Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,798 members, 7,806,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) (25345 Views)

Fashola Visits Thermal Station Enugu State (photos) / Fashola Visits Niger State In Traditional Attire (photos) / Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 04, 2013
Jah Man: I guess your Fashola will soon close Otto food market also because that one is too filthy for a food market.He might not do that since the traders constitute roughly 50:50 between his people and Igbos.
If you have gone to buy something at Ladipo,you will pity those Igbo boys.
After purchasing some motor parts,I was stopped by some hoodlums who demanded to know the worth of what I bought.My customer intervened and they collected their normal fee.I mean those jobless Yoruba omo-oniles collect fees from not only the traders but buyers. What are the levies meant for? To clean up the place ofcourse.

Aside from these levies,the traders are also meant to do weekly clean up every Thursday to clean their environment before opening shop. The leaders enforce this.
But tell me how far they can clean up the place when the levies paid are shared from Alausa down to the 'Area boys'? Then the dirty neighbourhood dump their bags of gabbage inside for them to clean up. Same rubbish I noticed in one area in Lagos.
It is a subtle plot for Fashola to close their shops with their goods in there while He and his cronies think about what to convert the place to. If eventually it retains its status as spare part market,then those Igbo traders will pay through their noses to get a tiny slot. Ask Tejuosho traders and understand.
I dislike the subtle way Fashola and his team are making those Igbo traders to suffer and every time you want them to clap for him because he appointed 'their brother' as a commissioner.
Even in finding a school for your ward is now tougher than getting a US visa in Lagos. Imagine after paying an annual tax in 7-digits to this ungrateful state,all the roads in my area are death traps,area boys are ignored to operate freely,while I cannot enjoy the benefit of sending a househelp to a decent public school.
Let no untamed surfer tell me to relocate to my place. I am ready to do that for a very long time if only my kind of job is not situated in head office but in regions.
Enough of this hype of Fashola being a performing governor,he is plain annoying.

Will you please keep quiet and stop peddling falsehood on this forum?

The only so called hoodlums you pay are those jobless union boys that man the exit gate and some points at the market..

That is partly the funds that the union executives feed fat on, almost making the positions a do or die affair to occupy.

You guys should just quit this silly propaganda already.! undecided

The other rants in your comment are not worth any decent response.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 04, 2013
Shankboye:

dumb! the government should be the one cleaning up? chai.... government is suppose to pickup and not clean up...haha when una wan dey think straight self

A 'straight thinker' indeed! straight thinkers read, meditate and comprehend before responding. Its not my fault that you are incapable of none of those. Now let me help you 'straight thinker': There is no place in my post i asserted the above claim of yours, rather I only helped your brother OKIJA JUJU(dont know if he is a 'straight thinker' too. seems u 'straight thinkers' write what u can't comprehend) understand what he asserted in his double-mouthed post.

Could have ignored you as am very busy at the moment, but I hate it when Ignorance takes precedence over Literacy. Cheers!
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by BashMe1(m): 1:10pm On Mar 04, 2013
GARRI (x7):
These IGBO traders in Lagos are very senseless. After making 100 billion daily see the mess they're creating.

Fashola was kind to have only closed the market, the traders ought to have been arrested and charged for degrading the environment and constituting a nuisance to the health, lives and well-being of other law-abiding Lagosians..

angry

Thumbs up 4 dat beautiful and sensible write-up bruv. wink

Tell em well.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by seguno2: 1:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
oche_ejemb: People clean after themselves in these places. They dont dump garbage into drainage or block everywhere with illegal stalls. Here in the UK you face a hefty fine if your dog poos on the street and you dont clear up of it, and God help you if you are caught dumping garbage somewhere you shouldt. On top of this they also pay hefty sums per month as council tax to cover garbage disposal.

You did not read that traders pay for garbage disposal to LGAs i.e. equivalent of your UK councils?
What did the [size=13pt]Mushin LG chairman and other responsible PUBLIC SERVANTS and their agents do about sanitation and environmental cleanliness[/size] before Fashola dey go do Nollywood showman for camera there?
Abi the people wey dey for UK gather two heads

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by seguno2: 1:23pm On Mar 04, 2013
Jah Man: I dislike the subtle way Fashola and his team are making those Igbo traders to suffer and every time you want them to clap for him because he appointed 'their brother' as a commissioner.
Even in finding a school for your ward is now tougher than getting a US visa in Lagos. Imagine after paying an annual tax in 7-digits to this ungrateful state,all the roads in my area are death traps,area boys are ignored to operate freely,while I cannot enjoy the benefit of sending a househelp to a decent public school.
Let no untamed surfer tell me to relocate to my place. I am ready to do that for a very long time if only my kind of job is not situated in head office but in regions.
Enough of this hype of Fashola being a performing governor,he is plain annoying.

So what stops the Igbo people to organise and mobilise themselves where they have the numbers to contest and win LGA councillor/chairman and state assembly legislator?
What
Is that not better than whining about paying 7-digit taxes and getting poor services and public utilities?
Na we sef dey woujure ourselves pass!!!
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by seguno2: 1:27pm On Mar 04, 2013
ilugunboy:

The only so called hoodlums you pay are those jobless union boys that man the exit gate and some points at the market..

That is partly the funds that the union executives feed fat on, almost making the positions a do or die affair to occupy.

So Fashola upon all the gra, gra and top of sey im be Chief Security Officer plus collect money for sake of extra funding for security cannot handle "those jobless union boys"?
Maybe he should follow Pope Benedict's example - If you can no longer handle the job, RESIGN!!!
To whom much is given much is expected.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Obiora4life: 1:28pm On Mar 04, 2013
As for me o, I'll be blunt as usual, this complain will continue if drastic measures are not put in place. Fashola has embarked on a campaign to clean Lagos, OK no argument, however, the way he handles it is just ridiculous. This guys pay their numerous taxes to the government monthly and the govt is responsible for environmental disposal. Well, let's wait and see how he will handle it, if the traders are sensible, they will begin to think other alternatives.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Uwanma(f): 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
This has subtly degenerated into tribalism with "Igbo" and "omo n'ile" being the focus. And that, my people, is the number one challenge facing us as a nation; disunity. Heartbreaking... We should be able to discuss the issue without emphasis on tribe et al. Just saying...

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 04, 2013
seguno2:

So Fashola upon all the gra, gra and top of sey im be Chief Security Officer plus collect money for sake of extra funding for security cannot handle "those jobless union boys"?
Maybe he should follow Pope Benedict's example - If you can no longer handle the job, RESIGN!!!
To whom much is given much is expected.

Comprehension is your problem and sorry I can't help you if you can't decipher the context I made that comment.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by JahMan1: 1:34pm On Mar 04, 2013
I could have been furious about your insult if not that I saw 'boy' attached to your handle.
When you grow up and know how to address people we will talk.
ilugunboy:

You guys should just quit this silly propaganda already.! undecided

The other rants in your comment are not worth any decent response.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by JahMan1: 1:36pm On Mar 04, 2013
Your point exactly?
Will contesting and winning election clear the rubble?
seguno2:

So what stops the Igbo people to organise and mobilise themselves where they have the numbers to contest and win LGA councillor/chairman and state assembly legislator?
What
Is that not better than whining about paying 7-digit taxes and getting poor services and public utilities?
Na we sef dey woujure ourselves pass!!!
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Dede1(m): 1:42pm On Mar 04, 2013
It is only in the jungle called Nigeria that responsibility of the government, with respect to market squares, is only to collect taxes. Where are the courts of the land? The traders pay their taxes and other levies so that government can provide the necessary amenities such as collection of wastes and clean environment.

At every freaking corner, moronic Nigerians keep wishing their stinking country can look like USA or other developed countries of the world but keep flunking the test at every opportunity to get few things right.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by seguno2: 1:49pm On Mar 04, 2013
Jah Man: Your point exactly?
Will contesting and winning election clear the rubble?

Yes- simple answer.
Right now the commissioner is a dash to the Igbo people hence they are supposed to be grateful.
If they elect people from their area they are likely to be more responsive to their needs rather than just make them pay taxes, rates and levies only to disappear and do nothing.
Then, after ABANDONING their RESPONSIBILITIES,
the selected (as opposed to elected) LGA chairman, councillors and legislators will call oga gomina to come do Nollywood cinema for them - destroy and visit.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
Jah Man:
I could have been furious about your insult if not that I saw 'boy' attached to your handle.
When you grow up and know how to address people we will talk.

Can you please fvuck off my face? you enter a forum to make unsubstantiated accusations and you expect not to be put in your proper place? undecided

If you are that old...why not exhibit some decency with your comments so that you won't allow a boy to shut you up...

Next time you come to this forum to make such careless comment...you will be shut down again.

Thank you for complying in advance.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dede1: It is only in the jungle called Nigeria that responsibility of the government, with respect to market squares, is only to collect taxes. Where are the courts of the land? The traders pay their taxes and other levies so that government can provide the necessary amenities such as collection of wastes and clean environment.

At every freaking corner, moronic Nigerians keep wishing their stinking country can look like USA or other developed countries of the world but keep flunking the test at every opportunity to get few things right.

Another silly old Dendefool...
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
The market is cleaner than many areas of epe and shomolu where native Lagosians live and bring up kids
Truth be told

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 04, 2013
babyosisi: The market is cleaner than many areas of epe and shomolu where native Lagosians live and bring up kids
Truth be told

Another M.oronic comment....so the enviromental degredation going on in some parts of Ladipo market should as well continue since other markets too are dirty?

This your yoyo logic na die! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 04, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO0hQHou1cw

These are native Lagosians
The market looks like paradise compared to their neighborhood.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 04, 2013
babyosisi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO0hQHou1cw

These are native Lagosians
The market looks like paradise compared to their neighborhood.

BTW...Who are those that populate Ajegunle...from Wilmer street down to Boundary market...and up to Mobil rd?

Once Fashola come out to put things in proper shape from Wilmer street and Kirikiri road in Ajegunle...you people will start shouting blue murder again...

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by successcertain: 2:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
Oh now i understand why African is underdeveloped and under achiever, you cant expect to be taken serious with this barbaric nature oh common the marketers are one set of savages and it seem so many people in lagos are immune to changes. Damn look at the filth shocked am sure if BRF didnt intervened the people will continue to trade in such manner because is the normal way for some African to live? oh damn sorry for Africa. Thanks to BRF i pray so many set of this savages can be kick out of lagos to their respective villages to continue living the barbaric life they feel comfortable with.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
successcertain: Oh now i understand why African is underdeveloped and under achiever, you cant expect to be taken serious with this barbaric nature oh common the marketers are one set of savages and it seem so many people in lagos are immune to changes. Damn look at the filth shocked am sure if BRF didnt intervened the people will continue to trade in such manner because is the normal way for some African to live? oh damn sorry for Africa. Thanks to BRF i pray so many set of this savages can be kick out of lagos to their respective villages to continue living the barbaric life they feel comfortable with.

They wont be forced to leave...but they will be encouraged and if need be forced to do the right things....obeying environmental laws and other laws that wont let them impugn on others people entitlement to a safe environment.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
ilugunboy:

BTW...Who are those that populate Ajegunle...from Wilmer street down to Boundary market...and up to Mobil rd?

Once Fashola come out to put things in proper shape from Wilmer street and Kirikiri road in Ajegunle...you people will start shouting blue murder again...

Those are fancier areas of ajegunle
Watch the clip
The natives are the fishermen
See how they live in squalor
The uninhabitable areas in ajegunle that pigs will dread to live in are inhabited by your folks
That is truth
Most of the slum dwellers from defunct maroko to makoko are native Lagosians not outsiders
So don't sound like filth is due to others moving in
The natives live in worse filth than others could ever bring in

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Dede1(m): 2:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
ilugunboy:

Another silly old Dendefool...
cheesy

Illegitimate boy,

It appears stupidity and madness run riots among certain ethnic group in Nigeria. From a common road trodden jackass such as ilugunboy who seemed lucky navigating to nairaland while spewing crap to the so-called SAN of governor of Lagos State are borderline imbec.iles.
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
babyosisi:

Those are fancier areas of ajegunle
Watch the clip
The natives are the fishermen
See how they live in squalor
Most of the slum dwellers from defunct maroko to makoko are native Lagosians not outsiders
So don't sound like filth is due to others moving in
The natives live in worse filth than others could ever bring in

Keep deluding yourself...I won't force you to stop. cheesy wink
Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dede1:

Illegitimate boy,

It appears stupidity and madness run riots among certain ethnic group in Nigeria. From a common road trodden jackass such as ilugunboy who seemed lucky navigating to nairaland while spewing crap to the so-called SAN of governor of Lagos State are borderline imbec.iles.

Old man...when would you stop coming to this community with your worn out tirades...

Are you a learner? cheesy tongue

BTW...Dayo is looking for you elsewhere on the forum..go and get your usual drilling.. grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Panter215: 2:17pm On Mar 04, 2013
When will Peter Obi do a similar thing at Upper Eweka, Nkpo junction etc

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Dede1(m): 2:37pm On Mar 04, 2013
The governor of Lagos State exemplifies the decadence rooted in Nigerian system of education. How could a person with a SAN appended to his moronic name only think of ban or closure of certain activities in the state?

There is not doubt Ladipo Market generates revenue to Lagos State government therefore it is incumbent on the government of Lagos State to provide certain services such as collection of thrash and ensure clean environment at the market square.

I hope Fashola does not plan to run the so-called Eko Atlantic City in the manner everything is run in Lagos State. Clinton will be disappointed if Fashola or future governor of Lagos State goes Ladipo Market on Eko Atlantic City. I am not a batter but I had hedged my wedge that the so-called Eko Atlantic City will go the way of Ajegunle.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Dede1(m): 2:39pm On Mar 04, 2013
ilugunboy:

Old man...when would you stop coming to this community with your worn out tirades...

Are you a learner? cheesy tongue

BTW...Dayo is looking for you elsewhere on the forum..go and get your usual drilling.. grin

I shall get to Dayolodo when I am done with drilling you-illegitimate boy.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dede1: The governor of Lagos State exemplifies the decadence rooted in Nigerian system of education. How could a person with a SAN appended to his moronic name only think of ban or closure of certain activities in the state?

There is not doubt Ladipo Market generates revenue to Lagos State government therefore it is incumbent on the government of Lagos State to provide certain services such as collection of thrash and ensure clean environment at the market square.

I hope Fashola does not plan to run the so-called Eko Atlantic City in the manner everything is run in Lagos State. Clinton will be disappointed if Fashola or future governor of Lagos State goes Ladipo Market on Eko Atlantic City. I am not a batter but I had hedged my wedge that the so-called Eko Atlantic City will go the way of Ajegunle.

Old age related thinking is really at work on you Dende....

How would a planned city that intends to keep filthy people like you at bay be turned to an eyesore?

Your ilk will only see the EAC from afar...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by hercules07: 2:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
babyosisi: The market is cleaner than many areas of epe and shomolu where native Lagosians live and bring up kids
Truth be told
Do you mind listing the areas in Somolu that that place is cleaner than.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
hercules07:
Do you mind listing the areas in Somolu that that place is cleaner than.

Leave that woman...make she dey run her mouth...na so she be.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Visits Ladipo Market (Pictures) by hercules07: 3:00pm On Mar 04, 2013
Dede1: The governor of Lagos State exemplifies the decadence rooted in Nigerian system of education. How could a person with a SAN appended to his moronic name only think of ban or closure of certain activities in the state?

The complex where my office is situated also generates a lot of money for the state government yet, we do not wait for Fashola before keeping the environment tidy, the two sides are not blameless but the traders are filthy people and the market should be shut down, restructured and an arrangement between the market and the LAWMA should be ironed out, I am even more concerned about the fake spare parts sold there, that should be next item to be thrashed out.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Does Reno Omokri Hate Peter Obi So Much? By David160 / Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million / Amaechi Responds To Justice Ngwuta's Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.