Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android (5135 Views)

New Way To Activate Mtn Ipulse 5naira For 5mb / Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! / How To Activate 2go Gateway And Chat With Facebook Friends On 2go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by DandeNumeruno(m): 1:41pm On Mar 09, 2013
To get mtn bis to start working on your Android device, simply follow this steps.

Go to Settings,

click wireless and networks,

then click mobile networks,

then click Acess point names,

create a new Acess point,

then at the apn box, just type blackberry.net.

leave every other thing blank, then make it your default Acess point.

If the 3g/H symbol disappeared after that don't worry.

Just click wireless and network again,

then click Tethering and portable hotspots.

Then click portable wifi hotspots.

Your wifi hotspot will be activated after that.

Just wait a few second, the 3g/H symbol will reappear.

Then turn off the wifi hotspots(or leave it on if you want to use it on your laptop)

Then goto your setdns app,

open it, then change the dns to Google dns then click the apply box.

If your phone is rooted, then you must see a caption on your screen telling you that your setdns has been granted a superuser permission.

That's it! You are good to go.

P.S; Your phone must be rooted for it to work.

1 Like

Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by Tascocent(m): 1:48pm On Mar 09, 2013
Av u tried it.........cos if I subscribe and e no work. Wetin make I du u..
Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by ciphoenix: 1:54pm On Mar 09, 2013
lmao grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by DandeNumeruno(m): 1:59pm On Mar 09, 2013
Tascocent: Av u tried it.........cos if I subscribe and e no work. Wetin make I du u..

Blazing with it right now. Just make sure your phone is rooted and your wifi hotspots is configured.
Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by ben4reel: 4:37pm On Mar 09, 2013
I got my phone rooted and i installed a droidvpn but each time i try to start the droidvpn app. this message pops up: Tun module is not loaded! Put your tun.ko in /sdcard/ tun.ko before connecting DroidVPN. How are my suppose to go about this?
Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by DandeNumeruno(m): 6:36pm On Mar 09, 2013
ben4reel: I got my phone rooted and i installed a droidvpn but each time i try to start the droidvpn app. this message pops up: Tun module is not loaded! Put your tun.ko in /sdcard/ tun.ko before connecting DroidVPN. How are my suppose to go about this?

Goto Playstore, search for Tun.ko installer that is compatible with your device, then download and install it.

Just make sure that you install it on the phone memory or it wouldn't work otherwise.

Launch it and your device will do the rest.
Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by ben4reel: 7:40pm On Mar 09, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno:

Goto Playstore, search for Tun.ko installer that is compatible with your device, then download and install it.

Just make sure that you install it on the phone memory or it wouldn't work otherwise.

Launch it and your device will do the rest.

Thanks bro.I have successfully downloaded and installed it.
Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by DandeNumeruno(m): 7:41pm On Mar 09, 2013
ben4reel:

Thanks bro. I have successfully downloaded and installed it.

You are welcome.
Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 09, 2013
Interesting....
Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by bemagnify: 3:29pm On Mar 10, 2013
just bought a new sg3 but am scared of rooting it. any side effects?
Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by DandeNumeruno(m): 3:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
If done properly, you will get to really enjoy your S3.

I will advice you to find someone that actually knows what he's doing to do it for you, or better yet if you know how, do it yourself.

And make you follow the instructions to the letter, because any slight mistake may have seriously repercussions. You may end up bricking your expensive device.

That's the side effect.
Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by ciphoenix: 3:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
just follow the guide on cnet.

or check the xda forums
Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by bemagnify: 4:11pm On Mar 10, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno: If done properly, you will get to really enjoy your S3.

I will advice you to find someone that actually knows what he's doing to do it for you, or better yet if you know how, do it yourself.

And make you follow the instructions to the letter, because any slight mistake may have seriously repercussions. You may end up bricking your expensive device.

That's the side effect.
hmmmmm
Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by bemagnify: 4:13pm On Mar 10, 2013
ciphoenix: just follow the guide on cnet.

or check the xda forums
menh am dem scared.
Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by ciphoenix: 4:17pm On Mar 10, 2013
lol grin it's normal. i was before i rooted my note2. if it makes you feel better you can look for someone with rooting experience and who knows what they're doing. watch them do it. rooted a friend's s3 after i did mine.
Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by bemagnify: 7:24am On Mar 11, 2013
abeg mak una post una vital android applications lets rock n roll...
Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by bemagnify: 7:25am On Mar 11, 2013
ciphoenix: lol grin it's normal. i was before i rooted my note2. if it makes you feel better you can look for someone with rooting experience and who knows what they're doing. watch them do it. rooted a friend's s3 after i did mine.
chai so nw u ar stil rockin d mtn bis
Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by frantec: 3:47pm On May 26, 2013
bemagnify: just bought a new sg3 but am scared of rooting it. any side effects?

there are no side effectsand you will enjoy it when rooted
Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by stevalos555: 1:25am On Jun 15, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno: To get mtn bis to start working on your Android device, simply follow this steps.

Go to Settings,

click wireless and networks,

then click mobile networks,

then click Acess point names,

create a new Acess point,

then at the apn box, just type blackberry.net.

leave every other thing blank, then make it your default Acess point.

If the 3g/H symbol disappeared after that don't worry.

Just click wireless and network again,

then click Tethering and portable hotspots.

Then click portable wifi hotspots.

Your wifi hotspot will be activated after that.

Just wait a few second, the 3g/H symbol will reappear.

Then turn off the wifi hotspots(or leave it on if you want to use it on your laptop)

Then goto your setdns app,

open it, then change the dns to Google dns then click the apply box.

If your phone is rooted, then you must see a caption on your screen telling you that your setdns has been granted a superuser permission.

That's it! You are good to go.

P.S; Your phone must be rooted for it to work.
Pls do u know anything about setting up droidvpn to work for unlimited browsing with mtn?
Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by stinville(m): 7:44pm On Jun 15, 2013
It's working for my N7 and its not rooted.
Re: Tutorial On How To Activate Mtn Bis On Your Android by bush4ker(m): 9:50am On Aug 15, 2013
not working

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Want To Root My Lg L90 Dual (d410) / Many Did Not Know The Meaning Of Up And Down Arrows In Signal Bar (photos) / Whatsapp Could Be BANNED Any Moment From Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.