Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,732 members, 7,806,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? (2682 Views)

Why Dont Yorubas Claim Istekiri, The Way Igbos Claim Ikwerre, Delta Igbo? / This Funny People Called Igbo (ikwerre Vs Nsuka) / Delta Igbo, Bendel Igbo: What Does That Even Mean. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by Antivirus92(m): 9:53pm On Mar 07, 2013
I believe that igbo is a large nation. Sometimes i wonder why we east of the niger care much about those people opposite of us. Time have proven that most of these people do not really care about us the way we do about them. Even though some of do identify with the igbo nation,some have on the other hand claim another thing even when their name,culture and language are saying otherwise. Left for me,let everybody be what he think he is. Be igbo if you think you are and be a jupiterian if you comfortable with it.
Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by odumchi: 1:19am On Mar 08, 2013
Antivirus, nwonyeke m, ka m duo gi odu:

Why is it that you speak as if you own a copyright on the Igbo identity; as if your father was the first Igboman, therefore everyone that wants to identify as such must answer to you?

My guy, your reasoning is very faulty and extremely insultive. You not only spoke condescendingly on the legions of our brethren whose sole fault is that they occupy the "wrong" side of the Niger, but by making such a statement, also drove a stake into the heart of the very fabric that unites the "Igbo nation": diversity.

By asking such a question, you made a painfully broad and ignorant statement. All politics aside, in what way(s) are the Ikwere/Ika/Ukwuani any different from the Nkanu/Urata/Egbema? What makes their presence in the "Igbo mix" any less "important" or "significant"? Let me tell you, what your doing is outright discrimination and self-abuse. Mentalities like this will forever continue to pierce holes within our solidarity as Igbo, weakening us politically and creating unnecessary tension, division, and mistrust...

M sila ya mbu kama m ma-ekwu ya odo: Igbo dum wu olu. O nwee onye kara ibe ya wuru onye Igbo. Inyi ghosa ihe a ngwangwa, oganivu anyi abiakwa ngwangwa.
Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by Antivirus92(m): 5:33am On Mar 08, 2013
odumchi: Antivirus, nwonyeke m, ka m duo gi odu:

Why is it that you speak as if you own a copyright on the Igbo identity; as if your father was the first Igboman, therefore everyone that wants to identify as such must answer to you?

My guy, your reasoning is very faulty and extremely insultive. You not only spoke condescendingly on the legions of our brethren whose sole fault is that they occupy the "wrong" side of the Niger, but by making such a statement, also drove a stake into the heart of the very fabric that unites the "Igbo nation": diversity.

By asking such a question, you made a painfully broad and ignorant statement. All politics aside, in what way(s) are the Ikwere/Ika/Ukwuani any different from the Nkanu/Urata/Egbema? What makes their presence in the "Igbo mix" any less "important" or "significant"? Let me tell you, what your doing is outright discrimination and self-abuse. Mentalities like this will forever continue to pierce holes within our solidarity as Igbo, weakening us politically and creating unnecessary tension, division, and mistrust...

M sila ya mbu kama m ma-ekwu ya odo: Igbo dum wu olu. O nwee onye kara ibe ya wuru onye Igbo. Inyi ghosa ihe a ngwangwa, oganivu anyi abiakwa ngwangwa.
thank you, but i didn't said that they are not igbos. If you read my post well you will see where i wrote that they claim not to be igbos but their name,language and culture is saying otherwise(that they are igbos). So don't sentence me to death unnecessarily. We try to claim them but they ended up giving us names like land-grabbers,propagandists etc. So let every one be what he thinks he is. And that ur igbo "diversity" throw it away.
Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by Nobody: 7:31am On Mar 08, 2013
@Antivirus, you're not new on Nairaland, this issue has been thrashed time and again to pulp, yet nothing Good comes out of it. This is my Conclusion, most Aniomas and Ikwerres believe deep down in themselves that they are Igbo, but due to Nigeria's political set up post civil war(which descriminates against anything Igbo) they dont admit openly that they are Igbo. Tell me what would the Ikwerres have gained if they claimed 'Igbo' in the 70's and lost their oil wells to The Ijaws? But becos they openly denied 'Igbo' today the Capital of thier state Portharcourt is Nigerias 3rd city. Portharcourt is Bigger and Much more advanced than Enugu And Owerri Combined. In 2001 during the Sharia riots in the North, i and my brother(elder) were accosted by some hausa youths armed with Cutlasses, they asked us what tribe we were, as a little boy aging only 6 i was gonna say 'Igbo',but my elder brother immediately cut me short and said 'Yoruba'! That word 'Yoruba' saved my life and that of my brother that day. If we had so foolishly out of Patriotism said we were 'igbos', we would have been history today. So nwanne, when these people deny their Igboness, they have their reasons. The only thing that can unite the Igbo nation is An Igbo president, that's why Nigeria doesnt want to give us that post. Udo diri Umu Igbo nile, ma Ndi nona Delta na Rivers.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 14, 2013
^^Nice one. It seems advantageous to them to disclaim igboness in the present polity. You know, the war and all that...
BTW, what's up with your signature? ...You are supposed to be gay! Why you no write "make money and fvck men"?
Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 14, 2013
kwangi: ^^Nice one. It seems advantageous to them to disclaim igboness in the present polity. You know, the war and all that...
BTW, what's up with your signature? ...You are supposed to be gay! Why you no write "make money and fvck men"?
You shouldnt have gone through my profile.
Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 15, 2013
INNO18: You shouldnt have gone through my profile.
Naaa... I didn't go through your profile. Wey the time dey?
I followed a thread you opened once about why people hate gays or something like that, in the culture section.
Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 15, 2013
Just checked your profile.
There's nothing there to suggest you are gay. Is there?
Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 15, 2013
hmmmn, it's been more than 6 months i opened that thread. U try! Hope u're not homophobic?
Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by pazienza(m): 4:35am On Mar 16, 2013
INNO18: hmmmn, it's been more than 6 months i opened that thread. U try! Hope u're not homophobic?

Hahaha! I think he is a bit homophobic, you didn't hear that from me o! *grins*
Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 16, 2013
lol, anyway back to the topic,@pazienza what's ur opinion?
Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 16, 2013
pazienza:

Hahaha! I think he is a bit homophobic, you didn't hear that from me o! *grins*
You eh...
Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by pazienza(m): 2:52am On Mar 17, 2013
INNO18: lol, anyway back to the topic,@pazienza what's ur opinion?

I believe that no part of igboland must be allowed to secede from the greater igbo union. Every part of igboland is special,and brings special flavour to the igbo identity, without which we cannot be the same,in the golden days of igbo union,we were able to harness the unique attributes of different igbo tribes,to create a union that was so powerful in the nigerian political,educational and military arena.

So yes,we can do without the ika,ikwerre,ukwuani,ekpeye,ogba,etche,etc of this world, but we can do better with them. And since we want to do better,infact we want to be the best,we must keep them within the igbo fold,we must unite igbo tribes once again,if we hope to re-claim our lost glory.
That's my belief,anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 17, 2013
Wow, that's a Nice one
Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by Mangodman(m): 6:40am On Mar 17, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]Twitter dieing slowly
Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 17, 2013
Mangodman: [color=#990000][/color]Twitter dieing slowly
What has that got to do wif the topic @ hand?
Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by igboboy1(m): 4:21am On Oct 22, 2013
CONFAB: MCF seeks common position for Midwest

on October 22, 2013 / in News 12:24 am / Comments

By SIMON EBEGBULEM

BENIN— AHEAD of the proposed national conference, leadership of the Midwest Consultative Forum, MCF, led by the former governor of old Bendel State, Dr. Samuel Ogbemudia, will on October 24 meet in Benin to decide the positions to be canvassed by the region at the conference.

The group also plans to hold a mini conference in November, where decisions will be reached on the position of the people of the old Midwest in the national dialogue.

It would be recalled that the forum had been meeting in Benin for the past four years, discussing issues on sustaining unity in the area.

Dr. Ogbemudia had on one of the meetings told Vanguard that “the forum is made up of our brothers in the old Bendel State: Itsekiri, Ijaw, Urhobo, Delta Igbo , Isoko and others within the old Midwest region.

“We always discuss issues that will bring and continue to sustain the unity we have enjoyed.

“We also try to ensure that we speak with one voice on national issues and that is why we meet from time to time to discuss issues that are bothering us and we find solutions to them.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/confab-mcf-seeks-common-position-midwest/#sthash.FuDrSauR.dpuf

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/confab-mcf-seeks-common-position-midwest/

OK so Edo man know's Agboanteen pass agboanteen himself shocked
In other news I heard Ogbemudia has Igbanke roots too himself...

To agboanteen he is owa. To hausa and yorooba he is another OKORO...

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:50pm On Oct 22, 2013
Antivirus nwanne,the topic of this thread I a bit misleading compare to the opening post. Well,like you said,we should accept those who accept their Igboness and ignore the rest. You know what they say,time is a teacher.

As for Inno...that boy na etinye nmadu ifele n' anya !
Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by Antivirus92(m): 10:48pm On Oct 22, 2013
NRI PRIEST: Antivirus nwanne,the topic of this thread I a bit misleading compare to the opening post. Well,like you said,we should accept those who accept their Igboness and ignore the rest. You know what they say,time is a teacher.

As for Inno...that boy na etinye nmadu ifele n' anya !
ide nnaa, otegokwa nnukwu aka. Odika ijebelu omugwo...lol.... The topic is confusing indeed. I like delta igbos and any other igbo man from any part of igboland, i also detest so much those denying their root for political reasons. But like u said, let's keep watching them. Maybe time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:17pm On Oct 23, 2013
Antivirus92: ide nnaa, otegokwa nnukwu aka. Odika ijebelu omugwo...lol.... The topic is confusing indeed. I like delta igbos and any other igbo man from any part of igboland, i also detest so much those denying their root for political reasons. But like u said, let's keep watching them. Maybe time will tell.

Ide nnaa,anokwo mia mana ana m' agbaghali inata bia nuo nwanyi na onwa na abia.

As for those who doesn't want to be called Igbo evethough facts say otherwise,let them be.
Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by 1shortblackboy: 9:28pm On Oct 26, 2013
tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by Frestuffng: 8:45am On Dec 23, 2021
ibos, I love the tribe.
Re: Delta Igbo,bendel Igbo,ikwerre Igbo,do They Really Matter To The Igbo Nation? by ipobarethieves: 9:50am On Dec 23, 2021
grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Don't Commit Suicide? / Oji Ezinihitte Festival / AZIA Yam Festival 2017 In Ihiala Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.