Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,815 members, 7,806,287 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Your Experience With Female Bosses - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Experience With Female Bosses (17269 Views)

Lady Who Slept With Her Bosses For Promotion Cries Out / Hilarious Relationship Between Workers And Their Bosses(pic) / Our Male Bosses Punish Us For Refusing Their Sexual Advances: Policewomen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Caracta(f): 4:44pm On May 16, 2013
Lucky me. My current boss is a lady. She acts like my big sister. I couldn't have asked for more. God bless her for me grin grin
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 16, 2013
oyb:

psychos

Decoded. cheesy
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by obstead200(m): 5:05pm On May 16, 2013
Women are not really programmed for leadership. They generally tend to be less objective and very sentimental .
You have said it all.
Female bosses are not really wicked. It is just their inability to separate their emotions from the Job that makes It very difficult For them to be fair in administration

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by yuzedo: 5:08pm On May 16, 2013
Orikinla: I have had two female bosses and both ended up falling in love with me. And when I left they gave up their businesses.
grin

Jarus: Jarus: This is my third employment.

First one, female boss
Second one, male boss
Third and current, female boss.

I have been fortunate to have nice bosses in all the three places.

Both female bosses I have had are ok.

But as a general observation, female bosses are either extremely nice/good/fantastic or extremely opposite (difficult, hostile etc).

Male are usually in-between.
You just told my story to the dot, and ur observations are valid! I've been lucky too, my past female bosses were cool peoples, although I doubt I'd stomach any crap from any morrafocka! angry present boss is the truth tho! Smartest all-round beast I've come across. He stays having my respect mehn!
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Braimoh200: 5:20pm On May 16, 2013
Very harsh and difficult to understand
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by AK123(m): 5:37pm On May 16, 2013
ave been stuck with 1 for the past 7 years i wonder how i survived it.they can be both extremes.
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 16, 2013
I have worked with several female bosses over time. One thing that unifies them is their constant quest to let you know they are the boss even when its unnecessary and in so doing they become very antagonistic at every opportunity.

Their insecurities as bosses make them the meanest species anyone can work with.

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Jman06(m): 6:16pm On May 16, 2013
Yeah,u are right there are some good female bosses,when i did my IT i worked under a female boss and she was so nice 2 me,i pray to work with such woman anywhere i am employed. .
lorretta u: Been at the top on several occasions.folks say I did well.so I can authoritatively say"not all women are bad in positions of leadership
#mytwocents#
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Jman06(m): 6:24pm On May 16, 2013
I wish i can like this a million times
PrettySpicey: Though a woman and strongly believe in GirlPower. But my experiences with female bosses have been real terrible.
Last one was the Head PA, heading us junior PAs and Secretaries. This woman ruled that office like she was ruling her home. It was be in her good books or suffer in that office. I had my Confirmation as a staff postponed by over six months because of this lady. And you can't go behind to any of the Top Bosses and make a head way. It was that terrible.

Also had another experience with a 'frustrated' married female boss in 2008 who was also No1 gf of the Company Director. Every other female employee, especially us single ladies then, were a threat to her 'glorified' position and she made us suffer for it.

But I've also known ladies who are secure in their positions and truly God-fearing. Women who are truly hardworking and focused, with them as your boss you could build a good career. Unfortunately, they are so rare.

Ladies, we got to chill and really be the BOSS without bias and insecurity. Just LEAD, following God's guidance.
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by bigfrancis21: 6:27pm On May 16, 2013
Jarus: This is my third employment.

First one, female boss
Second one, male boss
Third and current, female boss.

I have been fortunate to have nice bosses in all the three places.

Both female bosses I have had are ok.

But as a general observation, female bosses are either extremely nice/good/fantastic or extremely opposite (difficult, hostile etc).

Male are usually in-between.

Yea. You noticed well. I'd rather have a female as a boss, especially the mother type. They tend to be understanding and kind/compassionate more than men.
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by zanga420: 6:30pm On May 16, 2013
lorretta u: Been at the top on several occasions.folks say I did well.so I can authoritatively say"not all women are bad in positions of leadership
#mytwocents#
yes, there're good ones but they're rare, i think humility n security should help alot
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by aurorae: 6:31pm On May 16, 2013
[quote
author=Richfella]I think it's an 'insecurity' issue.

Lots of men can easily chill out with the full understanding that they
are in charge.

But most women are innately quite insecure to varying degrees - so they
are always trying to prove their 'bossness' grin.

Mike Tyson doesn't need to prove how much of a boss he is. Bobo the
clown does tongue.

The secret to having a smooth relationship with a female superior is to
treat the relationship as man-to-woman. Doesn't matter if it's as
potential lovers, father/daughter or mum/son.

Women are not really programmed for leadership. They generally tend to
be less objective and very sentimental cool.[/quote]

@ur last sentence.thank God u said most women and not all.'cos i'd have you meet my sister just out of spite and to prove u verrrrrrrry wrong.she kicks leadership in the johnson and makes sensitivity look like a spineless human being(no pun intended)
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Jman06(m): 6:32pm On May 16, 2013
Okija juju: I cant work under a female boss. Not because I'ma chuvanist, but simply because women in power turn me on. Diezani-Allison is one of such women. There is just something about boss women that I love.

Should I ever have a female boss, all I would be thinking about is ploughing her. Nothing else.
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Jman06(m): 6:33pm On May 16, 2013
In my own case,i wll like 2 work with female bosses to whom i am attracted because that wll make me wanna work hard to impress them thereby improvn on d job.
Okija juju: I cant work under a female boss. Not because I'ma chuvanist, but simply because women in power turn me on. Diezani-Allison is one of such women. There is just something about boss women that I love.

Should I ever have a female boss, all I would be thinking about is ploughing her. Nothing else.
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Policewoman(f): 6:51pm On May 16, 2013

OKIJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Policewoman(f): 6:54pm On May 16, 2013
FEMALE BOSSES ARE TERRIBLE SHA, BUT MY MADAM ON TOP IS A BIT OK.
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Superbrain(m): 6:56pm On May 16, 2013
Three female bosses so far!

No 1- Terrible, sarcastic monster. Very tribalistic. I ended up tendering my resignation because of her. In return, I gave the top management detailed reasons why I was resigning, making sure I didn't mince words. One year after my exit, she was fired.

No 2- Sweet, loving, responsible boss. Ever supportive and very talented. The best boss ever. Today, we're like siblings. She trusts me and confides in me.

No 3- The Perfect Boss! Supportive, Intelligent, would push you to the limits and help you when you need it most. She is a career builder, knows how to project her people and speaks well of her own. My career took a new leap ever since we started working together. Roller-coster thingz...

Women are a rare breed. Meet the right ones and you would be amazed.

PS: You need to understand a woman's soft spot, knowing what makes em tick and what doesn't. Once you combine that with excellent performance at work, you would be amazed at how things would go smoothly for you.

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 16, 2013
aurorae:

@ur last sentence.thank God u said most women and not all.'cos i'd have you meet my sister just out of spite and to prove u verrrrrrrry wrong.she kicks leadership in the johnson and makes sensitivity look like a spineless human being(no pun intended)

Exactly the point of this thread grin! So your sis is a Nazi biatch? grin grin grin.
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by aurorae: 7:10pm On May 16, 2013
Richfella:

Exactly the point of this thread grin! So your sis is a Nazi biatch? grin grin grin.

nazi,nazi hahahahaahahah
i'd prefer if u made d biatch soldier cos the nazi's got nothin on her
not tryin 2 spite on her,just saying how i see her.
*looks around*
hopes shes not on thread,if not im dead,she'll know its me talkin bout her.cheesy
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 16, 2013
My first female boss was nice but she complains 3ree much, the second one bad so tay she still dey owe me 13500
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 16, 2013
They are all d same and think its their way of show they are on top but men find it easy to det along.
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by AceVentura: 8:24pm On May 16, 2013
I work with 3 women & report directly to all of them. A combined weight of 500kg & butts like a Mack Truck. Pity my condition. I try as much as possible to manage all of them. grin

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Zemhen1: 8:28pm On May 16, 2013

I just have to say the same for myself ........women in power turn me on, I just finished serving( NYSC ) and believe me mine was bad, my boss(a man ) was annoying, manipulative and extremely corny and EXTREMELY jeaulous ...... He even had the mouth to tell me how can a corper own an iPad ......ipad2 for that matter, I never knew that he was threaten by me ....... grin ....a female student he has been pursuing to sleep with took a liking to me and I didn't know that the man still put eye for the girl ............. Out of boredom I started hanging out with the girl, when he got to know he said I have betrayed him Baba are you Jesus? .......... I had to even stop my service early because of him ........I find it easier to work with female .....all they need from you is your attention and loyalty, remember their birthday, children's name if married, ask after her well being, MOST IMPORTANT pay compliments about clothe, weight and looks, make sure you also call to check on her outside working hours......... Believe me little things count with women .......I grew up with 4 or girls at home so I know wink
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Okijajuju: 8:29pm On May 16, 2013
Policewoman: OKIJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes dear!

Did I tell you about my fetish for women in uniform? Yup! I love me a woman in uniform as well. Police, Nurse, air hostess, navy, army, etc. I once gave an Army Woman 5'k in Owerri simply because she was pretty and smart looking in her uniform and was carrying an Ak47. She had just stopped me and searched my car, but all through her search I couldn't help but think about doing her.

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 16, 2013
i think its an issue of stereotypes. not all women are bad / mean bosses but some can really be hell. when women are given leadership positions they try to put in their best so as to avoid failure and might be too strict and demanding to the extreme.

also som male subordinates can be cranky and find it difficult to take orders from a woman. they might consider her to be like their wives, whom are often dependent on them and hence the weaker sex.

when women overcome such limitstions and build confidence in their ability, they tend to be the best bosses ever, as they can be very emphatic and will be concerned with their subs personal stuffs like kids, rents, other domestic stuffs dat male bosses might not be concerned with.
IMO women who run their own buzs and are liable to themselves make better bosses than women who are given the opportunity to be heads of dept.
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 16, 2013
rokiatu: Anything female in charge is a disaster.

They can be so mean, jealous, back stabbing, envious esp to their fellow women.

I suppose you are female and intend being in a leadership position where you would actually have people report to you. Are you saying you will act as per your quote?
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 16, 2013
Wen i did my IT, d assistant project manager was a woman, wen i resumed she was on leave so i didn't get to meet her but i heard her stories. Later wen she resumed, everyday she will b harassing n shouting on d workers, early morning pep talks she will b there. U hardly see or hear d project manager(such a nice man) though he comes to site daily oh. So wen i was about going, d project manager went on an assignment so i went to d woman(assistant project manager) to grade n assess my log book, she told me dat she doesn't know me dat i should have cum n introduce myself wen she came back from leave n like play like play oh, she refused signing. Of course, i carved d company's stamp n graded myself . Engineer Ifeoma, only treats people from her side(igbo delta) well
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Hassan11: 10:01pm On May 16, 2013
...Singing... Today, today tomorow no more if i work here 2day, i work here no more. This is d song i sang d day i was leaving my female boss ten yrs ago. I regreted having such a woman as a boss.
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Sweetlemon(f): 10:13pm On May 16, 2013
There is hardly any middle ground when it comes to female bosses.
It's either they are angels or devils. However, you will find more devils than angels because the average female has serious issues esp when she's having marital problems (that one ehn! Your own don finish esp if you are a fine girl!)

2 Likes

Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Feraz(m): 10:55pm On May 16, 2013
Okija juju:

Yes dear!

Did I tell you about my fetish for women in uniform? Yup! I love me a woman in uniform as well. Police, Nurse, air hostess, navy, army, etc. I once gave an Army Woman 5'k in Owerri simply because she was pretty and smart looking in her uniform and was carrying an Ak47. She had just stopped me and searched my car, but all through her search I couldn't help but think about doing her.
BOSS!!!!!! I hail! grin
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by chima014(m): 1:17am On May 17, 2013
I use to have Negative perception about Female Bosses back then in High school, bc of what people say about them. Same year I finished High School while waiting for my result n Admission, I got a Job close to my house Behold it was a female Boss. For all 6months I was wit Her, she was just a good Boss.
After my college while waiting for service, I got a Job and Behold it was a Female Boss. For 6months wit her b4 my NYSC she was just a normal Boss.
During my service year I was posted to an Agency and Behold d HOD there was and is still a Female Boss. For over one year+ with her, She has been a very good Boss...what else can I say? My personal experiences has countered my past negative perception about Female Boss.
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by biafranqueen: 6:27am On May 17, 2013
My experience when the women owns the company they are very secure helpful and wonderful especially when they hired me directly. But when the company is male owned and upper management is male dominant chai they can be witch craft very envious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GTB Restricted My Account For Over A Month Now. I Am Not Ok. / The #nairalife Of A Banker Tempted By Her Family Business / Lagos Is Worst Place To Work!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.