Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

The Selfishness Of Northern Leaders. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Selfishness Of Northern Leaders. (659 Views)

APC Crisis: Northern Leaders Move To Cut Tinubu To Size / House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS / Dangote Revealed! An Expose On His Avarice And Selfishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Selfishness Of Northern Leaders. by Joeadamu86: 10:57am On Mar 07, 2013
Personal Opinion-With the recent revelation by Senator Ita Enang, that most of Nigeria's Oil blocks are owned by Northerners 80% or thereabout,it brings us back to the question whether Northern leaders have done enough to salvage the region given the length of time that they spend in power.The truth of the matter is that,the resources gathered by a few Northern elites which solely for them and their children without regards to the high level of poverty in the region is one of the reasons that even the Boko Haram is thriving. I am of the Northern extraction and i believe i am not the only one that has that notion, that our leaders in the North are just selfish who care less about the people and more about themselves.They have not shown any commitment with regards to the development of the region and one keeps wondering when they will ever get it right. In my opinion let them share the riches they have accumulated over time in order not to be consumed by the wrath that may follow their selfishness..

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/senator-enang-reveals-northerners-own-80-nigerian-oil-blocks-nation-newspaper
Re: The Selfishness Of Northern Leaders. by mamikky: 11:13am On Mar 07, 2013
it is just a clear indication that these northern legislators and by extension members of house in the senate and representatives are all their to further and safeguard their own selfish interests and motives cum that of their allies.
Re: The Selfishness Of Northern Leaders. by Beaf1: 11:35am On Mar 07, 2013
I am commentless. Smart and educated south being feasted on by cattle rearing mallams. What a pity.
Re: The Selfishness Of Northern Leaders. by Euroclydon(m): 11:45am On Mar 07, 2013
Alot of questions need be asked cos if the north have more oil blocks than any other region, where is the money as in, are all their investments abroad? I even learnt that an oil bloc generates 4billion monthly, i dont know how true but no be small thing o!
Re: The Selfishness Of Northern Leaders. by usmanyaro17: 12:21pm On Mar 07, 2013
To say that Northern leaders are selfish is to say the least..its obvious they are just hypocritical to the region's plight craving for power to sustain their wealth while the masses continue to wallow in abject poverty.We must wake up from our dreamland and realise very early that we are leaderless in the North,only comprado elites who are just after their pockets..
Re: The Selfishness Of Northern Leaders. by jerusalem101: 12:53pm On Mar 07, 2013
These guys r heartless and mean when u move around the north n see d level of poverty,u will ask urself wat were like ibb,shagari,Gowon and the rest of the oil block mongers have been doing all these yrs in power than sharing oil block among themselves and their family at the detriment of the north n the nation at large.
Re: The Selfishness Of Northern Leaders. by slimming: 12:58pm On Mar 07, 2013
selfishness is everywhere in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Selfishness Of Northern Leaders. by mikolo80: 2:33pm On Mar 07, 2013
Beaf!:
I am commentless. Smart and educated south being feasted on by cattle rearing mallams. What a pity.
NOT SO SMART OR EDUCATED NOW ARE WE
Re: The Selfishness Of Northern Leaders. by mikolo80: 2:33pm On Mar 07, 2013
jerusalem101: These guys r heartless and mean when u move around the north n see d level of poverty,u will ask urself wat were like ibb,shagari,Gowon and the rest of the oil block mongers have been doing all these yrs in power than sharing oil block among themselves and their family at the detriment of the north n the nation at large.
ITS CALLED SURVIVAL OF D FITTEST.SAD BUT TRUE
Re: The Selfishness Of Northern Leaders. by bubadaniel13: 3:33pm On Mar 07, 2013
As far as i am concern the Northern people are orphaned because their leaders are just living for themselves..so so sad...
Re: The Selfishness Of Northern Leaders. by Duru1(m): 3:50pm On Mar 07, 2013
Beaf!:

Where is the much talked about education of the southerners? It is ironic that the so-called smart and educated south wrote the book and fought the war that enabled the cattle rearing mallams to feast upon it.
Re: The Selfishness Of Northern Leaders. by gratiaeo(m): 3:57pm On Mar 07, 2013
Wicked people
Re: The Selfishness Of Northern Leaders. by UncleJJ(m): 6:51pm On Mar 07, 2013
Ha ha, the North owns 80% of the oil blocks in this country and Tom Ateke never mentioned it, neither did alhaji the militant boss.

And if the north is so fucking greedy, now that the south south is ruling, fuel has returned to 97/litre.

Oh I forgot it was a northerner that made it 64/litre.

Jonathan decided to hike the price of petrol, promised to provide cushions/lifelines, some of which are parked in leaking area gathering rust.

Everyday, papa john chop 3billion, papa mood chop 4billion.

Nigeria gives Ghana over 1billion and India over 5billion in revenue for health and education and your still here shouting northerners.

This is a classic case of avoiding the question.

And the question is... Isn't president Jonathan the worst president this country has ever had.
Re: The Selfishness Of Northern Leaders. by EzeUche(m): 6:52pm On Mar 07, 2013
The Selfishness of Northern Leaders, The Foolishness of Western Leaders, and The Weakness of Eastern Leaders. tongue
Re: The Selfishness Of Northern Leaders. by jumobi1(m): 7:23pm On Mar 07, 2013
Tired of people saying Northerners are smart because of this. Most of these oil blocks were allocated during the military regimes. It has nothing to do with smartness and a lot to do with selfishness.
I doubt GEJ can do anything about it. These oil block owners are too wealthy and powerful and are probably his PDP God Fathers. Most licenses would end up renewed. You think if Danjuma still has an oul block, GEJ can do anything about it? or IBB or Abdulsalam who helped him become president? Or Ciroma or Rilwanu Lukman?
NIGERIA is finished. Those congressmen are YES MEN to those oil block owners.

(1) (Reply)

Shell,eni Dined With Etete Before Paying N155bn In Malabu Scandal Court Reveals / What Tomorrow's Headlines Will Say About Alamieyeseigha's Pardon / We’re Doing Our Best To Fight Terrorism, Jonathan Assures Internat'nal Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.