Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Understand The Basics In Graphics - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Understand The Basics In Graphics (5469 Views)

Applications For Beginners In Graphics Designs / I Am Interested In Graphics Design - What's The 1st Step? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understand The Basics In Graphics by erad(m): 8:53pm On Mar 09, 2013
How do you drive a car when you don't understand the basic function of each part?
In my opinion, this is the sort of question that differentiates a pro from a newbie. You want to get the best of out of Adobe photoshop, do you understand how the tools and components of Adobe photoshop work? How do you seperate an image from its background when you can't even differentiate between the background and the image itself?
The only reason we can manipulate things and manoeuver our way around events is because we understand the basics of those things and events. Its not just about knowing the basics, its about understanding it. When I have a design work, I take into consideration all the tools that will be involved. I understand how those tools need to be used to get the desired result, I understand the system i'm working on(most times my pc which I think I understand perfectly by now), I understand what is expected to be my end result(sometimes its just fun designing blindly as the inspiration comes). Once i put together all these pieces and understand how they work, there's no limit to the 'awesomeness'(I hope that word exists) of my output.
If you are having doubts about any of these pieces, make sure that doubt is cleared before you fully embark on your project and above all, make sure you love what you are doing. There's no greater inspiration than the passion you have for what you do.

eradesigns..com

Check for tutorial...
https://www.nairaland.com/1227687/tutorial-greatly-enhance-image-simple#14785487

3 Likes

Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by redcliff: 12:49pm On Mar 16, 2013
well said
Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by princemolak(m): 12:54pm On Mar 16, 2013
Graphic designing is nt an easy task ooo, i do outsource my on fiverr

Need A Job? Here Are some Business Opportunities for You http://onlinemoneydon.com/need-a-job/
Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by bright007(f): 1:01pm On Mar 16, 2013
I opened this thread thinking the poster was going to do justice to explaining the basics in graphics but after reading through the thread,I can say my expectations were dashed.what's d essence of identifying a problem and not solving it?
In other words,this thread is meaningless but I will like to ask my oga at the top for his opinion too.

4 Likes

Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by ebrahym(m): 1:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
Cool story
Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by erad(m): 1:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
bright007: I opened this thread thinking the poster was going to do justice to explaining the basics in graphics but after reading through the thread,I can say my expectations were dashed.
In other words,this thread is meaningless but I will like to ask my oga at the top for his opinion too.
The initial title is "Understanding the basics"... it was modified to that. I only used graphics design as an illustration cos thats my field.

What help do u need with graphics?? cos i didn't state it here doesn't mean i can't help u with it eventually.

To everyone, i'm sorry for the misleading title... its meant to be a more general article.

3 Likes

Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by Ebestsmscom: 1:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
Well said.

Beginners guide to photoshop is needed.
Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 16, 2013
bright007: I opened this thread thinking the poster was going to do justice to explaining the basics in graphics but after reading through the thread,I can say my expectations were dashed.
I actually came here to critique. On arriving, I discovered there was nothing to critique.

No talk on lines, colour, shape and form(the elements) or texture, shade, tone, hue, prominence...(the principles).

Nothing at all...how did this make front page. I feel embarrassed.

1 Like

Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by Ebestsmscom: 1:15pm On Mar 16, 2013

Me too.
Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by adexsimply(m): 1:30pm On Mar 16, 2013
what are we supposed to be understanding now?..am a software developer but am a LOUSY graphics designer..can you help? i don't mind the price..ok?
Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by spywareczar(m): 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
yezzir
Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by dabrake(m): 1:54pm On Mar 16, 2013
Oga, na matrix, line geometry,. . . and some 'raster display' nonsense dem dey teach me here. Infact, I get that test to write on wednesday. #naijaEducationalSystemIsA_Waste.

1 Like

Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by silverluci(f): 2:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
dabrake: Oga, na matrix, line geometry,. . . and some 'raster display' nonsense dem dey teach me here. Infact, I get that test to write on wednesday. #naijaEducationalSystemIsA_Waste.
oga na so we dey see am for here o. But a successful man never limits himself to what his teacher teaches him. na to cram algorithm pass the course

1 Like

Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by 80million1: 2:15pm On Mar 16, 2013
iddokay
Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 16, 2013
Graphics is more about the right combination of colours, shapes, figures and images and not just leArning how to use some graphics softwares.

2 Likes

Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by Dermie: 2:25pm On Mar 16, 2013
My OGA @ D TOP must see this.
Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2013
I think a tutorial to the elementary part of grafix design should come in.
Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by cr8v(f): 2:39pm On Mar 16, 2013
The basics of graphic design satrts with your ability to appreciate/critic a work of art. Look at this 3 designs we did for a church

Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by Francheezy(m): 2:50pm On Mar 16, 2013
wot is dis thread ?
Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 16, 2013
princemolak: Graphic designing is nt an easy task ooo, i do outsource my on fiverr

Need A Job? Here Are some Business Opportunities for You http://onlinemoneydon.com/need-a-job/
ode like you will always say its not easy. by saying that you might discourage some people from doing it. Nigerian mentality, its not always easy. But you will go behind to learn it.
Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by erad(m): 3:44pm On Mar 16, 2013
make una no vex for me abeg... the restructured title is causing the disappointment... guys interested in graphics should visit the blogsite and lemme know what you think. i have a tutorial there and i doubt anyone has ever seen it asides me, leave honest comments and i'll be encouraged to make more
Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by AmmyMummy(f): 5:47pm On Mar 16, 2013
My Oga at d top must talk 1st
Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by commynikky: 6:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
Mr poster, I hv a litle knowledge of graphics design, tot u were going to dwell on it indept, hw cn I get to knw it fully?
Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 16, 2013
It seems some of us entered the thread looking to get guidelines on designing good graphics. I must confess its not an easy task at all. But no worries for those willing to get training videos on the subject. Adobe After Effects, Photoshop CS3, CS4, CS5, CorelDraw, AutoCAD 2013 are available.
Chukwukauzaka @ yahoo com
080 99 545 128.
Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by jazmartins: 8:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
For me I am a network engineering student, but photoshop , designed web I also creat catoon , I thought this thread gonna be of help but is full of shit .
Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 16, 2013
Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by Salmoneus(m): 10:48pm On Mar 16, 2013
jazmartins:
For me I am a network engineering student, but photoshop , designed web I also creat catoon , I thought this thread gonna be of help but is full of shit .

LMAO
Re: Understand The Basics In Graphics by DerrenBrown: 10:32am On Mar 18, 2013
Hello Friends,

Graphic design is a very wide domain and getting a job as a graphic designer is not an easy task. Besides the many skills you will have to learn, getting a job on the web also requires personal attributes such as resistance to stress, creativity and self-motivation. But before your personal skills will be evaluated, the practical ones are the first to be looked at; and the most important, obviously. Therefore today we start a short series of articles in which I will talk about the basics of graphic design. Today we review the most popular elements of the industry.

Thanks and Regards,
Derren Brown

transcriptionhub.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Graphics And Logo Design Portfolio / Need A Cartoon Image Of Yourself? Enter Here / DOOR TO DOOR LEAFLET & FLYER DISTRIBUTION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.