant to be the caller not you.You have done a good deed by getting her a job,leave her thé hell alone to work for her pay! Abi you won still help her for her shift? undecided undecidedFriends with benefit I guess. undecided

How can u conclude that am stalking a friend?
For you to call it stalking, I believe you will do the same if you are in her shoes.
am not askin for "PUBLIC HELP". am only "SHARING MY EXPERIENCE" so that we can all learn.
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by lasunray(m): 10:58am On Mar 02, 2013
luvola: bro as i said earlier , you just have to move on.. One thing i had wish to be doing is to help people around me if i have the power... When i was in 300level , God used me to help a lady to secure admission into my dept , the lady later dissassociate her self from , so i just have to move on... I also helped a course mate to secure his nysc posting to ogun state (batch B 2012) without me collecting a dime from him but common to say thank u to the person that helped both of us he didnt yet i still communicate with him still .. The moral of the story is we human beings are different in characters . Expect your reward from God ...

I said earlier that even if she bring anythin in form of gratitude, I will definitely not collect, she knows me. so why are you guys thinking am expecting sth?
"date" or "gratitude" is out of it!
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 02, 2013
lynpetra: Except she suspects you have a sketchy character,I don't see the reason why she is ignoring you.Besides why is it so important to you to the extent that you are asking for public help?If you help someone out of free will,you don't need to be the person calling,texting,etc.It shows you are stalking her!!! She is meant to be the caller not you.You have done a good deed by getting her a job,leave her thé hell alone to work for her pay! Abi you won still help her for her shift? undecided undecidedFriends with benefit I guess. undecided

true woman - the guy has now become a sketchy character stalker

so easy for women to forget where they come from once they see small money

all of you forming big girl among yourselves

1 Like

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by claremont(m): 11:04am On Mar 02, 2013
Do charitable activities for its own sake and not because you require a show of appreciation from anyone. If you follow this principle, you will have unknowingly opened windows of opportunities for yourself.

1 Like

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by Orikinla(m): 11:06am On Mar 02, 2013
[size=18pt]She has used your assistance to get a job and once her aim has been achieved, she did not need you again.
Don't bother about her or expect something in return. Close her file.

I have helped many young women in Nigeria and other countries and even one from Kenya, but I never bothered continuing further communication with them. In fact, I told some of them to stop using my assistance or help to be closer to me.
I don't help people, because I want something in return. In fact, I beg them not to patronize.

Your problem is you were helping her to expect her to pay you back somehow.
You think she owes you since you helped her get the job, but hello! Are you the one doing the job for her?
Delete your bitterness against her, because it is unhealthy.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by shagaman: 11:06am On Mar 02, 2013
People are very funny,a friend of mine sent a cv to me for help ,she nearly killed me with calls,after scaling the second interview she stopped calling,i called her knowing that she was called for 3rd stage interview and asked how far ,she wasn't forthcoming with details,i left her ,fortunately i was among those that did final stage interview for the applicants then,immediately she introduced herself i recalled the name ,then i did my introduction ,and gbaaaaaaaaam she started disturbing with calls,people are like that although she eventually got the job,i just stopped picking her calls,in life you just have to let go, favor is not urs it takes grace to do one and not look back, definitely one gets rewarded by GOD......

3 Likes

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by danduchi(m): 11:07am On Mar 02, 2013
This sounds like my story ooooo..
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by Orikinla(m): 11:08am On Mar 02, 2013
claremont: Do charitable activities for its own sake and not because you require a show of appreciation from anyone. If you follow this principle, you will have unknowingly opened windows of opportunities for yourself.
Good advice.

1 Like

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by crackhouse(m): 11:08am On Mar 02, 2013
you guys are not of the same class now, that's why she dey bone u. after all u are just a student and she is a worker. u don open her eye wella and she don dey see clearer
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by AbrantieGH(m): 11:09am On Mar 02, 2013
OP, be glad you're not in a relationship or married to her

The only way she'd give you the time of day or earn back her respect is to make more Nairas than her.

This relates back to that golden rule: "No matter how rich a woman is, she wants a man who's richer". So all you broke NLders looking for rich women, good luck!

1 Like

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by aljharem(m): 11:09am On Mar 02, 2013
@OP

She used you to get a job and now you are no longer useful to her unless I am not getting the clear picture here. My friend it happens when you decide to help a NIGERIAN LADY rather than your male friends which I am sure you have some without any job.

A Nigerian woman believes her female part can solve all problems so my brother lick your wounds and move on. You are now a pest to her life. grin grin grin grin

Look it happens wink

1 Like

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by feminineA: 11:12am On Mar 02, 2013
@ op abeg make I send u my cv??. No jokes o
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by AbrantieGH(m): 11:14am On Mar 02, 2013
alj harem: @OP

She used you to get a job and now you are no longer useful to her unless I am not getting the clear picture here. My friend it happens when you decide to help a NIGERIAN LADY rather than your male friends which I am sure you have some without any job.

A Nigerian woman believes her female part can solve all problems so my brother lick your wounds and move on. You are now a pest to her life. grin grin grin grin

Look it happens wink

My guy, this is not specific to Nigerian women. ALL women are wired like that. Some more so than others.
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by luvola(m): 11:16am On Mar 02, 2013
@ lasun - i decode your point ..u just have to move on.. I cant view/send a pm message on n.l...can i drop my cv to any e-mail u give me ? Cheers bro
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 02, 2013
Decryptor: A very typical example of the kind of ladies that MEN SHOULD NEVER ASSIST! SMH

A typical kind of men that will exploit you when they help you.SMFH

1 Like

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by SisiKill1: 11:18am On Mar 02, 2013
Good God! Why is it always about sex with Naija men?

Why must every dealing you guys have with women end up in sexxx?

You smile at a woman, you expect sexxx in return.

You give her a lift, you expect sexxx in return.

You conduct business....Real one, you find a way to slip talk of sexxx into it.

If she agrees, she's an ashawo. if she doesn't....she's ungrateful.

What is the matter with you people??!! Even dogs who are supposed to be indiscriminate....have some measure of control. Haba!!!!

@ OP
I am sure she has thanked you, shown her appreciation in every possible way she can without compromising herself but going by the responses from most of the guys here, it is safe to conclude you don't think it's enough until you have seen her underwear. . .that or you have convinced yourself you deserve a portion of her salary. Why else would you add the little tidbit about you "still schooling"

God save us from helpers who believe we must be indebted to them for life. undecided

2 Likes

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by uzeba(m): 11:18am On Mar 02, 2013
Guy!! I think say i say u dey skul!! I will advise u to face ur education and live a working class girl alone!! Na levels!!! #kapish#
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by AbrantieGH(m): 11:18am On Mar 02, 2013
lynpetra:

A typical kind of men that will exploit you when they help you.SMFH

Come on! OP hooked her up with a good paying job. Isn't that a wonderful deed? He just wants to remain friends with her for whatever reason, is that exploitation?
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by victorian(f): 11:19am On Mar 02, 2013
Majority of people are ungrateful, it's in both male and female.. Just help without looking for reward In return...that's the way, I do mine.
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by dulphines: 11:21am On Mar 02, 2013
ypzilanti: From your post, I gather that you are young. Well listen very carefully to what I am going to tell you:

PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS DISAPPOINT YOU.

Get used to it. It is human nature.

I'm surprised that no one commenting has even deciphered the real reason behind this wahala.

The op helped a lady he had hidden affections for to get a job. The lady knows that he wants a little more and hence she is avoiding him. In her warped reasoning, she thinks she owes the guy and is avoiding an uncomfortable situation.

But my dear OP...seriously, you do not need ungrateful people in your circle of friends. Not saying she should have jumped into bed with you because you got her a job, but she should at least respect the fact that you made an impact in her life. What am I saying...maybe na you begin pester her life. Story dey sweet from the mouth of the teller.
Correct! The OP is definately in love and u'r right in ur analysis.
Come to think of it, is the OP a recruitment agent? I need a new job. lol
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by AbrantieGH(m): 11:21am On Mar 02, 2013
In this particular case, I think it is the woman doing all the exploitation.

For all we know, she probably gave out a lot of green lights prior to securing that job.
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by delishpot: 11:22am On Mar 02, 2013
If only I had a penny for everybody I help in one way or the other that later decided I am no more needed. I help people for the sake of God and humanity now. If in future the poerson decides to help me too in my hour of need I consider it a favour not a right and I thank them as they deserve.

So dear OP, move on and don't stop helping. But one advice I have for you is, don't help when it hurts. If you have 1 naira and you need to buy something, don't out of pity give it to someone else who begs you but if you have 2 naira and you need 1 naira to buy stuff and someone comes to beg 1 naira if you feel led to give, then go ahead. That way if they appreciate or not you know you dint suffer to make them comfortable. It should be a leveled field.
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by kennyjvip: 11:24am On Mar 02, 2013
dats ladies for uoooo
EVEN FOR DAT UR SCHOOL DONT TRY AND HELP THEM IN EXAM ALL OOOO
IF THERE IS ANY TH DEN GO DENY U OOOO
I PREFER HELPIN MY GUY FRD THAN GIRL

1 Like

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by marabout(m): 11:26am On Mar 02, 2013
@OP,

It is the "Madonna Phenomenon".

Madonna the singer used different people at different stages of her career and dumped them once she got to another level.

People (especially women) are like that. They think they use their feminine charm to fool you and get their way.

I had a longstanding female friend who became like a family member. Very pretty. People would think she was my babe BUT I value friendship and don't mix love affair with it.
In difficulties when other friends left her, I was there to help. Financially, morally etc.
I thought she made mistakes but who doesn't. As a friend I have to help and advice and not judge. Through me she settled down with a friend of mine and they have kids now.

Ol' boy, not even the birth of my kids moved her to visit. Only expressing remorse when we bump into each other downtown.
That's just one case. These days I a bit suspicious of people wh want help.

I still help though.

1 Like

Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by johnnobles: 11:26am On Mar 02, 2013
A lot of the comments here is out of place. Here is a your lad who was magnanimous enough to help secure an employment to a close platonic friend, and now rendered him incommunicado for whatever selfish reasons. I put it forth that she is an ungrateful person.
I will advice that against all odd, locate her and be Frank about what you feel about this even if it may generate to quarrel, do it after all in any relationship we must disagree to agree. It should not impede u however in giving help to others.
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by kooto(m): 11:27am On Mar 02, 2013
I understand exactly how you fill, my suggestion is let her be, anytime she says hi say hi, don't think or look that direction again, you have done her good.
Re: After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 02, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Good God! Why is it always about sex with Naija men?

Why must every dealing you guys have with women end up in sexxx?

You smile at a woman, you expect sexxx in return.

You give her a lift, you expect sexxx in return.

You conduct business....Real one, you find a way to slip talk of sexxx into it.

If she agrees, she's an ashawo. if she doesn't....she's ungrateful.

What is the matter with you people??!! Even dogs who are supposed to be indiscriminate....have some measure of control. Haba!!!!

@ OP
I am sure she has thanked you, shown her appreciation in every possible way she can without compromising herself but going by the responses from most of the guys here, it is safe to conclude you don't think it's enough until you have seen her underwear. . .that or you have convinced yourself you deserve a portion of her salary. Why else would you add the little tidbit about you "still schooling"

God save us from helpers who believe we must be indebted to them for life. undecided

abegi!

i have seen it in my office sef - women use the influence of men to advance, and once they feel safe in their position, they cut the guys off.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Just Got A New Job / Nigerian Defence Academy Speaks On Recruitment / Got A New Job January 3rd After So Many Months Of Searching In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.