Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,808,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline (7789 Views)

NIS Repatriates 7, 000 Illegal Immigrants / Rain Destroys 200 Houses In Ondo, Ekiti / Vandals Bust Another Pipeline In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by naijainfogalery: 9:24am On Mar 05, 2013
After the Ugly Incident in Arepo Area of Lagos, the NNPC (Nigerian National Petroleum Commission) has taken a step further by making sure all Illegal Structures on The Pipeline is destroyed, The exercise started last month (February 2013) where different Structures on the pipeline worth millions of Naira are brought down with Bulldozers in Conjuction with the Nigerian Army to make sure the process goes smoothly.

The funny part of this story is that before your building is bulldozed, The Army will force you to bring down part of the structure before they finally crush it down with their heavy duty vehicles. This has been a very difficult time for many as they were given less than 24 hours to evacuate.

Under the Nigerian law, Every building should be One Hundred feet (100 feet) distance from the pipeline, this development came as a shock to many because the notice was short, but other claimed they've been warned and given notices over 8 years ago.

This development has rendered many hopeless as these pipeline has been turned to a residential house, markets, stores, Churches, Mosques and several business ventures.

The operations which started at Arepo has which led to properties worth millions of Naira destroyed or pulled down has extended to Akute Area of Ogun State and spreading towards Alagbole to fagba in Iju.

Please note if you properties located in these areas on the Pipeline, immediate evacuation would be advised

Click here to read more and more pictures http://naijainformationgallery..com/
Like us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NaijaInformationGallery
Follow us on Twitter: @naijainfogalery

Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by naijainfogalery: 9:30am On Mar 05, 2013
Affected Buildings

Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by FRR1: 9:54am On Mar 05, 2013
I don't pity these ppl a bit. Wisdom...Wisdom...Wisdom...Abide by the laws of the land and you will never get hurt...
Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 05, 2013
Does it mean all these houses were built on restricted area? What were the authorities doing all the while? Good riddance, I must say.
Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by victorazy(m): 11:17am On Mar 05, 2013
FRR1: I don't pity these ppl a bit. Wisdom...Wisdom...Wisdom...Abide by the laws of the land and you will never get hurt...

mmmmmm u don finish the talk!!!
Iberie bu oria! They should be arrested
Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by softandmoist(f): 11:18am On Mar 05, 2013
it's easy to play victim all the time and blame the government. when the pipelines explode underneath and blast you and your bambinoes to smithereens, you blame the government too. which way, naija?
Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 05, 2013
The affected people were issued warning last year but they ignored, i heard some even did rituals thinking that would make the government forget the proposed demolition... These people don't seem to know the danger of living on a pipeline or worse a gaseline. Just imagine the scenario of a pipe leaking in the middle of the night and it leads to explosion within a residential area... Now someone would come and say rubbish that the government is brutal and unfair for demolishing houses.. Abeg Eko oni baje...... grin grin
Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by ocelot2006(m): 11:21am On Mar 05, 2013
shiftbutton: Ok we have heard,
When did u say u were building the refineries?
Oh damm, dat dream again!!!!

And when will you allow the FG withdraw the fuel subsidy without taking to the street, so as to provide a profitable market for investors eager to build new refineries in Nigeria?

Oh yeah, dat dream too!!

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by RedLight1: 11:31am On Mar 05, 2013
ocelot2006:

And when will you allow the FG withdraw the fuel subsidy without taking to the street, so as to provide a profitable market for investors eager to build new refineries in Nigeria?

Oh yeah, dat dream too!!
and since govt v been removing subsidy, how many investor has come into nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by crusufixo(m): 11:38am On Mar 05, 2013
So they are just realizing ........... them try !!!!
Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by Scarpon(m): 11:42am On Mar 05, 2013
that's cool
Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by FRR1: 11:55am On Mar 05, 2013
ocelot2006:

Oh yeah, dat dream too!!
God bless you my brother. Seriously! I have been looking for someone that thinks like me. There is no way foreign investors will come into the country and invest in a regulated market. The market must be opened up.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by FRR1: 11:56am On Mar 05, 2013
Red-Light:
and since govt has been removing subsidy, how many investor has come into nigeria?

The market is still highly regulated.
Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by naijainfogalery: 12:00pm On Mar 05, 2013
More Pics

Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by naijainfogalery: 12:04pm On Mar 05, 2013
More

Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by alex406(m): 12:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
Senseless nnpc. Is that the best way to approach it?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by free2ryhme: 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2013
ok ooo destroy everything
Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by backtosender: 12:21pm On Mar 05, 2013
the place look run down
Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by BlackPeni5: 12:28pm On Mar 05, 2013
alex406: Senseless nnpc. Is that the best way to approach it?

No it is not the best. The best way is to remove the pipe and put it else where... cheesy

7 Likes

Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by Madasisteve: 12:47pm On Mar 05, 2013
FRR1:

Just making excuses for government failure
Tell me any market that is not regulated in ideal society.
The telecom operators has just been told to charge only four Naira for text messages
So that is not regulation. Tell us another good reason pls
Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by ocelot2006(m): 12:50pm On Mar 05, 2013
Red-Light:
and since govt has been removing subsidy, how many investor has come into nigeria?

And has the subsidy been fully withdrawn? Are current prices being dictated by the market, or pegged at a given price by the FG?
Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by RedLight1: 12:51pm On Mar 05, 2013
FRR1:

yes since 1999 the market is still highly regulated while the likes of otedola ae pocketting billions in the name of subsidy and deregulation

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by RedLight1: 12:55pm On Mar 05, 2013
ocelot2006:

And has the subsidy been fully withdrawn? Are current prices being dictated by the market, or pegged at a given price by the FG?
should i remind u that obasanjo completely removed subsidy before leaving office? he left it at 75naira ...yet another subsidy still surface from no where ... ok lemme remind u again ..do u know govt dont subsidize diesel? what has the government done with the money ?
Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 05, 2013
I give thanks to God, my parent's house was saved by just some metres..it was a horrifying experience in akute here, where many shops and some houses were demolished.
One sad thing there is the only market in dat area used to be on the pipeline, now its been cleared clean.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by seunajia: 1:08pm On Mar 05, 2013
Its early days yet, but I can't find anyone screaming that the government is making people homeless here and no one is talking about paying compensation. Where are the e-warriors? Human right activists?

Billyonaire (Akpors), NEO-IV, baby_123 and co, the government is perpetuating another injustice against the Nigerian poor o. Who will fight for them?

Some people who call themselves Nigerians. Smh.
Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
Why na,the govt shouldn't clear the affected houses na,

They should be razed down. Senseless citizens.
Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by dedons: 1:29pm On Mar 05, 2013
NAIJA!!!always cry wen the head is already OFF.
Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by dedons: 1:35pm On Mar 05, 2013
Yomieluv: Why na,the govt shouldn't clear the affected houses na,

They should be razed down. Senseless citizens.

Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by dedons: 1:37pm On Mar 05, 2013
[quote author=dedons][/quote]hehehehehehehe
Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by jpphilips(m): 1:46pm On Mar 05, 2013
FRR1:
God bless you my brother. Seriously! I have been looking for someone that thinks like me. There is no way foreign investors will come into the country and invest in a regulated market. The market must be opened up.

that someone thinks like you is an indication he is suffering what you are suffering. could it be ignorance??
Re: NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline by formaticeffect: 1:54pm On Mar 05, 2013
Buyer Needed for LPFO: AGO, FOB, CIF AND TTO
Interested buyer should reach me on 08074651587, 08039290823.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is The Cutest Male And Female Nairalander? / Picture Of The Fish With Half Human Being In Ibadan. / LAYI - Lay Aside Your Intros (i'm around).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.