Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do (3675 Views)

Discover the 10 Most Powerful Tips of Digital Marketing in Nigeria / 5 Page Website For Educational Consulting Firm / I Need A 5 Page Website With One Year Hosting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by darkhand: 1:18am On Mar 05, 2013
Hi guys and gals,

I saw a couple of members offering this and I was glad. This is something I have been doing for some time. What do I do? Well I design and build a 5 page business website for anyone at a cost of =N=5,000 and I also throw in hosting for free. What my customers need is to get a domain.

Now I think we should all show that this is a needed service. There is a market for =N=100,000 websites and there is a market for ours.

So do you need an affordable website without the inflated cost? Let this thread be where you come to express yourself. ed

*I have had to add this as the local competition are going crazy with worry.
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by GraphicsPlus(m): 6:55am On Mar 05, 2013
let's make it 2k.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by jamessmit(m): 10:31am On Mar 05, 2013
Your website is the online face of your business, So don't think about a budget while creating a beautiful web design for your business. Web design costs vary on different factors. Don't choose a web design company who costs you less money - Just verify all necessary queries for your business and ensures that - They will fulfill all your needs and helps you later for site maintenance.
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by sisqology(m): 11:19am On Mar 05, 2013
Smh! Let's kuku make it 500naira

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by Napolitano(m): 12:04pm On Mar 05, 2013
sisqology: Smh! Let's kuku make it 500naira

Seconded. some people simply prefer mediocrity.
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by darkhand: 2:26am On Mar 06, 2013
It is sad to see grown up boys and men shaking in fear. Its alright guys , you can still overcharge your victims customers. We will give quality service at an affordable price.

Please where in the world other than a system full of predators can this statement be made "So don't think about a budget while creating a beautiful web design for your business"
[size=14pt]Really?

Please those of us that don't have money to donate to people will continue to try and get the best deal we can. [/size]

Guys and girls a five page business website with free hosting at =N=5,000. Let us make this the benchmark price for a website. Come get one and show your support.
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by velo10: 4:19pm On Mar 06, 2013
darkhand: It is sad to see grown up boys and men shaking in fear. Its alright guys , you can still overcharge your victims customers. We will give quality service at an affordable price.

Please where in the world other than a system full of predators can this statement be made "So don't think about a budget while creating a beautiful web design for your business"
[size=14pt]Really?

Please those of us that don't have money to donate to people will continue to try and get the best deal we can. [/size]

Guys and girls a five page business website with free hosting at =N=5,000. Let us make this the benchmark price for a website. Come get one and show your support.

If this guy were an architect, he'll charge N50,000 to build the plan for a 4-storey building.
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by bigfat04(m): 4:56pm On Mar 06, 2013
[size=15pt]i think websites like www .webs. com should be closed down since people hate this cheap 5,000 website of a thing ,i guess you are afraid of competition...what happened to glo ,airtel ,mtn they are full of competition and none insult each other except they do review their services so what is new ?[/size]

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by yawatide(f): 10:47pm On Mar 06, 2013
OP:
As a firm believer in the free market, I am all for you setting your prices as low as you want. One stipulation: make sure that after factoring in your time spent, hosting fees, maintenance time, etc., that you are still running a profit...a profit margin (as opposed to gross profit) that is enough for you to pay your bills with and have a little left over for a rainy day. All I ask is that your quality not be compromised. Remember though:

1) You are not a government, which means that you have no tax-generating base to make up for any losses.

2) Developing a website involves creating the graphics, meeting/talking to the client, actual coding, hosting fees, etc etc. The likes of web.com can do what they do because they have a large enough customer base that whatever losses they make can be made up for by their other ventures.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by darkhand: 1:32am On Mar 07, 2013
@ yawa-ti-de
I take your point but it seems that a lot of people misunderstand. These websites are for a particular market. Small business. Nothing here says that I will build a website for a commercial bank for this price.

yawa-ti-de:
OP:
As a firm believer in the free market, I am all for you setting your prices as low as you want. One stipulation: make sure that after factoring in your time spent, hosting fees, maintenance time, etc., that you are still running a profit...a profit margin (as opposed to gross profit) that is enough for you to pay your bills with and have a little left over for a rainy day. All I ask is that your quality not be compromised. Remember though:

1) You are not a government, which means that you have no tax-generating base to make up for any losses.

2) Developing a website involves creating the graphics, meeting/talking to the client, actual coding, hosting fees, etc etc. The likes of web.com can do what they do because they have a large enough customer base that whatever losses they make can be made up for by their other ventures.
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by darkhand: 1:34am On Mar 07, 2013
bigfat04: [size=15pt]i think websites like www .webs. com should be closed down since people hate this cheap 5,000 website of a thing ,i guess you are afraid of competition...what happened to glo ,airtel ,mtn they are full of competition and none insult each other except they do review their services so what is new ?[/size]

Help me tell them oh!
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by velo10: 5:53am On Mar 07, 2013
yawa-ti-de:
OP:

Thanks Yawatide. It's all these cheap web designing course that teaches you the rudimentary of Dreamweaver that led to this. Perhaps if they spent like 150k to enrol in Aptech or NIIT, they'll think twice about their charitable offer. Well I won't blame them sha. When I started I did websites for 10k and one for free just to build my portfolio. grin grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by darkhand: 3:21am On Mar 08, 2013
It would be a shame if all these "bad belle" people frightened the honest hard working people who would benefit from these websites away.

Come and get one and let us show that we are still part of the normal world. A five page business website with free hosting.
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by bengs(m): 5:37am On Mar 08, 2013
darkhand: Hi guys and gals,

I saw a couple of members offering this and I was glad. This is something I have been doing for some time. What do I do? Well I design and build a 5 page business website for anyone at a cost of =N=5,000 and I also throw in hosting for free. What my customers need is to get a domain.

Now I think we should all show that this is a needed service. There is a market for =N=100,000 websites and there is a market for ours.

So do you need an affordable website without the inflated cost? Let this thread be where you come to express yourself.

Ineed ur service 08038246223
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by mrkels(m): 1:43pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hell I would build a website for you free, even more than this 5 page stuff, all you got to do is pay for your own domain name and your own hosting.
Contact me on my mail: my nairaland username above ^^^ @gmail.com grin

Am actually very serious.
Need to update my port folio...

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by Leopantro: 2:41pm On Mar 08, 2013
darkhand: @ yawa-ti-de
I take your point but it seems that a lot of people misunderstand. These websites are for a particular market. Small business. Nothing here says that I will build a website for a commercial bank for this price.

so on point. you need to specify what kind of website you gave in mind. I listen to a lot of online radios and I remember a certain program where I man was eating in a restaurant and overheard the manager complaining to someone that he wanted to open a website for his restaurant business. the customer opened his laptop and opened a website for the manager at a certain site for free and gave the guy the password for the website in under 10 mins. if you want an elaborate website I suppose paying that amount is justified. but for a simple business website, you don't have to pay through your nose. but man must eat and suckers are bitten every day
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by darkhand: 3:39pm On Mar 08, 2013
bengs:

Ineed ur service 08038246223

I sent you a text. Send you name, email address and corporate profile to me
at dcards28 at gmail dot com
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by darkhand: 3:47pm On Mar 08, 2013
mrkels: Hell I would build

Am actually very serious.

So am I. Why don't you go open your own thread? Or are you to lazy to do even that?

What you have just done does not make you look smart, just lazy and desperate. Those two traits really mean you should be avoided by any right thinking person.
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by darkhand: 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2013
Sorry guys and girls, I should have added this earlier. To get one of these websites all you need to do is send me your name, email address and corporate profile at
dcards28 at gmail dot com you can also drop a message on this thread.
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by mrkels(m): 4:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
Who is this ode? undecided ^^^
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by mrkels(m): 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2013
darkhand:

Or are you to lazy to do even that?

Your english is terrible, go back to Kindergarten.
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by bengs(m): 10:03am On Mar 09, 2013
darkhand:

I sent you a text. Send you name, email address and corporate profile to me
at dcards28 at gmail dot com
I saw your text ...thanks..but I will like to see samples of the ones you have done....
I already have a website that has been launched for over 3 years....so I am not a learner....but I want to see what u can do as well to improve the existing site...
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by mcfranc(m): 12:28pm On Mar 09, 2013
hmmmmm.... just whistling and nodding my head.
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by mckanute: 6:34pm On Mar 09, 2013
Look for a cheap web hosting service in or out of Nigeria - it doesn't matter. Maybe you'll get a better deal with a foreign service. I'll suggest www.aruba.it - its cheap and efficient for small/medium websites. Then get someone to build a good CMS website. Remember websites grow rapidly, today you need only five pages tomorrow you're dealing with 50+ pages. With CMS like WordPress you create pages on-the-fly. Pages don't pre-exist, they come to life only when you want.
I hope this helps grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 09, 2013
Never occurred to me that some people think penury is cool. Keep building your 5k sites while I build one for 100k and deal with classy clients.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by darkhand: 2:34am On Mar 10, 2013
blink182: Never occurred to me that some people think penury is cool. Keep building your 5k sites while I build one for 100k and deal with classy clients.

Really? You think we have not thought this through? You get rich by building websites? I laugh in PHP.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by darkhand: 2:36am On Mar 10, 2013
bengs:
I saw your text ...thanks..but I will like to see samples of the ones you have done....
I already have a website that has been launched for over 3 years....so I am not a learner....but I want to see what u can do as well to improve the existing site...

I have sent you an email, please check your box.
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by chuchutech(m): 3:03am On Mar 10, 2013
You guyz talk childish, its because many of you that call urself web designers can't even type a single line of code, all u do is to find a CMS like joomla or drupa or wordpress and just click click and be disturbing everyone that you can design and develop site, me am very proud of myself cos i develop all work from scratch and i can't take N5,000 for it, i have uniqueness in me, check out my works, www.fgcnisealumni.org, my bulksms @ www.boltsms247.com, www.fastestbulksms.com etc. U guyz should better don't spoil the market, well i still believe u can't use joomla to design a complex site like jamb result checker :-P
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by AFOLSNETWORKS(m): 7:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
It depends on who your target audience is, if it is just start ups and small businesses, no harm.

But when u will go and submit proposal where I have submitted proposals, that where wahala will start.

Someone called me and made enquiries about how much I will design a website for him, I said N50k and he said it is cheap that someone already charged him N150k and I told him, it all depends on the specification of his job.

So in ur case, u can go ahead and make it N2,000, no wahala but u can be sure u wont see my break light.

[size=16pt]A[/size]fols[size=16pt]N[/size]etworks

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by mike98989gmail: 2:25am On Mar 11, 2013
Peps who make website for =N=5000 are all reproach to the industry... You are doing business because you so so greedy.......(All you do is give customers one template pattern) Watch out; you can neva grow....
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by darkhand: 5:10am On Mar 11, 2013
mike98989@gmail:
Peps who make website for =N=5000 are all reproach to the industry... You are doing business because you so so greedy.......(All you do is give customers one template pattern) Watch out; you can neva grow....

Sorry, I couldn't help laughing out loud. I am greedy that is why I REDUCED my prices? You are not because you INCREASED yours?

What we do is offer to the public a professionally designed website at a cost that is affordable. I think we should be thanked for bringing website creation and design closer to the people.
Re: What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do by chuchutech(m): 5:44am On Mar 11, 2013
darkhand:

Sorry, I couldn't help laughing out loud. I am greedy that is why I REDUCED my prices? You are not because you INCREASED yours?

What we do is offer to the public a professionally designed website at a cost that is affordable. I think we should be thanked for bringing website creation and design closer to the people.
darkhand, pls give us @ least five sites you have designed lets see if its not a wordpress theme all of them, a person that coded his site with hand won't be talking like u, and tell me d hosting company u will use to host d site, pls give us ur works lets see

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Tips On How To Increase Your Adsense Page CTR (click-through-rate) / Reason Why Most Wapkans We Never Succeed In The Web World / *** PERFECTMONEY Buy/Sell, AliExpress Payment & EBAY Payment Etc; Come In.**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.