Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Worth your attention and contribution:Book Publication. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Worth your attention and contribution:Book Publication. (987 Views)

What Can He Do With His 350k Contribution? / The List Of Richest Women In Nigeria, Please Make Your Own Contribution / Get The E-publication Of The Federal Government Tender Journal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worth your attention and contribution:Book Publication. by great063(m): 6:20pm On Mar 07, 2013
Being a student in an ICT establishment in Benin city and currently close to the end of the diploma phase of my course in Network Engineering,I discovered the gap between folks in dire need of practical skills and knowledge in ICT and the programs available mostly because of insufficient and unavailable funds to register for these programs.This inspired and prompted me to write a comprehensive book on computer fundamentals and a practical approach to the use of the Internet,Microsoft Office applications;Word,PowerPoint,Access,and Excel in November last year.The target niche of this book will be secondary school and university students.The challenge I have is funds.I tried to juggle my academics and raise cash for the book through doing menial jobs,it didn't quite pan out.I've done a market survey on the cost of publishing the first 1000 copies of this 54-paged book,it amounted to #200000.I've spoken with an Inspector of Education with the Ministry of Education in Delta State and some lecturers,they promised to support the book project in terms of creating avenues for its sale.I understand that there are other angles to realizing this goal which I may not be fully aware of.I need your advice on how to make this project a reality,generate cash for this publication and your financial partnership.Your contribution will be thankfully acknowledged. Call:07030754925, email:gigiekhume@yahoo.com.
Re: Worth your attention and contribution:Book Publication. by great063(m): 11:39pm On Mar 09, 2013
Still expecting your helpful and constructive comments.I can't tell why some posts on this thread have been hidden.
Re: Worth your attention and contribution:Book Publication. by citypulseng(m): 2:41pm On Mar 10, 2013
Dear Great, ur post was a constant reminder of what I went through to publish my 1st (Fun Book for Adult & Children) & 2nd (Biz to start with less than N50,00) books.

If I tell you it is easy, na set-up o. In your case, 2 things are involved - raising capital & creatin a market for the book. People will always promise & fail u; so stop looking to so-called govt officials or big men.

Look around you, what do u have that can be sold to kick-start ur dream - AC, Laptop, fridge etc? Dispose them & give ur printer as upfront payment.

Next, write out all the names of close people u know who are doing well - families, friends, uncles, aunties & even ex neighbours. Cry to them one after the other that u have a N200,000 project. Explain that u managed to gather N120,000 remaining N80,000 but quickly add that u won't mind if the person spare as little as N10,000 or even N5000, u will appreciate. I guarantee that even if they are not all generous, by the time u get to the 10th person the money shud be complete.

Even if u cudn't finishing paying for the printing, the printer shud be lenient enough to give some copies of the book to sell and pay him offm simple!

In the area of sales, use freelance academic vendors who move from department to department as well as bookshops close to varsities and secondary schools.

I hope this tip helps. If you have further worries, mail me via folfrad@yahoo.com
Citypulseng..com
Re: Worth your attention and contribution:Book Publication. by great063(m): 8:02pm On Mar 10, 2013
@citypulseng,thanks so much.Seeing your comment alone has encouraged me.I'll follow up the guidelines and give you feedback as things develop.

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Start Your Own Business In Nigeria, Even As A Student. / FLOREAT!!! / Organo Gold Coffee Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.