Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? (3487 Views)

How I Got Married At The Age Of 35!!! / My Aunt Married At 39 / CONFESSION: How I Had My First Sex At 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by giddy(m): 10:12am On May 06, 2006
I have a friend who wants to get married at the age of 21. He is really fulfilled and successful in all respect.

What advice do I give to him? Is it really too early? Shouldn't he wait and become more mature?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by curiousNja(f): 10:24am On May 06, 2006
Many people have made the mistake of marrying too early and then growing up later and discovering that they are at a different place. Then they don't want the person they are with anymore and this leads to divorce. They have to carry this "stigma" with them at a very young age that they have been married before. Mind you, I don't judge people on that, but some ppl have a problem with that. I have met young men that are already divorced by age 25. He shouldnt make the same mistake.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by eveseh(f): 11:28am On May 06, 2006
is not wrong,but if he's really ready
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by Priscila(f): 11:30am On May 06, 2006
One thing we forget is that we spend most our life married. So why the rush?
You will live with that woman for 80 years
Let him take his time.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:40pm On May 06, 2006
i think he should take his time why the rush?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by Badman888(m): 2:05pm On May 07, 2006
I think even if he is settled he should just chill abit until 24 or 25 before anything
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by dominobaby(f): 2:16pm On May 07, 2006
21 is way too young. 'Marry in haste, repent in leisure' they say. He may have it all going but i tel u he aint seen nothing yet. 27 is stil o.k 4 a guy. Let him chill a lil longer.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by chinani(f): 7:20pm On May 07, 2006
It is not wrong. To me, it is better than running around w/ lots of girls at 21. But this man should look deep & study himself. He should be mature about the biz. For example, he might be mature enough to marry but not ready to share his life (or wife) with children. He might still want to travel with friends (sans wife). He should look w/in and ask Will I tire of this woman at 28? Or will I resent her for my lack of "experience" at 30? If a fine young Jezebel comes my direction, how will I react? He should also try and understand the lady. For instance, Does she want to continue school? What are her life goals? Does this fit in w/ my life goals? Compatibility is a huge issue. When people warn against marrying early the are truly saying, "WAIT b/c you may not be compatible in 5 years" and this is true. But it's also true that a couple who marries at 25 or 35 may not be compatible in 5 years. This is the risk of marriage. It's the reason why people like Oprah & George Clooney still aren't marry and don't plan to marry ever. A person who wants/plans to marry must face this fear/risk and be brave but wise and prudent.

I have a friend who's parents married at 18. They were poor but the worked and put themselves t/o school. They saved money & came to America (from Ireland) and the father is big lawyer now (I don't remember what the mother does). But they knew themselves well well and did not have their 1st child (my friend) until they were both 30! That's 12 years after they married! This is the type of maturity I am talking about. But they are still married to this day and happy from what anyone can tell. If both parties are mature and committed then it should work.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by kimba(m): 4:26pm On May 08, 2006
@CuriousNja
I have met young men that are already divorced by age 25
Serious?

how many years of marriage?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by akani(m): 1:21pm On May 10, 2006
Aba! too early now.Its not wrong,but i would advice him to wait for sometime this is to ensure he has undergo some basic foundermental aspect of life and have the deeper knowledge and experience on what he is trying to engage himself in.Though we are in jet age, all the impossiblites in the recent time are now putting into practice so no amazing story in it.but it only that such practice being experincing now r not yeilding good result.hence its better to "LOOK BEFORE HE LEAP".
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by glodave(f): 4:59pm On May 11, 2006
Age is jt a number, bt maturity is from the brain, kiss kiss
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by iykedee: 11:36am On Nov 07, 2007
I would like to ask how old the girl he wants to marry is and how long they dated. 21 is kinda young and from all indication, he is from a well-off family to be thinking of marriage now. U sure she isn't after the material things? and are u sure u not just after the seemingly good romance. If u answer these questions, then u'll see 21 is too young to get married. After all, how many elections have u voted in?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by tonia2000(f): 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2007
Its not wrong in anyway, as long as there is love, maturity and achievements.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by Johnchelse(m): 5:19pm On Nov 07, 2007
To my own point of view, i strongly believe that age has nothing to do with maturity, U can be as old as an Iroko tree without having the etiquette of maturity.
The questions needed to be answered and submitted by him are:
1. Can i manage my home (Not with the power of money) but, with unsecede understanding and matured heart?
2. Am i ripe to become a responsible man?
3. Am i intelligent enough to passionately challenge the societal behaviour with the mode of self discipline?
4. Can i be a father?
If he can answer all these questions sweatlessly, then, he can go ahead.
Many people we want to challenge the last question i introduced above by saying everybody can be a father in as much as he can cope with the responsibilities of the child and the mother. But, they are totally wrong. "To see wht is in front of one's nose requires a constant struggle" (George Orwell),
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by Busta(f): 5:26pm On Nov 07, 2007
@topic

- as long as he knows what he is doing
- he won't go running back to mum and dad
- he's set up in life and ready for the marriage in all aspect especially, financially.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by chiboyz(m): 5:30pm On Nov 07, 2007
maturity is a state of mind of which one attains through accumulation of life experiences. I do not think that at the age of 21 that he would have gathered enough life experience and the emotional strength to deal with the ups and downs that come with marriage.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by MoOdYLaDy(f): 3:25am On Nov 08, 2007

No i see nothing wrong in getting married at that age, if his ready to face the responsibility then let him go ahead, and remember to tell him no turning back, after the deed has been done.

Getting married as always been most people dreams since when they were little, but make sure you are getting marry for the right reasons, it's like a lifetime commitment, i do not support divorce, so plz think about it before you make decision so you don’t regret it later on down the line.

I believe getting married is beautiful, if you wed the right person and not for their money or popularity
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by simplysmat(m): 3:38pm On Mar 26, 2009
Nothing do the guy.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 26, 2009
I don't know for others, but I wouldn't marry a 21 yr old boy
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by Hollysmile: 6:13pm On Mar 26, 2009
De guy financial JUNGLE DON MATURE. But im no know wetin dey marriage, Probably, he thinks marriage is like an ordinary relationship. Him go learn in de hard way after like 5yrs.
I have no advice for him, oh!
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by Enockia(m): 7:01pm On Mar 26, 2009
well its the same as askin if it is right to get married at 41
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 26, 2009
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by bluespice(f): 8:20pm On Mar 26, 2009
np one wants to marry a boy

'tleast not me
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by vanitty: 8:34pm On Mar 26, 2009
21  is way too young
I definately won't want my brother marrying that young no matter how matured he is. Experience they say is the best teacher and honestly what experience can a 21 year old have.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by johnnygan(m): 9:28pm On Mar 26, 2009
The boy can go ahead if he has his dough.
Even a boy can marry at 17, i see no wrong and the exception is his maturity. There could be a divorce before the end of the first YR of marraige.
Well he can re-marry over and over again till he gets wise grin
Let him spend oh
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by oluwafemi113(m): 9:55pm On Mar 26, 2009
Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21?
ha ba 21yrs too small
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 26, 2009
Don't think it is wrong, but he must be well and settled in many areas, many many many areas.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by 190: 11:29pm On Mar 26, 2009
its been said that d guy is 21yrs abi
meanin d babe shud b abt 17-19yrs
now look at dat combination
are they tryin 2 get in2 guiness book of records
or somtin,
dats probably d mst stupid tin i have heard
of sins d time of our forefathers!
wen they sold people for mirror grin
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by spoilt(f): 11:55pm On Mar 26, 2009
Tell your guy that 'spoilt' said "wait". grin
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by Enockia(m): 9:55am On Mar 27, 2009
well marring at 21 is cool but not wise. Guy where u de rush go?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by gentlegg(m): 10:59am On Mar 27, 2009
Though 21 sounds a bit too early but it doesn't reaaly matter.

My brother-in-law was born in 1981 but married in 2003 ie 22yrs. But since I came into the family in 2005 I've not heard of any form of rift/problem/quarrel in his marriage, infact they're blessed with 3 kids now. WHILE the eldest brother married at the age of 30 but I've heard so many fighting btw them, the last time I heard they fought, the wife broke his head with her shoe and ran away.

You see age doesn't really matter. I married at 27 but i still wish I had married earlier.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Get Married At 21? by romsky: 11:19am On Mar 27, 2009
age doesnt really matter in marriage but maturity

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Confessions got me in trouble::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / SHOCKING: How Niyi Sold His Semen For N10k To 2 Unilag Girls. / Please Advise Me , I Want To Backout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.