Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno (2461 Views)

Buhari Talks Tough: Saraki Angry, Oyegun & Dogara Smile At APC NEC Meeting (Pics / 2015 POLLS: Jonathan Talks Tough / Nigeria Talks Tough, Warns South Africa Over Seized $5.7 Million Arms money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
** Boko Haram: Jonathan Indicts Borno Elders

President Goodluck Jonathan on Friday lost his cool and descended on elders of Borno state over their insistence that the military Joint Task Force (JTF) be withdrawn from the state, following allegation of atrocities committed by the soldiers in revenge of the killingof their members.

Enraged with palpable anger, Jonathan specifically indicted the Borno elders over, saying they are responsible for the escalation of terrorist attacks at the time such attacks were reducing in other states like Gombe, Kano, Bauchi and Yobe which were also worst hit by the insurgence.

"If elders in Borno state cannot talk to members of Boko Haram, their destructive activities would not reduce and nobody would bring such activities down", the president stated vehemently, even as he reminded the elders that it was the circumstances prevailing in the state as well as the sophisticated weapons used by the insurgents that informed the deployment of the JTF to the state.

The elders at a Town Hall meeting in Borno Government House, marking the two day visit to the state and Yobe, had insisted that it was time the JTF left the the state. They include former Vice Chancellor of the University of Maiduguri, Prof. Nura Alkali; elder statesman, Shettima Ali Monguno and the state chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Baba Basharu.

They unanimously contended that there was no alternative to dialogue between the federal government and Boko Haram.

The elders reminded the president that his late boss, President Umaru Musa Yar'adua had granted pardon to the Niger Delta militants before dialogue began between them and the government, just as they queried why similar measure cannot be taken in the case of the Boko Haram.

But Jonathan who challenged them to enter into an agreement with him that the safety of lives and property would be guaranteed if they actually wanted him to order the withdrawal of JTF, warned sternly that if, after this pact, one person in the state was killed again, he would hold the elders responsible.

He said, "Myself and any head of the security agencies do not want to pay one day allowance to anybody. We need that money to other important things that will change the economy of this country. We need that money to fund agriculture and to create wealth across this country including Borno State. We are not happy to be spending so much money in the Niger Delta keeping JTF there. We are not happy to be spending so much money keeping JTF in Borno State and other places. Definitely, we are not. The earlier the better

"In fact, if the elders agree now to come and sign agreement with me that I should move out all the JTF but if anybody dies in Borno State, I will hold them responsible, I will sign and I willmove and I will do it. But don't go to court and ask one court to come and remove you.

"If somebody dies, yes, I will take you. I am going to remove the JTF but come and sign that I will remove the JTF and guarantee the safety of life and property of individuals. When you do that today, today, as I am going, the JTF will start moving to their barracks. But you must guarantee, if anything happens to anybody that you must be held responsible".

"The conclusion is that there are too many bunkers in Maiduguri or in Borno State. Why should the bunkers come? Who wants send bunkers to Borno State. There are too many APCs. Why should there be APCs in Borno State? Who want to send APCs to Borno State?
"You are talking about soldiers. There are some people who areeven saying that the JTF should move out. Who wants to spend money paying allowances of soldiers? For God sake, we needmoney for development. If the circumstances that brought the soldiers are no longer there, that day, they will all leave. That day, they will all leave.

"Let me be very frank because the analogy that oh, when one soldier is killed the soldiers come and kill scores of people; we have always been admonishing that. We always tell the soldiers to conduct themselves because they are doing internal security job that ordinarily soldiers are suppose not to be involved in but because of the calibre of weapons the militants are using, the police alone cannot stand.

"And government will never sit down quietly and wait for insurgents, for some people to take up arms and take a part of this country. Never. Whether it isin the Niger Delta, and I have been giving the directive to security services, I don't want tohear that one soldier is killed in the Niger Delta, I don't want to hear that one security officer is killed in the south east kidnapping, I don't want to hear that one soldier is killed in Borno State or any part of this country

"I cannot preside over this country as a president and my security officers are killed. This people leave their families, stay on the roads and the bush so that we will sleep and I will not want to hear that one of them is killed"
A
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 08, 2013
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 08, 2013
sheyie2007:
They've done it to me severally
Double post
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 08, 2013
sheyie2007:
They've done it to me severally
Its very unfortunate
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Afam4evaIsASlut: 7:46pm On Mar 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

The president however challenged the elders that if they could sign an agreement with him today to take responsibility for lose of any life, he would pull out the JTF immediately.

Lmaooo Who is this clown in charge of Nigeria?

SMH You guys are finished.
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by PapaBrowne(m): 7:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
Pataki: Last year, our doofus president told us Boko Haram would be no more by the end of June 2012. Fast forward to our present day in 2013>>>>>>>>>>> Today is not the first time, this foolish drunkard would be foolishly interpreted as talking tough.

Retardeen, your time is nearly up.

Pretty obvious you are one of them folks that love it when you watch CNN and hear there was a bomb blast. There's been only one blast this year and I know you aren't happy at the improved security scenario. You desperately want Boko Haram to continue bombing till 2015.
But sorry, they've been spent out and thier numbers have dwindled. There are no more bombs and the security situation has improved.
For many families that lived in fear, that is good news. For many GEJ haters, that is bad news.
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Pataki: 8:09pm On Mar 08, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Pretty obvious you are one of them folks that love it when you watch CNN and hear there was a bomb blast. There's been only one blast this year and I know you aren't happy at the improved security scenario. You desperately want Boko Haram to continue bombing till 2015.
But sorry, they've been spent out and thier numbers have dwindled. There are no more bombs and the security situation has improved.
For many families that lived in fear, that is good news. For many GEJ haters, that is bad news.

People like you make laugh. Security has improved? Why not move you and your family to Borno? So easy for you pathetic lot to keep preaching profanities and fanciful stupidity all in the name of marketing the retardeen to Nigeria and Nigerians.

Please spare me the baloney.
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by PapaBrowne(m): 8:11pm On Mar 08, 2013
Pataki:

People like you make laugh. Security has improved? Why not move you and your family to Borno? So easy for you pathetic lot to keep preaching profanities and fanciful stupidity all in the name of marketing the retardeen to Nigeria and Nigerians.

Please spare me the baloney.

Just one question for you my friend Pataki. Have the bombings reduced considerably compared to 2012?? JUST ANSWER YES OR NO?
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
we are finally getting somewhere
long live mr president
long live nigeria!
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Pataki: 8:21pm On Mar 08, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Just one question for you my friend Pataki. Have the bombings reduced considerably compared to 2012?? JUST ANSWER YES OR NO?

PapaBrowne......you are more matured in reasoning than this nonsense please.

It is not about reduction but rather eradication. 10 bombs may go off in a day without killing any lives. Whereas a single bomb might be detonated that would destroy 100 of lives. So which one is more deadly?

We should be talking about eradication rather than reduction.
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by genxris: 8:30pm On Mar 08, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

If u had watched mr president's interactive discussion with the bronue people today on t.v , I am convinced u won't say what u just wrote now. He said it in a manner in which everyone watching it understood clearly but u who had to rely on nairaland for all ur news is here calling a man that u can't beat in his achievement in life a clown!!
Smh! May hatred depart from ur young life dude
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by dougivilla(m): 8:38pm On Mar 08, 2013
grafikii: Yeah talk tough, slap like 3 of them, come back in 2015 to beg them for their vote. Have you addressed the issue of soldiers molesting innocent citizens
are the pockets of indiscretion so to say more destructive than this regular bombing by the Children of these elders. Shameless elders that cannot call their wards to order or even courageously condemn their activities. What have they coontributed to bring the bombings to an end? They should either sign the undertaking or forever remain silent. Yeye elders!
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by dougivilla(m): 8:47pm On Mar 08, 2013
Pataki:

PapaBrowne......you are more matured in reasoning than this nonsense please.

It is not about reduction but rather eradication. 10 bombs may go off in a day without killing any lives. Whereas a single bomb might be detonated that would destroy 100 of lives. So which one is more deadly?

We should be talking about eradication rather than reduction.
wise one, for terror activities, u talk of containment and reduction u hear?. U think say terrorism na hunger or poverty? just answer the simple question!
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by olufunmibi(m): 8:49pm On Mar 08, 2013
Well, in as much as I'm aware there are a swam of GEJ apologists and PDP PR pundits on Nairaland, I will still not hesitate to tell you the truth. This Yobe/Borno trip that your Principal Goodluck Jonathan embarked on is a "Copy Cat" infantile endeavour that borders on the brink of lack of innovation and making jest of himself.The people of Borno have witnessed two visits of different leaders in Government and they could tell who among the two groups care and who is just playing to the Gallery. I know this time around, Jonathan's handlers tried to give him some presidential packaging, but it is what it is!Mr President's visit was 13 months late and he has lost serious political points. This his visit is just a "me too" arrogant and insecure political grandstanding. Patience Jonathan should have represented him, at least, there would have been a hue of entertainment to the whole endeavour and people won't be venting their anger by now but laughing their hearts out on the motherly GRAMMATICAL lessons madam would have given to the BOKO HARAM in their absence, because when Patience talks, even Boko Haram look at their stacks of Bombs to check whether they should have improvised better versions!
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by oddy4real(m): 9:07pm On Mar 08, 2013
olufunmibi: Well, in as much as I'm aware there are a swam of GEJ apologists and PDP PR pundits on Nairaland, I will still not hesitate to tell you the truth. This Yobe/Borno trip that your Principal Goodluck Jonathan embarked on is a "Copy Cat" infantile endeavour that borders on the brink of lack of innovation and making jest of himself.The people of Borno have witnessed two visits of different leaders in Government and they could tell who among the two groups care and who is just playing to the Gallery. I know this time around, Jonathan's handlers tried to give him some presidential packaging, but it is what it is!Mr President's visit was 13 months late and he has lost serious political points. This his visit is just a "me too" arrogant and insecure political grandstanding. Patience Jonathan should have represented him, at least, there would have been a hue of entertainment to the whole endeavour and people won't be venting their anger by now but laughing their hearts out on the motherly GRAMMATICAL lessons madam would have given to the BOKO HARAM in their absence, because when Patience talks, even Boko Haram look at their stacks of Bombs to check whether they should have improvised better versions!
*yawwns*. Story story...
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by dougivilla(m): 9:20pm On Mar 08, 2013
olufunmibi: Well, in as much as I'm aware there are a swam of GEJ apologists and PDP PR pundits on Nairaland, I will still not hesitate to tell you the truth. This Yobe/Borno trip that your Principal Goodluck Jonathan embarked on is a "Copy Cat" infantile endeavour that borders on the brink of lack of innovation and making jest of himself.The people of Borno have witnessed two visits of different leaders in Government and they could tell who among the two groups care and who is just playing to the Gallery. I know this time around, Jonathan's handlers tried to give him some presidential packaging, but it is what it is!Mr President's visit was 13 months late and he has lost serious political points. This his visit is just a "me too" arrogant and insecure political grandstanding. Patience Jonathan should have represented him, at least, there would have been a hue of entertainment to the whole endeavour and people won't be venting their anger by now but laughing their hearts out on the motherly GRAMMATICAL lessons madam would have given to the BOKO HARAM in their absence, because when Patience talks, even Boko Haram look at their stacks of Bombs to check whether they should have improvised better versions!
You must be thinking u made some sense here, shey?
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by thelastPope(m): 9:44pm On Mar 08, 2013
Pataki:

Honour and respect to a thief and clueless buffoon? Son, stop eating cassava.

From the way you think and type on this forum, it is no brainer that you ain't different from President Retardeen.

You this traitor have come here again? Coward, bigot and traitor! Insulting a man because he is not from your tribe! Idiota! Why don't you insult your leaders who cannot better your life? Just because your tribesman is not in power and a minority tribe is in power, you are ranting here on NL. Bigot! All you people do is insult and rant. But you have no heart, no spine, no liver! Just a bunch of noise makers! Bigot!
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by dayokanu(m): 9:47pm On Mar 08, 2013
thelastPope:

You this traitor have come here again? Coward, bigot and traitor! Insulting a man because he is not from your tribe! Idiota! Why don't you insult your leaders who cannot better your life? Just because your tribesman is not in power and a minority tribe is in power, you are ranting here on NL. Bigot! All you people do is insult and rant. But you have no heart, no spine, no liver! Just a bunch of noise makers! Bigot!

Shut your stinking gob. How come you were not complaining when the same Pataki was insulting OBJ a man from his state. Now its because retardeen is not from his tribe.

Anuofia must you tribalise everything? When Gani, Soyinka, Falana, Tinubu were attacking OBJ day and night was it because OBJ was Kalabari?
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by bowtie(m): 9:48pm On Mar 08, 2013
y did pple like abusin our president.w need 2 b proud of wat w have.he is stil d president notin can change it excludin almighty God.when u curse him,did u tink it wil remember 2 do gud 2 d masses.let start prayin cuz wat is good need prayer and wat is bad need prayer also.is d work of every body not him alone.
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by dayokanu(m): 9:52pm On Mar 08, 2013
bowtie: y did pple like abusin our president.w need 2 b proud of wat w have.he is stil d president notin can change it excludin almighty God.when u curse him,did u tink it wil remember 2 do gud 2 d masses.let start prayin cuz wat is good need prayer and wat is bad need prayer also.is d work of every body not him alone.

Nobody is cursing or abusing Retardeen Jonathan here. Oya point to any abusive post?

If you call Usain Bolt-fast, Einstein-Smart, Soyinka-Learned and Retardeen Jonathan-Clueless, How is that equal to abuse?

They are just describe the standout attributes these individuals have
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Afam4evaIsASlut: 9:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
genxris:
If u had watched mr president's interactive discussion with the bronue people today on t.v , I am convinced u won't say what u just wrote now. He said it in a manner in which everyone watching it understood clearly but u who had to rely on nairaland for all ur news is here calling a man that u can't beat in his achievement in life a clown!!
Smh! May hatred depart from ur young life dude

A man whom you or any of your lineage will ever be privileged to meet except you see him on screen or when you wave your bony arms and clap like the hungry dolt you are while he drives by in his convoy of exotic cars. What is "achievement" to you? If in my presence I will best that semi-illiterate sounding clown in a debate, in any topic placed before both of us. Phd?! Phd these nuts! The problem with fools like you is you think achievements is only in terms of money accumulated. Its way more than that. But, youre too stup.id to recognize that.
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by tomakint: 9:54pm On Mar 08, 2013
The fact remains that Jonathan has proved his detractors wrong on many occasions and this is definitely going to endear him into the hearts of millions of neutral-minded prospective voters come 2015! He is the man of the moment ready and willing to take us there!
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by thelastPope(m): 10:00pm On Mar 08, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

You this common yahoo boy insulting the president of Nigeria. You have no home training! You should be flogged 24 strokes! You think by joining other bigots here, you are making some kind of sense or what?
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Pataki: 10:08pm On Mar 08, 2013
thelastPope:

@ thelastDoofus,

What is wrong with you? I am sure the circuits in your so-called head have gone south tonight. Traitor? You see this is why I call you a doofus. You use words far bigger than your comprehension. Olodo jati jati.

OBJ is a certified monkey. In case you missed my various insults directed at him before on this forum. I dislike oju-yobo of Lagos. Gbawe surely knows about that. Now tell me, who is Retardeen that he cannot be called out according to his foolishness?

You are a CERTIFIED DOOFUS!
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by thelastPope(m): 10:11pm On Mar 08, 2013
dayokanu:

Shut your stinking gob. How come you were not complaining when the same Pataki was insulting OBJ a man from his state. Now its because retardeen is not from his tribe.

Anuofia must you tribalise everything? When Gani, Soyinka, Falana, Tinubu were attacking OBJ day and night was it because OBJ was Kalabari?

You are a bigot! When have you ever insulted the stup1d Fashola or thieving Tinubu? Tell me! A stup1d bigot! Insulting a man because he is from a minority! Shame on you! Your time is up! Shame on you 100 times! Bigot! Coward! Traitor that can only rant on a public forum! All you people know is how to betray others. Your uncle has already collected money to go and defend the 83% oil block the north allocated themselves! Bigot!

Isnt it funny that 95% of those insulting GEJ are all from a section of the country? And they never insult their criminal leaders? Bigot!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by genxris: 10:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
Pataki:

Honour and respect to a thief and clueless buffoon? Son, stop eating cassava.

From the way you think and type on this forum, it is no brainer that you ain't different from President Retardeen.
I guess he stole your woman from u and I clap for u mr clueful and wise. But all your wisdom and ranting can only end in nairaland with that your cheap phone and bitter heart full of abuse.
I even doubt if u can stand to my face to say all these rubbish u are vomiting here. Your type will even shit in your pants at the sight of a man o war officer.
You can only pour out your hatred in a online forum
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by dougivilla(m): 10:16pm On Mar 08, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

A man whom you or any of your lineage will ever be privileged to meet except you see him on screen or when you wave your bony arms and clap like the hungry dolt you are while he drives by in his convoy of exotic cars. What is "achievement" to you? If in my presence I will best that semi-illiterate sounding clown in a debate, in any topic placed before both of us. Phd?! Phd these nuts! The problem with fools like you is you think achievements is only in terms of money accumulated. Its way more than that. But, youre too stup.id to recognize that.
How many debates have you ever one in this your miserable, hate regulated life? And what have you achieved? Apart from this your senseless rantings that cannot go beyond page 1 of this thread, what can your brainless head think out?
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by thelastPope(m): 10:18pm On Mar 08, 2013
genxris:
I guess he stole your woman from u and I clap for u mr clueful and wise. But all your wisdom and ranting can only end in nairaland with that your cheap phone and bitter heart full of abuse.
I even doubt if u can stand to my face to say all these rubbish u are vomiting here. Your type will even shit in your pants at the sight of a man o war officer.

Don't mind the bigot! Let him come spend 1 hour in the creeks let us see if his feeble fingers can type one more sentence! Traitors that have been selling us out since independence! Idiotas!
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by genxris: 10:27pm On Mar 08, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

I see your anger is because he has not given u money because I can't see anywere I first mentioned money as a achievement. Oga professor wey sabi every topic and can beat GEJ to it,I have to advice u to go get a life for yourself dude. What do u think u know.
Anyway talking is free and cheap but just mind what u vomit out of your black heart.
I think it is ok to call u the wisest and most brilliant president nigeria will never have.
Re: Breaking News: President Jonathan Talks Tough In Borno by Pataki: 10:30pm On Mar 08, 2013
genxris:

You are outstandingly DAFT! I am wiser than your PhD president.

In respect to the other gobbledygook you typed; son, I don't talk in retardeen language. You are most likely a primary school drop-out. I last read this kind of write-ups as yours in my primary school days.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Their President (G.E.J) So Much? / REVEALED: How I Made My Money, Fathered 30 Children - Atiku / RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.