Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow (8071 Views)

Another Stowaway Boy Arrested In Benin Airport / Pictures Of The Remodelled Benin Airport / New Face Of The Remodelled Benin Airport. Who Says The FG Is Not Working. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by gramci: 1:01am On Mar 08, 2013
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria will tomorrow commission the remodeled Benin Airport terminal in Benin City, Edo state.
The airport is the third to be commissioned among the 11 airports listed under the first phase of the Airport Remodelling Project.
The two already commissioned are the Murtala Muhammed Airport Domestic Terminal 1, on October 22, 2012 and the General Aviation Terminal of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja on January 21st, 2013.
The remaining eight airports under the first phase, that is Kano, Yola, Kaduna, Calabar, Enugu, Jos, Owerri and Port Harcourt, which are at various stages of completion,will soon be commissioned, FAAN said.
The second phase of the project involving the remaining 11 airports in the country is expected to commence by mid 2013.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/business/51974-benin-airport-for-commissioning-tomorrow
Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by Nobody: 1:04am On Mar 08, 2013
Laughable.

1 Like

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by gramci: 1:08am On Mar 08, 2013
Prof Corruption: Laughable.

Enemy of progress, u don reach here cheesy

29 Likes

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:27am On Mar 08, 2013

^^^What's laughable?....care to share with us?

3 Likes

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by PapaBrowne(m): 1:39am On Mar 08, 2013
TINUBU: Mo gbe oooh. Se wahala. We are in trouble oh!This whole APC thing!
Kosi bombing anymore. Foreign reserves are up. Commission power laro, commission airport oru! Commission road today, commission train tomorrow!

TINUBU: Aburo Fashola,this is a problem oooh. We didn't see all this coming oh.

FASHOLA: Egbon Tinubu, ma worry. It won't last. Put me and the old cattle rearer(Buhari) on the ticket and we will use Hausa and Yoruba votes to get to Aso Rock.

TINUBU: Ewo, with all these commisionings going on? Ha! E je ka call the Fisherman and apologise ni oh. Aside's, you and which old man? YOU think say me I know like Aso Rock ni?? Wake up from your dream oh!!

39 Likes

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by PapaBrowne(m): 1:47am On Mar 08, 2013
There is trouble in the air. Some people will piss everyday in their panties because of these commissionings.

Jonathan's projects are coming on stream in droves and the haters are scampering for safety in wonderment.

Thier fear understandable. If Jonathan performs excellently, their hopes would be dashed. They want Nigeria to baraje and pafuka under Jonathan so they can lay claim to power. If he makes Nigeria great, there will be sadness in their hearts and homes!

For them, the saddest part is the fact that the daily bombings have vanished. "Why can't Boko Haram just keep bombing till 2015", they retort in thier hearts!

I'm glad to see the commisionings of these projects. That is an airport I use frequently. To think that the road to Lagos and the Airports in both Benin and Lagos are been revamped. To think that 11 other airports would also be commisioned. To think that they would build 5 new world class terminals. To think that all these are happening within such a short period(less than 2 years) just gives you even more hope!!

I am happy!! In the Nigeria I knew previously, things like these take decades or never come to fruition!! Today things are changing!

34 Likes

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by Everest9(m): 2:03am On Mar 08, 2013
good move
Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:47am On Mar 08, 2013
@PapaBrown:

Also, don't forget the railway line planned to link the east via Benin to the west; so you have 3 options to choose from to travel from Benin to Lagos.......winches and wizards (AKA: GEJ haters) have a 4th option of using their broomsticks!

20 Likes

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by koruji(m): 3:04am On Mar 08, 2013
Before you guys kill yourself bragging about "commissioning" these terminals can we see the BEFORE & AFTER.
That is how Fashola does it, and it is especially important because GEJ commissioned the Enugu "Airport" when no aircraft could land mooons ago.
The FG is going around town selling dummy projects & stealing state govt. project.
The man promised airports in every state and is "commissioning" re-modeled terminals.
Yet the true sons of incompetence are here singing hallelujah.

[size=14pt]Before and after pictures from those who know, NOW!!![/size]

Incidentally, Mr. Maku was just in Benin and failed to provide us with a picture of this "gloriously" re-modeled terminal.

gramci: The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria will tomorrow commission the remodeled Benin Airport terminal in Benin City, Edo state.
The airport is the third to be commissioned among the 11 airports listed under the first phase of the Airport Remodelling Project.
The two already commissioned are the Murtala Muhammed Airport Domestic Terminal 1, on October 22, 2012 and the General Aviation Terminal of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja on January 21st, 2013.
The remaining eight airports under the first phase, that is Kano, Yola, Kaduna, Calabar, Enugu, Jos, Owerri and Port Harcourt, which are at various stages of completion,will soon be commissioned, FAAN said.
The second phase of the project involving the remaining 11 airports in the country is expected to commence by mid 2013.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/business/51974-benin-airport-for-commissioning-tomorrow

3 Likes

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by Ngwakwe: 3:16am On Mar 08, 2013
Things don dey better under GEJ presidency.

E be like say I go consider him for another 4years term, if he continues at this pace for infrastructural developments.

Fighting Corruption can wait for Buhari come 2027 after the next ........
Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by aljharem(m): 4:06am On Mar 08, 2013

very laughable, too many semi-illiterate in Nigeria
Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by PapaBrowne(m): 4:57am On Mar 08, 2013
koruji: Before you guys kill yourself bragging about "commissioning" these terminals can we see the BEFORE & AFTER.
That is how Fashola does it, and it is especially important because GEJ commissioned the Enugu "Airport" when no aircraft could land mooons ago.
The FG is going around town selling dummy projects & stealing state govt. project.
The man promised airports in every state and is "commissioning" re-modeled terminals.

Incidentally, Mr. Maku was just in Benin and failed to provide us with a picture of this "gloriously" re-modeled terminal.

Now it is before and after pictures they want to see!! Hehe,finally we are making progress!! That's a graduation!

So Fashola shows before and after pictures?? Thats interesting oh. We will copy him and do just that so as to cure your irreparable pessimism!

And please, I was asking on another thread why Fashola has failed to complete any major project in the 6 years since he became Governor. Even bad Governors like Uduaghan can boast of a completed airport. 6 years after, no new BRT lanes. 6 years after, the phase one of the light rail is less than 20% complete. 6 years after Lagos-Badagry Expressway- less than 10% complete. Lekki Epe Expressway(52km) is taking 10 years already. Lekki Free Trade Zone is empty. We used to hear of deep sea port, greenfield refinery and one airport like that they want to build in Lekki--- all of them na inside paper them dey! 6 years and $30 Billion after??

Aviation minister has been here for just 2 years and 11 airports are almost completely remodelled, with plans to complete another 11 and build 5 new terminals.

Some before and during pictures for you. I am sure the after would be provided after the commissioning.

BEFORE

DURING

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQel54kmTSq9Uhl9NhgP4KbctIRYIaCObLjTp7qLdGiW9WkhHiL[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-2LuNKa5K2uw/UI8X9nqt3vI/AAAAAAAAAMY/KfUzxbb-_W8/s400/new+murtala+mohammed+terminal.jpg[/img]

AFTER

I'm pretty sure we will see many "after" pictures today.

23 Likes

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by Nobody: 5:23am On Mar 08, 2013
Yes. This will be a very interesting year for airports. There are many more commissioning events on the way, as numerous airports are being rebuilt across the nation. cool

1 Like

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by otokx(m): 5:42am On Mar 08, 2013
Some of those pictures are from the Lagos airport, why the deceit? God is watching. The Benin railway line is kinda careless talk, buy would over look that. Uniport is still in darkness - 15 days.

1 Like

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by koruji(m): 5:53am On Mar 08, 2013
I know the name I could call you, but let's keep this civil smiley

1. Uduaghan completed airport? You mean the mole hill he cleared with N7.4 billion counts as "completing" an airport? This is exactly the kind of phony-project- selling I spoke about. Uduaghan Explains N7.4b Asaba Airport Expenditure

2. You never repent. Sometimes you talk fundamentals but mostly you just push the same deceit that GEJ is now well-known for. I remember you, PapaBrowne, was one of the guys who participated in the series of "Benin-Ore" road episode here on Nairaland:
====> PapaBrowne completed Benin-Ore road in April 2011: Benin Ore Road Has Been Fixed!(Some pictures)
====> Benin-Ore road "fixed" by one of the 40 laptops: Dec. 26 2012 (almost 2years later!!!): Progress On Benin-ore Road
====> Meanwhile, Mr. Transformation must not have heard that the Benin-Ore road was completed in April 2011, and was making progress in Dec. 2012 because he just approved its completion in 2015 FEC approves completion of Benin-Ore Road

3. The front of the Benin airport is now different, but you posted "during" photos of the inside but not before. How do we tell Before & After. Still waiting for the After. It is likely that the "during" photo is actually the way things are right now - though it is being commissioned here on NL. Let's see more pictures. I would also like to know if this remodeling is increasing the capacity of the airport to handle traffic in anyway.

4. You are obviously living under a rock to not know about the 100s of major projects Fashola has completed in Lagos. You talk about the Lekki expressway as if that road had not being completed and already in operation. Can you spell the first suspension bridge in West Africa? Just to name a couple that put re-modeling of "terminals" to shame.

Go back to the time before GEJ became president to my optimism that the man really has what it takes to transform Nigeria - although my ultimate recommendation was to vote for Ribadu.

GEJ's very first action, and dozens since then, have showed quite clearly that he is not only a run-of-the-mill politician, but the worst of the worst.

Go on, hang your art on remodeling 11 already standing structures. That's like completing 11 primary school blocks. Go to Lagos and find out how many classrooms and schools Fashola has put in place in the last few years!

If I know GEJ and his ministers, save a few, these re-modeling ruse is a way to get some quick personal cash through "legitimate" means - the contractors handling these are circling back to the aviation minister is what I am saying or in Naija parlance the 10% harvest (which these days is probably more like 90%).

Nevertheless, it is good to make the airports more useful if that is what is going on here, kudos also if the Omotosho Power Plant is now completed. This is what I like to hear. I will never trust GEJ's claims without concrete evidence. But at this point there is really not much he can do, except Transform his own self, that would recommend him for a second term.

So Fashola shows before and after pictures?? Thats interesting oh. We will copy him and do just that so as to cure your irreparable pessimism!

And please, I was asking on another thread why Fashola has failed to complete any major project in the 6 years since he became Governor. Even bad Governors like Uduaghan can boast of a completed airport. 6 years after, no new BRT lanes. 6 years after, the phase one of the light rail is less than 20% complete. 6 years after Lagos-Badagry Expressway- less than 10% complete. Lekki Epe Expressway(52km) is taking 10 years already. Lekki Free Trade Zone is empty. We used to hear of deep sea port, greenfield refinery and one airport like that they want to build in Lekki--- all of them na inside paper them dey! 6 years and $30 Billion after??

Aviation minister has been here for just 2 years and 11 airports are almost completely remodelled, with plans to complete another 11 and build 5 new terminals.

Some before and during pictures for you. I am sure the after would be provided after the commissioning.

I'm pretty sure we will see many "after" pictures today.

5 Likes

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by koruji(m): 5:55am On Mar 08, 2013
Thank you.
This is how PapaBrowne & the other 40 laptops pull Rabbits out of GEJ's hat on NL.
See my previous post for more evidence.

otokx: Some of those pictures are from the Lagos airport, why the deceit? God is watching. The Benin railway line is kinda careless talk, buy would over look that. Uniport is still in darkness - 15 days.
Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by pcnwamadi(m): 5:58am On Mar 08, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:
@PapaBrown:

Also, don't forget the railway line planned to link the east via Benin to the west; so you have 3 options to choose from to travel from Benin to Lagos.......winches and wizards (AKA: GEJ haters) have a 4th option of using their broomsticks!
Hahahahaha, I luv dis comment like mad.. Dem go die finish, all GEJ haters.. Murafuckas
Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by pcnwamadi(m): 6:02am On Mar 08, 2013
koruji: Before you guys kill yourself bragging about "commissioning" these terminals can we see the BEFORE & AFTER.

Dis has realy shown me u are actualy dumb and not tinkin wit ur brains but ur anus. How can Federal govt steal state govt projects? Pls were did u emanate from?

8 Likes

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by dayokanu(m): 6:13am On Mar 08, 2013
The same papabrowne who was feeding us about Medical schools?

The same Papabrowne who gave us the spin and sell about Benin Ore road?

We dont believe you , you need more people

1 Like

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by musiwa10: 6:33am On Mar 08, 2013
Y

1 Like

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by koruji(m): 6:38am On Mar 08, 2013
You are either faking or just unaware of how low the agents of GEJ are stooping. They have openly claimed at least two state, specifically ACN govs., projects for the FG. I can help you find it here on NL but I have a feeling u already know.

pcnwamadi:
Dis has realy shown me u are actualy dumb and not tinkin wit ur brains but ur anus. How can Federal govt steal state govt projects? Pls were did u emanate from?
Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by gramci: 6:45am On Mar 08, 2013
musiwa10: Bendle, Una don suffer, them catch una mugu.. with the shout of south south. una be really mugu.. correct mugu, Original mugu. do the maths...

here is the Mathematics of 6 zones..

North got 5

Kano, abuja, Yola, Kaduna, Jos,

East got 4

Enugu , Owerri and Port Harcourt, Benin Airport

West got 2

Lagos, Benin.

Mumusiwa benin appeared under west and east cheesy

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by musiwa10: 6:55am On Mar 08, 2013
F

1 Like

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by karlmax2: 6:58am On Mar 08, 2013
otokx: Some of those pictures are from the Lagos airport, why the deceit? God is watching. The Benin railway line is kinda careless talk, buy would over look that. Uniport is still in darkness - 15 days.
which lagos airport oga get ur facts right that's benin airport just say ur suprised cause ur one of those who see no Good in GEJ. If u come see the new lagos airport nko wetin u go come call am?

1 Like

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by musiwa10: 6:59am On Mar 08, 2013
G

1 Like

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by musiwa10: 7:01am On Mar 08, 2013
F

1 Like

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by musiwa10: 7:28am On Mar 08, 2013
F
Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by gramci: 8:00am On Mar 08, 2013
The mumusiwa I know is a racist

3 Likes

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 08, 2013
Earlier in the year, 2013 was declared a year of harvest for the Jonathan's administration. So far, those who have kept faith with this govt have not been disappointed. Projects are being completed on a daily basis.

While intelligent haters have decided to stay away for now or waka pass some of these threads, the foolish ones are still loitering around, asking silly questions like "before and after pictures". They'll soon begin to ask for satellite pictures of projects. Such silly and ridiculous questions, emanating from confused persons, are BEST IGNORED.

9 Likes

Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by musiwa10: 8:56am On Mar 08, 2013
F
Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by OluEmmaAss: 9:26am On Mar 08, 2013
All these nonsense projects that have no impact on the people. Who needs an airport when the roads are bad, when the masses languish in poverty and weeks of blackout. Warped minds!
Re: Benin Airport For Commissioning Tomorrow by dridowu: 9:28am On Mar 08, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N29bn Fraud: Court Grants Nyako’s Request To Travel Abroad / We Have No Refugees In Benin Republic – Ogun Govt / Senate: Adamu, Kyari, Nasiha’s Seats Still Vacant 9 Months After Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.