Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,691 members, 7,802,017 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

How Do I Stop Skipping Words While Writing. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do I Stop Skipping Words While Writing. (4462 Views)

How Do I Stop Pains Resulting From My Thighs Rubbing Against Each Other? / Skipping Menstrual Periods Two Months In A Row. / Top 10 Reasons To Jump Rope A.k.a. Skipping Rope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Stop Skipping Words While Writing. by omigin: 8:01am On Mar 10, 2013
Please, i need advice . When ever i'm writing either with pen or typing, i usually skip words, even sometimes while reading, i does skip or jump words and i'm not anyway happy about this. I have tried my possible best to correct this but, i'm not finding it easy all. The funniest thing is that, most times, i won't notice until after i submit or hit enter key. I have been facing this challenge for the past two years. Although, one thing i noticed is, my eyes usualy gets a bit cloudy or blurry while trying to give a good look anything, expecially when it is written . Please, advice me on what to do. Can it be that my eyes bad or what?
Re: How Do I Stop Skipping Words While Writing. by bedford101(m): 8:19am On Mar 10, 2013
stop using words commonly used on social networks, type ur words correctly while chatting and socializing---simple
Re: How Do I Stop Skipping Words While Writing. by FXKing2012(m): 9:38am On Mar 10, 2013
Stop thinking abiut your gf.
Re: How Do I Stop Skipping Words While Writing. by omiobo: 12:45pm On Mar 10, 2013
U need full concentration
Re: How Do I Stop Skipping Words While Writing. by omigin: 6:01pm On Mar 10, 2013
Thank you all for your advice. Judging by what have ready so far, it is like, you guys think my problem as to do with lack of "concentration'. I will try and work it .i realy appreciate your response.
Re: How Do I Stop Skipping Words While Writing. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2013
This also happens to me sometimes, although most of the time I skip letters. Like if a word ends in the letter e and the following word begins with the letter e I will skip it. I do that when I take notes or write quickly. I think it's because I think too fast.
In what situation does that happen to you? Whenever you write or only in stressful situations? You mentionned your vision is blurry, maybe you have a problem with your eyes or need to wear glasses.
Good luck
Re: How Do I Stop Skipping Words While Writing. by greatgod2012(f): 4:02am On Mar 11, 2013
@op,
1. Work on your concentration.
2. Always type your words correctly when typing, either chatting or on Nairaland, dont use those crazy abbreviations again, if you are a student, its going to affect you in your examinations.
3. Since you complain about your eyes, go see an eye doctor (an optician), he will examine you and tell you the necessary things to do.
@all, Lets stop gambling with our health, if we notice anything that we dont understand with us, lets cultivate habits of consulting our doctors, its not an act of unbelief, its God that give these doctors d knowledge which they use to help us, so, its an act of faith. Also, periodical medical check up is not a bad idea when it comes to our health.
May God help us all.
Re: How Do I Stop Skipping Words While Writing. by deols(f): 5:08am On Mar 11, 2013
You need to see a psychiatrist jare...

there's a word for your condition

kai...make I go check my note...

dont be discouraged by d word psychiatrist please. go seek help jare. no amount of lack of concentration should make that happen all d time.
Re: How Do I Stop Skipping Words While Writing. by omigin: 8:23am On Mar 12, 2013
I totally agreed with you on that hospita aspect. I find it very difficult going to the hospital, even when i'm very heal. I have only been to hospital twice since 2003 till date. I went there then, not for a check up but malaria treatment. The main reason why i hate going to the hospital is because of injection, i really hate bein stabbed with a niddle. Most times when i'm sick, i don't tell my parents so as to avoid injection. Please, another question i have is, Does excess intake of GARRI affects vision or eye?. I take garri alots. I thank you all for your advice.
Re: How Do I Stop Skipping Words While Writing. by deols(f): 4:22pm On Mar 12, 2013
You dont need to be scared of going to hospitals. Not everyone gets injection. Some people even get only counsel. No one can even force you to take the injection if you dont want it.And many of the things that require injection have alternatives. They can give u oral drugs.

Btw, how old are you.
Re: How Do I Stop Skipping Words While Writing. by LADEMINUS: 12:24pm On Mar 13, 2013
omigin: Please, i need advice . When ever i'm writing either with pen or typing, i usually skip words, even sometimes while reading, i does skip or jump words and i'm not anyway happy about this. I have tried my possible best to correct this but, i'm not finding it easy all. The funniest thing is that, most times, i won't notice until after i submit or hit enter key. I have been facing this challenge for the past two years. Although, one thing i noticed is, my eyes usualy gets a bit cloudy or blurry while trying to give a good look anything, expecially when it is written . Please, advice me on what to do. Can it be that my eyes bad or what?

Hello, please look for the closest qualified and registered eye clinic, the optometrist or ophthalmologist would perform an procedure called a refraction on you to determine is the powers in your eyes are normal, then most likely test you for a condition known as 'ASTIGMATISM' which presents with the symptoms u mentioned above.
Re: How Do I Stop Skipping Words While Writing. by Obego12345: 11:14am On May 24, 2020
Hi,
I really think you need to read about this to know more :

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/aphasia/treatment/

You can read about it better, symptoms and treatment in that link

Also, you can contact me for Stem Cell Therapy which I honestly believe can correct this. Cause it is a disorder from the brain

Call/whatsaapp 08103197953

omigin:
Please, i need advice . When ever i'm writing either with pen or typing, i usually skip words, even sometimes while reading, i does skip or jump words and i'm not anyway happy about this. I have tried my possible best to correct this but, i'm not finding it easy all. The funniest thing is that, most times, i won't notice until after i submit or hit enter key. I have been facing this challenge for the past two years. Although, one thing i noticed is, my eyes usualy gets a bit cloudy or blurry while trying to give a good look anything, expecially when it is written . Please, advice me on what to do. Can it be that my eyes bad or what?

(1) (Reply)

Get Herbal Treatment To Some Diseases And Sicknesses / Pls Does One Knows If This Creams Are Safe To Apply / Benefits Of 40 Plus For Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.