Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Does This Deserve A Ban? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Does This Deserve A Ban? (1392 Views)

1 Item U Will Like A Ban On Its Importation. / How To Get A Ban / Offences That Can Warrant A Ban On NL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does This Deserve A Ban? by k4kenny(f): 4:08pm On Mar 09, 2013
Good day all, yesterday I posted this thread in the business section and I was swiftly banned for 1 month by the moderator, naijacutee, without prior warning. A PM was sent to her, no reply. Apparently she's only quick in banning, not replying PMs.

Here's appealing to all reasonable members of nairaland to view the thread with an open mind ,d tell M̶̲̅ε̲̣ if the ban was justified. I want to know if am wrong to post in that section.

In my over 6 years of being a nairaland member, I have always adhered to the rules of the forum. I have NEVER been banned, NEVER had a post hidden neither have I been warned by any moderator for any reason. She didn't even bother to check out my profile for authentication.

Your opinions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Does This Deserve A Ban? by Seun(m): 4:13pm On Mar 09, 2013
The treatment you got was appropriate for a persistent spammer, but your history suggests that you are not a persistent spammer, therefore you have been unbanned. Posts about get rich quick schemes like a2w are strictly forbidden.
Re: Does This Deserve A Ban? by k4kenny(f): 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2013
Thanks for unbanning M̶̲̅ε̲̣ Seun. But I'm no spammer at all talkless of persistent. I only opened a topic in a section I felt was appropriate. I wasn't aware of that. I can assure you that A2w is not a get rich quick scam site. I know the forum has its fairshare of scammers but your mods have to give members benefit of the doubt.
Re: Does This Deserve A Ban? by Seun(m): 4:51pm On Mar 09, 2013
Noted,but pls try to avoid that topic from now on. Thanks for using Nairaland!
Re: Does This Deserve A Ban? by gluv01(f): 5:00pm On Mar 09, 2013
Seun, Please I think I'll ask mine here. Why was I banned in the NYSC section by antispambot? And I don't know why I was banned. If I did something wrong, is there no reason attached with the banning? If someone is banned without given reasons, how then is the person expected to post without being banned again since he doesn't know his offence? I've been a guest here since 2007, and have never been banned, I just decided to be a member this year and I've banned twice on the same thread. Please just tell me so I won't repeat it again.
Thank you
Re: Does This Deserve A Ban? by k4kenny(f): 5:30pm On Mar 09, 2013
@ Seun
I'll always use nairaland its my favorite site ever!grin. Howerver I can't aviod the topic as its how I make a little income from time to time. I have learnt so much from the seminars about financial intellegence over the past months that I felt I should share the info with my fellow nairalanders. Thank you
Re: Does This Deserve A Ban? by dominique(f): 5:42pm On Mar 09, 2013
@gluv01
You were propably banned by the spambots. Have you complained to the moderator of the section in the complaints thread? You can post the link of the thread there.
Re: Does This Deserve A Ban? by gluv01(f): 5:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
dominique: @gluv01
You were propably banned by the spambots. Have you complained to the moderator of the section in the complaints thread? You can post the link of the thread there.

I've been released. My point is I was given no reason, and I need to know the reason so as to stay safe.
Re: Does This Deserve A Ban? by dominique(f): 6:30pm On Mar 09, 2013
gluv01:

I've been released. My point is I was given no reason, and I need to know the reason so as to stay safe.

Ok. Most likely the spambots have a crush on you grin. Next time it happens, just inform the moderator of the board.
Re: Does This Deserve A Ban? by gluv01(f): 6:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
dominique:

Ok. Most likely the spambots have a crush on you grin. Next time it happens, just inform the moderator of the board.

Lol, sure will.
Re: Does This Deserve A Ban? by Seun(m): 6:36pm On Mar 09, 2013
gluv01: I've been released. My point is I was given no reason, and I need to know the reason so as to stay safe.
The reason is that you used a foreign language word that had only been used by foreign forum spambots at the time you submitted your post.
Re: Does This Deserve A Ban? by gluv01(f): 6:38pm On Mar 09, 2013
Seun:
The reason is that you used a foreign language word that had only been used by foreign forum spambots at the time you submitted your post.

Ok, please to clarify, your point is that I shouldn't use the foreign language again. Right?
Re: Does This Deserve A Ban? by Seun(m): 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2013
gluv01: Ok, please to clarify, your point is that I shouldn't use the foreign language again. Right?
Nope. The AntispamBot just tries to guess which posts are spam and which ones are ham. Sometimes it makes a mistake and must be corrected.
Re: Does This Deserve A Ban? by gluv01(f): 6:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
Seun:
Nope. The AntispamBot just tries to guess which posts are spam and which ones are ham. Sometimes it makes a mistake and must be corrected.

I do understand you now. But please exclude my name so it won't ban me again. grin I don't use the language always, and it's not spam. Just once in a while. Thank you cheesy
Re: Does This Deserve A Ban? by Seun(m): 6:50pm On Mar 09, 2013
k4kenny: @ Seun
I'll always use nairaland its my favorite site ever!grin. Howerver I can't aviod the topic
If you go that way, you are likely to be banned again. Apologies in advance.
Re: Does This Deserve A Ban? by BBPREYEgarri: 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2013
Seun: Noted,but pls try to avoid that topic from now on. Thanks for using Nairaland!

SEUN! What has BBpreye and Ebamma done to you? Please unban my real handle "bbpreye" . I apologise if I've offended anyone but I know how many people from portharcourt I've introduced to this site! Thank you SEUN!
Re: Does This Deserve A Ban? by CrazyMan(m): 10:59pm On Mar 09, 2013
gluv01: Seun, Please I think I'll ask mine here. Why was I banned in the NYSC section by antispambot? And I don't know why I was banned. If I did something wrong, is there no reason attached with the banning? If someone is banned without given reasons, how then is the person expected to post without being banned again since he doesn't know his offence? I've been a guest here since 2007, and have never been banned, I just decided to be a member this year and I've banned twice on the same thread. Please just tell me so I won't repeat it again.
Thank you
You weren't banned in the NYSC section.

You were banned on an NYSC thread in the literature section.

So use the report button there to notify the moderator whenever such occurs, and I'm sure she would unban you.

Good luck.
Re: Does This Deserve A Ban? by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 10, 2013
Seun: If you go that way, you are likely to be banned again. Apologies in advance.

by now, i would have thought there would be a whitelist of posters who the spambot would simply iggnore.

it should not be hard to generate such a list. its annoying when one is in a debate and posts a rebuttal, only to find the post confined to the ether
Re: Does This Deserve A Ban? by Seun(m): 9:10am On Mar 10, 2013
oyb: by now, i would have thought there would be a whitelist of posters who the spambot would simply iggnore.
Yes. Moderators. If we were to maintain a more comprehensive white-list, how would you recommend that we should choose people to be on it?
Re: Does This Deserve A Ban? by k4kenny(f): 2:09pm On Mar 19, 2013
Seun your spam bots banned me on this thread thread yesterday. I've reported to the moderators to no avail. I don't know why your mods are making me feel like I'm doing something wrong. Pls help look into it.

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of This New Trick Used By Kidnappers And Ritualist. / 10 Amazing Facts About The Female Body You (probably) Wont Believe / Breaking News - 3 Girls Was Drown On Friday After Matriculating On Thursday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.