Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,379 members, 7,800,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

The Dangers Of Chewing Gum - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Dangers Of Chewing Gum (30179 Views)

Watch Your Cream For Hydroquinone.-(dangers Of Hydroquinone.) / The Dangers Of Drinking Soda, Energy Drinks, Coke Or Mineral Water / What Are The Benefits Of Chewing Bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by Coldfeet(f): 8:06pm On Mar 11, 2013
Everybody is chewing Orbit

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 11, 2013
Wtf? That won't stop me from chewing my Extra.

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by Pelummy(f): 8:15pm On Mar 11, 2013
;Dfree me ,chewing gum ke!!!
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by Pelummy(f): 8:16pm On Mar 11, 2013
Coldfeet: Everybody is chewing Orbit
I don't
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by Deiok(m): 8:17pm On Mar 11, 2013
Wow i was just chewing a gum when i read this. Well i am not going to let this post discourage me from chewing my #150 pack of gum i just bought. (money can not waste lol.)
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by Blazinraj01(f): 8:24pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hmmn, what doesn't kill or What is not harmful these days? undecided I'll always love my ORBITgrin
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by Greatlydia(f): 8:25pm On Mar 11, 2013
i hate chewing gums actually. i chew it only when am offered one and i dont chew 4 long. hardly buy it with my money
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by fujirice: 9:00pm On Mar 11, 2013
Tell that to Sir Alex Ferguson and Sam Allerdyce!
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by ayzero6487(m): 9:02pm On Mar 11, 2013
Shuwin gum....y u will shew one packet a day?....abi u r ashawo ni?.
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by coldgate(f): 9:03pm On Mar 11, 2013
tongue
firetrap: with English as bad as yours, your far from saved
You are...
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by ramaju: 9:13pm On Mar 11, 2013
ilelabola: The Dangers of Chewing Gum~

Originally, chewing gum was made from tree sap but today's commercial brands are loaded with harmful ingredients and chemicals.

The modern day chewing gums are made of four major ingredients including synthetic rubber, plastic, sugar, and coloring (dye). Modern day gums are produced from synthetic polymers such as styrene-butadie ­ne rubbers and polyvinyl acetate. The final product is composed of 60% sugar, 20% corn syrup, and only 20% actual gum material.

People do not typically swallow gum, so they pay very little attention to the ingredients. The assumption is that if it is not swallowed, then it is not a concern.

However, the ingredients in gum travel into the bloodstream faster and in higher concentrations than food ingredients, because they absorb straight through the walls of the mouth, and they do not undergo the normal filtration process of digestion.

Gum is typically the most toxic product in supermarkets that is intended for consumption, and it is likely to kill any pet that eats it. Commercial gum products contain roughly the same list of toxic ingredients, with differing labeling, which is virtually always designed to be deceptive.

Common Ingredients of Gum:
• Sorbitol
• Gum Base
• Maltitol
• Mannitol
• Xylitol
• Artificial and 'Natural' Flavoring
• Acacia
• Acesulfame Potassium
• Aspartame
• BHT
• Calcium Casein Peptone-calcium ­Phosphate
• Candelilla Wax
• Sodium Stearate
• Titanium Dioxide (so cancerous that external skin contact is enough)

In essence, Chewing gum is regarded as a harmless cultural tradition but chewing gum itself contains many ingredients that may be hazardous to our health.

http://dherbs.com/articles/dangers-of-chewing-gum-244.html
Now you have said it, we done hear. Make we ask Alex Ferguson what has become of him he started chewing those toxins.
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by BashToks: 9:21pm On Mar 11, 2013
alala dakosta: tell that to Sir alex ferguson.

His own habit stems from the need for a stress reduction technique.
A man at 70 managing a club that big.. he should be dead by now
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by BashToks: 9:25pm On Mar 11, 2013
bennynaza: so y isnt alex ferguson dead yet? Imagine nearly 30 yrs of chewing gum for 90mins evry wkend, 9months per year pls midweek champions league matches, plus maybe trainin days. Dats roughly 18,300 MINUTES of chewing gum! So why aint d old scot dead yet?
U go fear calculator..!!! I feel U small
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by Texykool: 9:34pm On Mar 11, 2013
alala dakosta: tell that to Sir alex ferguson.

cheesy
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by dorggito1(m): 10:37pm On Mar 11, 2013
like seriously gum is my cigarete cos i dnt smoke.nd i chew only sugar gums.# dis news na o
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by dorggito1(m): 10:38pm On Mar 11, 2013
like seriously gum is my cigarete cos i dnt smoke.nd i chew only sugar_free gums.# dis news na o
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 11, 2013

Originally, chewing gum was made from tree sap but today's commercial brands are loaded with harmful ingredients and chemicals.

The modern day chewing gums are made of four major ingredients including synthetic rubber, plastic, sugar, and coloring (dye). Modern day gums are produced from synthetic polymers such as styrene-butadie ­ne rubbers and polyvinyl acetate. The final product is composed of 60% sugar, 20% corn syrup, and only 20% actual gum material.

People do not typically swallow gum, so they pay very little attention to the ingredients. The assumption is that if it is not swallowed, then it is not a concern.

However, the ingredients in gum travel into the bloodstream faster and in higher concentrations than food ingredients, because they absorb straight through the walls of the mouth, and they do not undergo the normal filtration process of digestion.

Gum is typically the most toxic product in supermarkets that is intended for consumption, and it is likely to kill any pet that eats it. Commercial gum products contain roughly the same list of toxic ingredients, with differing labeling, which is virtually always designed to be deceptive.

• Sorbitol
• Gum Base
• Maltitol
• Mannitol
• Xylitol
• Acacia
• Acesulfame Potassium
• Aspartame
• BHT
• Candelilla Wax
• Sodium Stearate

In essence, Chewing gum is regarded as a harmless cultural tradition but chewing gum itself contains many ingredients that may be hazardous to our health.

NOT ALL CHEWIN GUMS ARE HARMFUL TO ORAL HEALTH..THERE ARE SOME CHEWIN GUMS DAT ARE RECOMMENDED FOR FRESH BREATH.E.G GUMS DAT HAS MENTOL...@GUM ADDICTS, I SUGGEST YOU VISIT YOUR LOCAL DENTIST FOR MORE INFO...
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by poweredcom(m): 11:03pm On Mar 11, 2013
Deiok: Wow i was just chewing a gum when i read this. Well i am not going to let this post discourage me from chewing my #150 pack of gum i just bought. (money can not waste lol.)
U be mugu why would u buy a gum for 10 naira 150naira ..abi dat chewin gum na gold dem take do am
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by mimifonwon(f): 11:04pm On Mar 11, 2013
udara or agbalumo makes the best bubble gum, and it is the healthiest chewing gum straight from nature
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by lolaluv1(f): 11:13pm On Mar 11, 2013
As I'm reading this, I have orbit in my mouth (mint flavour).
My favourite is lemon. So addictive...
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by israelbenzion: 11:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
manny4life: Ah, I started chewing gum recently to help my teeth (advice from a supposed professional) who said it helps strengthens the gum and contains chemicals to kill germs and mouth odor. Well, time to go to the dentist and hear what he has to say
well, since u hv mouth odor, try brushing ur teeth at night too before u sleep. might help grin grin grin
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by Nobody: 1:58am On Mar 12, 2013
bokungi40: I don't like chewing gum.am save.

^^ grin grin

same here!!
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by Nobody: 2:24am On Mar 12, 2013
kay dibs:
Just cz u don't believe it doesn't make it bullshit einstein!*rme*

Huh?
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by kenny1795(m): 3:04am On Mar 12, 2013
And to think sir fergurson has been chewing since adam and z almost 70
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by babaowo: 3:26am On Mar 12, 2013

• Sorbitol
• Gum Base
• Maltitol
• Mannitol
• Xylitol
• Acacia
• Acesulfame Potassium
• Aspartame
• BHT
• Candelilla Wax
• Sodium Stearate

........ if sir alex fargson catch u?
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by 1k001(m): 5:30am On Mar 12, 2013
Going by the way the info is presented, i can add the following to 'dangerous chemicals':

- Water
- Toothpaste
- Sugar
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B...

The list is endless really simply because toxicity is almost always dose related. i.e the danger of a substance is related to how much of it one digests over time.

so the question is at what point do these substances actually become deleterious?

I would posit that the amount of exposure to these 'dangerous substances' resulting from chewing gum by the average person is nil to none.

Chew away!
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by jeffizy(m): 5:42am On Mar 12, 2013
deols: I didnt like chewing gum until recently when I needed to do something about my chubby cheecks. some people say they are adorable smiley but I want them slimmer. I read somewhere that chewing gum could help so I started chewing.

what I do is chew and spit out the sugar content and I used to think the sugar free ones are the best.

well I dont chew too much. I infact just take half a sachet and chew it well until pretty hard-when d job would be well done.

this article aint enough to stop me jorh..
Nkan to dun lo n pa ni.
Its the sweet things that kill!
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by hpk(m): 6:37am On Mar 12, 2013
the_ripper: Ferguson for don die since na.
dis article na Scam!!! Orbit Must Be Chewed Mehn!!!
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by Deiok(m): 7:25am On Mar 12, 2013
poweredcom:
U be mugu why would u buy a gum for 10 naira 150naira ..abi dat chewin gum na gold dem take do am
i said a pack of chewing gum
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 12, 2013
Another Danger is that it helps coaches to win Nations Cups.
Re: The Dangers Of Chewing Gum by kagel: 11:59am On Mar 12, 2013
greatgod2012: Chai! I love gums die, Lord, pls, help me, when im chewing, mehn, i concentrate seriously, all my loved ones know me, no one dare visit me without packing gums along, especially my hubby and my mum, can i stop chewing gum? I dont know, but i will give it a try, to start with, i have to call my mum, not to send that gum again, may be when its not with me, i might stop chewing it, but...mehn, i use it as a concentratin pill.........lol grin grin grin grin
May God help me.
oh dear dont worry chewgum is bad when you chew the healthy one here

Solutions

If you must chew gum, you should purchase the product from a health food store with moderately safe ingredients, brands such as:

Peelu
Glee Gum
Spry, and
Xylichew
They are made with far better and safer ingredients than the common commercial brand gums.

Thank you for reading
!

Read more: http://dherbs.com/articles/dangers-of-chewing-gum-244.html#ixzz2NK2db600

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enugu Designates Medical Diagnostic Centre As Isolation Centre (Pictures) / 604 New COVID-19 Cases, 246 Discharged And 10 Deaths On July 23 - (4145 Tested) / Is Glaucoma Hereditary? Can It Be Cured?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.