Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,598 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos (31476 Views)

Nigerian Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos / Gay Church Opens In Igboland / Gay Church In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by adewale2011(m): 8:41am On Mar 03, 2013
Less than five years after Nigeria-only gay church, House of Rainbow, was attacked by some Lagos residents and consequently closed down in Nigeria, the church has returned to the country with three secret groups in the African most populous nation.

Nigerian Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos

2 March, 2013

Less than five years after Nigeria-only gay church, House of Rainbow, was attacked by some Lagos residents and consequently closed down in Nigeria, the church has returned to the country with three secret groups in the African most populous nation.

With this development, Nigeria appears to lead other countries where the church currently operates.

Founded by Nigerian-born gay, Rev. Rowland Jide Macaulay, House of Rainbow, which came to Nigeria in 2006, is “an inclusive and affirming religious community open and welcome to all people including sexual minorities and marginalised people, a monthly gathering of ‘people of faith’ for ‘prayer and praise’, which focuses on the person’s journey towards reconciliation of sexuality and spirituality.”

Macaulay, a trained lawyer and son of a reverend who owns a massive church in Lagos, is leading the comeback even though he remains in self-imposed exile in London, where sources said he currently enjoys lots of financial sponsorship for the movement.

Unlike in the pre-2008 when the church openly operated at Jakande Estate, Isolo, and Berger in Lagos, Macaulay, who is the backbone of the movement, is not secretive of the meeting places and time of the church in Nigeria, but has instituted a very stringent process to screen prospective members of coming to join the church.

It was learnt that aside Nigeria, the church has two groups each in Ghana and United Kingdom (UK).

“We now have new groups in Malawi and Ghana. There are currently three groups in Nigeria, two each in Ghana and the UK and one each in Malawi, Lesotho and Burundi. All these groups are managed by volunteers,who are appointed through a rigorous ‘Local Leader Application’ process.

“We currently have 12 appointed Local Leaders in 6 countries. Currently we have over 25 outstanding applications for local leaders including, but not limited to the following locations: France, Netherlands, Cote d’Ivoire. This has continued to strengthen the interest and work of House Of Rainbow particularly in Africa,” Macaulay

http://www.africanewspost.com/2013/03/nigerian-gay-church-resume-operations.html
Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by adewale2011(m): 8:43am On Mar 03, 2013
may God help us o!!!!

Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by Onims1(f): 9:22am On Mar 03, 2013
Awon eleyi ti ya were,walahi...God!!!U're too patient,no b say I holy pass o...but somethings no just s'pose go without instant judgement...kilode gan......

Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by nedu2000(m): 10:36am On Mar 03, 2013
D fact dat they identify themselves as a church,is what's paining me

Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by achinaboy(m): 10:50am On Mar 03, 2013
If this the part they chose,let it be well with them,if they could change,i biliv maost of them would,,leave the judgement for God to deliver,i biliv the way we sees them might not be the way God sees them,they are doing what they thinks is wright and the straight are also doing what they thinks is wright,,,just saying

Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by adewale2011(m): 1:49pm On Mar 03, 2013
God is just too merciful on the people

Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 03, 2013
"Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm" - isnt dat wat u people say?most of ur beloved pastors too are gays;do sometin about dat too

Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by adewale2011(m): 3:49pm On Mar 03, 2013
name the pastor u suspect
Segeggs: "Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm" - isnt dat wat u people say?most of ur beloved pastors too are gays;do sometin about dat too

Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by MacDaddy01: 3:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
lmao grin grin grin
Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 03, 2013
d way ijawkid dey attracted to this pages, i don dey suspect am sef.. grin
Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by ijawkid(m): 4:06pm On Mar 03, 2013
..... Must they go to or form a church??...what madness!!!....why not be Gays and stay at home.......yeye disgusting people!!!.....angry
Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by ijawkid(m): 4:07pm On Mar 03, 2013
musKeeto: d way ijawkid dey attracted to this pages, i don dey suspect am sef.. grin

Hehehehe......the people don tire me.......lol....
Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by collins123(m): 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2013
[size=24pt]Who cares? E go still reach FP anyway.[/size]

Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by italo: 8:04pm On Mar 03, 2013
ijawkid: ..... Must they go to or form a church??...what madness!!!....why not be Gays and stay at home.......yeye disgusting people!!!.....angry

Why can't they form a "church" when you can form yours?

Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by Ubenedictus(m): 3:18am On Mar 04, 2013
italo:

hehehe, it seem the contemporary definition of church is : "an organisation of people of similar religious interest especially linked with Jesus christ".

Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by ijawkid(m): 6:40am On Mar 04, 2013
italo:

Why stress themselves trying to serve God when deep down they know they are wasting there bloody time............but abeg o italo u dey support them??shocked
Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by ijawkid(m): 6:41am On Mar 04, 2013
Ubenedictus: hehehe, it seem the contemporary definition of church is : "an organisation of people of similar religious interest especially linked with Jesus christ".

E be like u dey get my point......cheesy
Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by MacDaddy01: 6:41am On Mar 04, 2013
ijawkid:

Why stress themselves trying to serve God when deep down they know they are wasting there bloody time............but abeg o italo u dey support them??shocked

He is just making the point that your church is as fake as theirs. JW's and their failed prophecies

Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by jerk: 6:53am On Mar 04, 2013
satan is really taking full control of the world.

Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by italo: 8:42am On Mar 04, 2013
ijawkid:

MacDaddy01:
He is just making the point that your church is as fake as theirs. JW's and their failed prophecies
Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by Yvete(f): 2:20pm On Mar 04, 2013
Nigerian gay church? Is this a joke or something? Hehehe grin
Here they come with another behavioral group. Some money hungry pastors will soon start identifying their churches as 'Gay-friendly ministries" in search of members and resources. SMH

Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by pazienza(m): 10:17pm On Mar 04, 2013
ijawkid:

Deep down wetin? Abeg park one side. Are you in their hearts?

It's just like a mary-worshipper saying that deep down the hearts of protestants,that they know that honouring mary is the way. Does it make sense to you?

Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 04, 2013
Why that picture, @OP, of all other pictures you could post? What are you tryna do?
_
If you're in want of gay kiss images, just say the word and I'll get you the sexiest images you can ever dream of.

Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by AjanleKoko: 4:11pm On Mar 05, 2013
Sounds like some kinda scam, actually undecided
Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by timpaker(m): 4:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
WTF!!! Police may arrest them during offering time... let them better be watchful.. there are more vacant rooms in the Prison

Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by Nasri100(m): 4:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
SimonAndal: Why that picture, @OP, of all other pictures you could post? What are you tryna do?
_
If you're in want of gay kiss images, just say the word and I'll get you the sexiest images you can ever dream of.

username is Gay! SimonAnal cheesy
Re: Gay Church Resume Operations In Lagos by adexsimply(m): 4:15pm On Mar 05, 2013
Onim's:
Awon eleyi ti ya were,walahi...God!!!U're too patient,no b say I holy pass o...but somethings no just s'pose go without instant judgement...kilode gan......
KINTUS NI... grin

"Why Masturbation Was The Biggest Sin For Me To Overcome" / Bad Effects Of Gambling and why its a sin / Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi