Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours (21242 Views)

Electricity Workers Protest Over Non-Payment Of Salary In Lagos (Photos) / Daily Independent Staff Go On Strike Over Non-payment Of Salary (Photos) / Hourly Wage Vs Monthly Salary: Which Is Preferable And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by free2ryhme: 10:10pm On Mar 07, 2013
1. Onion Salary - You grab it, you open it, and you cry

2. Storm Salary - You don't know when it's coming or going

3. Menstrual Salary - It comes once a month and lasts only three days

4. Magic Salary - You touch it and it disappears

WHICH ONE IS YOURS?

10 Likes

Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by israel007: 10:16pm On Mar 07, 2013
None of the above. Mine comes always and it serves its purpose by God's grace.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
free2ryhme:

WHICH ONE IS YOURS?
laffing uncontrollably.
When it's time to write my biography, it ll be included that I once took home 'Menstrual Salary (a.k.a period).
Rotflmao for Onion Salary, Magic Salary & Storm Salary (I pity those that earn it). front page plz, mods

1 Like

Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by cool318(m): 11:03am On Mar 08, 2013
I no fit laugh , i think i have been a victim of all the types of Salary you listed above.
some Nigerian Employers no be am at all, it s time to set up my own business, but CAC is a witch in disguise.

5 Likes

Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by Emmy9ite(m): 11:24pm On Mar 08, 2013
Lol... Nice one there. I get paid based on my result. I don't collect any salary.
Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by Ddonoflife(m): 11:18am On Mar 09, 2013
Lols,dis salary dey mke me laf lyk seriously...omo i no wish to get any of dem ooooo
Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by Madawaki01(m): 11:19am On Mar 09, 2013
I dnt get any of dem..no ....to comment
Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 09, 2013
Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 09, 2013
None of the above

1 Like

Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by osisey2010: 11:22am On Mar 09, 2013
What do you call corper's salary? Alawie... That's mine. Menstrual salary!

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by chemashie(m): 11:23am On Mar 09, 2013
free2ryhme:

WHICH ONE IS YOURS?
this guy no go kill me for here, I think I have benefited from all the salaries mentioned above before I discovered the real deal.

1 Like

Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by topsy1971: 11:23am On Mar 09, 2013
What do we call this category? "You have it every month, and small of it still remain till next month"
Anyway good post to relax your nerves for the weekend.
Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by LeOstrich: 11:26am On Mar 09, 2013
salary is for slaves.

The term salary comes from the Latin word salarium which translates to salt.

Salt was at one time a very precious commodity in the old world.

The roman soldiers were not paid wages during active service but salt rations which they used to batter for goods and services (woman comfort services) within their local posting. The salt rations were the only thing a Roman soldier was guaranteed. Other forms of compensation were from war booties (if you survived the battle) and a soldier's share was determined by rank and number of survivors. If a Roman soldier then survives a series of campaigns inspired by despotic Generals, he is guaranteed a pension depending on the largess-es of his General. Most soldiers were conscripted by force from the mines or prisons so a retirement meant an end of servitude. Others more fortunate may own a plot of land in servitude to the General in his rural villa.

Not much has changed since for your average salt earner.

The phrase worth his/her salt comes to mind.

4 Likes

Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by Profkomolafe(m): 11:26am On Mar 09, 2013
Na dagote salary or senator's salary i nid. grin
Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 09, 2013

sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 09, 2013
please what is worse than onion salry........i dey survive on pocket money salary grin grin
Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by alaladakosta(f): 11:28am On Mar 09, 2013
mine is RAIN, its touches so many people when it comes.

13 Likes

Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by tonyx4x44(m): 11:28am On Mar 09, 2013
Me na hustle salary
Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by enigmagu1(m): 11:29am On Mar 09, 2013
boko haram salary..when u take it..it xplode causin destruction...
Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 09, 2013
I'm soooooo confused!
Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by bigfat04(m): 11:33am On Mar 09, 2013
[size=15pt]YOU NEED TO FIX MORE OPTIONS ,the is so funny[/size] cheesy

Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by ebamma(m): 11:35am On Mar 09, 2013
.MAMA IYABO SALARY:you use it to pay food credit and it lasts for only one day
GARRI SALARY: you use it to chop only food and it lasts for atleast 30days
MOLUE/OKADA SALARY: you use it only to pay transport to work and it may last for atleast 20days
BB SALARY: you use it only to buy blackberry for your girlfriend and it last only one day
PASTOR SALARY:you use it only to pay tithes and offering in the church and after sunday its gone
Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by chiboy11(m): 11:37am On Mar 09, 2013
If u colet al dis type dat means u can't go afta girls undecided
Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 09, 2013
Mine is

Number (5) SEA SALARY= It comes from every source and never runs dry... cool

6 Likes

Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by nikkyshyne(f): 11:37am On Mar 09, 2013
The types of salary isn't comprehensive. I have once been a victim of storm salary though.
Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by Sike(m): 11:38am On Mar 09, 2013
All this salary options are damn Complicated to me jare!
Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 09, 2013
Le Ostrich: salary is for slaves.

The roman soldiers were not paid wages during active service but salt rations which they used to batter for goods and services (woman comfort services) within their local posting. The salt rations were the only thing a Roman soldier was guaranteed. Other forms of compensation were from war booties (if you survived the battle) and a soldier's share was determined by rank and number of survivors. If a Roman soldier then survives a series of campaigns inspired by despotic Generals, he is guaranteed a pension depending on the largess-es of his General. Most soldiers were conscripted by force from the mines or prisons so a retirement meant an end of servitude. Others more fortunate may own a plot of land in servitude to the General in his rural villa.

Who asked for this long epistle? GOSH!!!!

10 Likes

Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by log1(m): 11:46am On Mar 09, 2013
ITK dey worry ham
Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by abenelo: 11:48am On Mar 09, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Le Ostrich: salary is for slaves.

This is serious ITK (i too know)
Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:48am On Mar 09, 2013
WinnieDPooh: Mine is

Number (5) SEA SALARY= It comes from every source and never runs dry... cool

Yes ooo
Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by LeOstrich: 11:48am On Mar 09, 2013
WinnieDPooh: Who asked for this long epistle? GOSH!!!!

another fact for you

Re: Types Of Salary: Which One Is Yours by fredopayee(m): 11:48am On Mar 09, 2013
Emmy9ite: Lol... Nice one there. I get paid based on my result. I don't collect any salary.
hmm. With that your 3rd class result? The above listed results are better than yours I think?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Power In Your Thinking / World's Worst Jobs: From Armpit Sniffer To Sewer Diver / BREAKING: Why Some Nigerian Civil Servants Have Not Received November Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.