Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Is Anybody Else Sick Of Fellow Nigerians? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Anybody Else Sick Of Fellow Nigerians? (1414 Views)

Breaking: Amaechi Corrupt Practices Currently Airing On AIT! Is Anybody Watching / Is Anybody Else Sick Of Fellow Nigerians? / Fasola Of Lagos Is A Selective Deporter Of Fellow Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anybody Else Sick Of Fellow Nigerians? by londoner: 10:35am On Mar 06, 2013
I am so sick to the back teeth of Nigerian criminal elements spoiling the name of Nigeria/ns.

People look at you side ways when you say you are Nigerian, no matter how honest your own conduct is.

I am sick of bowing my head in shame everytime a Nigerian is scamming or bombing or embezzling.

In Australia here, we are not many, YET a Nigerian man has been all over the news lately because he mercilessly murdered an Australian grandmother, whom he lured to South Africa.

As much as I love Nigeria and being Nigerian, I am sooooooo ashamed of the demonic things some of us are associated with.

I would GLADLY...hand any 419, drug dealing, love-vendor, drug dealing Nigerian over to the authories and ask them to lock them up and throw the key away.

These people are useless and a waste of skin and bone.

I just had to get that off my chest.

1 Like

Re: Is Anybody Else Sick Of Fellow Nigerians? by Gbawe: 11:34am On Mar 06, 2013
My Dear Sister, I join you passionately in getting issues "off your chest". I fully understand, knowing your history here, that this sort of thread comes from you in total sincerity. That you have always defended your Country and people cannot be in doubt here especially if folks know how to see the previous post of others. I read that news as well and was totally deflated. Why murder the woman after literally bankrupting her? This was a woman, despite advise to the contrary, clung to the hope of love and the belief in the genuineness of her Nigerian suitor despite everyone telling her not to pursue things further.

The only thing I can say to good folks like you is that you must keep being good. There is no other alternative. Our fellow Nigerians are truly wicked and shameful. They make things more difficult for you and me. We simply have to carry on being good and hope that goes some way, however little, to counteracts our overall perception in a world where people mainly remember negatives.
Re: Is Anybody Else Sick Of Fellow Nigerians? by Krucifax(m): 1:30pm On Mar 06, 2013
There are many good ,hard working and productive Nigerians but it would be dishonest not to say we have slightly more than normal bad eggs amongst us.The thing is the reputation Nigerians have affect all other Nigerians good or bad. I've encountered it many places too,from business to looking for a property to live or even in relationships.

Whenever you announce yourself to be Nigeria in a settings with non-Nigerians especially fellow Africans or folks from the Caribbean then Gbam! Their minds go on overdrive( what's he planning,what's he really thinking,what does he want to do? ). It's hard to gain trust from other people,and their internal defences go up when they realise you are Nigerian. It's partly fear,partly ignorance and partly painful experience suffered at the hands of bad Nigerians especially in business and relationships!

2 Likes

Re: Is Anybody Else Sick Of Fellow Nigerians? by tpia5: 2:46pm On Mar 06, 2013
True an abnormally high number of nigerians have a criminal mindset, but the australian guy hasnt been proven to be nigerian.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Boko Haram’s Major Sponsor, says Nigerian Bulletin / Buhari Also Visited Adeboye - But God Exalts Only The Humble! / BREAKING NEWS!!! Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.