Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,148 members, 7,780,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:33 AM

Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay (16147 Views)

Anyone Used Paga Epay To Accept Payment On Website? / Please Help Before Voguepay Put Me Out Of Business / Eyowo Vs Voguepay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by zebudaya(m): 11:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
Thank you all for your clever and spirited discussion. This is the best discussion thread I've seen on Nairaland. No fighting, no spammers, just brilliant analysis from everyone. Since I'm the referee, I declare Voguepay the champion.

1 Like

Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by zikclassiq(m): 7:13am On Mar 07, 2013
ActiveMan: PAGA,VOGUEPAY,GTPAY,ZENITH use interswitch for processing their card payment.

PAGA - A MOBILE MONEY COMPANY
VOGUEPAY - RUN BY A SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT COMPANY

GTPAY - A PRODUCT OF GTBANK
ZENITH - A PRODUCT OF ZENITH BANK

interswitch - REAL CARD PROCESSING COMPANY

OTHERS ARE JUST AGGREGATOR TO interswitch.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

interswitc remains the BEST & KING OF THE SOUTH grin grin cheesy
1. they chop money from all transaction process by others
2. if they are down others are down too
3. if they increase their charges others will too
4. if they change some code, others might have to changes their too and cause service disruption
5. they control the industry, they are not even considerate, they do what their merchant does on quickteller
u are very correct
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by akintun: 9:49am On Mar 07, 2013
D problem with interswitch is dat dey are ok with d 0.5% commission dey get from all tax paid to d federal government through FIRS.
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 07, 2013
halimat1985: @activeman
It appears you are not making any effort to answer the poster's question. You have been trying to enforce an ideology without anwering the question that started this thread.

What yardstick should be used to measure the best payment processor in Nigeria? Does Interswitch meet them? Does voguepay meet them? does GTPay meet them?

Who meets them the most?

[edit]
The poster must have known that this was going to be seriously contested before calling it royal rumble.

please answer this question(if you can not please do not reply)

CAN VOGUEPAY PROCESS MASTER CARD PAYMENT WITHOUT INTERSWITCH?
CAN VOGUEPAY PROCESS VISA CARD PAYMENT WITHOUT VALUCARD NIGERIA?

zebudaya:
Thank you all for your clever and spirited discussion. This is the best discussion thread I've seen on Nairaland. No fighting, no spammers, just brilliant analysis from everyone. Since I'm the referee, I declare Voguepay the champion

SOME OF OUR CLIENT AS USE VOGUEPAY TO PROCESS MILLIONS OF NAIRA, BUT WHEN THEIR IS A FRAUD CASE, TRANSACTION ERROR E.T.C VOGUEPAY CAN NOT GIVE YOU AN INDEPENDENT ANSWER, THEY WAIT FOR INTERSWITCH FOR RESPONSE

so the interswitch that has BAD support is the one going to reply VOGUEPAY with your transaction error/issues, if it takes long(as you guys claims) for interswitch to give a response, it also takes VOGUEPAY too

@OP REASON YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHOOSE INTERSWITCH

1. IF YOU WANT TO REDUCE COST (I MEAN TRANSACTION CHARGES)
2. IF YOU WANT TO ELIMINATE MIDDLE MAN(VOGUEPAY,EYOWO,GTPAY,SIMPLEPAY4U E.T.C)
3. GET THE REAL SITUATION OF YOUR TRANSACTIONS
4. YOUR SERVICES CAN BE ADDED TO THE QUICK-TELLER SITE (WHICH GIVE YOU MORE PUBLICITY)
5. TO GIVE RESPECT TO WHOM DESERVE IT LOL grin cheesy wink
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by JummyBy: 12:17pm On Mar 07, 2013
Active Man, It is obvious you have not been reading my posts carefully.I said it before that your posts are just a string of repetition. Nobody seems to understand your points. Check again, you'll see that I answered your question before.
VoguePay works for me, InterSwitch works for you. Lets leave it at that, it's a win-win situation.
Asta la Vista Bro
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2013
JummyBy: Active Man, It is obvious you have not been reading my posts carefully.I said it before that your posts are just a string of repetition. Nobody seems to understand your points. Check again, you'll see that I answered your question before.
VoguePay works for me, InterSwitch works for you. Lets leave it at that, it's a win-win situation.
Asta la Vista Bro

lol no run it a question of YES or NO

again
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by soloqy: 9:53pm On Mar 07, 2013
ActiveMan:

please answer this questions again

E be like say you go like quarrel in real life sha grin
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 08, 2013
soloqy:

E be like say you go like quarrel in real life sha grin

lol cheesy make them answer, them no fit grin grin grin
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by halimat1985(f): 10:35am On Mar 09, 2013
ActiveMan: lol cheesy make them answer, them no fit grin grin grin
The Op is already satisfied and has picked a winner for his question.
Answering your question does not contribute to the thread so i consider that unnecessary.

Why keep arguing when your question does not indicate who is best? it only satisfies your desire for a blind and unconstructive arguement.

Stop arguing like a kid and get something else to do.
I'm sure there must be something else worthy of your energy. This thread has been resolved. The peron who asked the question has picked a winner.
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
halimat1985:
The Op is already satisfied and has picked a winner for his question.
Answering your question does not contribute to the thread so i consider that unnecessary.

Why keep arguing when your question does not indicate who is best? it only satisfies your desire for a blind and unconstructive arguement.

Stop arguing like a kid and get something else to do.
I'm sure there must be something else worthy of your energy. This thread has been resolved. The peron who asked the question has picked a winner.

the poster ask
I've been doing research on Naija payment processors Paga,Voguepay,GTPay,Interswitch,& Zenith Global Pay. From your experience, Which one is best? and why?

I CHOOSE INTERSWITCH BECAUSE YOUR SO CALLED VOGUEPAY(that you work for) need interswitch to process their master card payment, so in-case of critical issue with a transaction like (fraud,payment error e.t.c) voguepay can not help directly.

answering my question let the poster and others to know that interswitch is in-charge of their transaction in the real sense.

From your experience, Which one is best? and why? the poster does not want a winner.

SEE, IN LIFE EVERYONE WILL NOT SUPPORT YOU, IF THINGS ARE NOT COMING YOUR WAY, DON'T GET PROVOKE AND ABUSE THE OTHER PARTY

ME CONTRIBUTING ABOUT WHAT I KNOW TO A THREAD ON NAIRALAND DOES NOT MAKE ME A KID, JOBLESS OR DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MY TIME.

LASTLY ANSWER THIS QUESTION please grin grin grin

NOTE
On Zenith Global Pay: you can accept payment from zenith bank account holders who has zenith online banking...
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by halimat1985(f): 11:15pm On Mar 09, 2013
zebudaya: Thank you all for your clever and spirited discussion. This is the best discussion thread I've seen on Nairaland. No fighting, no spammers, just brilliant analysis from everyone. Since I'm the referee, I declare Voguepay the champion.

The poster has declared his champion in case you have not read it. FYI picking a winner and picking a champion is not so different.

The answer to your questions.
Yes. Etrazact now processes mastercard (see image attached). Voguepay has etranzact license but does not process mastercard through them (Don't ask me why, ask Voguepay). Voguepay will require a license from mastercard to process mastercard directly. With the present mastercard drive to cover Nigeria and Nigerian businesses (including Hiring Nigerians for PR) i believe this is very possible. Infact, if Voguepay does not approach mastercard soon, mastercard may approach them.
I called Global pay and they confirmed they dont process mastercard through Interswitch. They process directly.
I called GTPay and they confirmed they are working on direct integration with mastercard.
So that makes the mastercard players many: Interswitch, eTranzact, GlobalPay, GTPay......and hopefully, voguepay will join soon.

YES. Etrazact now processes visa (see image attached). Voguepay processes it through Unified Payments not through VALUCARD(see attached image 2) while Interswitch cannot process VISA cards at all.

If there are still issues that are unclear to you, feel free to use google. You can start with the following links to see how much interest mastercard has been showing in Nigerian businesses and government lately:

http://www.mastercard.com/us/company/en/newsroom/nigeria_payments_industry.html
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/mastercard-seeks-growth-of-nigerias-payments-industry/
http://www.punchng.com/business/technology/embrace-e-commerce-mastercard-urges-nigerian-businesses/
http://www.digitalsensenews.com.ng/2013/01/mastercard-president-lauds-nigeria.html
http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/markets/companies-and-market/48836-mastercard-appoints-nigerian-advisory-services-leader

1 Like

Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by soloqy: 1:42am On Mar 10, 2013
@Activeman , shey you go rest now?

Left for me, I want that slow, obstinate and clumsy Interswitch dismantled ... angry
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by zebudaya(m): 2:00am On Mar 10, 2013
[quote author=halimat1985]

The poster has declared his champion in case you have not read it. FYI picking a winner and picking a champion is not so different.

Halimat can I have your email addy? you seem very knowledgeable about the Naija e-Commerce scene, I'm studying it now, and may have questions in the future. You can reach me at micendowed{at}gmaildotcom
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 10, 2013
halimat1985:

Yes. Etrazact now processes mastercard (see image attached). Voguepay has etranzact license but does not process mastercard through them (Don't ask me why, ask Voguepay). Voguepay will require a license from mastercard to process mastercard directly. With the present mastercard drive to cover Nigeria and Nigerian businesses (including Hiring Nigerians for PR) i believe this is very possible. Infact, if Voguepay does not approach mastercard soon, mastercard may approach them.
I called Global pay and they confirmed they dont process mastercard through Interswitch. They process directly.
I called GTPay and they confirmed they are working on direct integration with mastercard.
So that makes the mastercard players many: Interswitch, eTranzact, GlobalPay, GTPay......and hopefully, voguepay will join soon.

YES. Etrazact now processes visa (see image attached). Voguepay processes it through Unified Payments not through VALUCARD(see attached image 2) while Interswitch cannot process VISA cards at all.

If there are still issues that are unclear to you, feel free to use google. You can start with the following links to see how much interest mastercard has been showing in Nigerian businesses and government lately:

http://www.mastercard.com/us/company/en/newsroom/nigeria_payments_industry.html
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/mastercard-seeks-growth-of-nigerias-payments-industry/
http://www.punchng.com/business/technology/embrace-e-commerce-mastercard-urges-nigerian-businesses/
http://www.digitalsensenews.com.ng/2013/01/mastercard-president-lauds-nigeria.html
http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/markets/companies-and-market/48836-mastercard-appoints-nigerian-advisory-services-leader

SEE HOW YOU SHOW YOUR IGNORANCE AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL.

Voguepay processes it through Unified Payments not through VALUCARD(see attached image 2)

WHO IS VALU CARD? WHO IS UNIFIED PAYMENT?
About Unified Payment Services Ltd:
[b]• Formerly ValuCard Nigeria Ltd, Unified Payments is owned by a consortium of 18 leading Nigerian Banks. Our core business comprise Processing, Merchant Acquiring, Switching, Payment Terminal Service Provider and provision of Value Added Services & Solutions

ValuCard Nigeria Limited, the foremost payment industry solutions provider becomes Unified Payment Services Limited. Bisi Onasanya, Chairman, Board of Directors, Unified Payments®, in a statement during the formal launch of the new identity in Lagos Monday, said “I wish to share with you, a brief history of our company and most especially how that history translates to the reason we are gathered here today. When in 1997 a consortium of Nigerian banks came together to set up a shared infrastructure to enable electronic payments, their coming together brought to life in the Nigerian payments space, the first domestic card scheme and a plastic payment card, the ValuCard e-Purse.[/b]
http://unifiedpaymentsnigeria.com/press-releases/

and if you have to send a mail to unified payment they reply you with @valucard domain (just re-branding.)

You claimING VOGUEPAY is the best, why can't they process their payment directly with MASTERCARD and VISACARD my friend they are MASTER RESELLER

to show you VALUCARD is the same company as unified payment this one of the site run my UNIFIED PAYMENT and it has an EV SSL of VALUCARD NIGERIA

DO NOT COMPARE VOGUEPAY TO INTERSWITCH THEY ARE NOT IN THE SAME LEAGUE

COMPARE INTERSWITCH WITH VALUCARD AND ETRANZACT OKAY?

Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 10, 2013
soloqy: @Activeman , shey you go rest now?

Left for me, I want that slow, obstinate and clumsy Interswitch dismantled ... angry

REST?

WHY DO YOU WANT INTERSWITCH TO BE DISMANTLED? WHAT HAVE THEY DONE WRONG?

VALUCARD(UNIFIED PAYMENT) CHARGE ALMOST THE SAME AMOUNT.

THIS IS WHAT THEY CHARGE

Thank you for your interest in accepting Visa Cards. Below are the
requirements for Visa card on-line acceptance.

Our one-off implementation fee is N105,000 (VAT inclusive).
The transaction charge is 1.25% of transaction amount for Visa cards
issued by Nigerian banks and not less than 3% of transaction amount for
Visa cards issued by issuer other than Nigerian banks.

SO WHAT HAS INTERSWITCH DONE WRONG?
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by soloqy: 12:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
^^^^
Refusing to evolve, Promoting and remaining a huge Elephant monopoly.
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
soloqy: ^^^^
Refusing to evolve, Promoting and remaining a huge Elephant monopoly.

what about valu card(unified payment) what are they doing right? grin cheesy
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by soloqy: 2:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
^^^^^^^
They are not being discussed in this thread. The OP specifically mentioned Interswitch, GTpay, Voguepay, Paga and Zenith Global. He has a reason for that I suppose
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 10, 2013
soloqy: ^^^^^^^
They are not being discussed in this thread. The OP specifically mentioned Interswitch, GTpay, Voguepay, Paga and Zenith Global. He has a reason for that I suppose

okay i hear grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by halimat1985(f): 3:10pm On Mar 10, 2013
@aciveman
Now that your questions have been answered and you have been put in the right place regarding whether Voguepay can process without Interswitch and valuecard(as you put it), will you let matters rest.

Or what are your new questions? Your claim of interswitch's kingship through monopoly has expired abi?

Please note, i am not Voguepaay. If you have grudges against them, why dont you contact them rather than trying to deny their exceptional solution?

Of all the companies doing payments, Voguepay is the only reasonable one not owned by banks or government.

[size=18pt]Interswitch is owned by banks and costs N150k to integrate.
Unified payments is owned by banks and costs N105k to integrate.
Global pay is owned by a bank and costs N75k to integrate.
GTPay is owned by a bank and costs N75k to integrate.
Voguepay is owned by a Nigerian company and is free to integrate
.[/size]

Yet, voguepay has the most developer friendly features. What did they do to you?
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 10, 2013
halimat1985: @aciveman
Now that your questions have been answered and you have been put in the right place regarding whether Voguepay can process without Interswitch and valuecard(as you put it), will you let matters rest.

Or what are your new questions? Your claim of interswitch's kingship through monopoly has expired abi?

Please note, i am not Voguepaay. If you have grudges against them, why dont you contact them rather than trying to deny their exceptional solution?

Of all the companies doing payments, Voguepay is the only reasonable one not owned by banks or government.

[size=18pt]Interswitch is owned by banks and costs N150k to integrate.
Unified payments is owned by banks and costs N105k to integrate.
Global pay is owned by a bank and costs N75k to integrate.
GTPay is owned by a bank and costs N75k to integrate.
Voguepay is owned by a Nigerian company and is free to integrate
.[/size]

Yet, voguepay has the most developer friendly features. What did they do to you?

I have nothing against VOGUEPAY, all i am saying is voguepay DEPENDS ON INTERSWITCH AND VALU CARD(UNIFIED PAYMENT) TO PROCESS THEIR PAYMENT

VOGUEPAY INTEGRATION COST FOR BUSINESS IS #2,000 AND THEY CHARGE MORE TRANSACTION FEE THAN ANY OTHER.

[s]IN THE LONG RUN YOU WILL PAY THE INTEGRATION FEE IN DISGUISE [/s]

THANK YOU.
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by halimat1985(f): 5:59pm On Mar 10, 2013
VOGUEPAY INTEGRATION COST FOR BUSINESS IS #2,000 AND THEY CHARGE MORE TRANSACTION FEE THAN ANY OTHER.

Actually, they charged N1000 not N2000 for business verification for each of my clients and they say its because interswitch requires them to send every business registeration for approval or confirmation or whatever if the business wants to accept mastercard. I think the money may be for courier service.
That charge only applies to you if you open a business account it does not apply to personal accounts.

However, voguepay provides a summary and justification of how much i earn through their transaction history page.
Interswitch does not provide any explanation. Its how much they send you that you have to accept. No explanations and you cant contest it.

I called voguepay and a guy said they are working on integrating mastercard without interswitch. The guy also said most of the attached interswitch charges will be reduced or removed. He didn't want to give me any more details but i believe that the N1000 for business accounts will be removed.
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 10, 2013
halimat1985:

Actually, they charged N1000 not N2000 for business verification for each of my clients and they say its because interswitch requires them to send every business registeration for approval or confirmation or whatever if the business wants to accept mastercard. I think the money may be for courier service.
That charge only applies to you if you open a business account it does not apply to personal accounts.

However, voguepay provides a summary and justification of how much i earn through their transaction history page.
Interswitch does not provide any explanation. Its how much they send you that you have to accept. No explanations and you cant contest it.

I called voguepay and a guy said they are working on integrating mastercard without interswitch. The guy also said most of the attached interswitch charges will be reduced or removed. He didn't want to give me any more details but i believe that the N1000 for business accounts will be removed.

they say its because interswitch requires them to send every business registeration for approval or confirmation or whatever if the business wants to accept mastercard.
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by a1solution: 12:55am On Mar 11, 2013
halimat1985:

please can you or anyone here help me verify if someone can use any of this companies to accept foreign payment after integration?
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by halimat1985(f): 2:31pm On Mar 14, 2013
^^^I dont think anyone of them do yet.
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by plutonian: 10:02pm On Mar 22, 2013
Hi Guys, Make I join contribute small (or big, lol).
ACTIVE MAN is correct!

You guys are funny comparing INTERSWITCH to the likes of its "Aggregators".

Saying stuff like "Interswitch doesnt process Visa" is akin to saying "Mastercard sucks because they don’t process Discover, or American-Express or Visa, which is hilarious!" Are you kidding? I mean, Mastercard is their own brand (and a competitor to Visa, Discover and AE), just as Interswitch is their own brand (and a Competitor to Unified Payments, and Etranzact).

Take it or leave it, Interswitch is currently the "Mastercard/Visa" of Nigeria in terms of "e-payments Power" that is; (Valucard came and could not dominate; they are now called "Unified Payments":- Name change, but still same company/product, which is Visa-affiliated/licensed, and through which you can accept/process "Visa Transactions" ) .

Activeman also mentioned that Interswitch is the Main Mastercard Licensee. Why do you think that is? Again, Activeman got it right when he tried to explain "Strategic Business Relationships"; let me expatiate: Mastercard International (i.e. the company) is a BUSINESS, and they WILL want to expand to MARS and other planets to grow their business if they can. So on coming to Nigeria's markets, why build a whole network from scratch when Interswitch is the BIG BOY in Nigeria and has already done it? So instead Mastercard then just partners/partnered with Interswitch and the benefit for Interswitch is that they can now offer "International Services" to their clients/card-holders through the Mastercard network; meanwhile the benefit to Mastercard (the company) is that they have in-return entered the Nigerian market (which is classified as a "huge emerging market" ). Its all about relationships, dont get it twisted! So, if Interswitch is stops pulling their weight, Mastercard WILL find a “replacement” way to dominate the Nigerian market.

Now Typically, for BIG PLAYERS that have true-business-relationships with other BIG PLAYERS, they don’t "mix" their services with their competitors; let me explain: If Mastercard shakes hands with a Company (e.g. Interswitch, which they have), Visa, will typically NOT want to do the same with said company; instead, Visa will find a company that is a competitor to the one which Mastercard shook hands with (so Visa got Valucard/Unified-Payments).

Overall, "@ActiveMan" got it right. ALL others are just "aggregators"; If Interswitch does any funny move, ALL others will be affected, but the reverse is NOT the case (i.e. nothing all others do at this point will necessarily affect Interswitch). Now you may say that if Interswitch "dies" all others will continue. True, however the impact WILL be felt in Nigeria (that basically means Nigeria falling backwards in the e-payments scene), UNLESS there is an EQUAL/COMMENSURATE replacement for them (for e.g. Mastercard can then go partner with Etranzact, or other BIG PLAYERS like Banks, just as you guys have mentioned that they are basically already working on; basically Mastercard is guaranteeing their own success; they dont care about interswitch! They care about themselves!).

Now dont get me wrong; Paga, Simplepay, Voguepay, Eyowo, Cashenvoy, ARE meeting a need (of providing "cheap & free aggregation" and "multiple processor aggregation" ) just like GTPay is meeting a need (of providing a bit of a "cheaper aggregation", and which is why CashEnvoy uses them, and was also the reason why Voguepay was FIRSTLY using GTPay originally, and is the reason why a lot of somewhat-ESTABLISHED/MEDIUM scale businesses will use GTPay first before then switching to Interswitch). Typically its better to deal with the MAN/OGA AT THE TOP, because things will "generally" be easier, and move smoothly.

Overall, there isnt an "Answer" to the Posters question per say; it is more of opinions and needs; some people prefer to deal directly with Interswitch, even though it cost N150K, and GTPay only cost N75K (e.g. the Voguepay which is being mentioned was using GTPay and then suddenly preferred to go directly to Interswitch. Why? Because "OGA AT THE TOP" is better, and with that some issues they encountered going through GTPay was eliminated).

With that said, I will conclude by saying Nigeria needs more entrepreneurs to start businesses like Cashenvoy, Voguepay, Simplepay, and Eyowo and then also to start revolutionary businesses that can change the entire payments landscape and "DISRUPT" it; right now Cashenvoy, Eyowo, Simplepay, or Voguepay, is NOT disrupting payments, BUT meeting a need! I think Paga "may" be able to do some disrupting, if they play their cards well.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by ibietela2(m): 5:47pm On Mar 23, 2013
halimat1985:

Voguepay processes 3 cards (Mastercard, VISA and Etranzact) if Interwitch dies, they continue with the other two.
GTPay processes 2 cards, if interswitch dies, they continue with the other one.
Interswitch processes mastercard, if they die, all those businesses that went to them for integration goes back to voguepay or GTPay.

Bottom line:
Interswitch is an aggregator
Voguepay is an aggreegator
GTPay is an aggregator

Interswitch does not have a card of their own
GTPay does not have a card of their own
Voguepay doe not have a card of their own.

Interswitch charges N150,000 for integration
GTPay charges N75,000 for integration
Voguepay is free.

Interswitch has no tool to assist merchants
GTPay has online transaction logl for monitoring
Voguepay has Online transaction log for monitoring, Several tools for integration, analytics tool and several other tools.

Interswitch API is only to recieve payment with website
GTPay API is only to receive payments with website
Voguepay API is to recieve payments with website, to receive payments without website, to recieve payment via SMS (Mobile) and to pay your members automatically from your script, to send money to other members e.t.c.

I integrate several payment processors for clients and of all i have done, the ones i used Voguepay for are the most satisfied.
Some clients refused to pay my balance because interswitch has not concluded testing on their site for months now.

no vex ooo are you a female??
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by yamakuza: 10:43pm On Mar 23, 2013
plutonian: Hi Guys, Make I join contribute small (or big, lol).

Now dont get me wrong; Paga, Simplepay, Voguepay, Eyowo, Cashenvoy, ARE meeting a need (of providing "cheap & free aggregation" and "multiple processor aggregation" ) just like GTPay is meeting a need (of providing a bit of a "cheaper aggregation", and which is why CashEnvoy uses them, and was also the reason why Voguepay was FIRSTLY using GTPay originally, and is the reason why a lot of somewhat-ESTABLISHED/MEDIUM scale businesses will use GTPay first before then switching to Interswitch). Typically its better to deal with the MAN/OGA AT THE TOP, because things will "generally" be easier, and move smoothly.

Overall, there isnt an "Answer" to the Posters question per say; it is more of opinions and needs; some people prefer to deal directly with Interswitch, even though it cost N150K, and GTPay only cost N75K (e.g. the Voguepay which is being mentioned was using GTPay and then suddenly preferred to go directly to Interswitch. Why? Because "OGA AT THE TOP" is better, and with that some issues they encountered going through GTPay was eliminated).

With that said, I will conclude by saying Nigeria needs more entrepreneurs to start businesses like Cashenvoy, Voguepay, Simplepay, and Eyowo and then also to start revolutionary businesses that can change the entire payments landscape and "DISRUPT" it; right now Cashenvoy, Eyowo, Simplepay, or Voguepay, is NOT disrupting payments, BUT meeting a need! I think Paga "may" be able to do some disrupting, if they play their cards well.

Thanks!

nice points you've made, but i'm not too sure about the part i emphasized.

i dont think we need more of them at this time. i'm not sure but it seems only 1 of them is currently doing "very well" , if cornering the largest market share means doing well.

even at that, that company still has its hiccups. i think they all need to step up their games.

even more disturbing is the fact that some Nigerians will never/have vowed never to use their cards on any Nigerian site (but will gladly do so on foreign ones).

how then will the existing companies grow, or the new ones get users?

i agree Paga might get disruptive, if Mobile Money catches on. i'm even surprised that a lot of online merchants havent caught on to the MM bandwagon yet.

i think it will be easier to get Nigerians to trust you with a MM transaction, than with a debit card transaction.

from a little survey i carried out, most Nigerian shoppers prefer to use Bank Deposit option to Debit Card Payment option. unfortunately, the merchants discovered this only after paying hefty fees for integration.

Thats why i think Interswith/Etranzact are stifling their growth by imposing such fees, and why the 0-fee aggregators should be encouraged.

The interesting thing is that its the likes of Interswitch, ETZ and GTPay that have the muscle to preach the gospel of e-commerce, but they are busy stiffling growth with high entrance fees/conditions.

1 Like

Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by plutonian: 6:31pm On Mar 27, 2013

yamakuza : .... i dont think we need more of them at this time. i'm not sure but it seems only 1 of them is currently doing "very well" , if cornering the largest market share means doing well.

even at that, that company still has its hiccups. i think they all need to step up their games.

In your opinion, who’s that one that’s currently doing well but still has hiccups? I personally think it’s most likely Interswitch (we ALL know they definitely have hiccups, lol). I mean, even though banks are moving away from Verve cards, the point is that Interswitch have/had already taken that market share (i.e. card provider/supplier and integrator) before this point when Mastercard is now trying to work with Banks to issue the cards directly; and even now, Interswitch won’t just sit there until they become irrelevant; they will find ways to hold-onto their marketshare (which I believe is also part of the problem/reason why they are going after their customers’ own consumers directly through “quickteller”, when they should leave that market for aggregators) . It may also be Unified Payment (in the background, doing some big things which we just don’t see). So who do you think? Please share.

yamakuza : ... from a little survey i carried out, most Nigerian shoppers prefer to use Bank Deposit option to Debit Card Payment option. unfortunately, the merchants discovered this only after paying hefty fees for integration.

Your survey results are interesting; I think I’ll agree with you on this too, because it makes sense! But what’s your take on the Bank Deposit option? Isn’t it too restrictive? (It’s not as convenient, there’s basically no protection because once you e-transfer the money or pay it in with cash into a seller’s account, you have no control over it; it’s gone basically; you just have to now hope you get your product ) .

We can’t blame our fellow Nigerians (I’m guilty too of using bank transfers mainly smiley wink ) . Nigeria is stuck with the “stigma” of scam/fraud for now (such that even though fraud also happens hugely in some other countries maybe in the Europe, you won’t hear about it much because of good control and an identity system to help identify people and help catch culprits; it will get better though for Naija), but until there are actual actions to curb and control fraud and then stretches of GOOD publicity saying things are getting better and the fraud is actually very much reduced, hey, Nigerians will most likely not want to use their debit card much online in Nigeria like you have noticed.

yamakuza : ... i think it will be easier to get Nigerians to trust you with a MM transaction, than with a debit card transaction.

Also, (to everyone), what is your take on the use of POS-Terminals/machines overall in Nigeria, especially for smaller shops/merchants? I just feel like it’s still only the MAJOR retailers/businesses (and churches smiley ) who use POS-machines. I don’t even think the pricing/cost of POS-machines is very affordable for the smaller shops/merchants (I think the lowest that banks sell/make terminals available is for like $300 or so??; please if I’m wrong correct me with more accurate numbers?) . Compared to the US where small merchants have POS-machines and other solutions, and can accept card payments, Nigeria has a LOONNG way to go. What do you guys think? (This is also the reason why I was saying I think Paga “might” be disruptive “IF” they play their cards well, because even though they have the web-payments aggregated/integrated, their main channel is “MM/ mobile transfer” which doesn’t need a card or a POS-machine).

Very nice contributions @yamakuza! So, please share some more with us ... based on your take/opinion on the above areas. Let’s all discuss!

Thanks.

Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by yamakuza: 3:16pm On Mar 28, 2013
plutonian: In your opinion, who’s that one that’s currently doing well but still has hiccups? I personally think it’s most likely Interswitch (we ALL know they definitely have hiccups, lol). I mean, even though banks are moving away from Verve cards, the point is that Interswitch have/had already taken that market share (i.e. card provider/supplier and integrator) before this point when Mastercard is now trying to work with Banks to issue the cards directly; and even now, Interswitch won’t just sit there until they become irrelevant; they will find ways to hold-onto their marketshare (which I believe is also part of the problem/reason why they are going after their customers’ own consumers directly through “quickteller”, when they should leave that market for aggregators) . It may also be Unified Payment (in the background, doing some big things which we just don’t see). So who do you think? Please share.

you wrote earlier :

" With that said, I will conclude by saying Nigeria needs more entrepreneurs to start businesses like Cashenvoy, Voguepay, Simplepay, and Eyowo and then also to start revolutionary businesses that can change the entire payments landscape and "DISRUPT" it; "

so i wasnt thinking of the likes of Interswitch/ETZ/VCD. If a new entrant joins those ones, it will definitely have enough resources to make a difference.

i was thinking of a new entrant into the ranks of the likes of Eyowo, CashEnvoy, VoguePay, etc.

Of the aggregators, I think Voguepay currently has the largst marketshare, and they still have hiccups from customer support to payments that hang midway.

I think Interswitch will be with us for a very long time. I believe they are still owned by a consortium of banks? they'll just have to keep evolving to stay relevant.

Your survey results are interesting; I think I’ll agree with you on this too, because it makes sense! But what’s your take on the Bank Deposit option? Isn’t it too restrictive? (It’s not as convenient, there’s basically no protection because once you e-transfer the money or pay it in with cash into a seller’s account, you have no control over it; it’s gone basically; you just have to now hope you get your product ) .

We can’t blame our fellow Nigerians (I’m guilty too of using bank transfers mainly smiley wink ) . Nigeria is stuck with the “stigma” of scam/fraud for now (such that even though fraud also happens hugely in some other countries maybe in the Europe, you won’t hear about it much because of good control and an identity system to help identify people and help catch culprits; it will get better though for Naija), but until there are actual actions to curb and control fraud and then stretches of GOOD publicity saying things are getting better and the fraud is actually very much reduced, hey, Nigerians will most likely not want to use their debit card much online in Nigeria like you have noticed.

Personally, I dont see anything wrong with bank deposit options, especially with online banking available. I find that platform more reliable.

If my online banking transfer hangs, i can quickly resolve it with my bank, compared to how long it takes to resolve issues when paying on a site with a debit card and they decline the payment but charge your card.

In fact, with the kind of online banking we have now, i see almost no need for making debit card payments on sites. the only time that can arise to me is if u want to fund an e-wallet and then use the wallet on other sites instead of logging into your bank everytime (eg when they are down).

Unfortunately, most users make one-off payments with the aggregators rather than use them as e-wallets. using them as e-wallets should also make tracking errors easier, i believe, as it considerably cuts down the possible points of failure.

Apart from online bank transfers, others prefer physical bank deposits, so they can use the tellers/deposits slips as evidence in future. This is their only logical way to tackle the trust issue. I guess they believe if the mater gets legal, a bank deposit slip is more tenable in court than a computer screen print out.

The above answers the protection question as well. With regard to protection, the highest form of protection we can hope for seems to be escrow, and even though one or two aggregators offer these, merchants/buyers are yet to embrace that option.

Also, (to everyone), what is your take on the use of POS-Terminals/machines overall in Nigeria, especially for smaller shops/merchants? I just feel like it’s still only the MAJOR retailers/businesses (and churches smiley ) who use POS-machines. I don’t even think the pricing/cost of POS-machines is very affordable for the smaller shops/merchants (I think the lowest that banks sell/make terminals available is for like $300 or so??; please if I’m wrong correct me with more accurate numbers?) . Compared to the US where small merchants have POS-machines and other solutions, and can accept card payments, Nigeria has a LOONNG way to go. What do you guys think? (This is also the reason why I was saying I think Paga “might” be disruptive “IF” they play their cards well, because even though they have the web-payments aggregated/integrated, their main channel is “MM/ mobile transfer” which doesn’t need a card or a POS-machine).

The greatest problem with POS terminals seems to be network failure/power. where they are available and the customers are willing to use them, you hear stories like "no network" , "no power" , etc.

Other than that, everyone is comfortbale with using cash for offline transactions. no stories, and very very convenient too.

With regards to Paga and other MM coys, they really have to play their cards well. Using the right technology will also help them. I think any company using USSD for MM will still face network failure issues, so whoever will win the MM war will need to have the right mix of technology, coverage/market share and trust/partnerships.
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by puzuwe: 12:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
[center][/center]What about https://www.Payfas.com. i currently use them to process my online payment needs.
Re: Royal Rumble! Paga Vs. Voguepay. Vs Gtpay. Vs Interswitch. Vs Zenith Global Pay by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 02, 2013
i am really impressed with voguepay and what they are doing.
keep it up. but i wonder why we are presented with just 3 payment options: voguepay, Visa, etrazact/Pocketmoni
what about interswitch?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Controlling Cpanel With Php Scripts To Create Email, Dbase, Subdomains: / Facebook Is To Get A 'dislike' Button, Says Mark Zuckerberg / Better Alternatives To Paypal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.