Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC (42391 Views)

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Will Be Shown On SuperSport / Barclays Premier League Live Scores-http://ng.supersport.mobi/default.aspx / Supersport – Nigeria’s 50 Greatest Football Players (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by Slankey: 8:31pm On Mar 09, 2013
He is a soccer icon in the African continent; a lover of the game and a true son of motherland. A budding footballer whose career was cut short by a knee injury. South African former SuperSport presenter Thomas Mlambo ditched his first degree course in law at third year to pursue his other passion for the beautiful game in the media

In an official statement by his former employer Super sport via the social platform Twitter few days ago which goes thus "@SuperSportTV: To confirm, Thomas Mlambo's SuperSport contract concludes at the end of March and we have decided not renew. We wish him well."

Mlambo has since pitched tent with another South African giant television network SABC. We wish him all the best in his career forthwith.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by sabak: 11:34am On Mar 11, 2013
He will surely be missed, he brought so much life and color to Soccer Africa and football analysis on Supersports. Between I wonder why he left, I am sure it was about money. He will be missed.
Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by Coefficient(m): 10:15pm On Mar 11, 2013
He will be sorely missed. How I love seeing him on the screen. Supersport have lost a gem.
Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 11, 2013
sabak: He will surely be missed, he brought so much life and color to Soccer Africa and football analysis on Supersports. Between I wonder why he left, I am sure it was about money. He will be missed.
In house info says, not really about the money, but most staffers were not happy with the way management handled the Mohamodu Gaye incident
Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 11, 2013
sabak: He will surely be missed, he brought so much life and color to Soccer Africa and football analysis on Supersports. Between I wonder why he left, I am sure it was about money. He will be missed.
He should resume fully at SABC in April. Here is a link to his twitter page where he confirmed it

https://mobile.twitter.com/thomasmlambo
Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by Slankey: 4:04am On Mar 12, 2013
Ogbeche77: In house info says, not really about the money, but most staffers were not happy with the way management handled the Mohamodu Gaye incident

Please can you gimme a hint of what happen between hin and Gaye? I don't think I heard the gist
Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by joseph1013: 8:52am On Mar 12, 2013
Gaye was suspended for blasting Kalusha Bwalya in the studio for supporting Hayatou as the sole candidate for the CAF Presidential election. Alot of people were not happy with the way Gaye was treated.
We'll dwefinitely miss Mlambo and Gaye on supersport. Great guys. Love their debates.
Hope they get someone else to argue with Peterside. It's always so interesting watching them.

4 Likes

Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by dominique(f): 10:25pm On Mar 12, 2013
Aww so he's gone for good sad. Was surprised when I didn't see the vibrant, articulate sports enthusiast when I tuned in to soccer Africa last week. He'll be missed for sure, wish him all the best in his endeavours. They has to be more to why he decided to quit tho, we'll probably never know.
Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by Reference(m): 7:57pm On Mar 13, 2013
What. Is this a joke or something. What da. Who watches SABC. He's gone from an international to a regional platform. That's a waste. Sure will miss him. If Kalusha is behind all this then he's lost all respect.
Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by k4kenny(f): 8:40pm On Mar 13, 2013
So sad to see him leave ss. Soccer Africa's ratings gonna drop like crazy, heard about d Gaye-Kalusha beaf during AFCON. Its very strange a promising broadcaster would leave an international platform for a local one, something is definitely fishy here. Wishing him all d best sad
Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by pampy: 12:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
I watched soccer africa yesterday and it was te driest have seen ever. Without Thomas and Mamadou, soccer africa is dead.

4 Likes

Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by Syenite(m): 1:28pm On Mar 22, 2013
Oh my God! Y naa... Mamadou & Mlambo gone? Who will Peterside argue with?Soccer Africa,my best show on tv is dead.
Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by Seun(m): 9:02am On Apr 08, 2013
Hmmm.
Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by daveedok: 10:26pm On May 03, 2013
Gaye gone? No wonder .but cant a journalist give his honest opinion about africa football.sad for africa football.africa, caf grow up.
Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by Nobody: 8:09am On May 04, 2013
Thomas Mlambo and Robert Marawa are my two best presenters in the whole world.
Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2015
I have wondered for several months about why he ever stopped anchoring Soccer Africa. I suddenly got angry about it today, searched Google and found this.
Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by tuffgongjo(m): 9:57pm On Jan 19, 2015
Mlambo wey no like naija,will miss his bald head sha.
Good analyst unless Naija is playing SA.
Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by tuffgongjo(m): 10:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
joseph1013:
Gaye was suspended for blasting Kalusha Bwalya in the studio for supporting Hayatou as the sole candidate for the CAF Presidential election. Alot of people were not happy with the way Gaye was treated.
We'll dwefinitely miss Mlambo and Gaye on supersport. Great guys. Love their debates.
Hope they get someone else to argue with Peterside. It's always so interesting watching them.
I knew Gaye will have tons of problem over that honest statement,reason African football is on a back pedal.
Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by Taofiq007: 9:00am On Apr 30, 2015
Thomas is one prime culprits of a xenophobic saffer,he hate naija to the core! undecided
Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by Miamibutch(m): 6:13pm On Jan 29, 2017
Really sad he left ss.. .. . Hopefully he will make a come back in future.. Already following on twitter.
Re: Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC by castrokins(m): 10:13am On Feb 10, 2021
Great Guy. I Always Liked How He Pronounced Sfax When The Nations Cup Was Played In Tunisia

(1) (Reply)

Eaglets ’ Golden Boy: ‘osimhen’s Dad Has No Generator To See Son On TV’ / Super Eagles Players React To Unbeaten Run In World Cup Qualifiers / New England Kit For Women's World Cup Has Blue Shorts Because Of Period Concerns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.