Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,895 members, 7,806,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? (16701 Views)

First Time Of Sex In Relationships, Why Do Ladies Ask "So What Are We Now?" / One Thing You Can't Tolerate In A Relationship / Unhappy Relationships: Why Stay In It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:37am On Mar 06, 2013
Mynd_44:
Reminds me of one man for this village. His wife came home late from work and cos he was hungry, he took it out on her and started beating her. When people were separating them, the husband hit one of the men and the guy started fighting the husband....

Guess what the wife said?
"wetin concern una? He is my husband and he has the right to correct me when I dey wrong"

na since then I don dey buy pop-corn keep for my appartment.

True story oooo
Lmaooo! Correct! Her name na Oluwasubmissive she? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Caracta(f): 9:38am On Mar 06, 2013
LMAO...
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Mynd44: 9:39am On Mar 06, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Lmaooo! Correct! Her name na Oluwasubmissive she? grin grin grin
More like oluwamentalsickness omogo
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:40am On Mar 06, 2013
Mynd_44:
More like oluwamentalsickness omogo
Lwkmd! Mynd don mayan o! grin grin grin
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:40am On Mar 06, 2013
Killz! cry cry
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Mynd44: 9:46am On Mar 06, 2013
But we should realise that abuse is not limited to physical violence ooo. Chai some girls don suffer when it comes to emotional and oral abuse.

If some guys talk to their BF and you hear eh....you would think they are having an e-fight on NL.......

And still after the insults, the woman girl will say
"he is just showing his love. He does not keep things inside and as he has said it, it has finished inside him"

1 Like

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:49am On Mar 06, 2013
Mynd_44: But we should realise that abuse is not limited to physical violence ooo. Chai some girls don suffer when it comes to emotional and oral abuse.

If some guys talk to their BF and you hear eh....you would think they are having an e-fight on NL.......

And still after the insults, the woman girl will say
"he is just showing his love. He does not keep things inside and as he has said it, it has finished inside him"

Does ones na Elstup!do aka Odewengers,
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Mynd44: 9:50am On Mar 06, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Does ones na Elstup!do aka Odewengers,
Lmao
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 06, 2013
Caracta: He beats you black and blue, yet you stick with him like your life depends on it.

Is it love or another definition of endurance/tolerance? Or being beaten turns you on? Or is it the practise of "for better for worse" thingy?

Please make me understand. Why do you put up with a violent boyfriend? Or why do girls put up with boyfriends who practise Bruce Lee on them...Kung Fu things? cheesy
dnt impersonate like d other Americana that placed a strange tag on naija men. Tell us something real abt it. U cnt just ask hide under a general situation to get or solve a personal situation. If av sumtin real abt it, tel us if u dnt, then na derailing e go be.
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Mynd44: 9:52am On Mar 06, 2013
A perfect example of emotional abuse will be a BF sharing nûde pictures of the girl with his friends and they have a good laugh about it even to the point of sharing it on the internet......

I wonder what will make the girl go back to the guy just because he appologises.

1 Like

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:54am On Mar 06, 2013
Chukskalidon:
dnt impersonate like d other Americana that placed a strange tag on naija men. Tell us something real abt it. U cnt just ask hide under a general situation to get or solve a personal situation. If av sumtin real abt it, tel us if u dnt, then na derailing e go be.
U say wetin? undecided
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Caracta(f): 9:54am On Mar 06, 2013
Chukskalidon:
What sayest thou
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:55am On Mar 06, 2013
Mynd_44: A perfect example of emotional abuse will be a BF sharing nûde pictures of the girl with his friends and they have a good laugh about it even to the point of sharing it on the internet......

I wonder what will make the girl go back to the guy just because he appologises.
He's d best thing after slice bread. A few touches in d right arena, she'll b bck to d Bonnie and Clyde status.
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Mynd44: 9:57am On Mar 06, 2013
Idowuogbo:
He's d best thing after slice bread. A few touches in d right arena, she'll b bck to d Bonnie and Clyde status.
And the guy will get back to his "Photographer status" na
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 06, 2013
Caracta:
What sayest thou
tell us that ur bf is abusive on you lets get on it.
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Caracta(f): 10:23am On Mar 06, 2013
Chukskalidon:
tell us that ur bf is abusive on you lets get on it.
Smh...i refuse to get on the same level with you. Lai lai.
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 06, 2013
Caracta:
Smh...i refuse to get on the same level with you. Lai lai.
what sayest thou? Am tired of all these imaginary general situation on this section. Nobody, wants to make her/his thread real anymore. What do u want people to comment abt this. The same tin ova and ova again. You didn't even tel us d reasn 4 d thread. Na 2day abusive relationship dey exist?

1 Like

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Caracta(f): 10:33am On Mar 06, 2013
^^^
Then feel free to ignore the thread and move on. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Osyxcel(m): 11:01am On Mar 06, 2013
Lyk criously, it baffles me....

There is more to it dat meet d eyes sha....it cud be money, sex, d guy's personality, e.t.c....sum stay 'cos it d guy dat got them disvirgined....
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Deadlypoison: 11:09am On Mar 06, 2013
some of us were brought up in a broken home life..alot of women find comfort in a man that takes over.it feels like someone cares enough.which isnt true,we lose are self respect.Alot of parents need to speak up!! A women doesnt need to be controled in order to feel wanted.some stay because there made to feel like they can not support themselfs financially & start to doubt if they can reallly make it on there own.We need to bult self esteeme into our girls.Women can do anything a man can do.

3 Likes

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by dazz661(f): 11:24am On Mar 06, 2013
I think itz because some ladies are so desperate to get married that they tolerate such. But they fail to realise that they are putting their life & happiness @ risk.
No man has any right to hit a woman....... No matter what!
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by eforce: 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2013
There are a lot of reasons people tolerate abusive relationships, the most common is denial, read this post

http://www.elijahforce..com/2013/02/signs-of-abusive-relationship.html
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 06, 2013
it must be an insecurity issue.maybe its the fear they wont get anyone else or so emotionally abused they think no one else would want them. guys can be *** holes at times grin

1 Like

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by BashMe1(m): 1:45pm On Mar 12, 2013
RIHANNA & CHRIS BROWN SUMTIN SUMTIN 4 SHIZZY... E lu irayin pa, ife l'o n soro
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by tommykiwi(m): 1:46pm On Mar 12, 2013
Some dont have choice
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by obi123: 1:47pm On Mar 12, 2013
Mynd_44: Low self esteem...

as in VERY LOW SELF ESTEEM
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by CHIMSKY(m): 1:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
ifihearam:

Am laffing in zulu,men are scarce ooo. Nor go there!
You are right.15 worthless men who will not pick ur bills are all over the place.
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by tintingz(m): 1:52pm On Mar 12, 2013
Becuz many gals love dating bad guyz. . . .and call nice guyz 'mumu' #Irony grin

1 Like

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by nenergy(m): 1:56pm On Mar 12, 2013
5 reasons,i can think of!
1. She's put in so much (time,energy,resources,her body-3 abortions) to leave.
2. The believe that they'll never find another to "love" them. (self worth =0)
3. They see abuse as show of "affection". Believe me, there are some "demon possessed" ladies who believes a man doesn't love them until he's beating them up.(attention=affection, right?)
4. The believe that they can "save" him. (Only Jesus can save. So dump the id¡ot).
5. Her father abused her mother,so she thinks its norm. (most Girls like men who are like their fathers).

Being who i am, i would rather spoil a lady's lipstick,than her mascara!

2 Likes

Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by seyibrown(f): 1:56pm On Mar 12, 2013
Love, hope or desperation!
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by Philolos: 1:57pm On Mar 12, 2013
Caracta: He beats you black and blue, yet you stick with him like your life depends on it.

Is it love or another definition of endurance/tolerance? Or being beaten turns you on? Or is it the practise of "for better for worse" thingy?

Please make me understand. Why do you put up with a violent boyfriend? Or why do girls put up with boyfriends who practise Bruce Lee on them...Kung Fu things? cheesy

The act or attempt of hitting/beating shouldn't be tolerated from a boyfriend, husband, brother, uncle, etc. It is accepted by some girls/women partly because of low self-esteem and some may have been brought up in an abusive home to think it is okay to hit or beat up a woman. The same goes for men. Some of our brothers/men have witness their dads using their mothers as punching bag and think they have to do the same to any woman they are with. Although, not all men that witness their dads doing this follow in their footsteps. Our society and laws also need beefing up to protect women...currently a work in progress.
Re: Some Ladies Tolerate Abusive Relationships: Why? by ifihearam: 1:59pm On Mar 12, 2013
dazz661: I think itz because some ladies are so desperate to get married that they tolerate such. But they fail to realise that they are putting their life & happiness @ risk.
No man has any right to hit a woman....... No matter what!

Na wetin I nor dey like hear be this.
Says who? But a woman has right to hit a man abi?(Thunder fire that womanif she tries it on me)
For the fact that some men like me are gentlemanly and doesn't hit women doesn't mean we don't have right ooo
If I take ur case seriously I will discover that even ur bf beats ur every other day sef

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl Floods Social Media With Photo Of Her Erect Nipples / Have You Ever Been Caught Masturbating Before?? / "I Must Die Ontop Big Yansh" - Nigerian Man Vows After Spotting A Curvy Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.