Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno (2462 Views)

Buhari Talks Tough: Saraki Angry, Oyegun & Dogara Smile At APC NEC Meeting (Pics / 2015 POLLS: Jonathan Talks Tough / Nigeria Talks Tough, Warns South Africa Over Seized $5.7 Million Arms money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 08, 2013
** Says No To Calls For Withdrawal of JTF

** Tells Borno Elders To Stop Playing To The Gallery And Condemn Boko Haram

President Goodluck Jonathan a few minutes ago said categorical NO to requests for withdrawal of JTF from the streets of Borno. The president made the proclamation during a town hall meeting in Maiduguri, Borno state.

Some Borno elders had on several occasions requested for withdrawal of JTF from Borno, claiming the solders hinder movement and engage in torture and extra-judicial killing of innocent citizens.

Speaking during the town hall meeting today, some Borno elders, including party leaders pleaded with the president to pull the solders out of Borno. Some spoke in tones that gives an impression of celebration of killing of solders by Boko Haram.

In response, the president accused the elders of playing to the gallery. He said the govt is not happy spending funds that ought to be used for developmental purposes to pay daily allowances of solders on the streets of Borno. But that it is a necessity to ensure protection of lives and property, declaring that JTF will not stay a day longer than necessary.

The president however challenged the elders that if they could sign an agreement with him today to take responsibility for lose of any life, he would pull out the JTF immediately.

The president also blasted the people for what appeared like celebration of the death of some solders in Borno. He said the solders are human beings with families and they go through lots of inconveniences to ensure the safety of all. He declared that his govt will go to any lenght to ensure the safety of solders serving in any part of the country. The president admonished the people of Borno to condemn the activities of Boko Haram and work with the security agencies to restore peace in the state.

On a lighter note, the president called the late leader of Boko Haram, Mohammad Yusuf, a friend of the former governor of Borno state, Ali Modu Sheriff. The president while trying to recall the name of Muhammed Yusuf, said "emmm! Ali Modu Sheriff's friend". The hall erupted in laughter.
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 08, 2013
Methinks our President is finally developing some balls.
That's what we need. Kudos
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by saintohia: 12:49pm On Mar 08, 2013

Correct, he should prove that he's the President.

GEJ, stop pampering them, nothing would happen that's new under the sun.

Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Standing5(m): 1:04pm On Mar 08, 2013
Talks tough Did he touch the ground before touching his tongue and raising his finger to God or he just stood there as usual and blow grammar. I will suggest he starts acting tough on his fellow disgruntled BH members.
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Pk001(m): 1:07pm On Mar 08, 2013
Correct Mr President!! No more pampering. Speak the truth as it is.
Those so called elders are agents.
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by grafikii: 1:10pm On Mar 08, 2013
Yeah talk tough, slap like 3 of them, come back in 2015 to beg them for their vote. Have you addressed the issue of soldiers molesting innocent citizens
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by oddy4real(m): 1:12pm On Mar 08, 2013
grafikii: Yeah talk tough, slap like 3 of them, come back in 2015 to beg them for their vote. Have you addressed the issue of soldiers molesting innocent citizens
And your point is?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Valto(m): 1:15pm On Mar 08, 2013
GEJ now talking like the kind of president i wished and voted for.... no to bokoharamite islamabad northern elders lipsrsealed
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by oluwadare26(m): 1:24pm On Mar 08, 2013
If he Like, he shud talk tough and rough, all i know is dat hes the Dumbest, Stupi.d, Slowest and Darkish President Nigeria ever had...

Click "like" if you want him Out of Office come 2013

13 Likes

Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Mcdondayan: 1:26pm On Mar 08, 2013
My President
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Akshow: 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2013
Toothless bull dog! Bark is all he can. Na today e don de talk tough? Abegi
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by grafikii: 2:22pm On Mar 08, 2013
oddy4real:
And your point is?
Gej should address the issues not play bully on those he swore to protect
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by KokoBeware: 2:27pm On Mar 08, 2013
oluwadare26: If he Like, he shud talk tough and rough, all i know is dat hes the Dumbest, Stupi.d, Slowest and Darkish President Nigeria ever had...

Where is the "Dislike" button wen u need it

10 Likes

Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
Mheeeen.. Jonathan tibinu lipsrsealed
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Joeadamu86: 4:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
Kudos to the GEJ he was really Presidential in His approach to issues..
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by IleIfe2(m): 5:08pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ok, Oga has started seeing himself as Oga. Phew!!
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by gramci: 5:12pm On Mar 08, 2013
Withdraw soldiers? They must be mad
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Pataki: 5:12pm On Mar 08, 2013
Last year, our doofus president told us Boko Haram would be no more by the end of June 2012. Fast forward to our present day in 2013>>>>>>>>>>> Today is not the first time, this foolish drunkard would be foolishly interpreted as talking tough.

Retardeen, your time is nearly up.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Igwe9(m): 5:22pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hopefully one day, people will come to realise how blessed or cursed they were for having GEJ as a President. cool
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by OmoTier1(m): 5:38pm On Mar 08, 2013
Nah today yansh dey back undecided Abeg eyi.. Talk tough, talk kinkin ..Mr GEJ... Two rounds ..huh
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 08, 2013
Double post 1
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 08, 2013
Double post
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 08, 2013
Igwe.:

I won't tolerate killings of security agents again-Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan on Friday warned that his administration would no longer tolerate a situation where security operatives are killed at will in any part of the country.

He also vowed not to withdraw soldiers attached to the Joint TaskForce deployed in troubled parts of the country until normalcy returns to the affected areas.

Jonathan spoke at a town hall meeting 爄n Maiduguri as he concluded his working visit to Borno State which has remained in the centre of activities of members of the fundamental Islamic sect, Boko Haram, that have been responsible for bombing campaigns in the northern part of the country.

He said, “I cannot preside over this country as a president and security officers are killed. These people leave their families, stay onthe road and the bush so that we will sleep and I will not want to hear that one of them is killed.

“So nobody should make an analogy that one soldier killed. Wehave admonished the soldiers not to kill innocent civilians but we will not allow and I will not celebrate the death of one security officer anywhere in this country whether it is in Bayelsa State, whether it is in Niger Delta, whether it is in Anambra State, whether it is in the South East, whether it is the South West, whether it is in North West, whether it is in North Central, anywhere. We will not, and I repeat, we will not accommodate it.”

Jonathan took a swipe at some politicians in the state whom he accused of playing to the gallery on the issue of insecurity in the state.
http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/i-wont-tolerate-killings-of-security-agents-again-jonathan/ cool
I produced this same report on this thread like 10minutes after Mr president made those statements, at time no other media organisation anywhere in the world, had the reports. Rather than SHINE with the report, the moderators, with their corrupt and vengeful heart, would rather do a dis-service to themselves and NL.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by vedaxcool(m): 6:24pm On Mar 08, 2013
Wow the same idio.t that explained away MEND attacking Nigerians on oct. 1 is now talking tuff? The same illiterate that condemn OBJ for wiping off odi with soldiers is the same person who prefers metting the same treatment to Bornu resident, all because they happen to be people who do not speak his language! this sort of president remains an eternal disgrace only capable of "acting" when his immediate and remote interest do not suffer, Bornu citizens suffer a great deal from indiscriminate killing and collective punishment by soldiers yet the President rather than speak like a leader cowardly insist such treatment will continue. Nigerian leaders keep showing how empty headed they are as usual, rather than focus on how right or wrong an action is, they prefer seeing how ijaw or not the people involved are! Once again APC showed to Jonathan how leaders are, APC showed solidarity rather than "tuffness", APC showed that Bornu is not a Northern problem but a Nigerian problem! May God deliver us from the party where nest of killers dwell! Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by genxris: 6:36pm On Mar 08, 2013
oluwadare26: If he Like, he shud talk tough and rough, all i know is dat hes the Dumbest, Stupi.d, Slowest and Darkish President Nigeria ever had...

Keep waiting for Jonathan to marry a wife for u and help u to impregnate her then u can call him fast and smart.
U are just a lazy noise maker
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Meritbaba(m): 6:40pm On Mar 08, 2013
Qudos to Mr. President but that won't stop me from voting APC come 2015
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by lagcity(m): 6:40pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ya whatever, president of book haram Is talking tough. Mr. president, bokoharam is under your table. PDP=bOKO hARAM.
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by dayokanu(m): 6:52pm On Mar 08, 2013
Can Retardeen do anything to his PDP brothers sponsoring terrorism

The same retardeen that turned himself into a MEND spokesperson
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I produced this same report on this thread like 10minutes after Mr president made those statements, at time no other media organisation anywhere in the world, had the reports. Rather than SHINE with the report, the moderators, with their corrupt and vengeful heart, would rather do a dis-service to themselves and NL.
They've done it to me severally

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trekking Man: Hasheem Who Is Trekking For The Hope Of Nigeria, Now In Lapai / Different Names For Mumudu Buhari. / Why I’m Excited About My New Jobs – Okonjo-iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.