Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? (5471 Views)

Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? / No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg / Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 10, 2013
BarryX: And you seriously think so?? Truth ko Ruth ni....

70% of Nairalanders are wrong and you are right? You must have been born in cloud cuckooland.
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Xplicit1(f): 7:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
I don't know thou, but i know in my area, there is always light. (like 20-22hrs most times. Let me not use daily cause @ times it's less). Dem try.

So i wanna use dis medium 2 thank PHCN. PHCN ''una do well o''.
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 10, 2013
Rossikk: Power supply is getting worse by the day? Any further proof needed that you are a compound dunce?
you are a fooool. Must I need to tell u that I'm experiencing this? Are u a Malian?

1 Like

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by zuchyblink(m): 9:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
we cannot bank on our politicians,this is not the first time of making such promises,one million mega watts here;one million mega watts there,all to no avail
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Tropilo(m): 10:03pm On Mar 10, 2013
Instead of bombing churches, these boko haram people should have taken it as what they are agitating for.

They could have started by bombing any NEPA office using generator sets. Then move on to the NEPA Hqtr in Abuja (instead of the Police Hqtr).

If government refuses to listen, they deal with the NEPA ogas and policy makers of Mines and Power Ministry instead attack emir of Kano.

Now if that fails to tickle their attention, then they can face the man that earmarked 1billion Naira for his kitchen.
I bet you, they would have had the support of Nigerians and even the JTF.

@OP: Aside the above the country called Nigeria will never know constant electricity generation.
If you like install Buhari today. It will only amount to: Zero + Zero= Zero.

#Mind you, Fela sang about it long ago: Power lighti, Foodu, Housey. Ye kparikpa o!
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Tropilo(m): 10:06pm On Mar 10, 2013
Instead of bombing churches, these boko haram people should have taken it as what they are agitating for.

They could have started by bombing any NEPA office using generator sets. Then move on to the NEPA Hqtr in Abuja (instead of the Police Hqtr).

If government refuses to listen, they deal with the NEPA ogas and policy makers of Mines and Power Ministry instead attack emir of Kano.

Now if that fails to tickle their attention, then they can face the man that earmarked 1billion Naira for his kitchen.
I bet you, they would have had the support of Nigerians and even the JTF.

@OP: Aside the above the country called Nigeria will never know constant electricity generation.
If you like install Buhari today. It will only amount to: Zero + Zero= Zero.

#Mind you, Fela sang about it long ago: Water, lighti, Foodu, Housey. Ye kparikpa o!
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Liveair: 10:36pm On Mar 10, 2013
Rossikk: Oh God. Another dumb commentator. For your information there are many areas enjoying over 20hrs power supply daily, and have been doing so for months. As for telecoms, they've gotten a LOT better, and the only way is up. Now shut up and go do your laundry.
It seems you are one of the problems Nigeria has. Your folly is obvious from your denial of the truth.
I ask again, where in Nigeria is power CONSTANT?
Does having 20 hrs of light in 3% of the country and having the rest 97% in 20 hrs blackout amount to constant power.
The very day people like you wake up from your deep slumber and begin to tell yourselves the truth and challenge those in authority without fear than Nigeria will begin to progress.
Corruption has many faces. Denying it also amounts to corruption. Nigeria can have constant power if we tell ourselves the truth about how bad the situation is first. We can have constant power if we REALLY want it.

2 Likes

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Liveair: 10:36pm On Mar 10, 2013
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by henwun(m): 3:48am On Mar 11, 2013
Billyonaire: @OP, Conduct the following ritual: Open your hands, both hands; Look closely into your palm, hands, and...blink; Your destiny is in your hands. Go and buy a solar backup power system, it can supply you electricity 247 at a cost cheaper than buying and running a generator for a year. In as much as the Federal Government has put up a near-perfect road map, there is a possibility that the mafia in the Diesel business, that also own major stakes in the Gencos and Discos could try to amputate the political glories of the present government due to a dysfunctional judiciary. Your hands, your destinies, Sun is nature's answer to darkness, go for the power of the sun.

Thanks, you just nailed it! You guys should be wise enough and get urself a solar power to generate yourselves 24/7 uninterrupted electricity. I asked my friends this same questions when I newly came back to Nigeria , why all the mass are running on Generator while its most more Economical , Noise and air polluted free to power with solar energy, that will also subsidize calling tarrifs more cheaper, but being told diesel mafias would not welcome that fact..
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by henwun(m): 3:48am On Mar 11, 2013
Billyonaire: @OP, Conduct the following ritual: Open your hands, both hands; Look closely into your palm, hands, and...blink; Your destiny is in your hands. Go and buy a solar backup power system, it can supply you electricity 247 at a cost cheaper than buying and running a generator for a year. In as much as the Federal Government has put up a near-perfect road map, there is a possibility that the mafia in the Diesel business, that also own major stakes in the Gencos and Discos could try to amputate the political glories of the present government due to a dysfunctional judiciary. Your hands, your destinies, Sun is nature's answer to darkness, go for the power of the sun.

Thanks, you just nailed it! You guys should be wise enough and get urself a solar power to generate yourselves 24/7 uninterrupted electricity. I asked my friends this same questions when I newly came back to Nigeria , why all the mass are running on Generator while its most more Economical , Noise and air polluted free to power with solar energy, that will also subsidize calling tarrifs more cheaper, but being told diesel mafias would not welcome that fact..
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by julimax(m): 7:09am On Mar 11, 2013
Rossikk: Why do you bother with these buffoons? Ok how come you know all this but the poster doesn't? Is he not a Nigerian? Why do you have to do the research while he sits on his fat lazy arsss asking stup.id questions? He cannot be bothered to research anything, so you should have just ignored him. Dense fools.
So if you reside in an area where you get some reasonable light in a day do you mean that a larger part of Nigeria enjoys same? And do you even get it for 24hrs? Abi you be nepa staff?

1 Like

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by ESULAALU: 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2013
Unknown Member: If someone had asked in 1999 if I would be alive to ever see Nigerians being able to:

1. Own mobile phones

2. Be able to access the Internet from the comfort of my Bed,

I would have said never... Today, I own 3 mobile phones, all complete with Internet access and even video calling capabilities.

I believe that by 2015, power situation in Nigeria would hit a minimum of 20 hrs per day.

''Bla bla bla sheeep have you any wool

yes sir yes sir three bags full...''

This my poem is much better to read than that self gratifying epistle you just wrot up there?

For heaven's sake na who ask this gayotic anofiastic ewu china question now?

Story of my life.....I no wan read this kind rubbish from you again....ewu congo
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by mathylucas: 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2013
NO embarassed
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by 1025: 2:09pm On Mar 11, 2013
the truth about it all is that nigeria has been under the rulership of a particular cabal who are men of the underworld. their head-quarters is pdp. kick pdp out of power and nigeria will get light maximum in 3 yrs.
cultists are anti light. they are darkness and are always afraid of light. kick these bastards out of aso rock and light will come in and u will see development follow up.
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Inik(m): 3:21pm On Mar 11, 2013
If the current power sector reforms will be sustained by the next administration, in 10 years time we will witness constant power supply
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Dibiachukwu: 9:16pm On Mar 11, 2013
Yes and in the next 3 to 4 years smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pension Scam: Abia Suspends Treasury Officers’ Salaries / ‘i’ll Jail You For Fraud’-umana Tells Akpabio. / Buhari Walks Out Customs , NSCDC Boss (must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.