Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism (11278 Views)

Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown / Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her / Shocking Facts Of Pistorius' Murder Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by free13: 11:21pm On Mar 05, 2013
On Sunday, Henke Pistorius came out and blamed the ANC government for failing to protect white families while also revealing that he and other members of the family owned a total of 55 guns to protect them from criminals.
"Some of the guns are for hunting and some are for protection. It speaks to the ANC government, look at white crime levels, why protection is so poor in this country, it's an aspect of our society," he told the Telegraph.

"You can't rely on the police, not because they are inefficient always but because crime is so rife."
In response, Arnold Pistorius, who is Henke's brother and Oscar's uncle said in a statement: "Oscar Pistorius' family is deeply concerned about the comments made by Oscar's father, Henke Pistorius, to the Telegraph about the family using its weapons to defend themselves against crime in South Africa, [b]and especially about his comments that the ANC government is not willing to protect white South Africans," he said.[/b]
"Oscar and the rest of the Pistorius family distances itself from the comments. Henke's interview with the newspaper was unapproved by our media liaison team. The comments don't represent the views of Oscar or the rest of the Pistorius family."

The ANC also released a statement declaring Henke's comments "racist."
"The African National Congress rejects with contempt the accusation made by Henke Pistorius (the father to Oscar Pistorius) to a UK newspaper that 'the ANC government is not willing to protect white South Africans'," said their national spokesman Jackson Mthembu.
"Not only is this statement devoid of truth, it is also racist. It is sad that he has chosen to politicise a tragic incident that is still fresh in the minds of those affected and the public. This tragic incident has affected two families that are still trying to come to terms with what happened and this latest racist slur is not assisting these families. We think it is ill-advisable for anyone to start apportioning undue blame.
"The ANC believes that the Pistorius and (Reeva) Steenkamp matter is in the capable hands of our competent courts who are expected to handle the matter objectively and in accordance with our laws. Any speculation can only prejudice the case."

Last month South African Olympic and Paralympic star Pistorius was awarded bail after being accused of murdering his girlfriend Steenkamp.
A South African court granted bail to Pistorius after his lawyers successfully argued the "Blade Runner" was too famous to flee justice.
Prosecutors argued Pistorius committed premeditated murder when he fired four shots into a locked toilet door, hitting his girlfriend on the other side. Steenkamp, 29, suffered gunshot wounds to her head, hip and arm.
Pistorius said the killing was a tragic mistake, saying he had mistaken Steenkamp for an intruder - and opened fire in a blind panic.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/pistorius-case-pistorius-family-deeply-concerned-fathers-comments-112601857.html
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by free13: 11:31pm On Mar 05, 2013
This man is sick.
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 05, 2013
Ig south african ANC like make dem jail all white e no concern me after all nobe only white people sabi discriminate.
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by ZnO: 1:00am On Mar 06, 2013
So what has the man's accusation got to do with his white son killing his white girlfriend? Is the man suggesting that the son should not be tried for something, murder, manslaughter, whareva?

4 Likes

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Jesuspikin87(m): 8:53am On Mar 06, 2013
Were ni baba yi sa!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by eddy1977(m): 11:54am On Mar 06, 2013
I totally agree with henke pistorius.
Black people are the most racist people in the world. And black south Africans are even worse.not only are they racists,they are also xenophobic.
Have you seen what they do to other african immigrants?

I have been to south africa many times. My last trip was last November. And i can testify that those black south africans,especially the political leaders are very racists.

Henke pistorius is telling the truth. White south Africans should open their eyes because those savagez hate them with a passion. If i was a white south African i would do just like henke. Buy my guns and bullets and wait for those savages.

1 Like

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by mzansigirl(f): 6:08pm On Mar 06, 2013
^^^^ What u and ur frind Henke r saying is not factual, criminals in SA target evryone- black people get hijacked, house robbery, murdered all the time. Criminals don't just target Afrikaners

2 Likes

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by eddy1977(m): 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2013
mzansigirl: ^^^^ What u and ur frind Henke r saying is not factual, criminals in SA target evryone- black people get hijacked, house robbery, murdered all the time. Criminals don't just target Afrikaners

True. Criminals do not dicriminate. Amen to that.
But i was talking specifically about the wickedness of black south africans. Their bigotry and xenophobia is sickening.
Have you seen or heard what they say about other subsaharan africans? Some of my friends escaped death narrowly in some township a couple years ago.my friends were returning from a trip from guangzhou china. They decided to stop for three days in Johannesburg.one morning,they go sight seeing. Oh boy.the mfwetus met them.it was hell to pay.

Unless you are biased, but those people are bigots,they are xenophobic and racists. From zuma to the homeless mfwetu.
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by mzansigirl(f): 7:40pm On Mar 06, 2013
^^^^ I'm black south african and I'm not xenophobic, but of coz according to u we all are. Do u always walk around painting evryone with the same brush? I'm wondering if all anti-SA nairalanders like u for instance(I have seen the threads) are a true representation of all Nigerians? Ur frinds were in the wrong place at the wrong time and just got caught in the cycle of violence that SA is going thru. The very mfwetus u talk about have probably mugged and killed many a black south africans before.

1 Like

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by eddy1977(m): 11:03pm On Mar 06, 2013
mzansigirl: ^^^^ I'm black south african and I'm not xenophobic, but of coz according to u we all are. Do u always walk around painting evryone with the same brush? I'm wondering if all anti-SA nairalanders like u for instance(I have seen the threads) are a true representation of all Nigerians? Ur frinds were in the wrong place at the wrong time and just got caught in the cycle of violence that SA is going thru. The very mfwetus u talk about have probably mugged and killed many a black south africans before.

I didnt not mention your name. You maybe the exception to the general rule. Also, i am not a Nigerian.never even been anywhere close to Nigeria.

If you are truly a South African woman,then you are either telling a lie about South African bigotry and xenophobia, or you are in denial.
The whole world watched in awe as black South Africans savagely attacked hopeless Zimbabweans and Somalis.they even threatened to do worse.
My friends in Capetown lived in constant fear inside their houses because of these wicked people. My own brother was attacked in midday with knives by a mob of xenophobic black South Africans in 2010. He was rushed to a nearby hospital.

I know those people. I lived with them. They are bigots.

Again,there is a section of other South Africans who do not condone those actions.but they are in the minority.you may be in that group.the few,the proud ones.
But the other millions of xhosas,zuluz,sothos etc... Are very evil. God save us from them.

1 Like

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by jba203: 8:38am On Mar 07, 2013
Wherever you find a multiracial society like Mzansi, you are bound to here people scream racism and reverse racism. Most White people are bitter that South Africa is under black governace and their grand children will not benefit as they did. They never chanted against it during Apartheid when the Nationalist were being racist toward the blacks. Most whites all over the world suffer from Superiority complex that clouds the reality.

13 Likes

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by iamswizz(m): 9:47am On Mar 07, 2013
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 07, 2013
**sent from my Nitel ipad**

2 Likes

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by miredia(m): 9:49am On Mar 07, 2013
When silence is actually golden. Mr Henke your tongue just drowned your son a little further.

1 Like

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 07, 2013
Laughable... in a country where the white minorities are still disproportionately richer than the black natives... A country where all the meaningful corporate positions are still occupied by whites and where they kill black miners at will... A country where most blacks still live in the slums...

The guy overdosed on steroids - blame the steroids!!

4 Likes

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 07, 2013
shymexx: Laughable... in a country where the white minorities are still disproportionately richer than the black natives... A country where all the meaningful corporate positions are still occupied by whites and where they kill black miners at will... A country where most blacks still live in the slums...

The guy overdosed on steroids - blame the steroids!!
Racist i don,t know nt in south Africa,but for security is all over,africa is nt secure.Is LUCKY DUBE a white man?let him go and think again

2 Likes

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by donsax: 10:02am On Mar 07, 2013
eddy1977: I totally agree with henke pistorius.
Black people are the most racist people in the world. And black south Africans are even worse.not only are they racists,they are also xenophobic.

I have been to south africa many times. My last trip was last November. And i can testify that those black south africans,especially the political leaders are very racists.

Henke pistorius is telling the truth. White south Africans should open their eyes because those savagez hate them with a passion. If i was a white south African i would do just like henke. Buy my guns and bullets and wait for those savages.

How could you say black people is the most racist people in the world? How many black Countries have you been and how many whites country have you been before coming t conclusion?v just because you been to SA and had horrible experienced you now tamed all black racist? I can only see african countries as jealousy......why Don't you go to Albania and come tell us about whites? Nonsense!

5 Likes

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 07, 2013

Truth or no truth,there is a murder case against Oscar which should be resolved asap.this is not about racism or xenophobia.

Whites are not exempted from criminal prosecution.
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Igeadekunle(m): 10:06am On Mar 07, 2013
mistaken to kill his girl friend or intentional.
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by KINGwax(m): 10:09am On Mar 07, 2013
mzansigirl: ^^^^ I'm black south african and I'm not xenophobic, but of coz according to u we all are.
u are probably 1 in a Billion if u are not xenophobic as a south African. Your racism stretches beyond the whites cos u plainly discriminate among your fellow black brothers!!!
I knw ds cos I av enuff friends in SA, both sexes and we quarel everytime!!!
You southies and ghanians are supposed to be on the same roof. The hocuspocus abt ur behavior is u think u're inferior, when in the real sense, it is purely a sense of inferiority.
But our corrupt officials are d one puttin d wrong word into ur mouth.
FIY: ilike d americans, I dnt think Nigerians give a slim fucck!!!
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 07, 2013
mzansigirl: ^^^^ I'm black south african and I'm not xenophobic, but of coz according to u we all are. Do u always walk around painting evryone with the same brush? I'm wondering if all anti-SA nairalanders like u for instance(I have seen the threads) are a true representation of all Nigerians? Ur frinds were in the wrong place at the wrong time and just got caught in the cycle of violence that SA is going thru. The very mfwetus u talk about have probably mugged and killed many a black south africans before.
If you're not xenophobic, i wil find you and marry you.. grin
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:16am On Mar 07, 2013
Henke Pistorious is high on weeds. Just to defend his son, he's spitting rubbish!
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by chrisdoller(m): 10:22am On Mar 07, 2013

u are so sick how did that have to affect the killing here or should he not be tried because he is a white?

1 Like

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 07, 2013
chrisdoller:

u are so sick how did that have to affect the killing here or should he not be tried because he is a white?
You just killed English shocked
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Willgates(m): 10:24am On Mar 07, 2013

My dear, Nigeria is apparently divided into two partz-the north and d south! D former is a definitn of everytin bad! From xenophobia,racism, religious biggotery,abject poverty,just name it. D Southen part of our country is a 'paradise.' if u r black,u r regarded as an average Nigerian n if u r white,u regarded as a 1st class citizen!

3 Likes

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by vizboy(m): 10:26am On Mar 07, 2013
can some one help me shot that mouth of the guy father.let the case be processed in the court of law if your son is found not guilty he would be set free but i doubt that
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by miredia(m): 10:29am On Mar 07, 2013
Willgates:

My dear, Nigeria is apparently divided into two partz-the north and d south! D former is a definitn of everytin bad! From xenophobia,racism, religious biggotery,abject poverty,just name it. D Southen part of our country is a 'paradise.' if u r black,u r regarded as an average Nigerian n if u r white,u regarded as a 1st class citizen!
Sir this is absolutely incoherent, bogus and bizzare

4 Likes

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by animari(f): 10:36am On Mar 07, 2013
(I am a white south african woman) evil goes where its welcome and it doesn't discriminate- SA's general atmosphere is violent and phobias abound through the entire spectrum of the people-please stop the hate** I believe most humans really want peace - a home-food and love- fighting hate with hate is futile- spread the love** we are all acountable for our own deeds to a God who doesn't discriminate**

7 Likes

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 07, 2013
Willgates:

All those happens in the north just because of boko haram?.. are you sick?
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 07, 2013
Willgates:

Stop tripping.southern Nigeria is famous for kidnapping and armed robbery.paradise ko,hell fire ni

2 Likes

Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by daywatcher: 10:52am On Mar 07, 2013
story...now they know what it feels like now they are wearing the shoe
Re: Pistorius' Father Accuses South-Africa Of Racism by Costa2000(m): 10:58am On Mar 07, 2013
Racism everywhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

African Group Drums Support For Phil Murphy's Re-election As New Jersey Governor / Usa Economy Is Falling / US Secretary Of State Blinken Says Ukraine Will Be NATO Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.