Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps (4602 Views)

How I Am Earning $30 Daily Using Paidverts(step By Step Guide) / Step-by-step Guide On Setting Up E-commerce Website Using Wordpress / Everything About Registering A Company In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by massiveprofits1(m): 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2013
Every now and then, new ways of making money emerge from new areas of human endeavour. One of such that readily comes to mind is making money from the Internet. Making money from the Internet is a relatively new trend, one which is growing in leaps and bounds.

Presently, one of the hottest ways to make money online is through development of applications (Apps) for computers and mobile devices. The apps industry is a very big one, with massive earning potentials if you succeed in developing a good app. To give you a clearer picture of how big the apps development business is, here is the brief story of mobile gaming apps giants, Zynga, founded in July, 2007. Zynga has made billions of dollars from gaming apps alone! Every day, around 53 million people play Zynga games on Facebook, with 22 million daily active users on mobile. In early 2013, Zynga announced that FarmVille, one of its most popular games, had reached $1 billion in total player bookings. Such are the huge money-making potentials of the applications development business.
Follow this post as I will reveal all you need to position yourself to tap into the highly lucrative apps business. Read on…

What Is Apps Development, And Why Is It A Hot Money Maker?[b][/b]
Simply defined: An application is a software designed to help a user perform a specific task. It could be for use on a PC, or the more recent ones that are used on mobile devices.

Apps are big part of our lives today; we use them for many things, from job apps, personal finances, social media apps to gaming. Some are web based (need the Internet to function), while others are not. Apps development business is a hot money-maker, because most business processes are now being driven by technology, and technology is not complete without computers, which in turn depend on apps to carry out tasks more efficiently.
And with the type of smart phones being churned out by Apple, Blackberry, Nokia, Samsung, Sony, HTC and other big phone manufacturers in recent times, computing and accessing the Internet is gradually moving away from desktop computers to mobiles devices. As a matter of fact, recent statistics suggest that the trend is catching on faster than projected.

This new trend means that all websites and applications that were hitherto built to display on the large screen of desktop computers and laptops will need to be compressed into Mobile Applications for optimum usage experience. It also implies that new mobile applications can be built specifically for mobile devices. So, mobile apps development is more or less the future of the apps development business. Its huge customer base of smart phone users makes it a goldmine for those who are interested in the business. Being the future of the apps development business, it is where every smart netprenuer should be positioning himself/herself.

Follow this thread as I am going to post all you have to know to develop apps.

Download the FREE App Creator at http://massiveprofitvault.com/AppCreator.pdf

Thanks
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by massiveprofits1(m): 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2013
Mobile apps can be classified according to the platform they are built for. So, we can have android apps, iPhone apps, iPad apps, Kindle apps, etc… They can be further divided into about 23 categories, but they all fit into the 6 broad categories listed below:
1. Social Networking apps,
2. Productivity Apps,
3. News apps,
4. Entertainment apps,
5. Games apps, and
6. Utility apps.

Social Networking apps:
Most of us use this kind of apps on a daily basis. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. are all social networking apps which we use every now and then from our mobile devices.

Productivity apps:
Those apps which help us in increasing our productivity are referred to as productivity apps. For example grocery list makers, translators, finance apps, etc. are all productivity apps.

News apps:
The sharing function is the most important feature of news apps. These apps spread virally through providing strong content to a mass audience. Examples are ZNet, Educational apps, News Stand, etc.

Entertainment apps:
Face Juggler, Talking Ted, Baldify and love-vendor My Screen are some examples of entertainment apps which have been developed and designed for entertaining the mass audience.

Games apps
Almost everybody loves games apps! Most of love to play games on our mobile device in spare time. Angry Birds, Cut The Buttons, Sudoku, etc are some examples of games apps.

Utility apps:
Calculators, Notepads, communications apps, weather apps, Map apps, etc . are some examples of utility apps which we carry with us, and which help us in performing some simple and easy tasks.

The development of any of these applications by programmers/developers for mobile devices is what is referred to as mobile apps development. Therefore, mobile apps business can simply be defined as creating and selling mobile apps to end-users.

Re: Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by wirinet(m): 10:45pm On Mar 07, 2013
Thank you very much for giving us an introduction to mobile applications. I eagerly await the actual step by step guide on how to make money from mobile applications.
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by massiveprofits1(m): 2:27pm On Mar 08, 2013
How to create your own money spinning App

Most software developers will not have problems creating their own money-making mobile apps. As a matter of fact, the bulk of people making money from apps business at the moment are software developers.

To become an app owner as a non-developer, you can partner with a developer as a co-founder, use special platforms that allow non-developers to develop apps without any programming knowledge, buy the app with the license from a developer or outsource the coding aspect. (I will give you a software for you to develop your own app without going through all those hassles)

There are a number of platforms that have succeeded in tearing down technical barriers to allow non-programmers develop their own apps in record time. You can try www.applicationcraft.com

However, if you decide to outsource the coding of your app, these step-by-step tips will help you get started:
1. Come up with a great idea for app (especially games)
2. Write that idea down, then make a rough sketch of how it will look
3. Hand it off to a low-cost apps developer team who will create the app for you. You can get low cost app developers on freelancer.com
4. Submit your app to the platform where you want to sell it
5. Market your app with all you’ve got and make cash.

For you to make money with the app you created, there must be user engagement. That, mobile users must find the app useful. If they do, then you can think of making money through any or all of the following ways:
1. Through adverts
2. Through direct charges for download by users
3. Licensing the app to a big organization, and making money on commission from them
4. Adding adsense code on the app, etc.

Example of an app you can create right now to make huge profit, create an app that helps JAMB or other exam bodies conduct their exams on mobile devices. Students will pay for the app to the exam body, while you make commission from the sales (consider how much you are going to make from JAMB only).
You can charge high or low depending on the perceived value of the app and incorporate mobile adverts if advert impressions will not be a turn off to the app users. Where adverts will not be annoying to users with such apps as news apps, sports result apps, etc., charges can be minimal. But where ads can be annoying, you can charge upfront and not allow adverts.

Till I come your way for the next tip on making money on mobile apps.

2 Likes

Re: Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by massiveprofits1(m): 10:04am On Mar 09, 2013
Where can mobile Apps be sold?

The top three places to sell your mobile apps are Apple iTunes (apps built for iPhone, iPad), Google Play (apps built for android devices), and Amazon’s Apps Marketplace.

Apple iTunes (developer.apple.com/iphone)

To be able to upload and sell your app on iTunes, you need to sign up as an apple developer on their website and download the iPhone Software Developemnt Kit (SDK). You’ll have to pay a $99 yearly fee and then you can submit apps for review to be included in the app store.

Google Play (play.google.com/store
)
Google Play, previously called Android Market, is the most popular Android app store. What helps to make Google Play so successful is that all Android smart phones come with the Google Play already installed, and therefore, it is easily accessible for Android users. With no review process like that of iTunes, your app can be released into the app marketplace in minutes. The downside to this app store is that it is extremely crowded, making your app harder to find.

Amazon App Store

Another popular and easy to use app store is the Amazon Appstore for Android apps. Amazon regularly highlights apps, which is a great free advertising to for you to utilize. Apps seem to be easier to find in this app store. Amazon has a review process that reviews and edits app descriptions, which can be a bonus if you are not in a rush to get your app out into the market immediately.

Ok, enough of the top three marketplaces. Now let’s take a look at other marketplaces that you probably don’t know about, but which are good places to sell your app. They include sellmyapplication.com, slideme.org, appsbidder.com, buysellapp.com and apptrading.com.

You can sell your apps on any of these platforms.

Till I come your way for the next post, titled What Apps Sell Faster, And What Can Be Done To Make An App A Hit?[i][/i]

1 Like

Re: Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by massiveprofits1(m): 7:53am On Mar 10, 2013
I can see that many people are not interested in this post.

So, I will no longer post more on it.

But if others say I should post more tips then no problem, I will.
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by optimus30: 8:55am On Mar 10, 2013
Pls continue,i'm with u
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by massiveprofits1(m): 7:09am On Mar 11, 2013
Then I will post the rest parts....
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by optimus30: 8:33am On Mar 11, 2013
massiveprofits1: Then I will post the rest parts....
Thnks
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by dgbanj: 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2013
modified post no longer working
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by massiveprofits1(m): 4:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
What Apps Sell Faster, And What Can Be Done To Make An App A Hit?

According to Nwadike, it depends on the needs of prospective users of your app. But he also mentioned that, some types of app seem to sell faster on the apps market than others. They include:

1. Security apps (antivirus/firewalls, etc.
2. Blogs
3. Chat apps
4. Bulk SMS apps
5. Games apps

Before you start your application building and marketing business, you should also know what you are up against when it comes to the trends in applications and what people want.

To make you app a hit in the marketplace, you the concept of your app to be flushed out even before you come close to the coding aspect, and that it must include a “hook”. This hook, according Professor Nerdson, is what will make the app to be addictive. It is the reason anybody will pick it up (install it) and not put it down (uninstall it).

For an app to be a hit, it has to meet the needs of its network of users beyond 50%. Also, its services should be next to none (services offered should have few competition) to get an idea of what is selling.

Remember also, that the Internet runs hot and cold very quickly, as trends continue to change. So, you should always keep your finger on the pulse of Internet trends, and know what is hot at every point in time.

See you in the next post titled “marketing your app”[i][/i]. It is true to an extent that producing an app isn’t as hard as marketing it.

1 Like

Re: Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by massiveprofits1(m): 6:54am On Mar 20, 2013
Download the App creator above
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by samchide(m): 8:27pm On Jun 11, 2013
nice work massive still with you....
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by EXICON(m): 9:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
great work here @massive profits.i'm rilly being enlightened.keep it flowing.
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by dwizy(m): 10:53pm On Jun 11, 2013
Good work bro. Nyc to have people like you around.

I used to argue with a friend that building an app with a mobile application won't give total reflection of what you intended. Am I right?
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by peteafrik88(m): 12:00am On Jun 12, 2013
I have a windows developers account and looking to partner a software develper... We can talk through: peteafrik88@gmail.com
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by joewire: 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2013
I'm really enjoying this, I have an idea for a mobile app I want to share with u. I want to collect all the addresses and contacts numbers of businesses in my city and create it into an app and sell, what do u think.
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by joewire: 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2013
I'm really enjoying this, I have an idea for a mobile app I want to share with u. I want to collect all the addresses and contacts numbers of businesses in my city and create it into an app and sell. what do u think?
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by massiveprofits1(m): 12:37am On Jun 17, 2013
joewire: I'm really enjoying this, I have an idea for a mobile app I want to share with u. I want to collect all the addresses and contacts numbers of businesses in my city and create it into an app and sell. what do u think?
That is a good idea. Thanks
Re: Step-by-step Guide To Making Money From Mobile Apps by jasper7(m): 1:07am On Jun 17, 2013
Nice One bro, Apps offer great Money making opportunity, the only challenge is that good programmers are few

(1) (Reply)

Men's Uk Suits, Senator Suits & Native Wears (Latest Picture Collections) / How Do I Report ATM Fraud To Central Bank Of Nigeria? / Any Idea ? (importation Of Perfume, Deodorant And Other Body Products)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.