Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye (5914 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by leffects(m): 5:56am On Mar 07, 2013
RCCG OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTION THURSDAY 7TH MARCH 2013 TIMING YOUR REQUESTBY PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
Memorise: If I had not done among them the works which none other man did they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
John 15:24

Read: Matthew 9:14-15

Bible in one year: Joel 1-3

Key point: If you are making simple requests when God is mightily present, you undermine His ability.

If you are doing anything for God, you must be in a hurry, because if you are too slow, your sacrifice, obedience or gift might become irrelevant or unacceptable in His sight. Ecclesiastes 9:10 says,

"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might: for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest"

Work when you can because a day is coming when you will be unable to perform the same work here on earth.

In Matthew 9:14-15, Jesus gave a profound illustration in which He said, there was no need for the children of the Bridegroom to fast while the Bridegroom was with them, but that when the Bridegroom leaves, they will be required to fast. It takes an understanding of the value of the times you are in to exploit this. The Lord's statement clearly speaks of two scenarios - a time in which He is physically present and the other without His physical presence. In the first scenario, because of His physical presence, the Lord supported the disciples with His own faith. Anytime they had to exercise their faith and failed, He was there to help them out and make them learn from it. While He was present, they could ask almost anything they wanted. In fact, He pointed out that they had not even utilised the opportunity they had to ask in His Name (John 15:24).

The second scenario is a time without His physical presence - a time where they had to live by their own faith. Under this period, situations would resist them to a point where they may have to fast frequently. Given the same opportunity, at what period would you make your requests? - Is it when the Lord is physically present or when He is not? Would it be when grace is available or when it is not? If you have an understanding of time, you will know when to ask what. During large meetings such as the Special Holy Ghost Service, the Convention and the Holy Ghost Congress, the presence of God is awesome and available. It is wisdom to key into such programmes in order to contact the current of the Holy Spirit that is moving at such times. Unfortunately, some people remain complacent because they do not know the difference between such gatherings and smaller gatherings at their local assemblies. If you are wise, when you attend such programmes, ask all your big requests including those that appear impossible and believe, and God will answer you. Maximise God's presence that you have access to!

http://earlydigest..com/2013/03/rccg-open-heavens-devotion-thursday-7th.html

10 Likes

Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by sammynaijaguy(m): 9:52am On Mar 07, 2013
300Km pastor

1 Like

Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 07, 2013
leffects:
If you are doing anything for God, you must be in a hurry, because if you are too slow, your sacrifice, obedience or gift might become irrelevant or unacceptable in His sight. Ecclesiastes 9:10 says..

Lol, can anyone do anything for God?

And what does the below have to do with the above...
Eccl 9.10:

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by DonaldGenes(m): 10:01am On Mar 07, 2013
Doing anything for God means doing good and not evil.use your six sense to decipher that.

3 Likes

Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Lilimax(f): 10:04am On Mar 07, 2013
musKeeto:
Yes you can do something for God for example being a Church worker in your local church instead of a bench warmer, Keeping yourself pure, Loving God and fellow humans as well as hating sin etc. These are ways you can do something for God. By doing this, you are investing in your eternity as well.

7 Likes

Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 07, 2013
Donalð Genes: Doing anything for God means doing good and not evil.use your six sense to decipher that.
Definitely not what he meant. Forget sixth sense, use the five available ones to read the quote in context. wink
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by alexy147(m): 10:05am On Mar 07, 2013
The word of God indeed gives life and with faith and believe,we can conquer all things through master JESUS

1 Like

Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 10:17am On Mar 07, 2013
musKeeto:

Yes God may want you to do something for HIM ! It isn't that HIS hands are so short that HE can not do it or a matter of proximity after all HE is omnipresence !
See below scripture to show that you can do something for God which will in the long run be to ur own advantage !

The word of the Lord came to Jonah son of Amittai: “Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me.”But Jonah ran away from the Lord and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa, where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the Lord.-Jonah 1:1-3
See below instruction to Moses by God :
Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go to Pharaoh and say to him, 'This is what the LORD, the God of the Hebrews, says: "Let my people go, so that they may worship me."-Exodus 9:1
From just the above 2 scriptures just to mention but a few,God can want some one to do something for HIM but in the long run,it will be to the advantage of that fellow ! No wonder Christ also said we as Christians should go into the world and preach the gospel to all nations baptizing them in the name of the father,the son and of the Holy spirit ?God does not want the world to be condemned but be saved.God can actually do the preaching or convincing HIMSELF but HE want's you and i to do it for HIM for the people of the world to be saved.
WILL YOU MAKE YOURSELF AVAILABLE FOR GOD TO USE YOU ?
God bless us all

4 Likes

Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:32am On Mar 07, 2013
It's a good thing to work for God. You should be glad & cheerful that you have the chance to work for God...The dead can't work!
I remember during my NYSC year, that was when I knew what it meant to be useful to my Creator...I m now reaping it's benefits.
I charge you all brethren, are you a Student, Youth Corper, Employer, Job Seeker, wholeheartedly work for God so that God can work for you...Some of your rewards are even here on earth.

3 Likes

Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 07, 2013
Like I said earlier, people have to take the quote in context...

Does GOD need anyone to do anything for HIM?

John 15:5
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name
wink
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by dagr8(m): 10:35am On Mar 07, 2013
musKeeto:

Iam not suprised grin grin grin

It will take u no where
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 07, 2013
dagr8:
Iam not suprised grin grin grin

It will take u no where

Hey, what's up? Long time...
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by dagr8(m): 10:48am On Mar 07, 2013
musKeeto:

Hey, what's up? Long time...
I av bin good and around...where av u been
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 07, 2013
dagr8:
I av bin good and around...where av u been
Just walking around.. decided to become a bit useful to society.. I'll meet up with you guys on our thread. Make we no derail this one.. grin
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 10:54am On Mar 07, 2013
musKeeto:
muskeeto
If you are doing anything for God, you must be in a hurry, because if you are too slow, your sacrifice, obedience or gift might become irrelevant or unacceptable in His sight. Ecclesiastes 9:10 says..

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.
If you do things with all your might according to Eccl.9:10,it will be top priority in your life ! This pastor is saying you shouldn't be slow to making sacrifices and obeying God(it should be priority) becos according to the same Eccl.9:10,wen you die,you will not be able to do them again and your workings,wisdom,knowledge and also plans will be irrelevant !
I pray you see the relationship with the scripture and the explanation given by me if you claim you can see that given by the pastor may be becos you don't really like him. Jesus said you should pray for them and not hate them !
May God bless us all
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Elevation(m): 10:56am On Mar 07, 2013
God make us DOERS not hearers or readers of ur word only in Jesus most precious name i pray,Amen.
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 07, 2013
m.k.o2005:

If you do things with all your might according to Eccl.9:10,it will be top priority in your life ! This pastor is saying you shouldn't be slow to making sacrifices and obeying God(it should be priority) becos according to the same Eccl.9:10,wen you die,you will not be able to do them again and your workings,wisdom,knowledge and also plans will be irrelevant !
I pray you see the relationship with the scripture and the explanation given by me if you claim you can see that given by the pastor may be becos you don't really like him. Jesus said you should pray for them and not hate them !
May God bless us all
Can't you guys make arguments without alluding to unnecessary strawmen?

Is an MOG infallible? smiley
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 10:59am On Mar 07, 2013
musKeeto: Like I said earlier, people have to take the quote in context...

Does GOD need anyone to do anything for HIM?

''You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name''
wink
From ur quote,it has shown that God can choose us and want us to do things for HIM !
God bless us
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 07, 2013
m.k.o2005:

From ur quote,it has shown that God can choose us and want us to do things for HIM !
God bless us

Ah, indeed, we're getting somewhere..
Can a branch bear fruit for a tree?

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
wink
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 11:03am On Mar 07, 2013
musKeeto:
Can't you guys make arguments without alluding to unnecessary strawmen?

Is an MOG infallible? smiley
No MOG is infallible ! The word of God is infallible ! If they teach the word of God,how do i now say it is their word they teach or preach unto me ? The only way you can know if they teach the word of God or not is by you also knowing the word of God by the grace of God ! If MOG'S are infallible then it means they are now God but they can't be God. Muskeeto,Jesus loves you and learn to love others too.If you MUST correct them,do it with love !
God bless us all
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 07, 2013
m.k.o2005:

No MOG is infallible ! The word of God is infallible !

Indeed, that's why I'm quoting Bible verses, comparing his teachings with what's in the Bible, just like the Bereans smiley. 'GOD' forbid I ever replace HIM for HIS instrument, for isn't that all what we are in HIS hands, instruments? Instruments can go faulty, the watchmaker never goes faulty. smiley

So calm down, and forget whatever pre-conceived notions you have about me.. Let's just keep going forward.. wink
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 11:06am On Mar 07, 2013
musKeeto:

Ah, indeed, we're getting somewhere..
Can a branch bear fruit for a tree?

wink
We can do all things true Christ that strengthens us ?
No man can do anything that is in consonance with the word of God except God strengthens him or allows him to do so !
May God help us all
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 07, 2013
m.k.o2005:

We can do all things true Christ that strengthens us ?
No man can do anything that is in consonance with the word of God except God strengthens him or allows him to do so !
May God help us all
Indeed a bulb can only shine if it's switched on. Does that make it the source of power? wink
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 11:08am On Mar 07, 2013
musKeeto:

Indeed, that's why I'm quoting Bible verses, comparing his teachings with what's in the Bible, just like the Bereans smiley. 'GOD' forbid I ever replace HIM for HIS instrument, for isn't that all what we are? Instruments can go faulty, the watchmaker never goes faulty. smiley

So calm down, and forget whatever pre-conceived notions you have about me.. Let's just keep going forward.. wink
Before i go ahead with you,i just want to ask you one question,are you are christian ? Not as a religion but are you regenerated ? Aare you born again? Don't just be offended.I want to know before i study the scripture with you !
God help us both
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 07, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Before i go ahead with you,i just want to ask you one question,are you are christian ? Not as a religion but are you regenerated ? Aare you born again? Don't just be offended.I want to know before i study the scripture with you !
God help us both
Would that matter? I was already enjoying this.. cry
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 11:11am On Mar 07, 2013
musKeeto:
Indeed a bulb can only shine if it's switched on. Does that make it the source of power? wink
Bein switched on isn't the power !
The power is there already before the switching on takes place.It's our ability to tap into the power by getting switched on !
Sorry muskeeto,i dnt like logic ! I like using the word of God .
God help us
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by mko2005: 11:12am On Mar 07, 2013
musKeeto:
Would that matter? I was already enjoying this.. cry
Please just answer me . Are you a christian ?
God help me
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by leffects(m): 11:12am On Mar 07, 2013
Apologies
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 07, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Please just answer me . Are you a christian ?
God help me
I'm an atheist. wink

grin
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 07, 2013
leffects:

Apologies
None taken. Seems I've been found out. angry

Have fun guys.. wink
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Originalsly: 11:15am On Mar 07, 2013
Wasn't the religious forum created for such stuff? Why is this here...every day?
Re: Timing Your Request By Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 11:16am On Mar 07, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Bein switched on isn't the power !
The power is there already before the switching on takes place.It's our ability to tap into the power by getting switched on !
Sorry muskeeto,i dnt like logic ! I like using the word of God .
God help us
But the word of God is built on logic. Belief in it is based on faith. If you get the logic wrong, you might get your faith wrong. Sometimes, it's tough to differentiate faith and madness.

Be careful how easily you throw logic out the window. grin

Out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prayers On Pictures. PMCH June 2018, MFM June 2018. / Going To Church With A Note, How Useful Is The Message Notes To You After? / Who Can Explain This Verse - Proverbs 17:8 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.