Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,781 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? (19781 Views)

Is Kissing And Hugging Sinful In Christian Courtship? / Is Fornication Really A Sin? / Pre-Marital Sex Is Not Fornication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by goldenoc(f): 10:52am On Aug 13, 2005
l want to know if kissing and romancing are part of fornication.
Already, l know that they led to fornication.
But assuming after kissing and romancing it didn't end in fornication [i.e. intercourse or the main thing]?
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by hotangel2(f): 2:28pm On Aug 13, 2005
If you mean kissing and romancing someone else other than your spouse, then it definitely is fornication.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Chigszy(f): 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2005
Fornication is like having sex. Actually, that is wht it is (sexual intercourse). So yeah like you said kissing and doing all those romantic stuff can lead to fornication. But they are not fornication.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by hotangel2(f): 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2005
I guess chigszy is right.

fornication: Sexual intercourse between partners who are not married to each other.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by otokx(m): 7:19pm On Aug 13, 2005
i agree with hot-angel and chigszy
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by pkrix(m): 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2005
Sex is normally as I read in a book not bad but the betrayal of trust after the convequences of an intercourse has surfaced has made sex to be frowned upon as though it's bad.

There are also STI and things like unbudgeted pregnancy branding sex its bad stigma.

God in His infinite wisdom, as I read from this book made it (sex) for the enjoyment of a man and a woman.

But the wrong man with the wrong woman is I dont know.

I can only have it with u if I luv u n know I can live with u in case any pop-up but if not I may pretend n never come to do it cos I know that I will find it difficult to accept the outcomes with u.

So, conclusively, kissing is not fornication but romancing is.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by nike4luv(f): 8:49pm On Aug 13, 2005
i say it depends on what kind of kissing and romancing is definitely fornication
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by layi(m): 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2005
Fornication isnt just vagina n penis.what would u say about lesbianism , homosexuality?
Truth is- Fornication is any form of sensual/sexual gratification. There could be fingerin in "romancing". We don't have to be diplomatic about it.

"Dont dance near fire if u don't want to get burnt"

1 Like

Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by dablessed(f): 7:04pm On Aug 14, 2005
Kissing, petting, necking, touching under clothes and the rest of them are meant to prepare "married couples" for intercourse. So really, if you do not want to go all the way, why engage in such?

If you ask me, i would say kissing, intense romance, etc are all ways of fornicating because there is a form of sexual gratification arising from doing same.

***if you dont wanna eat it, dont taste it*** Fleeee!!!
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by klex(m): 1:04pm On Aug 15, 2005
pple pleez!

why r u all splitting hairs here, its simply crazy to try n make any distinction here. Just imagine if ur boyfriend or girlfriend caught u kissing or romancing another person or vice versa wld it be an acceptable response to say; oh! at least we were not fornicating . the thing wey no good e no good o!
These road to fornication starts in our hearts b4 being translated in2 action, which starts of course with romancing, then kissing, so let us not attempt to divorce one from the other, because once weve kissed a person then xcpt we are plain foolish or cruel we usually hav decided that we wldnt mind sleepin with that person. thereafter wat is left is time and opportunity to finish the deed, that of course will not apply where the man is just a useless fellow or something monumental occurs to cut short the romance (like one of them leavin the country or dying).

This is not to say im a saint, but where im concerned once the romance starts and it has led to kissing, then its just a matter of time b4 we shld get introduced personally to the womans more intimate parts. Less any unforseen circumstances, I always endeavor to finish wat i start grin

So pple my words of wisdom r; its all the same sh.....t if ur not thinkin of doing it then dont start lest u end up toying with another persons feelings.

1 Like

Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Chigszy(f): 8:46pm On Aug 15, 2005
@klex even if it is wif your bf or gf it is not fornication but the thing is wht d hell is he/she doing with someboby else other than with you

it is still not fornication is we are trying to follow the definition of fornication.............
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by fabian(f): 9:03am On Aug 16, 2005
Who says that kissing and necking and touching and what have you are not fornication? Guys please! What then do you call that? an Introduction to fornication?
For people who don't know the definition of fornication, it means " voluntary sexual intercouse of the unmarried, sometimes extended to cases where only one of the parties concerned is unmarried"
Klex, you have got it all figured by saying the road to fornication starts in our heart.
Kissing and necking and Romancing are all ffffffffffornicating.
Its a wrap! tongue

1 Like

Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by klex(m): 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2005
thank u fabian for educating chigszy
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by suls(m): 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2005
To this question.Am going to look at it in two ways.One:Kissing and romancing is not a sin because these does not involve the sex organs.Two:It is a sin because the word of God says we should flee from sin and things that can lead to sin.you might want to kiss and romance alone but you know this body when the fire has been set on to put it off will be difficult thereby going into the sin of fornication.ciao!
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Greatpeter(m): 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2005
Yes my dear if done by unmarried ones, or outside marriage.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by angelak(f): 12:19pm On Aug 19, 2005
Yes it is! grin
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Hndholder(m): 3:55pm On Aug 19, 2005
ROM 16:16 Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the churches of Christ greet you.

1CO 16:20 All the brethren greet you. Greet one another with a holy kiss.

2CO 13:12 Greet one another with a holy kiss.

1PE 5:14 Greet one another with a kiss of love. Peace be to you all who are in Christ.

Kissing inform of greeting is not fornication but romancing arose sexual instinct that normaly leads to romatic thoughts, which is the sin of fornication.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by layi(m): 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2005
@Hnd-holder
According to theologians, the holy Kiss isnt mouf-mouf. Its usually a kiss on the foehead or cheek-cheek.
Thats not the kind of Kiss here obviously.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Hndholder(m): 1:49pm On Aug 22, 2005
Brother, they have thesame effect, Kiss na kiss.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by layi(m): 1:54pm On Aug 22, 2005
Just like saying money na money. aiight? 10$ isnt same as 100$ bro.

Dont try to french kiss your sister o!
oops ! my bad..no spite intended o
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Hndholder(m): 2:02pm On Aug 22, 2005
Smaller Money = small kiss eh Big Money $100 Big kiss Kiss na kiss the intention may differ
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by layi(m): 2:05pm On Aug 22, 2005
Hnd-holder:

Smaller Money = small kiss eh Big Money $100 Big kiss Kiss na kiss the intention may differ
Just place them appropriately.

Using big kiss for the wrong person can switch intentions o!
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Greatpeter(m): 2:07pm On Aug 22, 2005
Hnd-holder:

ROM 16:16 Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the churches of Christ greet you.

1CO 16:20 All the brethren greet you. Greet one another with a holy kiss.

2CO 13:12 Greet one another with a holy kiss.

1PE 5:14 Greet one another with a kiss of love. Peace be to you all who are in Christ.

Kissing inform of greeting is not fornication but romancing arose sexual instinct that normaly leads to romatic thoughts, which is the sin of fornication.

Hnd holder, welcome back longest time but this kind of kiss is quite different from the one here.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Hndholder(m): 2:34pm On Aug 22, 2005
Kiss is kiss any how you do it
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by layi(m): 3:11pm On Aug 22, 2005
we hear ya! sad
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by gina34(f): 4:56pm On Aug 24, 2005
kissingggggggggggggggggggggggg mou-mouf is that the kind of kiss u guys are talking about rolleyes
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Hndholder(m): 4:59pm On Aug 24, 2005
Let us know the one you sabi
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by twinkledew(f): 1:43pm On Aug 31, 2005
i have noticed that most people just pick out scriptures in the bible. its wrong to do so if u do not read the whole verse (s) and understand. that is what is dividing or causing Confusion in todays life.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Hndholder(m): 2:36pm On Aug 31, 2005
No other word or meaning KISS is KISS HUG has many meanings You kiss your lovers hand or head any where is Kiss, avoid it if you can not stand it.
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by layi(m): 5:27pm On Aug 31, 2005
Kiss on the hand send elctrical impulses in miliamperes but Kiss on the lip/tougue send Voltage in MEGA[/b]amperes and u r likely gonna be [b]erroticuted
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by Greatpeter(m): 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2005
Hnnnn Layi is good at this. tongue
Re: Kissing and Romancing: Part of Fornication? by hotangel2(f): 10:46pm On Aug 31, 2005
layi:

Kiss on the hand send elctrical impulses in miliamperes but Kiss on the lip/tougue send Voltage in MEGA[/b]amperes and you're likely going to be [b]erroticuted

which one am i getting? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why God Allows Bad Things To Happen To Good People / Bishop Oyedepo & His Wife, Faith, Celebrate 39th Wedding Anniversary / What Gospel Songs Minister To You Most??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.