Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach (34998 Views)

30 Years Old Man With A Rare Baby Face, Image / My Mom Is Missing / Mom Has Son Sign Agreement For iPhone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by shevon: 6:51pm On Mar 08, 2013

Mom-to-be Karen McMartin doesn’t have to wait for a sonogram to get an idea of what her child is going to look like.

The pregnant woman can see an outline of her baby on her burgeoning belly. She discovered the print on her tummy when she was just 25-weeks pregnant and some colleagues at her hair salon were making jokes about her protruding belly button.

The British citizen explained to The Sun about her unique baby bump:

“I was in the staff room on a break. We were actually having a laugh at my belly button sticking out and checking for baby movement.

“Then Karen who owns the salon came in and said, ‘Oh my God, I can see a face.’ She took a picture and we’ve been showing it to folk ever since.”

Twenty-five year old McMartin, who already has a daughter Chloe, 2, with her husband David, added: “No one can believe how clear it is. You can see a nose, mouth and eyes -- even the cheeks.”

Her boss Karen Monan, 45, who is the owner of the Kazmark salon in Irvine, Ayrshire, said: “Karen was lying back and I was having a feel of her bump.

“Then she lifted her head up and all of a sudden the shape of her tummy changed -- and this face just appeared.”

What everyone is seeing is not actually the face of McMartin’s unborn child, but an illusion. The Sun spoke to medical expert Dr. Carol Cooper who explained that the “face” was actually a trick that was caused by her swollen belly button, an old bellybutton piercing, veins and stretch marks.

She added: “The paler area that forms the ‘face’ may well be the baby’s back.”

Illusion or not, it still makes for a pretty cool picture.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/real_life/4830485/No-need-for-a-scan-as-pregnant-mum-has-babys-face-on-tummy.html
Source: http://cynthiaajibade..com/2013/03/bizarre-unborn-babys-face-showing.html?m=1
Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by Akshow: 6:55pm On Mar 08, 2013
Doesn't look real. That must be a monstrously big head if Its true

22 Likes

Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by remecy(f): 8:08pm On Mar 08, 2013
So how is the baby positioned? The legs should be coming out of her body with that pic? And that face looks 7yrs old.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by Fourcade(m): 9:21pm On Mar 08, 2013
Oh my God!...i can see the mouth!
na so baby mouth dey big reach undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 08, 2013
The villagers at work...

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by ezedolar: 9:21pm On Mar 08, 2013
End shall never wonder

4 Likes

Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by pstdre(m): 9:22pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hmmm....
Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by buccal(m): 9:22pm On Mar 08, 2013
You must be crazy.the size of that head is bigger than a new born baby.rubbish

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by mruknaijaboy(m): 9:23pm On Mar 08, 2013
thats impossible, if that was true that would mean the babys head is the size of a fully grown adults head, theres no way a new born babys head can be that size

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by DANILSA(m): 9:23pm On Mar 08, 2013
shocked Did you say a baby' s head? that head is about 30 years old

3 Likes

Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by Manred: 9:23pm On Mar 08, 2013
kai this face no look like baby face na
Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 08, 2013
olagbara o
Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 08, 2013
Dis is also am illusion on a woman tommy in warri

na wa ooooooo, which one be this one ?
Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by agohavivi(f): 9:24pm On Mar 08, 2013
Akshow: Doesn't look real. That must be a monstrously big head if Its true
Exactly.
Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by majour(m): 9:24pm On Mar 08, 2013
signs of END TIME
Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2013
How can a baby's head be that large ? undecided
Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by Nobody: 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ikpediarukevwe: The villagers at work...
u are complete weyrey. Haaba. Lmao
Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by Ekans: 9:26pm On Mar 08, 2013
Taa!,thats part of a horror movie i watched last week.Poster,why mis-informing people naa?.
Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by DDNICE: 9:26pm On Mar 08, 2013
Attention seeking mother to be
Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by huninaija(f): 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2013
the face come resemble Goodluck's own.. hopefully its all an illusion for the babies sake!
Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by donlyone(m): 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2013
Yeah if its the anti christ
Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by enyieuna: 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2013
I hope whomever posted this image doesn't think people are gullible
Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by aglomar: 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2013
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by alphaconde(m): 9:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
Na witch
Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by reloboy(m): 9:29pm On Mar 08, 2013
Gosh, that face on the belly looks older(much like his father) beside shouldn't a baby head be upside down and nt facing the tommy
Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by kandiikane(m): 9:29pm On Mar 08, 2013
Looks like he who must not be named. grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by fatimah24: 9:30pm On Mar 08, 2013
d face looks lyk a 70yrs old man.
Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by LasBonBoi: 9:34pm On Mar 08, 2013
remecy: So how is the baby positioned? The legs should be coming out of her body with that pic? And that face looks 7yrs old.

The picture is upside-down
Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by baby124: 9:34pm On Mar 08, 2013
Very cool. But that cant be the baby's face. The face is too advanced. But then, we see some babies that have the face of an old man or woman. undecided
Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by condralbede(m): 9:34pm On Mar 08, 2013
D baby must be headward by name.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Mom Has Baby's Face On Her Stomach by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:34pm On Mar 08, 2013
rubbish....na benjamin button?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Afribaby Mother And Baby Expo 2015 In Gbagada Lagos (Photos) / Should I Meet Her Biological Father Before Paying Bride-Price To Her Step-father / My Dad Just Disowned My Elder Brother!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.