Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,025 members, 7,803,449 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 (10838 Views)

Nigeria Vs DR Congo U20 AYC (3 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 / Nigeria Vs Gabon: Africa Youth Championship: (1 - 0) On 20th March 2013 / Nigeria Vs Kenya - WC Qualifier (1 - 1) On 23rd March 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by saintneo(m): 10:29am On Mar 09, 2013
Premier Eastern Derby kicks off new season

No matter what you choose to call the name by, no matter how much times the name of any thing is changed, what is in it is still in it. The Premier Eastern Derby is a meet of champions of two of the oldest clubs in Eastern Nigeria; whether it is a game involving Heartland FC of Owerri (formerly known as Iwuanyanwu Nationale) and Enugu Rangers or one of these sides vs. Enyimba, It is always a game to watch and talk about, especially when it is the season’s opener.

The 2012/2013 season of the Nigerian Professional Football League (having being renamed by the Interim League Management committee), and after several delays and push forwards of the kick off date - which has become a norm for the league, starts on the hills of the Coal City State, inside the main bowl of the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium along Ogui Rd in Enugu State and the game is a premier eastern derby, which arguably could stand as the game of the season (unless it’s another eastern derby involving two of the eastern clubs). The match is between The Flying Antelopes and The People's Elephant - Enugu Rangers FC vs. Enyimba FC.

Undeniably, Enyimba stands as the stronger team between the two sides and have also shown records of most victories whenever the two teams meet, be it in The League or the Challenge Cup and they hope to carry that same aura of strength, confidence and hunger for victory into the game which kicks off at 4:00 PM Nigerian time on the 9th of March 2013 at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium.

Judging by head to head statistics in meetings of these two sides, The Elephants stand a better chance of returning to Aba with the 3 points or at least 1 point to their bidding. In the last six meetings, both at home and away, Enyimba FC have prevailed in defeating The Flying Antelopes three times at home, loosing twice and drawing once. The goal margins in those games have proven the toughness of the rivalry.

In the 2009/2010 Season, Enyimba drew Rangers at home in a goalless encounter and then returned to Aba to defeat the boys from the Coal City state with a 1-0 margin. The 2010/2011 season saw the two sides pull home victories with a 1-0 margin respectively. 2011/2012 turned out well similar but to the better side of the Aba Elephants having lost 1-0 to Rangers in Enugu and then handing them a 2-0 defeat in the return leg at the Enyimba Intl Stadium.

However, in overall 13 games involving the two sides, Enugu Rangers have the most record of 7 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses compared to Enyimba's 4 wins, 2 draws and 7 losses. Yet the recent improvement recorded in victories for Enyimba is fiery for oppositions to be shaken with on and off the pitch - the premier league teams know this! How will the turnout of the 2012/2013 season be? Saturday, March 9, 2013 and a return leg on July 07, 2013 shall tell the tale!

TALKING POINTS:

Games between Enyimba FC and Rangers FC have always hit up argument and counter arguments over who the better team is, who has the best players, who is the biggest and most respected club in the East and Nigeria as a whole. Whether or not the result of their games answer the questions, the fact still remains that Enyimba currently towers above Enugu Rangers in number of victories, championships won, continental engagements and quality players within their ranks.

For this game, the talking point will centre most on two people. One for Enyimba and the other for Rangers: The Coach of Enugu Rangers Okey Emordi will be eager to reinforce his coaching credentials against Saturday's visitors. This is because in Enyimba's 2004/2005 campaign, Emordi guided the team to glory by helping them clinch the league crown and retain their CAF Champions League trophy but was sacked afterwards. Despite an additional stint in Aba, he certainly will be looking to inflict opening day defeat against his old club.

For Enyimba, the man who will be scrutinized will be left back Uwadiegwu Ugwu who joined the club from Rangers two seasons ago and hurt the Antelopes deeply when he helped condemn them to a 2-0 defeat by scoring a stunning free-kick in their last trip to Aba. His wild celebrations after sealing the defeat of his former club was a stab in the chest for the traveling fans and the thousands more who watched the game on TV back in Enugu. A hostile reception certainly awaits him.

But whatever the outcome of the game is, a premier eastern derby involving Enyimba is never a game to miss as it shows top class football hardly ever seen in any Premier League game.

5 Likes

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Eifeh(m): 10:50am On Mar 09, 2013
Rangers vs Enyimba on super sport 9 dont miss it by 4pm rangers all way

1 Like

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by saintneo(m): 11:15am On Mar 09, 2013
Gonna be at the stadium LIVE!

3 Likes

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 09, 2013
Up Rangersssssss.....
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 11:58am On Mar 09, 2013
This is Naija's own version of the El Classico. Before it used to be Enugu Rangers Vs 3sc and then Enugu Rangers Vs Heartland(Iwuanyanwu) and some point rangers Vs Insurance. I can't wait to watch this match. I just hope Enugu Rangers does better this season to lift the trophy. They came very close the last time until Pillars won the league in the board room.

Pls, if you're a Rangers fan, go here www.nairaland.com/1219970/official-enugu-rangers-fan-thread

2 Likes

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by y2kaustinstone: 1:10pm On Mar 09, 2013
am not an Igbo club fan.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Freiburger(m): 1:14pm On Mar 09, 2013
y2kaustinstone_: am not an Igbo club fan.. angry
No qualms, try other threads.

6 Likes

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by abbeyty(m): 1:15pm On Mar 09, 2013
y2kaustinstone_: am not an Igbo club fan.. angry

but you can be far away oyinbo football fan....what a mentality ?

1 Like

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by clog(m): 1:19pm On Mar 09, 2013
My house is α stone throw from the stad. Am gonna be @ d stadium live. I hope its nt gonna be α waste of my limited time.
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by ichidodo: 1:19pm On Mar 09, 2013
Supersport 9! I no go miss am.
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by slextheboss: 1:21pm On Mar 09, 2013
Am not igbo. I am Yoruba but my favorite club is enyimba. Shame on the poster that wrote he doesnt support igbo club. First of , no one asked you which club you supported. Secondly , no one cares who you are and where you come from because you are insignificant. Thirdly because of dim-wits like you. Nigeria still is backward. EWU. ONYARA.

16 Likes

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by W3xy1(m): 1:22pm On Mar 09, 2013
any thread for oluyole warriors?? 3sc 4 life
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Johnnoah1st: 1:23pm On Mar 09, 2013
clog: My house is α stone throw from the stad. Am gonna be @ d stadium live. I hope its nt gonna be α waste of my limited time.
bros no dey form 4 here oo, wat do u mean by limited time? But u no get work b4 now, so wat are u using ur time 4?

1 Like

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by victorazy(m): 1:23pm On Mar 09, 2013
I tut Rangers is playing a special league with Worri Wolves, trophy name Sunday Mba grin grin grin
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 1:25pm On Mar 09, 2013
victorazy: I tut Rangers is playing a special league with Worri Wolves, trophy name Sunday Mba grin grin grin
I also want to know the update about Sunday Mba and the goalkeeper that Rangers bought from Warri wolves.
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Positiveminds(m): 1:26pm On Mar 09, 2013
Now we are beginning to do the right thing: promote our own league. I remember those days when all we knew was about our local clubs, not that they were absolutely doing it right then, just to promote our football. All that changed when we shifted attention to the EPL and such others like it. I am not against the streaming of EPL. It is good as it is serving the purpose of teaching our football administrators what it means to be organized. The point being made here is that we should promote our local league than we the foreign ones.t

2 Likes

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Johnnoah1st: 1:27pm On Mar 09, 2013
slex the boss: Am not igbo. I am Yoruba but my favorite club is enyimba. Shame on the poster that wrote he doesnt support igbo club. First of , no one asked you which club you supported. Secondly , no one cares who you are and where you come from because you are insignificant. Thirdly because of dim-wits like you. Nigeria still is backward. EWU. ONYARA.
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by FKO1(m): 1:27pm On Mar 09, 2013
my predîction
enyimba 2
rangers 0
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Positiveminds(m): 1:28pm On Mar 09, 2013
[quote author=y2kaustinstone_]am not an Igbo club fan.. angry[/quote

slowpoke
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:28pm On Mar 09, 2013
Glad to see this on the frontpage...

My bet is on Rangers...
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by victorazy(m): 1:30pm On Mar 09, 2013
Johnnoah1st: idiiot! no b true d guy talk? y do u want him to support a club 4rm terrorist,419,kidnappers region?

Who be this one? Ur mouth dey smell plz!

2 Likes

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by saintneo(m): 1:30pm On Mar 09, 2013
Why all these tribal nonsense? Football has no tribe abeg.
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:31pm On Mar 09, 2013
This is gonna be a CRACKER!
The two teams parades some of the best legs in the Nigerian Premier League.
Players to watch: Enyimba: Josiah Maduabuchi.
Rangers: Chimaobi Chukwu...midfield maestro.

1 Like

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by StudioCFR(m): 1:34pm On Mar 09, 2013
Biafra league of kidnapping (BLK) 2012/2013 season kicks off angry
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by SuyaEater(m): 1:39pm On Mar 09, 2013
any links to watch the match
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by Freiburger(m): 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2013
slex the boss: Am not igbo. I am Yoruba but my favorite club is enyimba.
Enyimba Fc Of Aba, i still remember then when i used to sneak into stadium at the age of 8, whenever they show up against the Bendel insurance FC of Benin.
Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by SomaNaeto: 1:48pm On Mar 09, 2013
e be like say yoruba pple hate igbo more than hausa?evry thing abt igbo dy give dem headache.ordinary football

1 Like

Re: Rangers Vs Enyimba (1 - 0) On 9th March 2013 by speaktome(m): 1:48pm On Mar 09, 2013
ENYIMBA! ENYI! ENYIMBA! ENYI! ENYIMBA! ENYI!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Honduras: 1 - 0 (U-17 World Cup) / Super Falcons Drawn Against Mali & Morocco At The Aisha Buhari Cup / Playing Nairabet Online Is Better Than Playing On Desk?check This Winning trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.