Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) (1549 Views)

Top 10 Players Who Never Received A Red Card( Pics) / Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? / Burkina Faso To Appeal Red Card ,Tunisian Ref Suspended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 05, 2013
By the rules of the game it was a red card. Maybe you people should try reading them once in a while. That said, it seemed harsh. He was sent off for dangerous play purely because he made contact with another player. If the rules are to be enforced purely on what is written in the rules, anyone putting their foot above waist height will be sent off for dangerous play

Replays have proven that nani did a quick check shoulder that revealed arbeloa's position before initiating his high challenge. Even if it was unintentional his studs were up, both feet weren't on the ground and it was a dangerous play. It took bags of courage and I think the ref made the right decision but he should have tamper justice with mercy i think .

was a great game of football then the Turkish ref ruined it ( according to man u fans) ... coincidence the same ref who sent off terry

This is just my opinion , what is yours

pls no insult of any kind
Re: Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) by leonshom(m): 11:45pm On Mar 05, 2013
I think it was justified, d ball was still on d air while Nani went wiv a very dangerous hard tackle, i fink he deserved d Red Card !
Re: Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 06, 2013
I totally disagree with your idea of a concise 'shoulder check' before going for the challenge. And these are my reasons.. Nani didn't deserve a red card for three reasons..
1. It was a 50:50 challenge if you consider that the Real Madrid player actually ran into him from out of his line of vision.
2. Nani got to the ball first and had better chances of better control on it.
3.Nani was totally backing the player and the cameras showed he had his eyes on the ball right from the pass..
Re: Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) by tifem1(m): 1:40am On Mar 06, 2013
All join, it is just the beginning 4 man utd. They have nt seen anytin yet, lets just say a little portion of their deeds.
Re: Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) by Nobody: 6:18am On Mar 06, 2013
tifem1: All join, it is just the beginning 4 man utd. They have nt seen anytin yet, lets just say a little portion of their deeds.

lol
Re: Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) by Nobody: 6:42am On Mar 06, 2013
Another point to note

if torres deserves a red card for being fouled by
evans and shelvey a red card for a 50-50 challenge
with evans.....what do you think nani deserves
Re: Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 06, 2013
However the Turk sent off Chelsea captain John Terry against Barcelona in last year's semi-final second leg at the Camp Nou, and dimissed Mario Balotelli in Manchester City's 1-0 win over Dinamo Kiev in 2011.

But can't man u play 1 man down ?
Re: Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 06, 2013
man u fans i know its not easy to loose at this point
and at home, does it mean you people cannot play short-one? Last season when it happens against man city you people conceded 7goals, against bayern in 2010 you people gave away a three goal lead just because of a red CARD to Rafeal 15minutes before TIME, does it mean man u don't have plan B?

Pls stop complaining red card are part of the game.
Chelsea still drawn the almighty barca in their home with 10men, and so many other clubs man u inclusive.

next time pray for a ref like webb
Re: Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) by boron10(m): 6:59am On Mar 06, 2013
Man Utd fans, live with it. What goes around comes around
Re: Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 06, 2013
I actually thought you were an unbiased reasonable sports fan who wanted to rub minds, but I see I'm completely wrong in every sense of it. Too bad you had to cover up the stink underneath with icing..
Re: Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 06, 2013
CHYKMAN: I actually thought you were an unbiased reasonable sports fan who wanted to rub minds, but I see I'm completely wrong in every sense of it. Too bad you had to cover up the stink underneath with icing..

I am just stating the obvious fact and its on record
Re: Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) by Feedmemore(f): 8:53am On Mar 06, 2013
The red card was justify pure and simple.
Re: Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) by Testerfuze(m): 2:17pm On Mar 06, 2013
Abeg man u,no go use ojoro 4 chelsea on sunday oo.....i heard howard webb is d man behind d whistle
Re: Was Nani Red Card Justified? YES OR NO (what Does Uefa Rules Says) by Kizuba: 9:06am On Mar 07, 2013
The red card was justified but a little too harsh the referee should have given a yellow card instead
Nani was going for the ball and was surprised to see the player there.
The red card was too harsh and unfortunately that changed the fate of ManU (or at least we think so)
but i think ManU shd get over it and focuss on upcoming games they dont always have to win

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS :Real Madrid Signs Golden Boot Star James Rodriguex from monaco / Contenders For 2015 Ballon D’or / Wladimir Klitschko's Retirement Was A "Massive" Disappointment - Anthony Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.