Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,018 members, 7,803,408 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? (6774 Views)

Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? / Guys: What Is The Highest Amount You Would Spend On A First Date? / Warning Signs That Your Girl Doesn't Love You Anymore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 7:53pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mynd_44:
Not a racist but something along that line. Same way I would call someone who chooses not to date black people racist

I choose not to date white men. So this means I'm racist? NO. Preference is NOT racism.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by yuzedo: 7:59pm On Mar 04, 2013
Reading back on your comments, replies and tone, I do commend your maturity and coolness, not resorting to insults or defensive, cagey, uncouth and ratchety behaviour shows you might really have some class and intelligence.

However, bottomline still remains: Your message is in poor taste, and your desire is quite selfish and shor-sighted. I'd ask that you reconsider, but that would be an exercise in futility. As you said, to each his own.

Therefore, I wish you best of luck. Cheers.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Mynd44: 8:00pm On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib:

I choose not to date white men. So this means I'm racist? NO. Preference is NOT racism.
Keep telling yourself that

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 8:08pm On Mar 04, 2013
yuzedo: Reading back on your comments, replies and tone, I do commend your maturity and coolness, not resorting to insults or defensive, cagey, uncouth and ratchety behaviour shows you might really have some class and intelligence.

However, bottomline still remains: Your message is in poor taste, and your desire is quite selfish and shor-sighted. I'd ask that you reconsider, but that would be an exercise in futility. As you said, to each his own.

Therefore, I wish you best of luck. Cheers.

At the end of the day I spend just as much money on my man. I guess I raised the right topic for the wrong crowd.

Cheers
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Kirinwa: 8:47pm On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib:

At the end of the day I spend just as much money on my man. I guess I raised the right topic for the wrong crowd.

Cheers

No No No.It's not about wrong crowd.Are you trying to say that because we don't agree with you we're wrong crowd?You even used the word villagers to address us earlier.
I can only understand what will happen if your guy disagrees with you on some key issues.
Remember so far no one has supported your line of reasoning.Even your fellow girls don't understand you more less us.
Girl grow up.Age has little or nothing to do with maturity.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 9:23pm On Mar 04, 2013
Kirinwa:

No No No.It's not about wrong crowd.Are you trying to say that because we don't agree with you we're wrong crowd?You even used the word villagers to address us earlier.
I can only understand what will happen if your guy disagrees with you on some key issues.
Remember so far no one has supported your line of reasoning.Even your fellow girls don't understand you more less us.

For starters, I don't need other women to back me up. Secondly, what does wanting a beautiful/expensive engagement ring have to do with maturity? Last but not least, yes it's all about the crowd. The way you all reacted to my sentiments--especially the men, gives me a great understanding of what kind of crowd I'm dealing with.

Some of you took great offence to my opinion and even insulted me. That just says it all.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2013
Kirinwa:

If I told a person who's struggling to feed himself or his family I spend $300/week on manicure & pedicure, they too would feel insulted. So of course the "crowd" has everything to do with it.

Anyways, I wouldn't force anyone live outside of their means. I was just stating my opinion. My engagement ring should cost 3months worth of salary. Just principles. A grown man won't have an issue with it.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Truckpusher(m): 10:05pm On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib:

If I told a person who's struggling to feed himself or his family I spend $300/week on manicure & pedicure, they too would feel insulted. So of course the "crowd" has everything to do with it.

Anyways, I wouldn't force anyone live outside of their means. I was just stating my opinion. My engagement ring should cost 3months worth of salary. Just principles. A grown man won't have an issue with it.
if your man is ok with the whole idea of spending his hard earned three month salary on engagement ring only ,then go ahead but lemme assure you that the day he loses his financial security and things didn't change for good for a very long time, he'll despise you........truth is no sane man respects a woman that makes him spend unesscearily no matter how rich he is.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Truckpusher(m): 10:09pm On Mar 04, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Gold digger.

God help you when you get married and your husband loses his position financially and can no longer give you extravagent things.
grin grin don't worry she'll start running after money bags to survive.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Sweetlemon(f): 10:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
E eya!
I have been going through and studying the op's comments.
No, she's not a gold-digger. Just a helpless cinderalla romantic who has been dreaming of her wedding and prince charming for so long that she's so reluctant to wake up to reality. smiley
Op, no need to feel bad joor. Most girls dream, or have dreamt of diamond rings at one point in time or the other. Only thing is that as we grow older, we start waking up to reality that not all of us will be lucky enough to marry such men and so we start to lower our standards and console ourselves with stuff like "things will get better" "I'm not materialistic so I don't care" etc.
Op, there's no crime in wanting a man who can spoil you with money, but please, don't put your mind on ready made only, look out for potentials as well. A hardworking, focused, self-controlled, well connected guy is a keeper my dear, even if he hasn't yet hit the jack pot.
ABOVE ALL, make sure a man loves you!!! The contents of a man's heart is more important than his bank acc. You may meet a rich guy who can afford a giant rock but may make your life miserable afterwards. So endeavor to see the man's heart first before accepting his ring o! This is however not to say that broke guys do not have their own wahala (talking from experience)
Let me finish off by saying that when a man really loves a woman, he gives her the best, materially, physically, mentally, socially, spiritually, etc. So saving 3 months salary for a ring shouldn't be too much wahala for him esp as she will be wearing it forever.
However, bear in mind that for most guys, buying an engagement ring is an emotinal issue. Most guys spend according to how special the girl is. The more special she is, the more beautiful the ring will be, so op, concerntrate more on being a special girl to the man whose ring you will wish for and watch him bring your dreams to reality.
Goodluck op!
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 10:33pm On Mar 04, 2013
Sweetlemon: E eya!
No, she's not a gold-digger. Just a helpless cinderalla romantic who has been dreaming of her wedding and prince charming for so long that she's so reluctant to wake up to reality. smiley
Op, no need to feel bad joor. Most girls dream, or have dreamt of diamond rings at one point in time or the other. Only thing is that as we grow older, we start waking up to reality that not all of us will be lucky enough to marry such men and so we start to lower our standards and console ourselves with stuff like "things will get better" "I'm not materialistic so I don't care" etc.
Op, there's no crime in wanting a man who can spoil you with money, but please, don't put your mind on ready made only, look out for potentials as well. A hardworking, focused, self-controlled, well connected guy is a keeper my dear, even if he hasn't yet hit the jack pot.
ABOVE ALL, make sure a man loves you!!! The contents of a man's heart is more important than his bank acc. You may meet a rich guy who can afford a giant rock but may make your life miserable afterwards. So endeavor to see the man's heart first before accepting his ring o! This is however not to say that broke guys do not have their own wahala (talking from experience)
Let me finish off by saying that when a man really loves a woman, he gives her the best, materially, physically, mentally, socially, spiritually, etc. So saving 3 months salary for a ring shouldn't be too much wahala for him esp as she will be wearing it forever.
However, bear in mind that for most guys, buying an engagement ring is an emotinal issue. Most guys spend according to how special the girl is. The more special she is, the more beautiful the ring will be, so op, concerntrate more on being a special girl to the man whose ring you will wish for and watch him bring your dreams to reality.
Goodluck op!

Thank you! I agree with you. Just to make another point I have my own money. I can buy anything for myself. I was just refering to wanting a gorgeous engagement ring from my man. If it wasn't for engagement purposes I could very well purchase it myself.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 10:35pm On Mar 04, 2013
Truckpusher: if your man is ok with the whole idea of spending his hard earned three month salary on engagement ring only ,then go ahead but lemme assure you that the day he loses his financial security and things didn't change for good for a very long time, he'll despise you........truth is no sane man respects a woman that makes him spend unesscearily no matter how rich he is.

I spend $300/week for mani/pedi of my OWN money. I have a very good JOB. Once AGAIN this was just about engagement rings. Damn!
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by kilimanjaro(m): 10:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
Sweetlemon: E eya!
Goodluck op!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by kilimanjaro(m): 10:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
yuzedo: Bia, you dis foolish geh with your wicked message, you dey sell ring? Na market you dey market your business so?! undecided

See as you dey ginger as if say na beans. You don't even care about love, you just wan makes sure say your ring fine pass your neighbour own.. Shiorr! Na una type dey marry at 40yrs, divorce at 41yrs! angry

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:04pm On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib:

I spend $300/week for mani/pedi of my OWN money. I have a very good JOB. Once AGAIN this was just about engagement rings. Damn!
Yeah yeah! Even beggars would come online and claim dey own Bar-beach. Na2day?
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 11:11pm On Mar 04, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Yeah yeah! Even beggars would come online and claim dey own Bar-beach. Na2day?

Sure. But I'm not one of them. I'm a career woman. I have a great job & can afford about anything. Nice try though.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Idowuogbo(f): 11:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib:

Sure. But I'm not one of them. I'm a career woman. I have a great job & can afford about anything. Nice try though.
Buy ur own damn 109karat ring den! Jeez! U gon make a niggah spend 14k on a damn ring? Am guessing u gon triple dat for the wedding band.smh'
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by 2goodbobo(m): 11:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
When all fingers are pointing to you, then their is something wrong. Nobody is saying you should not get what you want, but learn to be considerate. What if he can't afford such amount of ring? What if he wakes up one morning and give you a ring that is not worth the amount you wanted? What will you do? Will you reject it?

Between is very wrong for you to construe that we are "villagers" in these forum simply because almost everybody is not in consonant with you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Acidosis(m): 11:31pm On Mar 04, 2013
$15K for engagement ring I dey mad??

A graduate Nigerian soldier for instance would have to carry a gun and risk his life for 10months to save that amount (no feeding from the money, no purchase, no donations, nothing!) smiley

Again I say; I dey mad?

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 04, 2013
@op, i don't get it. Is it that he must spend $15K dollars on ur ring or 3 months salary. As in 1/4 of his yearly income for that particular year that he got married would be spent on engagement ring. As in, he's not gonna pay rent or feed or save for the space of those 3 months Even if he makes $15K dollars per month (just saying), he should buy a ring of $45K for you Pls, explain.

@lemonade, welcum baaakkkkkkkkkiiiiiii ooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gosh, u're a wonderful character! Anywayz, good to see you post something with this id again.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by jmoore(m): 11:39pm On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib:

I was just stating my opinion. My engagement ring should cost 3months worth of salary. Just principles. A grown man won't have an issue with it.

"fairy tale principles"
grown man? Ask your dad how much he spent on your own mother's engagement ring.
You need to grow up!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Acidosis(m): 11:51pm On Mar 04, 2013
jmoore:

"fairy tale principles"
You need to grow up!

we need feedback..
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by adconline(m): 11:53pm On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib:

Both my husband and I are going to be financing our wedding. I didn't say I wanted an expensive wedding. I want a nice intimate meaningful wedding ceremony. I just want a gorgeous engagement ring. Is that too much to ask for?

For a guy to spend $15k on a ring without financing, he's probably making like $100/yr. 25k for taxes, his take home 75K, out of which he's going to spend 15k from discretionary fund cos he has other bills to pay. When was the last time u got urself $15k gift? Shouldn't u love urself more or are u looking for a man that would underwrite your expenses for happiness?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 11:53pm On Mar 04, 2013
jmoore:

"fairy tale principles"
You need to grow up!

My father spent $35, 000 on my mother's engagement ring. Any more questions? I'll wait.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Acidosis(m): 11:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib:

My father spent $35, 000 on my mother's engagement ring. Any more questions? I'll wait.

I want to believe your above 23years..

Your Nationality pls?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 11:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
2goodbobo: When all fingers are pointing to you, then their is something wrong. Nobody is saying you should not get what you want, but learn to be considerate. What if he can't afford such amount of ring? What if he wakes up one morning and give you a ring that is not worth the amount you wanted? What will you do? Will you reject it?

Between is very wrong for you to construe that we are "villagers" in these forum simply because almost everybody is not in consonant with you.

My dad gives my mom everything she wants. My dad has always treated me like a princess. I expect my man to do the same. As I mentioned earlier, "right topic, wrong crowd" -- it's that simple.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by jmoore(m): 11:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib:

thats why I said you need to grow up, liar liar!
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 11:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
Acidosis:

I want to believe your above 23years..

Your Nationality pls?

I am 22 years old -- I am half Chinese and half Congolese.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
u've not answered my own question.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 12:00am On Mar 05, 2013
jmoore:
thats why I said you need to grow up, liar liar!

I am a liar? So you know my life? I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I come from a rich family. I am surprised you lot are so shocked at the fact that I want a $15, 000 ring when some of my friends have gotten $25, 000 dollar rings. I REALLY wonder what you would think of them!

Listen if the man can afford it, WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Acidosis(m): 12:01am On Mar 05, 2013
HisRib:

I am 22 years old -- I am half Chinese and half Congolese.
I'm tired of hearing/seeing half this & that!
You're congolese living in Chinese
or
Your Dad is Congolese married to a chinese (mum)

Either way, you're still a Congolese!

So ma, where and when (22+years ago) did Dad proposed to mum?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by adconline(m): 12:01am On Mar 05, 2013
HisRib:

Fairy tales continue! One of those stories where ur parents were superhumans and years ahead of their peers. They always came on top in all their endeavors until adulthood caught up with them.. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Was Wrong. I Have Finally Found The Nairalander With The Biggest Boobs / FACTS ABOUT INTIMACY / Women Describes How They Truly Feel About Their Honey Pot Read 18+(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.