Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,971 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos (14317 Views)

Power Supply Decline: Share your Experience / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? / Chimamanda Adichie's NYTimes Article On Nigeria's Epileptic Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by Mavor: 10:48pm On Mar 04, 2013
ifyalways: Ikoyi gets constant light too.22 hours each day.Chevron has become crap these days.
Ikoyi ke?!!!! Lekki is $hit!!!
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 04, 2013
asudan:
it is because most parts of Nigeria hardly see light for 2 hours talk less of 21 hours.

Liar.
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by premlove(m): 10:53pm On Mar 04, 2013
A-town:

Satellite town...haha....dat area no dey gree get light for months sha. na wa oo. Used to be one of the tushest areas in the 80's with 24/7 power. Now, well.....
were u born at dat time
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by thelastPope(m): 10:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
Pukkah:

Which area of Ojodu? Sabo or Berger? Omole Estate or River Valley Estate? Or is it Akute road? None of the areas in Ojodu gets up to 21 hours a day.

Power has improved nationwide in terms of supply from the power generating stations but some states, especially Lagos, are still not enjoying it because of old dilapidated equipments like bad transformers and feeders lines. The places in Lagos that are enjoying the improved power are mostly new areas which obviously have new transformers, feeders, etc or some areas that have had their equipment upgraded. So you will find that places like Ikorodu, many parts of Surulere, parts of Yaba, festac, Ikoyi, Anthony, Parts of Ikeja, Ogba, Ojodu among others, have improved power. Some areas don't have transmission stations so they have to "borrow" power from other areas. Such areas will only get a few hours allocation. Satellite town is terrible because they have to transmission station close by and their feeder lines are bad. These are issues that can only truly be resolved by the new DISCOs. The present PHCN staff are too incompetent and wicked to do it. They will collect money from a community before they replace their transformer. These transformers are those actually purchased by the FG for onward distribution but the PHCN hierhachy will corner it, and resell it to communities in black market style. Am so glad they are being kicked out.

Lagos is particularly affected because Lagos is growing in leaps and bounds and the populations increasing geometrically. So most of the transformers are overloaded.
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by premlove(m): 10:59pm On Mar 04, 2013
It look as if lagos is d only state in nigeria dat have constant power supply becos here in delta most especially warri and abraka here i am. Is only buy GOD Grace dat we c light and even use it for two hour u guys have a good governor unlike we dat have ............scared
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 04, 2013
Sisi_Kill:

Ughhh! He is your type? Him??!! I expected someone more. . .vava vooooom. ..if you know what I mean.

Oh Simon, Simon, Dear Simon you disappoint me even more. sad sad sad sad

[size=5pt]Countdown to banning 3. . .2 . . .1 grin[/size]
_
He's not really my type, but I don't have a type per se...maybe I do.....Hugh Jackman?
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by thelastPope(m): 11:05pm On Mar 04, 2013
doyexy:

Which area in ojodu?? Dats a ballant lie!! I stay at ojodu berger, precisely ojodu busstop/aina street axis and d lite there has gone from bad to worse..truout d festive season no lite now its 5hours out of 24hrs and dats is btw 1am-6am..
Ojodu has d worst experience wit phcn,,av even ran away from ojodu now,,lol

It isn't a lie. The transmission station at Ojodu Berger has just been commisioned and power has improved but like I said in my previous post, not every part will feel it immediately because some areas still need to change their transformers, stepdown stations and feeder lines. Some parts are enjoying almost uninterrupted power.
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by thelastPope(m): 11:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
prem love: It look as if lagos is d only state in nigeria dat have constant power supply becos here in delta most especially warri and abraka here i am. Is only buy GOD Grace dat we c light and even use it for two hour u guys have a good governor unlike we dat have ............scared

What nonsense are you typing now? Is it the state governor that provides light? Some of you just display your illiteracy in public. You don't even know how PHCN functions. SMH!
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by SisiKill1: 11:19pm On Mar 04, 2013
SimonAndal:
_
He's not really my type, but I don't have a type per se...maybe I do.....Hugh Jackman?
Hugh Jackman?!!

Simon, Simon dear Simon you speak my language. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by Ucheosefoh(m): 11:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
I dnt know for other states and cities but I can say that the power situation in Onitsha my town and Coal city Enugu where I stay presently have improved alot. With all this heat na fan I de use sleep even due e de blow hot air but its beta than say e no de blow atall
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by kiyosaki1(m): 11:38pm On Mar 04, 2013
thelastPope:

Power has improved nationwide in terms of supply from the power generating stations but some states, especially Lagos, are still not enjoying it because of old dilapidated equipments like bad transformers and feeders lines. The places in Lagos that are enjoying the improved power are mostly new areas which obviously have new transformers, feeders, etc or some areas that have had their equipment upgraded. So you will find that places like Ikorodu, many parts of Surulere, parts of Yaba, festac, Ikoyi, Anthony, Parts of Ikeja, Ogba, Ojodu among others, have improved power. Some areas don't have transmission stations so they have to "borrow" power from other areas. Such areas will only get a few hours allocation. Satellite town is terrible because they have to transmission station close by and their feeder lines are bad. These are issues that can only truly be resolved by the new DISCOs. The present PHCN staff are too incompetent and wicked to do it. They will collect money from a community before they replace their transformer. These transformers are those actually purchased by the FG for onward distribution but the PHCN hierhachy will corner it, and resell it to communities in black market style. Am so glad they are being kicked out.

Lagos is particularly affected because Lagos is growing in leaps and bounds and the populations increasing geometrically. So most of the transformers are overloaded.
Are you part of GEJ E-propagandanist ? No offence,just asking.Mean while PDP launches E-Women today to help counter any -ve opinion about the current inefficient administration,so this just the starting point
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by AbrantieGH(m): 11:39pm On Mar 04, 2013
A-town:

Satellite town...haha....dat area no dey gree get light for months sha. na wa oo. Used to be one of the tushest areas in the 80's with 24/7 power. Now, well.....

See... the last time some suburbs of Lagos had 24/7 power supply was in the friggin 80s! So how can you claim to be better than ANY African country?
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by kiyosaki1(m): 11:42pm On Mar 04, 2013
prem love: It look as if lagos is d only state in nigeria dat have constant power supply becos here in delta most especially warri and abraka here i am. Is only buy GOD Grace dat we c light and even use it for two hour u guys have a good governor unlike we dat have ............scared
Is like that in most part of the country.
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by huninaija(f): 11:49pm On Mar 04, 2013
When will Nigeria have 24/7 hours un-interrupted power supply is my question?

Lekki is shite! If we see up to 1 hours of light in a day, even the light can't carry anything.. Its gen 24/7
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by Samxiulee: 11:52pm On Mar 04, 2013
mosho2good: Why don't u guys come to lagos

Were we have about 6hrs light in a week...

Tanx to d lagoon river if not I would have died wit d heat...

I sleep in lagoon river till morning b4 going to work...
wtf is a lagoon river?@ topic try adelabu,Femi ayantuga or williams estate,the power there is almost 24hrs.
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by creekman(m): 11:53pm On Mar 04, 2013
Thatz a big lie.This is my 7th year in Ojodu and the light situation hasn't improved any bit.As a matter of fact the only thing that has "improved" is the NEPA bill.When I first moved into ojodu in 2006,my first light bill was about N560.00k.Now I pay as high as N18,000/month for the same 3 bedroom flat.Infact there is no Light as at the time of sending in this reply.Thank God for the cold weather due to rainfail this night.
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by Reptyle(m): 12:03am On Mar 05, 2013

Perhaps you are also not living near a "discotheque." Or maybe the "magawatts" are been shared according to party affiliations....by the way, are you a member of the PDP? angry
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 05, 2013
Sisi_Kill:
Hugh Jackman?!!

Simon, Simon dear Simon you speak my language. cheesy cheesy
_
smiley What language is that, dear Murderer of Sisis? Daddy bears?

And have you seen the bloke in Les Misérables? H.O.T.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by dayokanu(m): 12:06am On Mar 05, 2013
Power supply in Aso Rock has also improved

We now have light for like 40hrs a day

Kudos to Fresh Air Jonathan

*Person fit hammer from this 40laptop job this year* Bros Taharqa shey you dey see me o

1 Like

Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by Reptyle(m): 12:09am On Mar 05, 2013
creekman: Thatz a big lie.This is my 7th year in Ojodu and the light situation hasn't improved any bit.As a matter of fact the only thing that has "improved" is the NEPA bill.When I first moved into ojodu in 2006,my first light bill was about N560.00k.Now I pay as high as N18,000/month for the same 3 bedroom flat.Infact there is no Light as at the time of sending in this reply.Thank God for the cold weather due to rainfail this night.

You see yourself? You have lived in that area for 7 years so all your feeder lines and transformers are on the verge of expiry. Your area is also now too old and far from the discotheque for "magawatts" to find your area. Keep hope alive! Magawatts is coming to a disco near you this rainy season. angry
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by cinche(m): 12:15am On Mar 05, 2013
i wan no dat otupaski we talk say lite de de ojodu like say na ghost de stay there. I stay at obokun av in ojodu.... It fair not tu k. There is improvement.the best light av enjoeyd and seen for d past one to two years is gowon estate at 31 road egbeda dem tu de get lite .....full current . Lite off for lik 3 hours coupls of days. Eku wonri kemo
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by clip: 2:02am On Mar 05, 2013
I ve reason to stay at hotel in Oshodi,Charity area. Icahn say I am surprise they enjoy about 20hrs of electricity.
EKo O Ni Ba Je O.
Unlike my state Governor Amechi who promised us constant electricity by December 2012. All we get is 2hrs of constant electricity per day on the average within Rumuokwuta and Ada George area.
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by harlos: 3:58am On Mar 05, 2013
Pukkah:

Which area of Ojodu? Sabo or Berger? Omole Estate or River Valley Estate? Or is it Akute road? None of the areas in Ojodu gets up to 21 hours a day.
In my area it is true, around Aina,Adigboluja,Muritala and surroundings like that we enjoy up to 20hrs power supply daily if not more.

...Wait is Akute part of ojodu
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by Pukkah: 4:00am On Mar 05, 2013
ifyalways: Ikoyi gets constant light too.22 hours each day.Chevron has become crap these days.

Ikoyi gets 22 hrs? Does this include Ikoyi Club road, Awolowo Road, Bourdillon/Alexandra and Ikoyi Police Station area?
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by opmoore(m): 6:05am On Mar 05, 2013
At least Nigerians are saying the Truth am a Witness 22hrs per day Except on OFF days Araromi in Iyana Ipaja.
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by olly4life: 6:40am On Mar 05, 2013
I marvel @ some comments here, rejoicing over 6hrs, 12hrs, 21 hrs light when ur retarded oga said light has improved. We need to b enjoying this light 24hrs a day equally across d country. If some of U̶̲̥̅̊ travel out of d country & see light continuously, am sure U̶̲̥̅̊ will not settle 4 nothing less 24hrs. Am not impress @ all. E.g U̶̲̥̅̊ are entitle to an orange but it was cut into 4 pieces & U̶̲̥̅̊ are giving 1 peace & U̶̲̥̅̊ start rejoicing dat U̶̲̥̅̊ av an orange. Nigeria think.
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by akymme(m): 7:12am On Mar 05, 2013
ojodu will always have the best power supply because the deputy governor of lagos state lives there.
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 05, 2013
Why cant these shameless ACN/APC propagandists post comments about light situation in their own area and allow others to freely do the same? Why do the ACN/APC propagandists try to bully anyone that admits to improved power supply? Why is the ACN/APC propagandists LOSING SLEEP because of the progress we'r seeing in almost every sector? Why is the ACN/APC propagandists anti-progress?
We need answers
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by jasmine21(f): 7:35am On Mar 05, 2013
Ehn ehn?? Oginni? Improved power wetin? I live in Ikeja, Alausa to be precise. Despite d fact that we r even rubbing shoulders with the secretariat, we can only boast of 5-6 hrs which is frm 11pm! Mscheeew

thelastPope:

Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by jagabanban: 7:36am On Mar 05, 2013
I used to reside in Lagos and while I would agree that power supply in Ojodu is better than what is obtained in most parts of Lagos, I disagree with the statistics of 21 hours given by @ OP. A plausible reason for the good supply Ojodu enjoys is that a former MD of NEPA has a house around the Aina axis, and anytime he is in town, NEPA becomes 'born again' . . .
Re: Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos by oddy4real(m): 8:25am On Mar 05, 2013
I stay at Bar Beach Towers, Bishop Oluwole Crescent, Victoria Island and we have light for AT LEAST, 18 hours a day.
In my residence at Oluyole in Ibadan too, the same is obtainable!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Insecurity: Killings, Destructions In North Going Out Of Hand, Elders Cry Out / PDP Governors To Release Jonathan’s One-term Pact / Nnamdi Kanu Engages New Legal Team As Trial Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.