Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain (9172 Views)

African Migrant Caught Hiding In Car's Engine In Attempt To Enter Spain(photo) / We Pay Between 300 - 500 Naira To Enter Nigeria – Illegal Immigrants (Pictured) / Obama Tells Illegal Immigrants To Come Out Of The Shadows and offers them a deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 07, 2013
Fee To Enter? Britain’s Immigration Crackdown Continues

Immigrants entering Britain may be forced to pay a fee, which would only be reimbursed when they leave UK soil, and if they haven’t used health services. The UK is taking an increasingly hardline stance, despite a recent sharp decline in immigration.

The UK is seeking to impose financial bonds “as a further deterrent to reduce non-compliance by high-risk nationalities,” a source close to Theresa May, the Home Secretary, told the Daily Mail. Additionally, migrant family members already residing in the country would be made to pay a sum of thousands of pounds. It would be returned upon leaving the country.

If the reform goes through, immigrants entering the country for living and work purposes would have to put down the money to guarantee they wouldn’t ‘drain’ the country’s financial resources. Such resources would include things like non-emergency care from the health service. However, if British welfare was used by migrants entering the country, they would risk losing their money.

The entry fee would additionally be used to make sure immigrants didn’t outstay their visa (and fining them if they do), consolidating an existing act. The Immigration and Asylum Act (1999), already gives the government the right to make immigrants front some money upon entering the country, which can be retained by the government should they remain in the UK after the expiration of their visa.

Individuals from two or three countries were tagged as “high risk”, and it is at them that the scheme is targeted. The UK will not be allowed to impose the charge on immigrants from EU countries who comprise the EU’s Schengen passport-free zone.

Bulgaria and Romania had hoped to gain the same freedom to enter the UK as other EU nations, and were expected to apply to join the zone in a meeting on Thursday. However, their entrance needed to be granted through a unanimous vote, and Germany announced their plan to veto the move on Monday.

“There will be no vote, and no decision,” a source in the EU's current Irish presidency told AFP on Wednesday. “Several nations have reserves or concerns.” As a result, residents of the two countries could be among those impacted.

Net migration into Britain has fallen by a third, from 247,000 thousand migrants in June 2011 to 163,000 in 2012, according the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

Conservatives said they would clamp down on migrants, saying they were taking advantage of Britain's “soft touch,” which he was determined to quash.

On Wednesday, the Labour party leader Ed Miliband promised to take a heavy hand with immigration. He stated that the party had got it wrong in the past, saying “millions of people are concerned.”

“Low-skill migration has been too high and we need to bring it down,” he said.

The Shadow Home Secretary Yvette Cooper called for the closure of student visa loopholes on Thursday, saying that many overstay or abuse (e.g. working instead of studying), despite the party denying accusations that they are moving to the right on migration.

The British Conservative party was shunted into third place in the Eastleigh by-election in February. The UKIP candidate, who beat the Conservatives, is a member of a party described by the Tory government as packed with “loonies and closet racists.”

It has been suggested that parties are adopting a stronger stance because of UKIP’s reputation for being heavy-handed on immigration.

Labour MP Diane Abbot, issued a recent warning to her party not to “spiral downwards” by veering to the right on immigration as a result of the by-election results.
source

http://rt.com/news/britain-fee-immigration-politics-922/
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by universalbets(m): 5:40pm On Mar 07, 2013
Britain will be shooting itself in the leg if they see this through. As required revenue from student admissions will dwindle as they close those student visa loopholes.

Interestingly it is indians and pakistanis that abuse UK student visa migration laws with all those offshore satellite campuses and one floor diploma colleges in britain often plied by their people to beat UK Border entry guidelines.

I see honest applicants and migrants of African descent been affected the more.

5 Likes

Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by justwise(m): 6:35pm On Mar 07, 2013
There is nothing new here, South Africa does the same thing.

3 Likes

Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 08, 2013
justwise: There is nothing new here, South Africa does the same thing.
What is the meaning of this,let them go and rest jare.

1 Like

Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by drnoel: 9:59am On Mar 08, 2013
universalbets: Britain will be shooting itself in the leg if they see this through. As required revenue from student admissions will dwindle as they close those student visa loopholes.

Interestingly it is indians and pakistanis that abuse UK student visa migration laws with all those offshore satellite campuses and one floor diploma colleges in britain often plied by their people to beat UK Border entry guidelines.

I see honest applicants and migrants of African descent been affected the more.
Allow them, let them make their silly laws and see how well people will go around it. No be law, laws were meant to be broken,...ni.

1 Like

Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by Freiburger(m): 10:02am On Mar 08, 2013
justwise: There is nothing new here, South Africa does the same thing.
Don't forget the terrorists are also ready to pay a fee.
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by UnknownMember: 10:02am On Mar 08, 2013
Gate fee to enter the U.K?!

Why would I pay to enter that piece of shiit country?!
Anyways, na people wey to go Jand dey hungry go suffer am. All I do is go for a vacation, visits and return home to AREA!!

U.S & Canada I can understand, but not the U.K or any E.U country..

#Waiter, Give me 1 crate of Udeme with point & kill.. Then Keep 10litres of Palmmy with Ugba and Opkoroko, incase this match enter extra-time.. grin

21 Likes

Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by justwise(m): 10:09am On Mar 08, 2013
Freiburger:
Don't forget the terrorists are also be ready to pay a fee.

Paying the fees does not mean no check on individual risk to their country, the fees is just a deterrent for people who wish to overstay their visas

3 Likes

Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by ypzilanti: 10:11am On Mar 08, 2013
Those countries that have arranged themselves properly will always do shakara for the mumu countries. Nigeria would do same if we were performing...I can imagine how we would have put so many barriers against other African nations trying to come and chop better life in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by OmerianConsult: 10:12am On Mar 08, 2013
Stay in your country!
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 08, 2013
Ahahahahaahahaha

E no fit work... The major immigrant problem has an Eastern European flavour...with Polish being Britain's unofficial second language....

Unfortunately they can't tax these guys due to free movement/trade EU laws

2 Likes

Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 08, 2013
Dem D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ see blacks & asians as desperadoes, no be their fault sha. If our country is better than it is, na beg dem for D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ beg.
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by Fathai(m): 10:17am On Mar 08, 2013
This guys are high on cassava flakes AKA Garri....make them no worry.....there matter go stil be like greece own.
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by olapluto(m): 10:18am On Mar 08, 2013
I first heard of this story during breakfast with a colleague yesterday. She (a brit) laughed at it and feared it could paint the country poorly. It is a majorly flawed logic for a country like UK. How much will the bond be? Who gets the interest? Will genuine visitors not be repulsive to any idea of reducing their net holiday money? What is left of UK anyway? things are saturated. What if other countries replicate this to UK citizens?

1 Like

Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 08, 2013
Edit.
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by justwise(m): 10:23am On Mar 08, 2013
jackbauersballs: Who the hell edited my post? I made a Yoruba joke cos I'm Yoruba ffs! Wtf is wrong with this stewpid mod?

Your yoruba joke will generate into tribal war on this thread now, so to avoid this thread been derailed i have decided to edit your post.

1 Like

Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 08, 2013
justwise:

Your yoruba joke will generate into tribal war on this thread now, so to avoid this thread been derailed i have decided to edit your post.

Noted.

I retract my harsh words.

3 Likes

Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by TableLeg(m): 10:27am On Mar 08, 2013
I support the idea of the "entry bonds" ..... However, they need to carefully assess the different visa categories when setting a fee/amount
Stay in your country if you dont have a genuine business beyond the shores of your country!!!
Britain or any other country is entitled to do whatever they want to control and check migration... It is not by force!

2 Likes

Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by justwise(m): 10:28am On Mar 08, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Noted.

I retract my harsh words.

No worries.
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by justwise(m): 10:30am On Mar 08, 2013
ola_pluto: I first heard of this story during breakfast with a colleague yesterday. She (a brit) laughed at it and feared it could paint the country poorly. It is a majorly flawed logic for a country like UK. How much will the bond be? Who gets the interest? Will genuine visitors not be repulsive to any idea of reducing their net holiday money? What is left of UK anyway? things are saturated. What if other countries replicate this to UK citizens?

South Africa has being doing this for ages, that did not stop people traveling to SA even with their high crime rate.
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by kandiikane(m): 10:35am On Mar 08, 2013
ypzilanti: Those countries that have arranged themselves properly will always do shakara for the mumu countries. Nigeria would do same if we were performing...I can imagine how we would have put so many barriers against other African nations trying to come and chop better life in Nigeria.
Better life in naija? With the amount of humans there, are you ok?
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 08, 2013
kandiikane:
Better life in naija? With the amount of humans there, are you ok?

Are you blind or just dyslexic? .

Man said:
ypzilanti: Nigeria would do same if we were performing...I can imagine how we would have put so many barriers against other African nations trying to come and chop better life in Nigeria.

Go back to your village school and get a refund

1 Like

Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by paris10: 10:43am On Mar 08, 2013
Well, I will repeat, UK is dwindling, her economy is suffering because of the immigration policies.

2 Likes

Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by airmark(m): 10:55am On Mar 08, 2013
Money rules the world
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by hardbody: 10:57am On Mar 08, 2013
Omerian Consult: Stay in your country!

God bless you sir. The same reason i encourage them to place a total ban on immigration. I am going to spend my money and you are there doing gragra...I laugh in spanish. Na person wey water see hin leg e go carry. Make them come house come pull nah, silly twarts
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by ManTiger(m): 11:00am On Mar 08, 2013
See hyping and packaging at the highest...
I can't but laff at UK.

1 Like

Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by paris10: 11:01am On Mar 08, 2013
In the next 5 years or so, regardless of your accent or status, as long as you're black and from Africa, this slave trader country will start deporting everyone. UK has achieved their aims and would no longer need the services of the Africans.

You've built their roads, clean their streets and toilets, washed the bum of their elderly, trained their doctors and provided countless services. These bunch came to Africa, whipped our fathers, chained them, killed them, sold them as slaves for peanuts, took all our golds and resources, build their nation and left nothing for us.

They introduced Aids and other diseases to kill the rest of us, manufactured drugs for some of these disease so as to take all our money, invented guns so we can kill another, put us against other African countries and the rest of the world so as to cause enmity, brainwashed our elites in believing we are that bad and corrupt our leaders.

8 Likes

Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by bornosheikh: 11:05am On Mar 08, 2013
No worries - Nigerians will sill rush dat place for teriary education, Nigerians will still rush that place to work in Primark, Nigerian will still rush that place to work in toilet in club (ask shymmex na? tongue tongue tongue )

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

/ Jobless In Netherland, But Currently Building Two Houses In Nigeria. / Stop Travelling Abroad Without Proper Documentation, Dabiri-Erewa Warns Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.